January : Body and Soul

Life Is A Puzzle

You satisfy my body and heal my soul.

*

Kim Sujin January the 10th

 

As I sat for the second representation of the year, I waited patiently for YongGuk to come. Soon, I spotted him, in his usual suit, gelled hair and his chic bag. As soon as he saw me, his serious face changed to a grin. He sat next to me and pecked my cheek, not caring of the other parents surrounding us. I poked his shoulder and he giggled a bit. « I'm late. »

 

« It didn't start yet. You'll be able to hear your daughter don't worry. I heard the teacher will record it and give it to us later.»

 

« Did they have to dance to Gee from Girls Generation? » He groaned, removing his necktie. I laughed, looking at him remove casually his necktie before folding it nicely and put in in his bag.

 

«Yeah I trained my daughter every night to this dance. They better dance to that. » I commented, in an amused manner.

 

« If I hear it once more I going to murder all the assembly. » He muttered under his breath. The parents in front os us gave him a glance and he bowed. « Joking. »

 

They shook their head outraged and we giggled a bit. « I can't stand this song anymore. »

 

« Gee !! » I said, doing the trendy choreo. He looked unamused at me and I giggled looking at his harsh expression. He pinched my cheek with a frown and I stopped myself. «Taeyang is  dancing too ? »

 

«Dancing. » He revealed. « She's quite good, like she freacking watches them everyday on tv. »

 

« Lucky you. »

 

As he looked at me in confusion, a loud « MOM » was heard and   all the assembly turned back. I stood up seeing Moonah running to me, in her stage outfit, tears b her eyes. She hugged my leg with strengh. « Mom I won't be good. I feel like I don't remember of anything. »

 

I smiled. « We repeated yesterday right ? If you are lost, just look at mom okay ? But don't worry you'll do well. » I kissed her forehead and wiped her tears with my sleeve.

 

She nodded, wiping her nose with the back of her hand. « Moonah. » I grabbed a tissue and blowed her nose. « Let me bring you back to the stage. »

 

*

Bang YongGuk

 

I looked at them leave, Sujin suddenly lifted her in her arms, surprising the little girl that burted in laughs.

 

« Poor little girl. She doesn't have a dad, have you heard ? » Some lady whispered to her friend.

 

« Yeah, and her mom is so young. I doubt she can really take care of her child well. She's just more like an older sister, no real education here. »

 

"For sure !!! Look at how unconfident the little girl is, it's because her mom is single, it's not good for the kid developpement." Another woman added.

 

I cleared my throat loudly  and gave a long stare to the moms that said that. All of them became red like a tomato. I shook my head in disbelief. Sujin, an older sister. They really didn't know who they were talking about. As she came back to sit with a smile on her face, she seemed worried seeing my annoyed face. « Everything is fine with you ? »

 

I shrugged. « Yeah kind of. » I said quite loudly, wanting the ladies in front of me to hear me clearly.

She widened her eyes the most cute way, not getting my petty behavior and I looked at her fumble in her bag. « Do you want gum ? Water ? Candy ? »

 

I shook my head laughing. My phone ringed and the parents started again to whisper and gossip. I refused the call and turned off my phone. Sujin looked at me with worried eyes.

«Work. » I simply explained.

 

She nodded and seemed hesitant for a while. She ended up grabbing my hand and massaging it gently. I smiled a bit to this sweet attention. As the room turned dark, I kissed her cheek. We listenned to the whole school. Our kids were supposed to be the 4th classroom to sing and dance.

 

My mind couldn't help but get lost in work. I had so much work these days. I also had to miss hours to see Taeyang and wake up early to take care of her, while sleeping late to cook for her, bath her and then work on my files. I was indeed a busy bee those days. The worst was that the more I needed sleep, the more insomnia I get because of stress. I had bunch of cases to read after that and I still  wanted to celebrate the school party with my daughter. The amount of  hours in the day weren't enought for me.

