Honeymoon

Life Is A Puzzle

Bang YongGuk, 2 weeks before the wedding celebration

The time arrived quicker than we thought. I looked at the girls trying on their bridemaids dresses. They felt excited and jumping all around. Sujin chose a lavender theme because the wedding planner pressured her to chose one. Anyways, the girls looked satisfied with their pale lavender dress. Sujin and I were checking if the dresses fitted well. « You like it ? »

 

« Yeah !! So much !!! » Taeyang said, glitter in her eyes. « We're like princesses. »  Moonah swirled around to demonstrate.

 

Sujin laughed shortly. « Yeah, yeah,you'll get it all dirty during the wedding party »

Taeyang gasped and groaned. She knew it was true anyways.

Our wedding planner planified this last fitting day a week ago but we were so busy that it's only today we found time to come. « Now it's your turn mom. » Moonah yelled, getting her mom in the trying room.

I waited for her to try it on and was playing around with the girls. They were happy for us, obviously. This whole party made them really excited. I was hiding myself in a cabin playing hide and seek when I heard some laughs. « Okay so if nobody wants to see I'm changing back in my joggings. »

 

I sprinted to the door of her cabin and looked at her with loving eyes. She finally decided to had the eye operation to stop wearing glasses and we had to postpone this meeting because she didn't see anything for a while. Now she felt better and her view was good too. It felt weird for us to see her without her glasses tho.

 

She looked simple and elegant. She refused all at once the big fluffly princess dresses, and her eyes fell on a silky fluid dress. Marvellous. Her hair was resting at her chest level, getting longer and giving her a princess aura. I kissed her cheek. «You're a beautiful woman, my soon-to-be wife. »

 

She nodded a little bit anxious. As she changed back in her joggings, we were back in the car for home. I noticed her uneasiness during the meal and everything. She was lying on bed and I sat next to her. I noticed the face mask she was sporting, she suddenly sat up and laughed out of the blue. « I realized only now. » She said, her laugh still making her body shake.

 

« That we're getting married ? » I asked, reapplying the sheet mask correctly on her face.

 

She nodded. «Yeah. It's crazy only two weeks before our wedding I realize what it really means »

 

« What does it mean ? »

 

«The start of a future together.» She said, before pecking gently my lips.

*

Kim Sujin, day of the wedding ceremony

I looked at the people around us at the party and I finally got time to sit. I was exhausted. This day was a haze for me, I couldn't remember yet of everything due to anxiety. I was sitting on a chair for more than two minutes, a rare occasion today, praying that none of my family, or family-in-law would come to talk with me. I drank a glass of water and my father in law came to sit next to me. « You look tired. »

 

«My gorgeous wedding makeup can't lie anymore. » I stated. He chuckled and gave me a glass of fresh water. « I think it's going to end soon. »

 

« I hope so. »

« It was a tiring day, right ? » My father-in-law asked, gently. Our eyes were both on his son, that was conversing with his sister, spinning his nephew around.

 

« Yeah, but so worth it. » I looked at YongGuk hug Youngmin in his arms and smiled. My husband looked radiant, sporting his gummy smile all day. I I never felt more stressed up than when the moment to say « I do » came. YongGuk looked confident and sighed with a powerful grip. My sign on the city hall document is a trembling mess.

« We have to cut the cake together. » My husband took my hand and lead me to the cake. We cut the first part together and decided to share it. It was also time to sip on sparkling wine and I gulped down mine with pleasure. YongGuk drank it half heartedly and I smiled. «I've drunk enough for the year. » He whispered to me. I put it back  on the table and we went back to sit on our table.

« Let's go and eat cake, Moonah and Taeyang. »

 

« Mom. » Taeyang shouted while running to my side. The slice of cake slipped on my dress and people gasped at the blue stain on my dress. Taeyang looked terrified. Unless anyone, I laughed.

She blushed furiously « Mom I'm so sorry. I- »

 I shook my hand. «It's okay. I won't be wearing this dress twice normally. » I hugged her tightly to assure her everything was fine with me, staining her dress by the same occasion.

