Dating

Life Is A Puzzle

I waited a bit to pay and JunHong took this opportunity to serve me. I gave him my card.

«Nice pick.»JunHong commented, eyes on Sujin. He held my card, without making use of it, extending our conversation.« Did you enjoy yourself ? I think she spent a good time. She laughs a lot and it's always good sign. »

 

I nodded and finally he asked me. « So you kissed her yet ? »

 

I rolled my eyes as he widened his eyes. « Gosh. What are you ? A middle grade ?»

 

« None of your business. » I mumbled, my sharp eyes on him being enough to shut him up.He smiled to me and gave me back my card as one of his supervisors arrived. I came back to Sujin and looked at her stand up graciously. I held her hand to the elevator and saw the smirck Jun Hong gave me and read the explicit words on his mouth. I sighed and welcomed the chuckles of Sujin with surprise. She didn't notice Junhong teasing me but my reaction was enough to entertain her.

 

 « He really loves to tease you. »

 

« Not a once of respect for elders. »

 

She giggled, her shoulder slightly brushed mine. I smiled, not looking at her. «Should we talk a walk on the beach ? »

 

I lead her to the sand beach. A beautiful place where couples were overflooding the place. Sure it looked romantic. Sujin looked around a bit and soon we were in a calmer place and I released a breath I didn't know I was holding.

As we arrived at the end of the walk, the only thing left to do was to walk in the sand. I looked at her littles heels as she reached to remove then. I stopped her gesture.

 

« Don't. I'm sure there's broken glass here and there. Keep your sandals, it'd be safier. »

 

She stood up with a slight nod and I took her hand as we went to walk on the sand. Soon, she grabbed my hand and showed the sand. « Could we sit a bit ? »

 

As I nodded, she sat on the sand, careless of the sand getting on her dress. She removed her shoes and moved her toes. « My feet hurts. »

 

« Did we walk too much ? » I said, realizing how far we were from the crowd.

 

« No I'm just not used to them. » She started to rest her feet on the sand and moved them like a child. I looked at her plump lips and gulped. It felt so intimidating to kiss her. What if I'm just a good friend for her ? I catched her staring at me and she looked away flustered. I took her hand in mine. A chilly wind came to brush our skin. I stoop up and removed my jacket. « Wear it. »

 

She did as told and took a moment to smell my cologne on the cloth. "You're wearing green tea if I'm not mistaking."

I nodded, surprised of her guess. She chuckled. "I love this scent."

« Don't you love how easy it is to get to the beach when you live in Busan ? The salty smell of the beach is the best I know. » She blurted out after a bit.

I thought back of the crowded Seoul, far from the sea, without many green places or just nature. Busan was a great city to live in. « I prefer Busan over Seoul too. I felt like I didn't belong there anymore. I wanted Taeyang to have a less polluted city and the nature. Busan was perfect. »

 

She nodded softly. «The sound of the waves is so peaceful. I wish I brought my stuffs to draw. »

 

Sat on a bench, we looked at the waves gently crash on the sand. Sujin looked relaxed. Soon I checked the hour on my watch. « I think we need to go. »

 

« Huh ? » I pointed at my watch and she grabbed my wrist to read the time. « Oh yeah. Let's go. We made a promise, we should keep it.»

 

As we walked in the car, I asked her about Moonah. « She's quite afraid. You saw how she was when I told her I was leaving. She's already a crybaby so it really hurts seeing her like this. »

 

She looked sad for a while but then stayed quiet. « I didn't see her yesterday at school , everything is fine ? » I asked to her. Last time we were supposed to have a date, she fought with her dad and looked emotionally drained.

 

« I just wanted to take it slow. I brought her to the psychologist so she can talk about it and I just want to do everything necessary so she'll be fine. Maybe I'm going overboard but I just need to make sure she's fine. »

 

I nodded and sighed. « It's normal as a parent. You're doing right. »

 

She chuckled and rested her head agaisnt the window. She stared at me while I was driving. Sure, we weren't talking non stop, but silence between us felt intimate and not awkward at all. The jazz music contrubuted to make the atmosphere sweet and romantic after all. At a stop, she muttered something under her breath and cleared

« Can I ask a true question to you ? »

 

« Of course. » I said, getting nervous. What if she asks me about my ex-wife ? The reason of our divorce ?

She talked with a soft voice, almot ashamed to ask it. « Why are you interested in me ? I mean .... you look like someone that have no trouble to date. You're handsome, well off , you  wear expensive suit and drive  an expensive foreign car. »

 

I scoffed, almost annoyed she was putting herself down like this.  « That's a nice compliment for me. But don't you deserve all of that ? You're beautiful. Generous and kind-hearted. And cute. You just ... put my heart at ease ? Everything becomes peaceful in your presence. »

 

«I mean I have a child and usually it's just-" She started to tell me, I put my hand on hers.