 

I sighed loudly and ended up looking at the woman holding my hand. She looked put together today with a beautiful dress, still looking geeky with her glasses. She was giggling at the children getting to dance. As we clapped for the class singing Arirang, the teachers announced the class of our daughters and soon the whole class came to the scene. Half of the class would sing behind while the other half was dancing in front. Taeyang was obviously next to Moonah and soon the song started. I looked at Moonah petrified not moving when anyone else moved. Sujin suddenly stood up in the middle, and did the choreography for her daughter so she could follow. The other parents looked at her as if she was crazy. I was heartwarmed by her cute gesture. I didn't think that « look at mommy when you'll be lost » will result in the grown up lady next to me to dance to Gee.   Taeyang did fine, adding extra cute gesture to her moves, ending up being adorable.

 

As Moonah laughed, she found back the track in the choreo and was able to end the choreography alone, her mom sitting back next to me with an accomplished smile. We clapped as the song ended and soon our kids came running to us. Moonah came to her mom and hugged her. « Mom. »

 

Sujin smiled seeing her daughter hide in her sweater. « I told you mommy would help you. You were amazing my little bird. »

 

Taeyang came to my side and hugged me. « Saw me dad ? »

 

« You were the cutest little girl ! You rocked the whole scene Tae ! » I lifted her in my arms and suddenly we realized that the parents could leave if their children had already performed, due to the little room and the kids taking seats and excited, causing noice and late performances. We left the room and went to Sujin house to drink hot chocolate. I drunk my hot chocolate with worries in my mind. I turned my phone on and realized the dozen of calls I received. My daughter was still talking about the representation and her smile faded looking at me call the office. She sipped quietly her drink and I caressed her hair gently.

 

My sister told me about receiving  new pieces of evidence and argumentations  two days before the trial, I had to go back to work and get to start again my oratio. « I need to head back to work. »

 

Taeyang nodded, eyes on her drink. I raised her head. « Hey, dad has some urgent work to do but I'm really happy to have seen you dance. You made my day Tae. »

 

She lightened up. « Really ? »

 

« 100% true. » She chuckled and I rearranged a strand that escaped the braid I did this morning. I may hate the song Gee by SNSD but by extention, I end up loving everything my daughter does.

  « Want me to babysit her ? » Sujin asked to me.

 

« Huh I was going to call Hyejeong. » I explained.

 

She lightly slapped my shoulder. « Come on. She's already here. Playing with Moonah. Let her stay. »

 

« I'm going to be quite late. » I said softly, trying to make her give up this idea.

 

« She could sleep here. Come on, a sleepover, she never spend the night here ! » Sujin counterattacked.

 

I ended up looking at my daughter whispering « Say yes. » and did as told. "Okay, thanks you." 

 

All of them yelled in joy and I smiled. « I'll bring some of her stuffs here. » Sujin rolled my eyes. « I have everything necessary for little girls here, including a princess toothbrush. Don't worry about anything. »

 

I gave up on trying to ease her work and decided myself to leave. I kissed Taeyang forehead. « I'll call you when it'd be sleep time, okay be nice ! »

 

She nodded eagerly and hugged me. « Work well dad. » She whispered in my ear.

 

« Yes Boss. » I answered in a stiff manner.

 

She pouted. « If I was your boss, you'll get vacation everyday !!!!! »

 

I laughed. « Meanie, you would fire me like this !! »

 

She realized what she just said and sighed unamused. «You know what I meant. »

 

« Yeah just teasing you. » She hugged me and soon Moonah came closer to me. « Cookies. For when you're hungry. »

 

I took then with a smile and looked at her smile to me. She took the hands of Tae, leading her in her room. I went to the door and looked at Sujin eyes on me. «Fighting. »

 

I looked at the door of her room almost closed and grabbed her by the waist. She kissed me passionally and I just dive right in her distraction. As I pulled away, I looked at the door that didn't move and pecked her lips. « Thanks for cheering me up. »

 

She winked at me. « Whenever you're up to. »

 

I had tons of things to do arrived at work and ended up getting busy until 9 then I suddenly realized that my daughter was waiting for my call. I had a brief call with her and went back to work. I worked until my eyes would close on their own. Which was around 4 in the morning. I slept until 6 and then drove back to Sujin house. I had to drive Taeyang to school. As I knocked, I waited a bit until Sujin opened the door. She was in her pyjamas and I blushed looking at her yawn. « Whoah you're early. »

 

« I want to get Taeyang to school. » I explained.