 

YongGuk shook his head lightly and ruffled her hair too. We ate the dessert in a peaceful atmosphere. I was exhausted yet found pleasure to eat the delicious blueberry cake. I finished my piece of cake with delight and  yawned. YongGuk touched my hand gently.« Should we go ? »

 

I nodded and we bid goodbye to everyone, and it ended up that the Bang family was so huge that the persons here were only the closest relatives. As only us and YongMi were left, I looked at my girls playings with their cousins. « Take good care of them. » I said.

 

She nodded. « Of course, and have a good time there. » She hugged me gently and whispered something in YongGuk ear making him roll his eyes with a slight blush. He hugged my waist gently. «So now it's the most difficult part of it. »

 

He looked at me with tired eyes. « Yeah. »

I sat next to the girls who were playing with balloons, dresses dirtied from the food, fingers still stained from the blueberry cake. I called my husband over. « YongGuk ? »

 

YongMi who was talking with her brother stopped him. « You have to call him something else. »

 

I blinked at this harsh reaction. YongMi came to my side, grumpy and completely drunk. « Listen Sujin you're nice and everything but now you have two options, either you call my brother Yobo or Hubby. »

 

I laughed, my cheeks taking some colors. « Sweet husband come here. » It's been months I called him 'my soon-to-be husband', and he called me 'soon-to-be wife'. Now we were wife and husband for real.

 

« Stop bothering your sister-in-law. » YongGuk said coming to the rescue. He kissed my neck gently and YongMi groaned. « Stop bothering my wife !! You have to call her your wife ; it's not damned complicated !! »

 

YongGuk chuckled seeing her so worked up, she came back to her hubby with heavy steps. « So you wanted to talk to me. »

 

I smircked. « Right I needed to see you. » I crashed a leftover piece of cake on his vest. He looked at me with wide eyes. « You just didn't do that to my Armani suit ? »

 

« You were the only one not dirtied, follow the trend. » I said with a smile, I pointed to our daughters and the various stains of their dresses. Maybe the blueberry cake wasn't the best option. He sighed and ended up removig the cake rest wiping his fingers on my face. I assaulted him too until he looked as bad as me and I laughed. « Gosh, look at what lawyer Bang is doing. »

 

Moonah looked at us and yelled« Cake fight ! »

 

The girls came to hug us and YongGuk and I teamed up to make them look as bad as us. The staff suddenly took a photo, making everyone stop.

 

« Oh that's a great one. Would you smile for the camera now ? » He took a second one and we did our best to look smiley. YongGuk asked to see the photos and chuckled. « This is my favourite photo of tonight. »

 

We looked happy, as dirtied by the cake, tired because of the late hour, but so happy. I kissed the cheek of Moonah and did the same for Taeyang. « Mom and Dad are going to Paris for honeymoon. You're going to spend a few days at Yongmi and then at Yongguk's parents and mine's.  We'll be back in a blink of eye. »

 

Moonah lost her smile, and took my dress in her fist.. « I don't want you to go.  Can Uncle stay at least ? »

 

He laughed. « I can't. But we'll be back in no time. Ten days is going to be real quick, you'll have so much fun while we're not here,I promise.  »

 

She nodded and hugged my leg. « You going to comeback huh ?  »

 

I sighed and hugged her. « Moonah, we're taking the plane tonight and when we arrived, we'll call, we'll call as soon as possible and send photos. We'll be connected all the time. »

 

She looked reassured. « And Grandmas are going to spoil you two ! » Taeyang nodded. « Yeah jimmdak ! »

 

I laughed seeing Moonah slowly nodd. « So be nice girls. » We hugged them endlessly. « Take care of each others, alright ? »

 

Taeyang nodded, and we smiled because we knew she will be taking care of Moonah a lot more than Moonah will take care of her.

 

We held hands and finally left, living our kids in good care. My brother-in-law didn't drink a sip, unlike YongMi, so I had faith in them. We got at our hotel room and I removed right away my heels and heavy bun in my hair. I looked at YongGuk remove his jacket, his shirt with a little stain of blueberry. I chuckled. « I think your laundry service will have our house in horror. »

« You don't say. » He said, taking my fingers and resting them on his chest. I slowly ed his shirt and made it fall on the floor.