 

« Yeah. So do I. What's the problem with that ? You think I'm judging you or something for that ? You proved yourself to be a exemplary mother, there's nothing to be ashamed of, you should be proud of you.  »

 

She nodded, diligent and intertwined my fingers with hers while staring at them. We stayed like this for the rest of the ride, talking about our kids and their funny behaviors. I had so much trouble to find friends that she was the only parent of the school I was friend with. The only parent-friend I had around me. SO it was a pleasure to share little stories about being a parent and the numerous struggles of it.

 As we parked in front of my home, I looked at her frame, she seemed surprised."Gosh it was so fast !" 

 

"That's because we chatted."

She get out of the car and walked to the house. I walked to her and brushed her waist with my hand. « Sujin. »

 

I panicked seeing her eyes on mine and pecked her cheek almost violently. « Thanks for tonight. I had a good time. »

 

« I should be the one thanking you. I spent a really nice evening. » She smiled brightly to me and pecked my cheek in return. She giggled and I quickly opened the door of the house. The babisitter came to greet us, followed by Moonah who jumped in her moms arms.  « I told her to sleep but she said she will wait for you. »

 

I looked at her hug her daughter . « Did my baby miss me ? »

 

« Yeah. I was worried about you. »The little girl said with a pout.

 

« But I'm here right ? So you can stop worrying, do you want to sleep here ? » Sujin asked with a soft smile.

Moonah shook her head and whispered in her mom ears. The woman smiled and pecked her forehead gently. I had a gasp realizing that those lips touched my cheek. « I'll think we'll get going. »

 

She walked to the door and I followed her. « I'm coming with you. »

 

We walked in silence as the girl in her arms was now asleep deeply in the arms of her mom. As she opened the door she dropped her daughter on her bed and removed her shoes.

 

Coming back to me, she smiled.« Thanks for this date. It was magical you know … it's was my first date ever after I got Moonah. » She blushed a bit and twisted a strand of her hair. « So it was meaningful to me. »

 

I got closer to her and my lips pecked hers. My hands found her waist in a natural gesture and she shivered in delight as she set her hands on my shoulders. We kissed passionately. Like our life depended on it. Her lips were soft and warm, gliding against mine so well. Her tall silhouette against mine felt wonderful. I felt lucky that I was kissing her. As we stopped ourselves, she looked at me with relieved eyes and laughed against my chest.

 

I caressed her hair softly and she hugged me in a gentle manner. It felt almost new to me. Those days, the only representative of female that hugged me was my daughter, with her small frame and usually her cheeks covered with food to stain my white shirt. But Sujin was just a little bit smaller than me and I could feel her breath in the crook of my nose, perfectly placed on my jaw. I groaned as she kissed my jaw. She was already addicting.

I decided to confess something too.«That's why JunHong was teasing me. Because … you're my first date ever after I divorced. »

 

It felt weird. Having this proximity with someone that wasn't my wife, or my sister or mother. Hana wasn't very prone to skinship and I got used to just keep my hands to myself. Raising my daughter, I had to struggle between work, diapers, finishing my degree and curing my depression. I never allowed myself to have desire for someone. I buried all desire, all lust, because I was with a woman that all those years didn't desire me. 

I looked at her smile slowly reaching her eyes and she nodded silently. « Whaou I wouldn't have imagined. »

 

I chuckled. « Yeah so I'm awkward and shy and I'm sorry for that. »

 

She shook her head in delight. « I don't think I'm any less awkward and shy. It's fine. »

 

I nodded, pecking once more her lips and once again, we kissed with fervor. Pressing our bodies againt each others and our lips crushing again each others, I felt good. This moment was blissless.

*

Kim Sujin, 3rd of november, at school

 

This time, the kids had a representation. I knew about it too well. I had to make Moonah memorize her script, the dances. And gosh she was so forgetful. As YongGuk and I sat in the middle of the room, I looked at him get his battery out of his bag and charge his phone. « I need to record this. »

 

I laughed at his serious face chekcing his phone. « Such dedication. I'll only take photos. »

 

« Good ! Send them to me. » He said with honesty. I giggled. « It's really cute of you to get involved like this. »

 

«I made this promise to myself. And you can talk Sujin, I heard you helped to draw illustrations ? » He said now, a teasing smile plastered on his face.

I cleared my throat, embarassed. « Yeah Mister Lim contacted me. So I offered him some of my time. »

 

He pinched my cheek, and I knew he was getting amused by the pink color of it. « See, you're as cute as me. »

 

The representation of the Snow White started and all the parents waited for their child to come out and play. Taeyang was the princess while Moonah was the evil stepmother. We laughed so much looking at them play their part. Moonah was particulary good, Taeyang was really beautiful in her dress. Yet, the teacher found good to put white foundation on her so she'll be white like a ghost making me shake my head a little bit. As the representation ended, we clapped and the kids just ran over to their parents.

 

« Mom was I a good witch ? »Moonah asked me, her breath short as she ran to me.

