December : telling you

Life Is A Puzzle

December 15th, the 6th date together

 

 I didn't know. How someone could be this weet and loveable. He would always do everything necessary to make me feel comfortable around him. This time I invited him to a traditionnal korean restaurant and taking a spicy stew I laughed seeing him hiss with the spiciness of the plate. I gave him a glass of water and he gulped down, quite ashamed. It's been two month and a half since our first date. He's been busy and we were taking it very slow. Maybe too slow ? Since our first date, we've been going out a lot, with or without the kids, kisses and peckes here but nothing more.

 

« It's really spicy. Like super hot. » He said to me. I chuckled and switched our plates with a smile. « Mine is quite mild. Just eat that. »

 

He looked at me with unsure eyes and I furrowed my eyebrows. « YongGuk, eat it. I take well spiciness. I can understand that Seoul guys can't eat spice.»

 

He narrowed his eyes at me while drinking water and I laughed. The temptation was too strong to not on that. I pinched his cheek and smricked. « Country Pumpkin will always be there for you when something is spicy, poor little city thing»

 

He rolled his eyes and started to eat the stew. and soon the ajjhuma came to our side. « Aigoo it's cute to see both of you. Your girlfriend is taking care of you huh !! You're lucky, she'll be a great wife and mother. »

 

We looked at each other in a sweet way and she cooed. « Gosh more couples should be like that instead on playing on their phone. »

 

I nodded and she went back to the casher. She brought back a plate of kimchi with a wink and I winked back. « Thanks you. »

 

As we finished o ur meal, we had coffee in a sweet coffee ship and soon we were back in a car. I got tickets for an art gallery and invited him. I stared at him as we talked together. It could become an habit. To stare at his hands on the wheel, his shoulders flexing a bit and overall, him riding with only one hand to portray the playboy guy. I had so much fun with him in his car. As we parked, he looked around and quickly stole a peck from me.

I smiled to him and went out of the car. We walked, hands intertwined in the gallery, looking at every art piece whether it'd be painting, scultptur or whatever. YongGuk was really interested in arts, or else he was really talented at making it seem like he was.

 

As we made our way outside he looked at me with a smile. « It was a nice exposition. »

 

I nodded and looked at the clock. « Maybe we should eat something. I'm quite hungry. »

 

We headed to a korean barbecue restaurant and ate so much there that we thought our stomachs would explode. As I paid for our meal in a hurry, he looked at me fascinated.

«I have a wages, so I should invite you too you know ? We don't live in the 19th century anymore. »

 

He nodded and this time he drove to Haeundae beach, we went to take a walk there. We walked hands in hands, walking slowly to digest. We recked of grilled meat and had a laugh because of that. He was softly holding my waist and I was excited for the rest of the night. It was our fifth date together. Winter was really nice in Busan. In Seoul winter was harsh and very cold, whereas here, winter was really enjoyable. Taking a walk on the beach while having a coat was something really enjoyable. And it was something I really enjoyed. While summer was all about crowded space and hot weather, Haeundae beach was almost deserted in the middle of december.

 

I looked at him pinch my waist and pinched back his waist. We pecked not really minding of the people around. As the rain started to fall, we looked at each other in horror. The time we reached the car, we were both soaked. We removed our coats in hurry and YongGuk the heat. He turned to me and laughed. I sighed, my wet glasses always made people laugh like crazy for some reason. He softly removed them from my face and wiped them clean with his handerkief, as he put them back on my nose, I smiled. It was the first time someone took the time to do this for me. It was heartwarming.

I was trying to diligently brush my hair with my fingers and my frown made him chuckle once more. He handed me a cute little towel. « It's Taeyang but you can wipe yourself with this. »

 

I listened to him and wiped my head with the towel before looking at the dripping hair of YongGuk. I wiped his hair while he was driving and he looked at me with surprised eyes before staring at the road.We were both awkward at this precise moment, it was maybe the first time I touched his hair. It was always brushed back to give a neat and classy hairstyle, but his frizzy hair from the rain was cute too.  I sighed and as I finished my task, we were home. He stopped himself in front of his home and I entered with him.

 

« Do you want to take a shower ? » He said to me. I considered the fact that my house was 5 minutes away but nodded. He lended me a shirt and joggings and I went to shower in his bathroom. Il felt strange. He had those manly shower bath while his daughter was using the berry ones. I laughed at the contrast and in doubt I used his shower bath, the scent not strong enough to feel manly on me.