 

He was now shirtless and looked at me with unreadable eyes. I gave him a questionning glare and he pushed back his hair in a daring manner. "May I ?" He said sensually. I nodded and he came behind me to zip down my dress. He started by making my hair rest on my left shoulder and caress my bare skin. Then, he slowly freed me from the dress. He looked at my lingerie, that I bought for the occasion  and turned me around. « You look very nice in there. »

 

I grinned. « So you won't removing it ? »

 

He laughed and came to circle my waist. « Give me some time of contemplation. »

 

*

Bang YongGuk, the day after his wedding, 14th of may 2010

I woke up before Sujin and stared at her features. She was peacefully asleep in my arms. Unless it was the weekend it was hard to negociate with Sujin so she stayed in bed with me in the morning instead of cooking breakfast. So it was nice to have her here all for me. My wife.

 

I kissed her cheek and looked at her slowly wake up. She opened her eyes and looked around disoriented. Suddenly she looked at me and widened her eyes. She took the sheets and opened the curtains. She froze looking at the view. « Busan Tower. »

 

« You look disappointed. In 12 hours we'll be staring at the Eiffel Tower. » I reassured her.

 

She turned herself to me and grinned. « Come on ! Let's eat breakfast and go to the airport. »

 

For our first night after our marriage, I chose an hotel close by the airport and quite comfortable. We ate breakfast in bed, showered together after that and soon, were on the road to the airport.

 

I hided a smile seeing Sujin eyes get wider entering the plane. This plane for France was a huge one, the one she took for Jeju was very small less than 50 seats. As we sat down and the plane took off, Sujin kept silent and I ended up taking her in my arms. She glued herself to me and I her back soothing.  «Everything is going to be fine. »

 

« Yes from the moment this plane will land in Paris, everything is going to be fine. » She whined. I held her hands during the take off and then, Sujin slowly relaxed. She was still resting her body on mine and it brought her some serenity. « Maybe you should draw a bit you'll feel better. »

 

As she shyly nodded, I took her drawing book and gave it to her with her pen. I was reading, eyeing her work from time to time. Soon, her pen fell on the floor. She got asleep. I looked at her almost finished drawing and had a small smile. A drawing of our daughters with their bridemaids dress, holding hands. She was already missing them. I know for a fact that Moonah and her never really been separated. Only one or two days. It was a big step to spend 10 days away from each other.

 

She slept for a major part of the flight, in my embrace, probably feeling secure. Everything must be so exhausting for her. Between the preps for the wedding, the party, our restless night together and now the plane. When the hostress came to get us breakfast, I slowly woke her up before the hostress does.  « Sujin, Sujin wake up. »

She opened her eyes and realized where she was. « I slept ? »

 

« Almost nine hours. » I whispered. She slowly yawned and came to hug me.« What about you then ? »

I shook my head. « Too excited to sleep. »

 

*

 

« I'm in Paris. With my husband. » She stated very neutral in her voice. We came right away to the Eiffel Tower, the taxi made a stop for us and we took some photos in front. The night was slowly falling on the city of love, making teh Eiffel Towel steal the spotlight, with all of her lightings.

« Gosh, I'm in Paris. For my honeymoon. With my husband. » Sujin said, her voice cracking. I followed her eyes, she was looking at the very top of the Tower with a dreamy smile. « I can't belive this is not a dream. » I wrap my arms around her waist and kissed her. « Let's have a picture for our kids, okay ? »

 

We asked the taximan to take a photo of us and hugged in front of the Eiffel Tower. Back in taxi, he tried to speak with us. « Honeymoon? »

 

I nodded and he clapped in his hands. « Congratulations. »

Sujin shoved the phone in my hands. « Look at those beauties !! Your mom is enjoying having them at home so much. She brought those dresses for them. »

 

I looked at the adorable photo. The were posing in the stairs of my mom house. « So cute. » We paid for the ride and we entered the hotel.

 

*

Kim Sujin,15th of May 2010

I woke up the first. YongGuk didn't sleep a bit in the plane and couldn't move either because I literally used his body as my pillow-plushie. I slowly left the bed and went in the bathroom to use the toilets. As I washed my hands, I got dazzled by the view. The night didn't bring justice to it. We were close to  Luxembourgh Park and able to see the park just next to it from our bathtub. I went to pick up my draw book and started to copy on my notebook the landscape. It was so beautiful. I felt frustrated not to have any colors with me yet was engrossed in my drawing.

