September 2011 : the Court date

Life Is A Puzzle

 

Sujin, 23thd of August 2011

I came in the kitchen to have something to eat.I was hungry. So hungry. All the time. I looked at the content of my fridge and took some boxes out. I mixed everything, added salt, kimchi and chili sauce and started to eat. Soon, the light of the kitchen was . « Mom ? »

 

Taeyang was looking at me bewilred. « Mom! You always say it's bad to sneak in the fridge at night !! »

 

« Yeah but I'm pregnant, I'm just a hungry zombie Taeyang ! » She laughed and I hushed her to my side. « Why are you up ? »

 

« I just can't fall asleep. »

 

« Had fun at Grandma ?» Last week when vacation started, her grandma came to pick her up and bring her to Seoul. It was a long week for all of us. YongGuk was moody, not appreciating his daughter wasn't home, Moonah got bored super easily and I was missing my smiley and dancing queen of a kid. When she came back, we just celebrated all together.

She shrugged slightly. «She is nice, the whole family is very nice.»

« But ? »

« It's just so weird. How can you disappear and not say anything to anyone ? » Taeyang said with a pout. At home we didn't talk about her mom. Her name was almost forbidden even now that Taeyang had links with her mother family.

I felt sad she wondered about such things that and her hair.  « I don't know Taeyang, I don't get it either it  myself.»

 

« She was the popular girl and everything. Grandma said I'm nothing like her. It's because you're my real family and I'am with you 24/7. Well even if I miss having Moonah in my school. »

 

Earlier this year, it was a terrible time for them. We took the difficult decision to let Moonah try the school for precocious children after the school let us know about her amazing math and science knowledges and the two sisters cried longly. Taeyang couldn't bear the idea not having her sister in her class. We had to explain her that it was for Moonah best interets. They even saw each others less, Moonah being busy  with cram school and ice skating lessons for Taeyang. It was a tough back to school this year for them and they just came to the terms of what not being in the same schools and having a different schedule means.

 

YongGuk took his time and had so much patience for that. He explained that we can't spend all our time with the people we love. Taking our example, they understood how it was possible to be married and see each others only in the mornings and nights.

 

She sighed and I gave her a spoon. « For now let's eat. »

 

We moved to the living room to eat and ended up talking about everything and nothing at all. It felt good. Taeyang usually is the quiet one. Moonah gets always so talkative when we get home that it's difficult to have a real conversation with Taeyang. I hugged her and she touched my belly. I knew Moonah feel weirded out by the fact I had a human being in my belly but Taeyang looked geniusly happy to be a big sister. « I'll be the Noona of someone. »

 

« It'd be a big change for you right ? Moonah can be so bossy sometimes. »

 

She laughed. « I'm not the one who said it.And dad is so happy, when YoungMin was born he looked so envious and now he just looks so happy all the time. »

 

I smiled. « Yeah. He loves babies. » I caressed my belly and stopped myself. « So you knew about …? »

 

Taeyang shrugged. « I knew he wasn't like the other fathers. »  Children might be young but they aren't dumb. They know. She noticed how sad her dad was. That's something children can really understand.

 

« So you remember of that day, am I right ? » That day when she discovered her dad shaking and burning in fever in bed. Because he overworked. She cried against my chest that day.

Taeyang looked confused for a second and then shyly nodded. She kissed my hand. «Thanks god you were here Mom. »

 

I kissed her forehead and we chitchatted a little bit more until Taeyang fell asleep first. I hugged her tighly against me and closed my eyes.

*

Bang YongGuk

I woke up alone in bed. I found this utterly weird. Sujin became a heavy sleeper after her pregnancy and it made no sense she wouldn't be in bed at this early hour. I woke up and opened the door of Moonah room. « Oh dad hi. »

 

I looked at her already clothed and ready for school. She was indeed eager to go to her school. She loved it immediately. Her grades went from average to excellent in a matter of weeks. I don't know how they managed to gain her attention, make the little girl that got bored in school so easily go excited to go educate herself.  I smiled to her and couldn't resist to mess her hair. « Hey pretty genius, let's go and have breakfast. »

"UNCLE are you serious ?!!!" She yelled, running after me in the stairs.

