Hug

Life Is A Puzzle

Bang YongGuk

He had a white shirt, from coton fabric making him look very dandy with the deep V cut. His skin was tanned, making him look y and manly. His vest was classy but he looked like a total playboy. I looked at him sigh and smile to Sujin.

 

« I guess we are in a quiproquo. I told her to stay close to me. »

 

Sujin sighed immensely. « Oh gosh, thanks for telling me. My daughter is really a rebel, only 6 years old and already defying authority like that !!! My education is really lacking. I guess it's entirely my fault. » She gave a fake smile to him.

 

He seemed unpleased of her attitude and frowned. « Sujin I know you're angry at me but - »

 

« It's in-" Sujin interrompted herself, unhappy with her shouting tone. She took a deep breath and talked with a quiet voice.  "It's 5 in the morning You must be tired after protesting that much. I know how exhausting it is. I hope you decluttered the place before leaving. It wouldn't be nice. »

 

« Listen I'm sorry Sujin. Don't act like that. »

 

Sujin stayed silent. « Oh sorry . Bad habits of mine. Really what did you do for me to be upset ? Like nothing. »

 

The guy looked at her and bite his lips. «Okay I hate this. Calm yourself and let's talk.»

 

Her eyes lingered on him longly, she looked tired and took a step back with determination.  This was probably the worst time to try to talk to her, she was exhausted and her emotions were still raw. «No. I'm exhausted. Hop on this car or I call the police. »

 

« For what ? » He retorted, arrogant.

 

« Property violation and not taking care of your child as a parent. Both are punished by 2 years of jail with a fine. So it can be a nice idea to go right now. Property violation, harassement  or mistreating kids never do wonders on a CV. » I blurted out like this, without really wanting it, both of them looked at me with puzzled eyes.

The guy finally closed back his mouth. He was afraid now. Without any last words, he went to hop on his car. As he drove away, aSujin looked at me and laughed. « Gosh you are scary whenever you want to. »

 

« So he's your ex ? »

 

Her slight blush confirmed my idea and she nodded slightly. « Sorry that you had to assist to that. »

 

« It's okay. Just take a good rest. Are you okay ? »

 

She stopped her growing smile. « Did you hear him ask a question about his daughter ? No. He never cared. He only wants to make good impression for his ego and because his parents pressure him to.»

 

Now she showed her real emotions. I was surprised she didn't cry a bit. When her daughter was missing, she didn't cry. When her daugher jumped in her arms and bursted in tears, she still didn't cry. 

Even now, she was tearless. Just sadness all over her face. I hugged her and she flinched at my touch, we stayed in this embrace for a while. I ran my hands in her hair and she received my hug fairly well. After a minute or so, she composed herself and took a step back.

 

« I still have to check on her. And you have to sleep. You should go. » She mumbled, pink not leaving her cheeks.

 

As she pushed me  to my car, I smiled and though it was the moment. Now. If she had to know something it's now.  As I stopped to walk, she stumbled on my back. I turned myself to make sure she was okay and took a deep breath. « Maybe it's not the moment."

"Huh ?" She let out before blinking her eyes. "For what ?"

"Hmm I just want you to know that you don't leave me indifferent. You're attractive and charming ...and I would like to have a date with you. »

 

She looked at me with round eyes before staring at the little rock next to my shoes. She was shy and instead of feeling very awkward, I felt touched by this behavior. How long it have been since I received attention from a woman ? Since I've made a woman blush like this ? Am I doing things properly ? I forget how good  it felt.  I smiled as she nodded slowly, as if she only realized now what I was talking about.

 

« You don't have to answer now. I just felt like telling you. I'm not unsensible to your charms Sujin. »

 

She nodded like a child and now I realized it was really time for me to leave. « Have a good rest. »

 

*

Kim Sujin the next day, on her bed

I woke up at the middle of the day my daughter curled up against me and I smiled instantly. She was there with me. I was holding her hand as I was sleeping and I dragged her little hand to my lips to kiss it. Sometimes I think back of her first days and looked at the healthy little girl in front of me. No one would have suspected her to be ill when she was born. I kissed her cheeks and she woke up. « Mom hello. »

 

Realizing how long it have been since we took a bath, I moved us to the bathroom and we took a bath together. I took this occasion to shampoo her hair and clean her ears. As she started to shampoo my hair with her little hands I felt happy. I never want yesterday to happen again. As we were both clean and dry, we putted on our matching pajamas and it was now time to cook. I thought she would have leave me alone yet she stayed with me and helped me to cook. We ended up spending the whole day together. It was like when she was a toddler again, if I was out of view, she would search for me and grabb my hand.

