July 2014 : The Beach House

Life Is A Puzzle

 

Kim Sujin

Taeyang called me in the other bathroom and I looked at her short hair. « I didn't cut it right, you can make it even ? »

I sighed and sat behind her. « Hold your head straight. Don't look down. »

She scoffed. « What is it an empoweriment lesson ? »

I took the scissors and pinched her cheek in a loving way. « You need to stand straigh for me to be able to cut your hair. »

She blushed at the realization and I cut her hair in silence, it was just obvious that with her length of her hair, the only way available was my iconic bob hair. I used to cut Moonah hair when she was a little girl and doing this again reminded me of those days, when I was just a unexperienced, poor mother failing to cut my daughter hair properly but having no money to go and pay for an haircut.

I became more experienced with this exercice and smiled as I saw how Taeyang hair framed her face in a lovely way. As I finished, I ran my fingers in her hair to give it some volume. «Like this, I just look like you. » She said, sporting a huge grin.

I sighed looking at her reflection. « You think you need to look like my perfect replica to be my daughter ? Taeyang ... » She blushed and I explained myself quietly. « You are my daughter, despite not being the one who gave birth to you. But believe me, I am so thanksful someone gave birth to you Taeyang. I know you love me and that's enough for me. If you go and seek for your biological mom to have anwers, that's fine with me, I really wish you would do it. »

« You're serious ? »  She asked, really surprised.

I nodded, reassuring.  « Of course I am. »

The door opened in a brutal way and the sleepy Moonah gasped at this view, sad to be left out. « Ya !! You traitors, Mom give me the same haircut, come on. »

Taeyang  laughed and pulled on the long hair of her sister that was now pushing her from the chair. « I thought you loved your long hair. You're really jealous. »

« I want to be in that gang too. » Moonah simply explained. I did the same haircut on her and we finally got downstairs to eat, YongGuk looked at his daughters with wild eyes. « Girls, really ? »

It's been a while Moonah hadn't had my haircut and it was a first for Taeyang. He came to touch their hair and smiled. « Is it a girl thing I can't be a part of ? »

Moonah laughed and twisted a strand of her hair. « If you really want to be in our gang, you can always let your hair grow. »

He nodded, satisfied. « Hey my little family, should we order chicken and pizza and watch Hello Counsellor ? »

*

The following day, Taeyang and Moonah prepared themselves to go to classes and as they opened the gate to leave the house, numerous reporters came to meet them, asking them question.

« Taeyang do you have something to say to your mom ? »

« Do you have contact with Hana ? »

 

« Does your stepmom really forced you to call her Mom ? »

It took them a moment but  they  closed the gate and ran back inside the house.I sighed. «I guess you can stay home today, girls. »

Moonah mumbled something about her physics exam that she was going to miss and sighed dramatically. Taeyang touched her ownhair, lost in her thoughts. I came to embrace them. YongGuk woke up and looked at us. « You're going to be late for school, kiddo, want me to drop you ? »

Moonah lead him to the door window and he gasped. « Gosh they are really incredible. »

He was now in a black anger. He TV and news were on Hana obviously, somehow the nation really loved the incident and was passionated about the drama our family apparently was.

I looked at the absurdity the hostress was saying, feeling more and more anxious by seconds. YongGuk turned off the TV. « What bull they are saying ... » He cursed under his breath. He just woke up and got already things to be taken care of.

*

Bang YongGuk, two days  later

« No. Bang YongGuk I'm saying no, you can't understand that ?!! »Sujin whispered, exaspered. 

The rumors took time to vanish. Sujin was the one who was impacted the most, I don't know how Hana family and lawyers did that, they presented Sujin as an extravageant woman, that married me for money and mistreat Taeyang. I was the one getting angry at those titles more than Sujin. The school she was teaching in fired her, the parents sending reclamations. I had to  personnally drop Taeyang and Moonah to school,   reporters following them everywhere, even trying to get inside the schools. The one not adjusting well to this situation was Sujin.

 

I groaned. « They fired you when they ing didn't have the right to, you have to stand up against this, it's your job. »

Sujin looked at me, tears b her eyes. « No, we're not suing everyone, first Hana then the reporters now the school ? »

« I'll sue everyone that hurt my family. I can make you that promise. For godamn sake, I'm your husband and what they did to you itsn't fair at all !! »

We looked at each other, anger in our body. I wanted to shake her and made her react somehow. That's the moment WooJun chose to come to my side. « Dad come and play with WooJun, we're going to play the airplane. »

He hugged my leg and Sujin turned her back to us.

I sighed, as always I was too insisting and I highly needed to calm myself. « Yeah son, let's go and play ! »

WooJun loved to play with his games with me or his mom, today he was prone to use the airplane and the numerous car he had. Spending time with our son  was enought to make me less angry. 

Sujin didn't came to speak quietly like I thought she would do and I sighed. For once I had to lose to her. It upsetted me so much, the school fired her just like this, when Sujin invested herself 200% in her job, and loved her students so much. It just kills me how she doesn't deserve all of what is happening to her. I hated Hana once more for the mess she created willingly. It was so unfair.

