April : Back to work

Life Is A Puzzle

21th of march, Kim Sujin

 

« Mom happy birthday !!! »

 

Moonah jumped on the blanket, not making a difference between my body and the matress. As always, I had the sweetest wake up call for my birthday. YongGuk sat up in bed to look at the situation and I did the same.

 

« Thanks Moonah that's nice of you. » I thanked her, hugging her with my frame. It was early in the morning and we ended up sleeping back.

 

As YongGuk ringtone resounded in the room, we all woke up. I opened my eyes and instead of searching for my glasses like usual, they landed on my eyes directly. «Happy birthday Sujin. »

 

YongGuk kissed me, not minding the little girl still deep in sleep. « Good morning, handsome. »

 

« You're ready for your special day ? »

 

I smiled. « It's not that special. »

 

His finger reached the area between my eyes. « It is. »

 

« Hmm » I lifted Moonah out of bed. « Darling it's time to go to school. »

 

*

 

I looked at Sujin try to convince Moonah that even if it was her birthday, she had to go to school, they would celebrate her birthday tonight. Yes there will be a huge cake. No it won't be of a french passitery, she would do it. I chuckled as Moonah wasn't even realizing her Mom was indeed prepping her for school.

 

As they were ready, we decided to walk to school together. Moonah was reluctant and Sujin faked to be sad.

 

« It's my birthday ; You can't even go to school for mommy ? »

 

Moonah expression crumbled away. « Okay i'll go to school with a smile. »

 

Sujin looked pleased for the moment. It was cold but she looked happy to walk around. Her eyes were wandering around the road, looking at the trees. It was nature at its finest. We lived at forty minutes from Busan, at Hansan and it was a beautiful little village. Our house were at twenty minute of walk to the school and it was a real pleasure to do this little ballad with our kids. Taeyang wished a happy birthday to Sujin this morning and was now hilding her hands instead of mine. As we arrived to the school, we took time to greet the teacher and he had a smile.

 

« Wait don't tell me ? You two are dating ? Gosh that's great it's marvellous, I guess that having daughters that are bestfriends helps right ? »

 

Sujin chuckled. « Yeah I guess it did. »

 

I noticed some judging moms on her and as she was talking to Kim teacher with interest about drawing, I took a step back.

 

« Do you realize she's dating him ? She's going to all money from him. I can't believe she's this venal !! »

 

« Right ? Haven't you heard ? They already live together and he even tried to commit suicide. »

 

I cleared my throat and approached the ladies. « Mind your own businnes. »

 

Sujin exited the room and blinked seeing the scene. I smiled to her. « Let's go home. » she said getting ckoser to me.

 

I took her hand in mine and kissed it gently. « Let's go elsewhere. It's pottery time, I decided. »

 

« Oh right ! »

 

*

We spent the day together and had a fun time doing the cake together. Sujin was a talented baker and was taking her time to explain me each step of the recipe. I ended up grinning as the results of all my efforts was now in the oven. She looked at me with an amused smile and wiped some flour on my cheek. 

"Isn't it more fun than just buying a cake ?"

I nodded. Indeed. It was so much fun, much more than just going and choosing a cake. I dragged my chair closer to the oven and smiled, excited to see the cake become fluffy and delicious. Sujin laughed. "Moonah does exactly the same. You'll be able to see more of it if you put your head in the oven YongGuk."

I sent her a kiss and reached to open the oven before grabbing her hands. "Are you enjoying your birthday so far ?"

She nodded. "Yeah. My 27th birthday is memorable."

We went to pick up girls from school and hang out to the beach to look at the sunset. It was Sujin request to do so and we had a nice moment all sat on the sand and looking at the sunset. Arrived home, it was time for our little party with the girls. The cake we made was delicious and Sujin kept complimenting me on my baking skills. I thanked her with a eyeroll. She was the major part of why the cake was delicious. As we were settled on the couch, in front of a movie for the girls; Sujin 's phone ringed. Sujin took her phone and left the room.

 

«Mom thanks you. Yeah, I'm eating well. Yes Moonah is here I'm calling her. » I heard her say to her mom, apparently the two weren't close at all.

 

Moonah ran to her mom hearing her name in the conversation. « Grandma ! » Moonah was way more talkative with her grandmother, telling her about the cake part and the walk to school, not missing the pretty drawing she gave her mom (actually drawn on a stolen canvas from her drawing room but Sujin accepted with a huge smile.)

Sujin looked at her daughter talk and talk again to her grandma, soon as Moonah started to mention about me, Sujin did grimaces to her. She looked quite of worried that her daughter was speaking about me her boyfriend to her  mom. Yes, my girlfriend is 27 years old and behave like a seventeen years old girl that doesn't have the right to have a boyfried.  Moonah ended up bursting in laughs as Sujin added tickling to her torture.

