The typical friday

Life Is A Puzzle

 

Bang Taeyang, august 2018

« Hana are you here ? »

Hana looked at me, surprised and stood up immediately. "Hey Taeyang. I'm glad to see you. It's been a while !!'

She smiled to me and embraced me with her arms.  «Enter, I'll serve you some tea and biscuits. You must be hungry after all that week of school. »

Hana hugged me and asked me questions about school. I don't come often as I have boarding school and prefered to spend time with my family at home. I only considered her as an  aunt and it was good enough for me. I visited her only when I felt like it, trying to be more regular because I knew she liked those visits. She was a bit disappointed about me not calling her mom, words of her doctor but no I won't ever call her that. Unlike Moonah with her dads, it's not something I wish to have two moms. Kim Sujin is my mom and she will be forever my mom. Even if Dad and her would get divorced, which is highly impossible.

I took my meal with her, asking her questions about her life here. She had very little friends but her family visited a lot so she didn't feel very  lonely. Once she integrated that institute, she became more peaceful and with time realized she did evil things. 

Our relationship wasn't ideal at first because I couldn't forgive her for all the pain she gave to my family.

I hesitated a lot before seeing her and Mom was the one that convinced me ; telling me that it would make me a complete person. It was after she sent me letters at home to apologize and come to visit her. It was a year after all the drama happened, our family was of course doing very well with our new born sibling. Mom stopped to worry about Dad going out and her book was received fairly well by editors.

Mom was the one who read the letter, she excused herself longly, saying she felt an urge to read it when she saw who sent the letter. We had a serious talk after that. And my mom convinced me to go and visit the woman that abandoned me at birth. She was good at it.

First time I saw Hana, she was peacefully reading in her couch. I couldn't believe it. So the woman that hurted Dad so bad was that fragile woman sitting on this chair. It was obvious she was a bit sick. She looked a bit pale and so delicate that all my anger vanished into thin air. It was awkward at first, so awkward. She was shy and intimidated and so was I. But with time, we learned to find common and neutral subjects to talk about.

Sometimes Himchan Uncle came with me and they talked about high school, about dad being a popular yet really sweet guy. Or we talked about my progress in ice skating. Hana never asked about my Mom, or my family or Dad. She knows she had no right. She only authorized herself to talk about my dad when she knew him, the one from the past. She thought she still knew him by heart. It made me amused.

Love of ramen ? Dad had no interest whatsoever in ramen now that Mom was here to cook delicious food for him.

Useless in the kitchen ? Now he can spend a long time baking with his kids.

Dad lounging around in basketball clothes all day ? I never saw him wearing sporty clothes, not even once.

She firmly believed that Dad loved to wake up late and being a night owl. It made me kind of sad because it clearly shows she wasn't part of the sleepless nights when Dad tried to comfort me in his arms, trying to make me sleep. Dad woke up extra early each day so he'd prepar his kids Woojun and HanByul for the day.

As I finished my cup of tea, I stood up. I needed to leave because Dad was surely waiting for me. Hana had a sad smile. « You're already leaving ? »

« Yeah Dad is coming to pick me up. »

She nooded, comprehensive. « Come back soon, okay ?  »

I have affection for her. We tend to have the same gestures and expressions. I don't consider her as my mother but I'm happy to visit whenever I can.

*

Kim Moonah In the meantime.

I pushed my baby sister on the baby swing and laughed at her being really excited. How cute a baby can get huh ? As I did that, Dad came to meet me. « Let me take a picture, I'm sure Mom will be happy to have news of Moon Soo. »

I handed him my phone and he took a picture of me with Moon Soo, she was around two years old now. Kang Joon finally found someone he felt comfortable with and married her a few years ago. Moon Soo was a eagerly expected child and she looked just like me when I was a kid, dad was sure of it. She had our eyes, almond green eyes.