We got downstairs and I spotted right away the two girls sleeping on my couch. I came to their side and grabbed my phone to take a photo. Sujin was hugging Taeyang while the teen was touching her belly. It was so sweet. I decided to end this perfect moment. « Time to wake up !!! »

 

I clapped in my hands and Sujin woke up with a grumpy face.

 

« Mom I can't believe you ate all the leftover food from yesterday dinner with Taeyang. » Moonah says completely angry over not having breakfast ready at this hour.

 

« She was hungry because she is pregnant. » Taeyang justified.

 

I laughed at the argument and looked at Sujin show her tongue to her daughter. « Mom ! » They ran around the couch for a while making us laugh. « You know I love late dinner bibimbap !! » Moonah said to make her culpabilize.

 

« You had to be awake !! » Sujin found herself in front of Moonah and just hugged her, kissing her forehead. « Goodmorning my little ball of grumpiness. »

 

Moonah took a huge breath. « I AM NOT GRUMPY !! »

 

Sujin chuckled and  finally came to my side to wish me a goodmorning. She pecked my lips and I hugged her.  «Let's get ready and eat breakfast on the way »

 

Moonah clapped in her hands. « Yeah. You two better get ready fast !!! »

 

We ate in a little restaurant and dropped our daughters to school. I took my briefcase and sighed, now I had to go to work. « So I need to head to Court for trial. »

 

« Can I come ? » Sujin suddenly asked.

 

I froze. « Huh ? »

 

« It's open to the public right ? I'm curious to see you as a lawyer. »

« Yeah you can come and see me. » I felt flustered by this little affection from her, I tried to not make it obvious but she laughed. « You'll be embarassed because of me ? »

 

« Of course not !! I'll do my trial as usual. »

 

She clapped in her hands. « Get ready baby, we are going to see dad in action at work !! »

 

I chuckled at her cheesy lines and drove to court. « First timer right ? »

 

She nodded and caressed the crook of my neck. "You can't imagine how excited I am."

I smiled. "Huh there's nothing spectacular there. You'll get bored in the trial. It's going to be long."

She frowned." I still want to go."

I gave her a thumbs up and once we arrived; I took time to make her visit. As I found some seniors from the Court they stopped to talk with me. "Bang YongGuk, who's the pretty woman with you ? A client ?"

I shook my head. "My wife Kim Sujin." She bowed with a nice smile.

 

« Oh you're the famous wife ! Congratulations on your baby ! YongGuk adors babies so much ! » One of my seniors said. I chuckled awkwardly. Sujin nodded. «I came to see how my husband does his work. »

 

« Oh you won't be disappointed, YongGuk is one of the best here. » Another said.

 

« What is it about today ? » She enquired.

 

« Maritim law, I believe. It's a huge affair. » He explained to her, she listened with attention to him and I suddenly graced my fingers on her back, she looked right away in my direction.

 

« Sunbae, I'm afraid we must keep going with the visit. » I politely said.

 

« Oh sure, take care of your little family YongGuk. »

 

I showed her the various rooms as it was still empty at this early hour of the day. As she went to the bathroom, my client arrived and I looked at her hesitating to come back to my side. I told her to come over and presented them.

 

« Mrs Jeon my wife Sujin, she came to assist to our audience. And Sujin that's the client I'm defending today, Mr Jeon." » I shortly presented them.

He smiled and analysed her as she bowed. « Oh hi it's nice meeting you ! I'm sure you'll do well today then YongGuk. »

 

« I'll try. Sujin you can go and sit down in the Court room already, I have things to discuss with him okay ? » I told her gently.

 

She patted my shoulder. « Fighting ! » My wife was indeed  a funny woman, meeting my friends or family she never really knew how to behave with me :  skinship, no skinship ? She was shy and just awkwardly touched me like I'm a crush of her she's trying to seduce and fail miserably. It was the cutest thing ever. I looked at her walk to the room quietly and hided a smile.