I walked to her drawing room and noticed the closed door. « Sujin, let's talk, I'm sorry. I'm ready to talk seriously. »

She didn't answer. I sighed. I bet she was really sad and crying in a corner instead of drawing. « Sujin, please I'm going to enter. »

The first thing I saw when I entered was the pot of paint on the floor, staining the floor with peppermint paint. Then, I saw Sujin on the floor, unconsious. What happened to her ? « Sujin wake up ! »  I shook her body and she slowly gained back her consciousness. She looked so pale. I stood up, holding her in my arms. « Hospital, now. »

Sujin weakly protested but I didn't care. I buckled her seat belt, my son one and headed to the hospital. We waited two hours before a single doctor came to see us. Sujin touched my arm gently.  « Gosh, YongGuk let's just leave I feel better, really we're losing our time and WooJun is whiney. »

I stiffened and removed her hand from my arm. «We'll leave after you saw a doctor. You don't even remember about fainting ; what if you hurt your head ? »

A doctor came and asked questions to my wife, they took her for some tests and Sujin smiled to me. «It's going to take some time, go to the playground for WooJun it's boring for him. »

I looked at her pleading eyes. WooJun was holding her hand, tears b his eyes. I took his hand and headed outside, WooJun followed me diligent, until he stopped to walk, to look at her go in the opposite direction, with the intern. 

« Mom is sick ? »

I sighed. « Doctors are taking care of her, don't worry babyboy. Let's go on the playground. » Woojun didn't answer to me and just sighed. He is just like his mother, gets silent when he gets anxious or angry. We walked to the playground in silence and arrived there, Woojun didn't bulge. «Go and play. » I convinced him.

He shook his head, crossing his arms. «But Mom is sick. »

« She wanted you to play a bit. »

After I insisted I finally convinced him to use the swing with me. He was sat on my lap while I was softly swinging our body. Gosh, why did Sujin had to be unconscious just after we fought like this. We never fought that intensely.  I had excuses to give. The playground of the hospital failed at his job to bring some colors and happiness to the parents and children of the hospital. It had a particular atmosphere, almost as if it was full of worries. Sujin gave me a short message, telling me about her wanting me to be here when they gave us the results. Woojun and I  entered the hospital almost running. We took the stairs, ditching the crowded elevators. When I found back Sujin bed, Woojun was in my arms and I was almost breathless. The doctor smiled to me and gave us reassuring informations about her vitals, before grinning really satisfied  « I'm really happy to announce that you're pregnant ! Your sudden low tension caused your unconsciousness. Congratulations ! »

I widened my eyes. Sujin was equally shocked. Sujin pregnant again ? These days, we weren't that prone to do that, between the lawsuit with Hana and for the school that fired her. I suddenly remembered of that night. Sujin went to bed without taking her pills and we had that night after hana kept me in that court room for hours. It felt so sudden to me. The doctor shook our hands before leaving.

Sujin blinked a bit, trying to digest the information. She had no time to do that when WooJun jumped on her bed to hug her. « Mom isn't sick because the doctor said congratulations, right Mom ? »

She forced herself to smile. «Yeah it means I can go home. Let's go !! »

I followed her, unsure on how she took the news. WooJun fell asleep during the drive and Sujin eyes crossed my eyes in the rear view.Sujin whispered to me « Pregnant ? Pregnant ? YongGuk how can we deal with another baby now ? I'm so busy with Woojun and the girls. The trials. The reporters are going to make it into a stupid story once again. »

I groaned. Sujin looked like she needed time far from the whole world, she was  exhausted. 

« You need time right ? The girls can't go to school yet so how about taking a few days at the villa. At this time of the year, no one is around and the reporters won't know of this address. I think you'll need that. »

She wiped her tears. « Do you think we can go tonight ? »

« Of course. »

*

Kim Sujin

We came back home and I tried to stay put when I saw a reporter trying to take photos of our house. YongGuk opened the gate, let me enter the garden and closed back the gate behind him. 

The girls were on the couch and looked at us with worried eyes. « Where were you ? We thought something happened ! We don't have food anymore. » YongMi was the one who personnally picked them from school, wanting to protect our family and support her brother busy with the trial.

YongGuk sighed. « Pack a few things we're going for the villa for a few days. Your mom needs to rest. And reporters are all over the village. »

In less than half an hour we were on the road to the villa. YongGuk drove quickly. All of us were pretty tired. I was lost in my thoughts when he gently took my hand to kiss my palm.

I gave him a tired smile and he kept kissing my hand. Usually girls teased us when he was so affectionate. They didn't today, probably feeling how sad I was. They read the articles. Saw the news. All my life was exposed to the medias, alterated to please Kim Hana victimization. We parked in front of the villa and entered. We boiled some noodles to eat for tonight and the girls decided to go and sleep right away. YongGuk took time to set things in the house. YongGuk forced me to rest at some point and I sat next to the pool looking at the beach. YongGuk sighed. « No one followed us. It's been half an hour you stare at the beach, let's have a walk outside.»