I was kissing her cheeks, loving her cute reaction when my phone ringed. « Oh dad ? You're here ? »

Kang Joon took my phone. « Hyung ! Come on, come and see MoonSoo, it's been a while we've seen each other. »

He hang up and I smiled. « Dad is crazy about baby, he's going to steal MoonSoo. It's been a while he haven't seen her. »

Soon, my stepmother made YongGuk  enter and he greeted Kang Joon with a great smile. « How was Australia this time ? »

They chitchatted for a few seconds before his eyes landed on the baby. He came to my side. « Look at those beauties right here. Moon Soo, remember of Uncle ? »

He took her in his arms and hugged her, doing cute faces to amuse her. She laughed in his amrs, clapping her hands. « It's crazy how she looks like you Moony. I've seen photos of you and it's really weird. I hope you took photos to show your mom ? »

« Of course I did !! »

My dads sat in the living room and started to take news of each other, geniously. Apparently their good relationship started when my stepmother was pregnant. My dad was completely lost so asked my dad for advices. Even calling me Hyung and asking questions by texts late at night. Mom would always joke and said that he likes Dad a bit too much now.

Soon, we exited their home, promising to come back soon. Dad lead me to his car. « Kang joon really got an adorable little girl »

« you got yours at home »

Dad pouted a bit. "She's already four. HanByuk keeps saying she's a grown up now."

I giggled. "You can also have another baby."

He rolled his eyes."She doesn't want to have another one. And I respect that."

I nodded. "It's a lot of work after all, to take care of those kids, plus us."

YongGuk just shrugged, with a small smile. "Did you know I love babies ?"

I had an exagerated gasp. "Gosh, for real ?? I haven't notice at all !"

Dad looked at me with a unsatisfied face before laughing. He ruffled my hair. "You're such a good actress. Do the boys if your class still believe you're an idiot."

I smircked at him. And nodded with a huge grin. Some boys started to speculate that with my pretty face, I musn't be a real genius. I decided to prank them a bit and act as the dumbest clumsy girl for the first month. I was just waiting for their faces when they'll see my grades. After all, school just started and lessons will be learned and pretentious little idiots underrating me will get a lesson too.

Dad rolled his eyes. "Don't be too harsh on them, okay ? They're your classmates. Don't make me meet the school director, the school year just started. And you just started the boarding school so avoid problems."

I giggled and nodded obedient. Last year, a boy insulted Taeyang, saying that she wasn't graceful and will never get to be a professional with her pitiful skills.  Taeyang called me in tears and I came to nagg the poor boy, vocifering on him and even starting a fight. When Dad came into the director office, he looked at Taeyang quietly sit, the boy whose lips were bleeding a bit and me with my tangled hair and red face from anger. He was really surprised but with his good lawyer skills, got to shift the point of view of the director. After all, I wasn't a student at the sports academy of Taeyang. And thanks to Dad, my school never heard of that incident.

Dad parked in front of the institute and Taeyang left Hana after a last hug. Hana greeted us with a shy smile and Dad responded with a polite smile. Taeyang got inside the car and we chitchatted.

Dad cleared his throat. « Girls, I'm here too. »

« It's been one week we haven't seen each other. » Taeyang complained.

« You call each other every night to chat. Don't fool me. » He parked in front of the house and as we exited the car, he pushed us to the door. « I'll take care of your bags, your mom is waiting for you. »

Taeyang opened the door and we were welcomed witha familier scent. Mom food, ready to be devored. WooJun hugged the both of us. « Noona you're home ! It's already time !! I was hungry ! »

« Sorry little buddy we are a little late. » I said to my brother. With his small frame, he looked younger than his seven years old. He hugged Taeyang with the same love and lead us to the kitchen. We found Mom doing the dishes and HanByul sat, already ready to eat.  « Let's eat if everyone is there. »

Mom smiled hearing her and came to hug us. « She's been pouty since this afternoon no big deal, just greet her normally. » She whispered to us with a wink.

Taeyang approached our grumpy four years old sister kissing her cheek. « Hello my little star. »

I kissed her hand. « Hi little starfish. »

She gasped and groaned. She hated when I called her starfish. Dad cleared his throat. «  Moonah stop teasing your little sister. Let's eat. »

 



A cute little chapter for you !! I think there's two chapters left for this story so be prepared =)