As the night started, my door was knocked and I prayed walking to it that it wasn't her dad, because I had killing pulsions about him. I looked at the honey skin man in front of me and smiled. « YongGuk ? »

"Hi, am I disturbing you ?"

 

I shook my head and  I kneeled to greet  the little girl and she looked at me with worried eyes. « Is Moonah fine ? »

 

« Yeah, don't worry. »

 

I let them enter the flat and looked with giggles Moonah hug Taeyang. YongGuk suddenly talked to me. « I briefly explained to her what happened so she got a little bit worried and asked me to bring her there. Can I drop her here ? I have some work to finish and ...  »

I looked at him, his amand eyes, his cheeky smile growing as I was staring at him. I went to my kitchen and tried to say in a very relaxed manner. «Come back around dinner time, so we can eat together. »

 

He seemed hesitant and her little daughter joined her hands, almost begging. « Yeah I'll do that. »

 

*

Bang YongGuk, in his home office

I had a trial the next day and was studying the case, revising again and again my speech for tomorrow and sighing I widened my eyes realizing the hour.  I promptly  left my flat, being surely late for dinner.  As I knocked the door, Sujin came to open the door slowly and opened widely. I entered and looked at her point me the chair, she realized the mess of papers and her board being there and took time to put that away so we could eat on the table.

 

«  Did you work well ?» She asked me gently.

 

 I gave her a little smile. « Oh I'm used to it. It's okay. »

 

We ended up eating together in the kitchen the four of us around the table. We listened with attention our girls talk to each others and as it was over and they disappeared in Moonah room I stood up.

 

« I'll wash the dishes. » I looked at her shake her head with vigor and I chuckled. « I eat there often. Let me wash your dishes. »

 

I might have been insistant because she stared at me for a while before re adjusting her glasses on her nose and standing up. « I'll help you. I wash dishes only once a day. So there's a lot of things. It wouldn't be proper. »

 

I sighed and agreed to her sentence. I was rincing it while she was cleaning it. As I was half focused on my task, I looked at her and words left my mouth before I had time to think about it. « Did you have time to think about it ? »

 

Her hands stopped to move and her eyes stayed on the glass she was holding. « Hmm, well I was quite busy and ... »

 

« Sorry I told you you had time and here am I. » I said, stress growing in me. I was always pressuring girls, what am I even doing here ? Searching for answer the next day of my pseudo confession ? I sighed out of embarassement and started to focus back on my task.

 

We were almost finished with the dishes when she spoke out. « But I think it'll be nice. You're a nice person and I'll be happy to have a date with you. »

 

This time I was the one who stopped to rince the plate I was holding and looked at her carefully clean the glasses with a smile. « Okay that's nice. »

 

« Why do you look so surprised I agreed ? » She said, finaly locking eyes with me.  I had a faint smile. « Hmm I might  lack self confidence. »

 

She laughed. « You shouldn't. You're really handsome and charming and wasn't it obvious that I -" She suddenly interrupted herself and her cheeks became tomato red. Sujin gulped hard and soon started back to talk with a faint voice.    "Shortly that something was happening between us.»

 

« Thanks Sujin. » We kept doing our task in silence, our heart bursting to something new, something exciting growing between us. As we decided to sit on the couch with a peppermint infusion, I couldn't resist. « So when are you free for dinner? »

 

She shrugged. « I mean I have to see with my babysitter and schedule. » She opened her planner and I looked amazed at the beautiful handnwriting, the beautiful set up of her planner. « What about friday night ? »

I was going to agree then rememberied about work.« Friday night. I have a trial in the late afternoon, not possible; what about next thursday ?»

She nodded. "Call."

 

*

Kim Sujin, thursday 21st of september, day of the date

The bell ringed and I walked angry to the door and slammed it opened « If you think you still can fix what you did, you're ing wrong. »

 

I looked at YongGuk and we both stayed froze. I had a nervous laugh. « Oh I thought it was Moonah dad. Sorry.»