He took my hand and we walked on the beach. I felt good here. I loved the sound of the waves crashing on the sand. The sensation of the sand on my toes. I sat down and stared at this interactive painting for a long moment.

YongGuk didn't dare to say a single word. We just peacefully looked at the waves. He had me in his embrace and suddenly cleared his throat. « I'm sorry all of this is happening to you. Listen it's my fault. I just know how much that teacher work means to you. You loved to teach to your students and it just kills me you don't want to fight for what you worked so hard to get. And now that pregnancy ...»

I shrugged. «I'm exhausted YongGuk.»

My husband  kissed my neck. «Yeah it's unfair to you. My little angel.All that stress during pregnancy it's no good.»

« That baby doesn't deserve all of this for sure. »

YongGuk suddenly stood up and gave a lep punch in the sand. « I hate all of that. You being defeated. I can't do anything for you. That's what makes me so angry. I can't protect my family as I want to. I'm a ing lawyer and I can't do anything. »

I stood up and came to hug him. That didn't calm him.

« I was nice enough you know. I never wanted to reveal she had a girlfriend and was cheating on me. But I guess now it's civil war huh ? She started it, right ? » He vocifered.

I shook my head. «YongGuk don't do that. You'll hurt Taeyang. They'll get tired of hating on me.»

He nodded. «  I need to clarify things  so I'll go and meet with a reporter okay. »

He surrounded my face with his large hands, eyes begging me to accept. «You're my husband and I trust you. But you can't say a single word about my pregnancy. Okay ? »

YongGuk lifted me in his arms. « I promise, it will be our little secret. Also hm ... I mean ... I didn't have time to express my joy to you. You're still bearing my child thanks you for that and congratulations? I'll do everything to protect him and love him don't worry»

I finally smiled sincerely. "You're welcome. I'm sure once those problems will be over, I'll be able to show you how happy I am for that little pea. Congrats to you, fourth child after all !!!"

He kissed my lips. I looked at him, thanksful. « You love him already ? »

 « Oh Sujin, it's so scary how much I already love this baby. Became my top 1 priority over night.» Yongguk revealed. It was  reassuring to hear those words. YongGuk hugged me and let me sobb in his arms. « After today, I don't want you to cry anymore. Okay ? We'll give the best pregnancy to that little pea. »

*

 Bang YongGuk

« Mom went to the beach with Woojun. » The girls were in front of TV and Moonah pointed to the door. I had just woke up and by habits Woojun was still the first family member I wanted to see on the morning. And the fact that Sujin woke up before me was also unusual. But yesterday when she went to sleep, I called a reporter to give an interview so it'd be relealed the next day. She asked a lot of questions and I went to bed very late because of that. I really did my best to clarify the situation and protect my family, especially since Sujin is bearing a child.

I walked to the beach and tried to spot her. I didn't. I walked ten minutes before spotting her, on the sand letting WooJun play with the waves. I sighed out of relief.

« YongGuk you finally woke up !! »

I hugged WooJun that was jumping around and came to her side. « You're okay ? You still feel sad, stressed, anxious ? Sujin if anything is wrong we can go and see someone that's fine it was a traumatic moment. »

Sujin looked at me confused. « I'm fine. Just wanted to walk with Woojun, he woke up excited to go and see the beach.»

It wasn't summer anymore yet it was still pretty hot. WooJun ran to the waves and we had to make sure he didn't jump in water. Sujin looked fine as we played with our son.   As usual, WooJun was soaking me with water having no mercy for his dad. The only way to protect myself was to hide myself behind Sujin.

«See ? I'm okay, big anxious husband. …I decided to try and write graphic novel. It's been a while I wanted to try and now I have time. It's always been my dream you know ? »

I kissed her cheek. «So you'll have original material when the baby will be born ? »

« In fact I started some graphic novel when Moonah was a toddler  but I might want to rework on it. Seriously. »

« We never talked about how you felt about that. » Sujin said looking at my eyepad fell, making visible my scar.

«I'm fine. Well, I think so. I mean, I'll have a scar. » I said, brushing the scar with my hands.

Sujin scoffed. «YongGuk, you made fun of me right ? Told me Kang Joon deserved to burn in hell. Hana hurted you. More than once right ? Just because she was a woman, thin and small you let her hit you. »

I gasped. «How did you ? »

«You have littles scars here and there. And you already told me about her bad temper. You're too nice to defend yourself right ? »

I had a loud sigh. «I'm not proud of this okay ? »

Sujin hugged me tighly.   « Don't let anyone hurt you on the name of love. »

Suddenly, laughs left my body. "You're really Moonah mother, she pays as much attention to details and is able to make links like that too"



Hard chapter to edit, I'm a bit down these days, I was refused in the class I wanted to take next year and have to go to France the country, far from my family and my island to keep studying. It should be exciting but I'm still trying to digest that I wasn't taken for the second year of my master degree despite having decent grades. Gosh editing made my mood lighter tho =)

I hope you like the poster Stonee did it thanks to her again !!