 

As I went out of the shower, he entered the bathroom. I waited for him on the couch. Taeyang was at her aunt house while Moonah was with her grandparents. So we were both alone this weekend. So tonight was special, it could be our first night together ...

I felt as excited as a teenage girl when her parents were missing and went to her boyfriend home with no permission. Because it felt exactly like that.

 

As I waited on his couch, he came back in the same outfit as me and sat in front of me. « Should we have a last glass of wine ? »

 

I nodded excited as he went to take a bottle in the fridge. He poured one glass for me and one for him before putting back the bottle in the fridge. We drinked and took this occasion to phone our progeniture to check if everything was alright. Mom and Dad were spoiling my daughter by preparing her farourite meal. I did the same at home but the one from grandma was tastier for my daughter. I sighed frustrated when she said that her grandma bibimmbap was excellent and that I have to get better at this.

 

I looked at YongGuk take the call while I was chilling in his arms. He was playing with my fingers while speaking, eyes locked with mine. I felt like kissing him. I kissed his cheek, wanting to make him aware of my plans and he ended the call a few minutes later.

 

I assaulted him with a kiss. He kissed me eagerly and bravely. I was breathless as he started to tease my neck, and biting gently the skin. We were both really really lusty about this point, his hands roaming under my shirts, and my hands doing the same. After a steamy kiss, we looked at each others, breath caressing the others skin. He looked away wanting to sip on his wine. Suddenly he looked at me with widened eyes. « Hmm do you have it ? »

 

« What ? » I said, oblivious to what he was talking about.

 

He gulped with a slight blush. « You know...  condoms ? »

 

I looked at him and understood his face. I couldn't help but laugh at his expression. I shook my head and he bite his lips. « I don't have any. I didn't plan that. I mean. You know. »

 

I shook my head. « It's okay we can just w- »

 

« NO ; I mean we both know the importance of contraceptions by far. I can't do it without condoms."

 

I laughed. « I was going to say that we can wait. »

 

He looked at me with deceived eyes and I quickly added « Except if you want to go and buy some. » His house wasn't far from the village supermarket at all.

 

The hour was still fine yet he looked at me with hesitation. Our flirty mood was gone now. His whole look changed. I gulped, worried about his expression. He seemed lost and considering things.  I lost a little bit mys mile and stood up. « I mean I will go back home. It's okay if you don't want to. It's not like we are dating or whatever. I'll take my leave now. »

 

He looked at me and jumped out of the couch to grab my wrist. « Wait, no I just. You're like the first girl I'll be touching after my wife and strangely I'm really stressed up. Like really. I am excited but a little bit afraid too. And I think I wasn't completely honest with you. »

 

« Huh ? »

 

He looked at me with sad eyes. « Sujin, you're marvelous. I mean really you're smart, you're beautiful, you're a great mother, a great drawer and a great kisser. And if I didn't ask you to be my girlfriend, it' for a particular reason. »

 

I waited patiently and let him sit as I sat in front of him, ready to hear the untold until now.

 

« I suffer from depression and insomnia. I take pills for both, without any success. Sometimes, I'm just a zombie walking around. I'm not always the man that will make you laugh and dance. Sometimes I'm really depressed ... I feel just horrible. You asked for my flaws here they are. »

 

I was puzzled by his revelation. He hided this really well. I could have never guess. He looks so bright and obviously he looks serious but not depressed. «Why are you so depressed ? »

 

He took out his phone and opened instagram. I was confused over his action. He typed a name and showed me a photo. « Hananas. » I looked at the gorgeous photo she had. She was really pretty. The kind of model girl, going all natural because they rock natural. I looked at the photos and gave him back his phone.

 

« She's Taeyang mother. »

 

I gasped and he ran a hand in his hair. «We got married at 20 because I wanted to have a family with her. Because I loved her. When she was pregnant, she was really depressed and I had to deal with her mood swing all the time. The only person she accepted to see was her bestfriend. »

 

He sighed and I felt all the efforts it took him to talk about her. It's been months we've known each others and it was the first time he decided to talk about her.