 

Soon, I heard chuckles and turned around. YongGuk was in boxers, half-asleep and laughing. I suddenly  realized how funny looking I was. Drawing some landsccape from a bathtub. YongGuk came to my side and kissed me. « Good morning, my little wife. » He climbed in the bathtub and I hugged him.

« You're ready to visit the city of love ? »  He asked, with his raspy voice.

 

I raised my hands and stood up. « You take a quick shower with me and then we'll have breakfast in a café okay ? »

 

He laughed at such a plan and we quickly got ready to eat breakfast. As YongGuk was ready to style his hair, I came to hug him. « Thanks for that marvellous gift. You can't imagine how happy I feel. »

 

He shrugged. «It only started. »

 

I gave him a peck. « True our honeymoon only started. » YongGuk stopped his gesture and shook his head. « I was talking about our married life. I plan to make you this happy all the time Sujin. »

 

My smile reached my ears.

*

Paris with YongGuk felt like a movie. We walked in the streets of Montmartre and I got the chance to draw with a street artist, spent a whole day in Le Louvres and had a nice time on the Seine. It was wonderful. Just him and I. Being husband and wife. He had so much fun with me visiting Paris, even when it requirs to wake up at 5 to queue and visit the top of the Eiffel Tower. None of us talking french and him speaking english, we had difficulties ordering at restaurants and learned at our expense that the waiters weren't here to help us, just like the parisians. . We queued up for a lot of things, getting macarons, getting chocolate but not for public transportation.

 

It wasn't that different from Seoul. Everyone kind of wore the same basket, didn't leave their phone out of sight. They always walked so fast, like they were on the point to miss a train or important flight. I wasn't used to that way to life. In Busna our life was sweet and slow and here parisians lived a trepidant and rushed life.

What was different was the architecture and the pharmacies and boulangeries at every conrer of the street. We tasted everything, from croissant, pain au chocolat, chausson aux pommes, pain au raisins, torsade au chocolat promising us to gain some weight.

We visited the Mont Saint Michel with twinkle in our eyes. The place was wonderful. It was a glorious adventure to wander on the Mont-Saint-Michel, holding hands and ordering meals without knowing any french. We were now sat in the sand, the tide low making us able to walk a bit there. I drawed while YongGuk took photos of the place or looked around in solo. Once I even drew him in front of Pont Neuf. We would often do that, I even started to chit chat these days when drawing.

 

« This place brings me peace of mind. » I stated with a smile. YongGuk kissed my cheek. « Same here. We did good comin to France. It's so wonderful. Should we move here ? » He asked me. I gasped. «YongGuk are you crazy we speak nonely french I barely speak english. And our girls, really ? »

 

« We could all learn french together it'd be fun. » He said, diplomatic.

 

I shook my head. «No. I like Korea better. I miss eating rice and noddles and my mom kimchi. »

 

YongGuk nodded. « Sure, your mom kimchi is the best !! » He looked at me and suddenly laughed. « You went to highschool and university how come you at english. »

 

I looked at him midly annoyed and pinched his nose. «I wasn't a good student. Really. Since little, I got nagged for drawing on my notebooks. I was always daydreaming and doodling. It's an really old habit of mine to draw and I didn't follow a bit in class. Except for the last year in high school to get in Arts School later on. »

 

«Ohh I understand. You graduated university ? » He asked, amused.

 

« I had to drop off when I learned I would have a baby. »

 

YongGuk pouted. « That . »

 

I shrugged. « It's okay. I still do what I like everyday. My life wasn't a fairytale but it's wasn't all dark. I had so much memories raising up Moonah. »

 

« Gosh, we didn't send them a photo of us yet today. » W quickly took care of it. It was the highlight of our day to call our child and tel lthem about our day in Paris. We made them the promise to bring them year next time. They've been at their grandparents from YongGuk side for a few days and were now at my parents house to enjoy some easy going life.They've been on their grandpa boat everyday, having fishes and other seafood with delight.

We lended them my phone to be able to contact them at any moment. Videocalls and others things.

« When are you coming back ? » Taeyang asked, with a pout.