 

«Oh grandma Mom is tickling me ! » She made the phone fall on the floor and left the place to go back on the couch. Sujin picked up the phone and sat on the edge of the window  couch and looked outside. « Can I have Dad now ? »

 

She talked for long minutes with her dad. A dreamy smile on. They must really get along well. At a moment she frowned. « Oh dad I have another call. I'm coming back to you in a minute. »

 

« Hi ? »

 

« HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUJINNIE » I heard though the phone. I turned my head to Sujin. She looked as surprised as me to hear her boyfriend and I quickly tickled Moonah and asked her if she wanted some hot chocolate, resulting us to leave the living room.  When we came back, she was back talking with her dad and I sighed out of relief. I gave to Taeyang her hot chocolate and watched the movie with them.

Suddenly Sujin bursted in laughs and looked at me. « Yeah I should definetely find me a better man. »

 

I pouted. Okay her parents knew nothing about me ? Really ? I was … not expecting that. « I'm leaving you dad, thanks for calling me. »

 

She came back to our side and kissed my cheek. We waited for the end of the movie and then helped the girls to get ready for bed.

We sat back  on the couch after  this task and I prepared the wine for Sujin. « Wait you're not having a sip with me ? » She complained.

 

« Remember ?  I must stop alcohol. » I gently reminded her. I was craving for a glass of wine right now but was determined to listen to the doctor recommendations.

 

« Oh true I forgot. » She said, drinking her wine quite unsatisfied.

 

« Why is it bothering you ? You said I should made efforts and become healthy !  » I pouted a bit. Her unsatisfied face was not really helping me right now.

 

« A silly reason. » She said blushing. « You are very handsome when you drink, your lips get red and plump and your kisses have the taste of wine. But you're handsome not drinking too so nevermind. Today I discovered you're hot baking with an aprom so I should be thanksful.»

 

I cleared my throat. Compliments like this. It was nice to hear. Everyday Sujin was showering me with compliments. By her eyes, I looked cool while explaining to her the menu, I looked y in suit, I looked adorable when sleepy and drunk, I looked so classy sat at my desk, so lovely when I'm focused on the laundry. It was an endless thing with her. As she laughed embarassed, I caressed her hair.

 

« I have a gift for you. »I revealed to Sujin before leaving the room to search for the gift.

 

« Wait YongGuk it wasn't necessary I just ... »

I knew she didn't like money getting involved here and motionned her to stay silent. I handed her the bag and let her discover her present. She smiled as she grabbed the tea mug I did myself for her in the pottery class. These days, I was going everyday there to get better at it and had all the leisure to make her this simple tea mug.

 

It was simple yet touching. «I did it myself and tried to make something nice. Your friend helped me. »

 

She took it in her hands and did as if she was drinking out of it. « That's a beautiful mug. »

 

« You don't have to lie I'm only a rookie. » I said, trying to hide how happy I was to witness her honest smile.

 

« I love it. Thanks you very much. » She said looking at it in every angle. Then she giggled. « You're the first adult to offer me handmade stuffs. »

 

We laughed together on that. We both had a huge collection of handmade gifts from our kids that was alarming. Sujin looked at the drawing Moonah pinning on the fridge supposed to represent her huge beauty.

 

Well, it was a bad representation of Sujin particular beauty with  her tiny amand eyes, thin yet well defined lips and a cute nose. I stole the glass of Sujin and drank a tiny sip before kissing her passionately on the couch. She giggled a bit after the kiss. « Let's head to bed then. »

 

It's weird to think about it. 25th of march. I lifted Sujin to bed with a smile. The same way I lifted Hana in the stairs of our Seoul loft to our bed that night we got married. Two different moments, with two different women.

 

*

2nd of April Kim Sujin

 

As I woke up I looked at YongGuk hands around me. His phone was ringing and he rolled on his side to grabb his phone. I turned around to look at him, he was bare chest, only sporting his boxers. I looked at him take a deep breath and turn around to look at me. Today was his first day of work after his burn out. One month and two days after the hospital release. So I guess he was stressed out about going back to work, I was stressed out for him yet I gave him a smile and he came to hover me. Hugging me and trapping me under him, I laughed. He closed back his eyes and I scoffed.

 

« YongGuk, don't be late. »

 

His chuckles on my skin made me shiver. «I woke up early so I could cuddle with you. Don't worry. »

 

He rolled, making me on top of him. «Sujin, good morning. »

 

Our kiss started softly yet became more needy as he started to roam my body. I pulled away. « YongGuk, you said cuddle, stop right there. »

 

He smircked to me. « Tonight then. »

 

I stood up. « Whatever just get ready. »

 

He finally stood up and wrapped himself in his wrap robe. He woke up the girls and get down to have coffee. I had prepared breakfast yesterday and we ate breakfast like this.

 

« Dad, you're starting work today ? » Taeyang asked. He nodded with a smile and she frowned. « Okay. But if you get tired once again, I'll talk back to grandpa. »

« Thanks my little lawyer. Everything is going to be fine today. »

 

I looked at Taeyang frown, not convinced of what he was saying. However, she nodded quietly and we ended breakfast, YongGuk took a quick shower and soon I looked at my family in the living room. YongGuk was doing his daughter hair, while Moonah ate cereals in front of TV, being the slow eater she is.

 

As YongGuk finished, he looked at Moonah bowl and sighed. I came to take her bowl. « She ate enough don't worry. »

 

« Okay let me grab my bag. »

 

As they were at the door, I came to check on them. I had prepared the meals of the little girls and break time and soon I locked eyes with YongGuk. « Have a nice day. » I wished to him with a gentle voice.