 

« I will never ever eat an apple you gave to me. Never !! » I said exagerating. She giggled and handed me an apple. I shook my head and soon she came to sit on my lap. «You really was excellent. Taeyang too, you were really Snow White. »

 

YongGuk nodded, trying to wipe the foundation out of her skin, cursing under his breath. I fumbled into my bag and gave my my packet of wipes. « Cosmetic wipes. »

 

He looked at me thanksful. « Thanks. » He took one and started to get closer to his daughter.

 

Taeyang wasn't keen on that though and took a step back. «Don't remove it. I just look like mom she was fair like white snow right ? And I have the red lips too. »

 

He looked shocked, yet his expression changed to a forced smile. « Please, you look like a ghost. »

 

Taeyang frowned, visibly irritated. «I look like a princess and Mom, she was fair like a princess. The teacher said that princesses are really fair and I was fair enough. »

 

He raised his eyebrows, now getting angry. This was indeed something not nice to say. Children in Korea could bully easily if you have a honeyskin.  « She said that ? »

 

« Yeah and then she used magic on me. » Taeyang said, really excited. He looked disoriented for now and not knowing what to do anymore.

I kneeled in front of Taeyang.

« Taeyang ha, makeup is really nice right ? But you've got a perfect baby skin darling and cosmetics are full of chemicals things, they are harmful for your young skin. You could get allergies or rashes. Let me remove it for you huh before your perfect baby skin is ruined ? »

 

She considered the option for long seconds before nodding. «Okay. »

I took a wipe out and gently removed the makeup of her skin. The assistant was generous and I had to use several of them to get rid of everything. As I finished my task, I smiled to her. «All done, my pretty girl. »

 

She smiled shyly and I looked at Moonah with a unamused face. « If you think you're not getting this treatement. »

 

As I removed the makeup to make her look older, I felt better. YongGuk looked at us with unreadable eyes. « So are we going to the restaurant now ? »

 

*

Bang YongGuk, in Nugget King

I drove us to a nice korean restaurant to celebrate their representation. Yet  after the meal we got ice cream at Nugget king so they could play to their heart content. As soon as we arrived, we ate our ice cream together and ten minutes later, they were already running to their playground, leaving us the leftovers of the melted ice cream pot.

«Gosh, makeup at this age really ? » YongGuk said angry.

 

I laughed. « It's a game for them. »

 

He sighed, still bothered by the events of today. «Hearing my daughter say she would like to be fair like a princess it makes me go crazy you know ? »

 

I nodded, getting his point. «The assistant wouldn't haveact like  that, especially on putting makeup on a little girl.»

 

« And she was happy about it, just becaus her mom was fair. Gosh damn it. » He said, really upset. I raised my eyes on him.

 

« Hey it's okay for them to try to look like their mom.It's healthy. Taeyang for her maybe fair skin is synomin of feminity. That's all. »

 

«Bull, she's pretty. My daughter is really pretty. »

I hided a giggle. It was my first time hearing him swear and it felt weird. I took his hand in mine.  « I know. »

 

He sighed suddenly, trying to get calmer. « Sorry I just want to protect her from all of that. It just makeup it's a no no for a decade from now. And thanks for the cosmetic wipes. »

 

I shrugged, offering him a huge smile. « You're welcome. »

 

« You don't seem alarmed by this ? » He noticed, almost bothered by my smile.

 

«Moonah she sometimes goes in my makeup pouch to put some makeup. I have everything. Eyeshadow to lipstick. Once I let her alone for a hour and she looked like a clown when I caught her. » I stopped myself to laugh. «She's really interested. For now, I just love to with the brush when I apply blush. »

 

He looked blown away by me revelations and suddenly shy. « Gosh, I must have sound ridiculous to you. »

 

I shook my head. « No. You're a great father yet it's normal that some stuffs are unfamiliar for you. »

 

« Just it's a shame that Tae can't have those memories with her mother ... »

 

He was now really sad looking. His eyes were on his daughter, feeling guilty. I squeezed his hand to get his attention

« Don't feel guilty. You're doing your best. Raising a child alone of course they are going to get a different education and memories, but I doubt those are essential for her developpement. »

 

YongGuk nodded slowly. « Maybe you're right. »

 

He gave me a long look before chuckling. I blinked. « What ? »

 

« You're just so wise and your voice is soft and peaceful. It's nice to have you reassuring me. »

 

I grinned to him and looked around if our children were in the view. No. I took one second to press my lips on his before blushing. « You're welcome. » He widened his eyes at my bold gesture and stole a quick peck from me.

 

«Make me want to kiss you more. » He whispered in my ear.

 

« We're in Nugget King, please, people are already looking at us with revulsed eyes » I reminded him, greatly blushing now.

He scoffed, with raised eyebrows.  « So don't tease me. »

 

« I reassured you. It was a reassuring peck. »I defended myself.

 

He nodded slowly and took a last peck out of my lips. « A thanks peck. Can I get a welcome one ? »

 

I laughed, gently poking his shoulder. Now, I was embarassed, yet really happy about it. The premices of dating were always exciting.

 


A quick chapter for you guys !!!

Love you all :)