« It felt magical to become a dad. I was such in a bliss that I didn't spot her total indifference for the baby. She felt exhausted all day so I took care of my daughter alone. Until her bestfriend came to visit her and we had a private discussion  together. »

 

« Gosh don't tell me she was cheating on you with him. »

 

YongGuk looked at me with sad eyes. « Sujin. »

He opened back Instagram and clicked on a photo. I looked at two girls in a hug kissing, another one, where they were hugging, them in bed, doing yoga together. I covered my mouth when I understood. « She never liked me Sujin. She loves women. I was her alibi for 4 years. She didn't want to tell to her parent and to make everyone happy she dated me. Married me and had a child. »

 

I took his hand and he wiped a tear away. «She told me she couldn't live in this lie anymore. So she fleed to USA and we divorced months later. »

 

I wiped his tears myself with my sleeve and he hugged me. I felt all his sadness in this man who was manipulated and used as an alibi. I rocked his body against mine and he looked at me. «I thought she was the one. »

 

I husshed him and he let me comfort him. For long minutes, I whispered swwet nothings to him. 'It's going to be fine.'  'everything is over' I was used to comfort my crybaby of a daughter but it was a new thing for me to comfort a man. All of sudden, he looked at me with a red face. « Gosh what am I doing. I'm really sorry, I wanted you to know that I was depressed before going a step further. »

 

I nodded and kissed his cheek. « Thanks you. I know it wasn't easy right to open up to me.»

 

He shook his head and I smiled to him while hugging him. « It's fine. » I hugged him tighly, loving how his arms cupped my waist gently.  We stayed in this embrace for a long moment, until he pulled away. « I told you how I've became a single depressed father. Do I get to know how you became the pretty single mother you are ? »

 

I laughed and he followed me in my crazy laughs. « Gosh it's a typical story really. Girl meets boy. Girl never had a boyfriend before and boy is a playboy. He dates her for a while. Then she realized she is pregnant, he's not that thrilled. So he goes to that scientific experience in Indian Ocean for 6 months. »

 

YongGuk looked at me and frowned. « I knew he was the typical playboy. »

 

« I had a difficult pregnancy, aside dishonouring the family. He never answered my calls or sometimes girls would answer. I was hospitalized at this point and they weren't sure that she would make it. I was really scared. »

 

«Gosh I had no idea. » He commented. I had a sad smile. «I gave birth alone. I prayed over my weak and premature baby alone. She was born way before term and almost didn't make her first night. I was a whole mess because this baby was mine and she was ill.»

 

He looked at me with widened eyes. « How did you become this strong ? »

 

« I had to. She was so tiny and tubes all over her body. And it happened the only person she could count as her family was me. » I sipped on my wine, talking about that period of my life wasn't pleasant. Remember of the tiny body of Moonah was still hard for me. As I finished my glass of wine, YongGuk hugged me. 

 

« Thanks for telling me. I know it's hard. »

 

I let my head rest agaisnt his chest. He ran a hand on my back. « Do you think you can just sleep here ? Like in my arms ? We won't do anything but sleep. »

 

I nodded and he lifted me. I ended up in his bedroom and looked around. A relaxing warm grey on the wall, a painting of sunset in front of the bed. I looked at him take his pills with a clenching heart. As he caught me staring at him, I smiled to him and kissed his lips. They tasted like tears and wine.

 

We went to brush teeths. He gave me an new toothbrush and we brushed teeths next to each others. It felt weird, I never ever brushed my teeth next to a man before. I never ended up having a proximity with Kang Joon. I was shy and he noticed that. He let me get on the bed and looked at me with a smile. "What side are you ?"

I laughed as I understood the question. I choose the right side of the bed and looked at him find a pillow for me. He came to lie in front of me and kissed my forehead lovingly. He looked at me with a unreadable expression. I removed my glasses and he chuckled to himself. "I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight." He stated.

"I know, you told me you have insomnia." I said wisely.

He shrugged and had a brief sigh. "Having a pretty woman in my bed doesn't help."

I laughed hard hearing that from him and sat up to catch back my breath. "You're so cheesy YongGuk."

"No, I'm saying the truth."

I rolled my eye and closed my eyes. "Goodnight."

I felt lips kiss my cheek. "Goodnight Sujin."

 



Hey I'm back with a new chapter !! Now we're in december in the story =) Now you have both character background very clearly, especially Taeyang mom !