 

She shook her head. « It's 6 thirty. You're going to stop stressing like this. Soyeon, my babysitter  will bring them to school. That's all. »

 

« But I always drive her to school. » I said, not liking the idea of not doing it.

 

« Once won't change the world. Well, I usually wake up at 8 so ... »  She dragged me in her room and lied me down before doing the same. « Grab some sleep. »

 

The woman next to me closed her eyes and slept almost instantly I wrapped my hands around her waist and smelled her usual bergamote scent. I slept too. I didn't had hopes to do so but when her ringtone was heard around 8, I opened my eyes in surprise. She woke up slowly, and turned to me. « Now it's time to prep the kids. »

 

I kissed her a goodmorning and we went in the room of the girls, tighly hugging each others. I shook my daughter body and held her against my chest. She suddenly realized what happened. « Dad you're back. »

 

« Yeah time for school. »

She woke up easily and ran to the bathrub. Moonah followed her and Sujin moved to the kitchen, she prepared apples and chocolates cakes in a box for breakfast, and lunches for both of them in a hurry. As I looked at her do that still sleepy, I did as told and sipped my coffee. Suddenly she raise her hand  and entered the bathroom. « Girls hurry, Soyeon is there soon. Get in your uniform, yes that's it and then, yeah good breakfast. »

 

As Taeyang came back to me she handed me the pins I used yesterday and sat on my lap. Sujin was taking care of Moonah in the bathroom, the rebelous didn't want to brush teeths. As I finished to bread her hair, she finished her apple. « Ready to go. »

 

She kissed my cheek and soon a little girl in uniform came out, hair still wet from the bath. Sujin was drying her hair with a towel before brushing it lightly with her fingers. « Okay cool you're ready eat your apple. »

 

As she ate her apple, Sujin closed the bags of both of them and rushing them to the door when Soyeon waited for them. As they left, we waved to them. Sujin entered back the flat and sighed. « Okay now time to relax. »

 

She sat with her tea and her kimchi fried rice. She soon realized something. « Not eating anything ? »

 

« I just drink coffee on mornings. »

 

I could have say I killed all my family that she wouldn't have done this expression. «This is a big nono , it's the most important meal of the day, it gives you energy for the rest of it !!! »

 

I took one cookie and ate it. « Happy ? »

 

« Hmm. Just it's unhealthy. » She shook her head in disbelief and ended up looking at me. « So you're going back to work ? »

 

« In the afternoon for a trial. I got the morning to rest, I have to take a shower and rest a little... »

 

« Ha you should head home then. » She said, turning on her board to start drawing.

 

I blushed hard yet grabbed her hand. « Would you come with me ? »

 

She understood all the hidden meanings under my sentences and agreed with a smile and turned off her board. « Okay I can ditch work this morning I guess. »

 

She followed me in the house and I went to take my shower alone as she made herself comfortable in my room. I looked at her pyjamas pants dropped on the floor, following by the vest. I looked at her. She was wearing a tank top with boxers, reading my bedstand book. « You're he- »

 

She stopped her track as she saw me. I was wearing a towel around the waist, not bothering to put on clothes. She blushed hard and readjusted her glasses. « You could have warn me. »

 

I laughed and sat on the bed next to her. « I'm going to get anyways. »

 

She blushed a bit and straddled my lap, looking at my body with flushed cheeks. I smiled, loving how bothered she was. She raised her hand to brush my shoulder, spreading the few water drops still there before kissing it softly. «You have the prettiest honey skin I've seen. »

 

I started to blush. «Good I'm not wearing a suit. »

 

She narrowed her eyes and brushed my shoulders. « Don't say that. You look amazingly perfect in suit, really … y. »

 

My hand brushed her cheek and I removed her glasses, feelin like doing justice to those lips, enough to compensate her bad view. She blinked a bit as I dropped her glasses on my bedstand and we stared at each others with intensity or so I thought.

 

« I hope you're enjoying it because I just see blurry colors now. » She revealed making me burst in laughters.

 

«You can close your eyes from now. » I sweetly told her.

 



Chapter of the day, enjoy !!