 

« In only two days. » I answered quickly. Moonah clapped in her hands. « I miss you Mom and you too Uncle. »

 

« I guess there is no hot chocolate at Grandma. » I stated.

 

She shook her head. « Just tea, pwoah. »

*

Bang YongGuk, last day in Paris

The last day we lazily stayed in bed until late in the morning. Our flight was late at night and we had all day to prepar and say goodbye to Paris. I woke up late and looked at Sujin at the window drawing the scenery. She looked so focused that I stared at her for long minutes. The way her hand move on the paper, her moves of eyes and the soft smile drawn on her face. Sujin wasn't very expressive. Yet I knew it felt magical for her to be here.

 

We had the niciest flight back to Korea. I felt that Sujin felt less anxious in the plane with me. I always worried for her well being during the flight. I loved our honeymoon but being away from my daughters for this long was a burden for me ; i couldn't be apart from her daughters anymore. Sujin either to be true. When I think about the gifts we bought for them and toys, I was excited to go back home. In french they have an expression for that : le mal du pays. It's when you miss your country your family and everything else, your everyday life. I missed them so much. This trip without them was nice a few days but the both of us promised to bring them next time we have a trip. We waited for our luggage with patience and as I finally got both of it, we rushed outside. Sujin was looking around and as I thought, finding our daughters in this crowd of adults was tenious. Soon, I spotted Taeyang and Moonah and they attacked me with a giant hug. Moonah sobbed in her mom arms for long minutes.

*

Kim Sujin

 

« Mom you're here. » I lifted her in my arms and spinned. « My big baby, how are you doing ? »

 

Taeyang climbed on YongGuk like a koala and YongGuk hugged her tightly too. Looking at Moonah he chuckled. «Don't cry Moonah, we're here now. »

 

She looked at him with curious eyes and blushed. YongGuk whiped her tears and she extended her arms. His parents laughed at the vision of this. «Let us take care of your luggages. »

 

I greeted my parents-in-law with a smile. « Sujin, you look dazzling, darling. Paris was nice, right ? »

 

« For sure. »

 

As they dropped us at home, we discovered our changed home. « My husband and I wanted to give you two something nice. So first, we printed your photo with your daughter in huge size to put it right here, pretty right ? »

 

I looked at the photo and laughed. YongGuk shook his head. « And it's not over. »

 

They lead us to our bedroom and I blushed seeing the huge bed. «The salesperson told me that queen size bed were super trendy as wedding gift so I bought this one with a fluffy mattress. »

 

YongGuk looked at his mom with a frown. « Mom you didn't have to do all of that. That's ... »

 

« Oh, I almost forgot ! I've taken a bathtub for two persons too. »

 

I had a nervous laugh. « That's nice of you. You already did so much, taking care of Taeyang and Moonah. »

 

My mother in law laughed. « It was a pleasure to take care of them. They are sweethearts and I also became closer with Moonah ! As a grandma, babysitting is always fun. »

As we gave our gifts to our daughters with some try-on, soon enough it was time to sleep. I opened the door and lied on the matress my mother-in-law gave to us, fluffy and huge. YongGuk was showering and I felt little steps in the room.

 

« We're sleeping with you guys. » Taeyang said before climbing on the bed and lying next to me. Moonah came next to her and I kissed their forehead. We talked for a long time, about everything and nothing.

*

Bang YongGuk

I came back from the shower and looked at my family on our huge bed. They were talking about everything and nothing, laughing like crazy. I decided to not disturb them and just have a look at my mails. I my computer and read my emails with attention. After half an hour spent reading and responding quickly to some of it, I came into the bedroom. The girls of my life were still in great conversation. Sujin frowned. «Where were you ? I thought you started to sleep in your bath. »

 

« I took a shower and took time to read my emails. »

 

Sujin groaned. « I forgot you're starting work tomorrow. You should have let that for tomorrow and come chatting with us. »

 

« I let you chitchat between ladies. »

 

My wife pinched my nose. « Idiot husband. You're always welcomed here okay ? »

 

The bed was big enough that all of us could sleep comfortably on the bed. And this happened that night. We slept as a family on that huge queen size bed, hugging each other.

 



First update of the year, thanks for reading and upvoting this story !!