 

« Looking at her, I'm almost feeling like getting married and having kids. » Mr Jeon said. He was in his thirties and never married or had a serious girlfriend. We knew each other from university and as he got a big environnemental scandal, he thought of me to plead for him.

 

« As long as if it's not with my wife. » I warned him. I saw how he eyed her even tho her pregnancy was showing, head to toes. He laughed. « Gosh, it's obvious she loves you so much !! You're a lucky guy. »

 

« Well you know I did have my fair share of lows before meeting her. »

 

He sighed.  « Yeah but my grandma is always right : good things happen to good people. »

*

 

Kim Sujin

I've bring my notebook to draw YongGuk and felt so excited. I tried to melt within the sea of reporters, militants and  citizens coming here to assist the audience. I personnally felt like a teenager going to her idol concert. I knew YongGuk was excellent at his job, I would often look at him learn his oratios by heart with admiration. But seeing him live was a first for me, why didn't I do that earlier ? I rubbed my belly and smiled.

 

As the audience started, I stared at YongGuk. He was mesmerizing. His eloquence was really forcing admiration and he could really make the opposite parties embarassed with his oratio. He was excellent, like his client said. As the judges were asking for more details and stuffs; he sat back and the other side started to plead. I took that time to draw YongGuk. He was standing up, looking at the other lawyer as he talked. He stayed enough in this positing for me to complete it when he finally sat down.

The judges made their ruling and I saw YongGuk reaction. He was pissed off. The ruling mustn't be at his advantages. I pouted and as he looked at me for the first time, I showed him a little heart with my fingers. He had to hide a smile and his serious face was back when he turned his face to the judges. As it was over, everyone exited the room, yet I looked at YongGuk talk over with his client. "Don't worry. We can make appeal and usually the Appeal Court is more conscious of maritim crimes so there are high chances the ruling will be in our favor next time." They shook hands and his client left, greeting me. I came to YongGuk side and waited for him to pack his things. It seemed he prepared a lot for this trial.

"You worked hard, huh ?" I his arms and he sent me a smile. "It happens. I'm just going to make appeal and roast the judges next time."

I laughed at his aggressive answer and he took my hand. "I have to work on it today, you stay with me or go back home ?" I shrugged. "I'll go back home, I want to prepar dinner for tonight. Don't forget we have an athlet to feed." YongGuk looked a bit disappointed yet grinned. "Okay, you didn't get bored that much right ?"

I shook my head. "How could I  when I have such entertainement in front of me ? I didn't understand much but I drew a portrait of you." He chuckled softly and lead me outside. "You chose a wrong day, this wasn't a easy matter, come back when I win the case okay ?"

I nodded and we got in his car. He dropped me to the bus stop and went to work.

*

When YongGuk came home, I was in the kitchen cooking Taeyang favourite food : pork belly. He kissed my forehead and  ran his fingers on my belly as I cooked and Taeyang entered the kitchen, she was training hard for her dream : become a professional  ice skater.

 

Taeyang arrived and smiled looking at us. She sat on the edge of the table and chewed on her apple, looking at YongGuk pat my belly.  "Mom, does he move yet ?"

 

«He's quiet for the moment, but I think he'll start soon enough. » I was excited for that time to come.

 

« That'd be super fun. » She sat next to you and I took her in my arms. « Ya dongsaeng. You have to be ready for me to exploit you. »

 

I gave her a glance. « I'm joking. » She reassured me.

 

« Don't say that to him. Tell him nice things. » I nagged her.

 

« Ya, my little brother. Our family is very cool, the coolest of all is me, don't mind much our weird Moonah. Oh and you have the most awesome parents of the entire earth. »

 

« Oh Taeyang. » YongGuk said, brushing her hair. She smiled. « It's only the truth. He's going to be super happy with you as parents. »

 

Moonah came in, with a sheet mask on her face. She sat next to me and looked at my belly. « Doesn't it feel weird to have a baby inside of your body ? »

 

« Are you really the one asking me that ? » I asked back to her. She laughed sweetly hiding her embarassement. I took her hands and rested them on my bump. « You have to get used to the idea of having a baby brother and get over that fear of babies. »

 

« I'll try. You know Mom I always wanted sisters and brothers.»