 

He came to throw a tantrum here, making Moonah afraid and cry. It was his last day here, before going back to his work based in Australia and he was supposed to say goodbye to his daughter but she didn't want to meet him, scared of him now.

I had so much trouble calming her . I ended up having a huge argument with Kang Joon, arrogant he didn't want to give excuses. I told him that in those conditions, I couldn't let him see Moonah. That he had to prove to me that he matured before I trust him to have a single meal with my daughter.  I got insulted because apparently I badmouthed about him with Moonah. Gosh, this guy will drive me crazy one day. I always tried to make things work out between the two of them and I'm the one who did wrong here ? Me ?  He's just very talented at screwing up. To end things right, his mom called me to finish the work, insulting me and saying that I'm mistreating his son, keeping him to see his daughter.

To keep it short, it was a bad day.

 

He nodded, still shocked by my anger. « Okay, don't worry .... Hmm everything is okay ? »

 

I looked down and shook my head, a huge lump in my throat. He took my hand and squeezed it lightly. «You're sick ? You can stay here for the night, we'll go out another time. »

 

I shook my head and sighed. I might look horrible if he thinks I'm sick...

«We fought. With Kang Joon. And Moonah got terrified. Everything is far from being okay. I'm sorry, I'm not in the mood to go out tonight. Moonah is really emotionally drained and I would like to stay here. »

 

YongGuk nodded with a half smile. « Okay ... Can I do something for you ? Hmm like a  last minute take out ? Ice cream ? DVD ? »

 

I chuckled at his failed attempt to help me. «Don't worry. We just need rest. »

 

He seemed bothered by my answer and soon cleared his throat. «Not even a hug ? »

 

I looked at his pink cheeks and laughed. Gosh, that was a cute move. I got closer to him and he opened his arms. I buried my head against his chest and his left hand cupped my waist. With his right hand, he patted my back in a soft, relaxing manner. I could smell his fresh green tea cologne and smiled. I loved this smell. I was sporting bergamote as perfume and the scent was similar. Citrus fruit. 

I had my arms along my body, feeling pretty green to what to do. As I looked stiff, he ended the hug, by a step behind, his hands holding my shoulders.

 

« Fighting ! » He whispered nicely.

 

« Thanks. » I said softly. I felt better just looking at him, his hug helped me a lot. I ended up  hugging him suddenly. I felt enormously better there and finally locked my arms around his waist. He looked surprised and chuckled to hide his surprise.

 

« Just a minute. » I whispered, closing my eyes. Stress was leaving my body  and I relaxed myself. I breathed longly a last time and suddenly a voice was heard. « Mom ? »

 

I turned myself right away and looked at my disorientated little girl rubbing her eyes. «Moonah everything is okay ? »

 

«I did a nightmare. Why YongGuk uncle is here ? » She said, her sleepy voice adding to her cuteness.

 

He kneeled in front of her. « I heard that you were sad today and just wanted to check on both of us. Here you go. »

 

I looked at him fumble in his pockets and his hands found something. « This is for you. Lemon candy. » He said with a happy voice. Moonah reached for it and raised her eyes to search approuval in mine. I nodded with a smile and looked at her thank him with her little voice.

 

She tried to open the plastic wrap and failed. YongGuk took it from her and tear it open for her, he handed her the candy and she thanked him once again. As she put it in , she looked like a squirrel and I hide a chuckle.

 

« Tasty ? » The man asked to her.

 

She nodded to YongGuk and he smiled. She absently came to hug my leg. I smoothed her messy bed hair and pinched her squirrel cheeks. I lifted her in my arms and kissed her squirrel cheek. She ended up resting her head on my chest and her hands strongly grabbed my sweater, she still wasn't okay.

I gave my attention back to YongGuk when he cleared his throat. « I'll take my leave. Goodbye Sujin, Goodbye Moonah !!! »

I closed the door and sighed. A huge grin got on my face and I giggled. Moonah looked at me with curious eyes. She had just woke up of a nap and now it was time to make her forget about what happened.

« Okay, what about ice cream in front of TV ? » I whispered in her ear before kissing it. She smiled to me and I was relieved. Everything is fine. I don't mind the entire world teaming up against me if I can protect my daughter.



A total of three hugs here between Sujin and YongGuk. I'm quite proud of myself, Yeah. Those parents are getting a love story I'm telling you !

And sorry for the lack  of update, I'll try for sure to update once again today so you get two chapters

Good day to you !!