 

He nodded with a faint smile and got closer to me, applying his lips on mine. We kissed for a few seconds, and he pulled away with a smile. The gilrs looked at us, quite puzzled.

 

« Thanks Sujin, same to you. » He pecked my lips once more and I heard laughs. « It's like a drama !! »

 

We chuckled at this comparison and finally let go of each others.

 

The day was so slow. I was aching for him to come back. I processed into my morning drawing session, the afternoon in the office, picking up the girls from school and cooking. As I was finished with the food, I took a shower, waiting for YongGuk to arrive.  I hope everything is fine. I had this urge to call him at noon but decided to give him some space. So now at 7, I was eager to see him.

 

« Oh Appa called ; they're going outt with his friends from work he said to eat together. » Taeyang said to me. I nodded and she smiled.We set the table together and started to eat.

 

« Do you miss my dad ? » Taeyang asked.

 

I smiled. « Yeah, I've made some great food for him but I guess having a meal with his office people is good for him. »

 

We ate between girls and I watched a movie with them. As the end approached I looked at them fight sleepyness.

 

« Hey let's just sleep. You're both  tired. » I whispered to them

 

Taeyang frowned. « But dad ? »

 

«I'll tell him to wish you goodnight, promise. »

 

« Promised. » She said as a warning. I kissed her cheek and set Moonah in bed with Taeyang. « Goodnight girls. »

 

I stayed until the girls were asleep and left the room in silence. Now I was the only one left waiting for YongGuk. I went to draw a bit, knowing that finding sleep without YongGuk would be difficult. It's fascinating how I slept without a man most of my life and was now so used to it. I loved the warm body of YongGuk against mine and his soft breath on my skin.

 I wasn't able to focus on what I was doing. I ended up on the couch, waiting for him, faking to read a book.

 

Obviously, I dozed off. I was woke up by few chuckles and turned around. Strong arms got under me and I got lifted. My eyes were wide open.

 

« Oh, I've wake you up. » YongGuk whispered before giving me a gummy smile.

 

« YONGGUK !! » I've hugged his body surprising him. He chuckled at my actions and finally looked at me.

 

«Oh your glasses. »

 

He picked them on the table and put them on my eyes. I smiled and pecked his lips. « Is it when you're back ? »

 

«Sorry. I've been invited  to have a meal with my colleagues. And then they wanted to drink. »

 

« You drank ? » I asked, surprised.

 

He put me on the floor and shook his head. « I need to stop alcohol. »

 

I smiled. «You ate well ? »

 

«It was so long ago. I'm hungry. Do we have something to eat ? » He asked, a hand on his tummy.

 

I kissed his cheek. « Of course we have. » I brought him in the kitchen and made sure to heat up his bowl of fried rice. He came to hug my figure. «It feels good to have you here. »

 

I pouted. « Are you going to be this late every night ? »

 

« No way. I hate when I come home and Taeyang is already in bed. I'm going to check on her real quick. »

 

I nodded. « I promised you will. »

 

He went away while I was heating up everything. Having him home felt really nice. When he got down, I had set the table and was waiting for him to get down the stairs. He got down in his white tee and joggings. « Seems nice. They had steak at work place and they forgot I'm not fond of this, I didn't eat a lot. »

 

My lips found their way to his cheek to peck it. « Eat a lot okay. »

 

He ate as I was watching him, my hands holding my face. « So how was it ? »

 

« Huh ? » He raised his head in incomprehension

 

« Your first day, I mean. »

 

He stared at me. « You were worried ? You didn't even call ... »

 

I bite my lips. « I didn't want to be ... clingy. But was it okay ? »

 

« I just made figuration, basically. I read some articles, got some files to read but that's all. It was great for a first day. »

 

I sighed out of relief and got surprised when YongGuk held my hand. « I'll wait for your call at noon. I waited for it today and got grumpy. »

 

« Sorry. If I knew, I would have call you. I was so stressed out about your first day. I'm glad it went okay. »

 

I kissed his neck and he chuckled. «You must be tired from waiting for me. I'm sorry. I just considered that they might have been eager to see me you know. »

 

«I can share you. » I said sleepy. YongGuk chuckled. I looked at him eat with vigor the fried rice and stood up to give him some water. He drank it up and soon stopped to eat. « I'll go wait for you on the bed, while you shower. »

 

 He suddenly returned himself. « Hey countrypumpkin? »

 

« Hmm Seoul guy ? »

 

He lifted me once again and spinned me around. When he stopped, I hugged him trying not to fall. « I'm happy you're here. »

 

« I'm happy to be here with you too. » I confessed gently. What's started as gentle pecks became a huge make out in the stairs.

 

« Hey you have to shower. » I reminded him.

 

« I'll be lonely ... » He said with a sloppy kiss on my neck. I nodded. « Okay let's go. »

 

He  smacked a kiss on my lips and ran in the stairs holding my hands.

 



Excited to see a new side of B.A.P with their upcoming comeback =) The photo teasers are gorgeous !