 

I kissed the top of her head. « You would pester me about this all day long. And then, you found yourself a friend and decided on your own accords it was your sister. »

 

Moonah and Taeyang did a high five. « And it worked. »

 

YongGuk laughed and high fived them too. I looked at them shaking lightly my head. "Mom when are we eating ?" Taeyang asked, eager to eat.

 

*

Bang YongGuk, 3trd of september

I was sleeping, Sujin spooning me, the best she could with her round belly touching  my back. I woke up feeling movements agaisnt my back. I slowly woke up and looked at Sujin still perfectly asleep. I touched her belly and smiled. He was moving. Our baby was moving. I kissed the baby bump. « Hi. You felt lonely, old sport ? » I whispered.

 

His movements stopped for a while and started back after a few minutes, making me super happy.  Sujin was still soundly asleep. I caressed her belly gently and ended up talking to my son. Usually Sujin would always supervize our meetings and all sweet that she was, having this bonding time together was really nice. Soon enough, he stopped to move. I rested my ear against her belly and felt the warmness of this world created just for him. I kissed her bellybutton and closed back my eyes.

 

*

 

Kim Sujin, the next day

I was sitting on the couch, feeling weird. Since this morning, I had a weird sensation. I was rubbing my belly to understand and YongGuk came to myside, he was ready to go to work yet took time to kneel to my side. « What's happening darling ? »

 

He looked at me and checked my temperature. « I don't know. »

 

« Does it hurt ? You lost the waters ? False contractions ? » He asked, cautious.

 

« It doesn't hurt but it's a weird sensation. As if the ... » I stopped myself and concentrated on the sensation. Of course ! The baby is moving. Moonah was a very weak baby and I didn't get the chance to feel that from her.

 

YongGuk ran to his phone. « Sujin do I call someone ? Tell me exactly what's going on ? The more details the better. »

 

I had a nervous chuckle. «He moved. »

 

My husband gasped and his worried face turned into a radiant smile. « My baby moved. » We stayed in this embrace for long minutes. « He did that yesterday night while you were sleeping. »

 

 

« Oh for real ? That's crazy I didn't feel anything ! » I was just asleep all night long. YongGuk smiled. « I got awake because of the movements. It made me super happy. »

 

« Oh Gukkie. » I kissed his lips and appreciated the baby moving inside. It was a heartwarming sensation. YongGuk came to hug me and laughed as he awkwardly bumped with my stomach with his. « Hugging you like this is becoming really hard. »

 

« What about kissing ? »

 

He made himself a pleasure to go and prove me wrong. We kissed longly. He alternated between light pecks and strong, powerful kisses. « Dad, it's so early in the morning !! » I heard Taeyang say.

 

Moonah whined. « And you said not with the tongue. »

 

He pulled away from me and pecked my lips a last time. «Can't I have an derogation for this morning ? »

 

Taeyang and Moonah rolled their eyes, making me chuckle longly. They came to greet me and taking turns they pecked my belly. « Hello baby brother «  Taeyang said warmly.

 

Moonah slapped gently my stomach. « Yo, Bro !!! »

 

I shook my head lightly at this fooliness and followed my family in the kitchen. These days I wasn't allowed to do anything. Taeyang heated up the breakfast. Moonah set the table and YongGuk take care of anything else. I looked at them activate themselves, sipping my tea that YongGuk prepared, rubbing my belly by instinct. He sat next to me as we ate breakfast.

 

 «Oh I have news for you. Your brother moved for the first time yesterday. » I remembered to tell them.

 

They gasped and quickly came to my side to press their hands on my belly. They were silent and in plain concentration so much I hadn't the heart to break their hopes. YongGuk saw my situation and laughed. « Girls, let your mom breath. Baby is quite shy for the moment. »

 

They sighed, disappointed. « I'll tell you when he'll decide himself to move, okay ? ».



I took so much time editing,  Gosh my studies are taking me so much energy, it's crazy. Well, thanks for reading and have a nice sunday !