Jeju island II

Life Is A Puzzle

Kim Sujin, 11th of october, in a plane for Jeju

I gulped as the plane take off. « Mom I'm scared. » Moonah mumbled, grabbing my sleeve.

 

« There's nothing to be scared of. » I said trying to be reassuring. Taeyang was turning the pages of a magazine, eyes searching for the photos and images silently  while Moonah hugged my body while hiding her head against my chest. I took a breath, trying to calm down. I felt overwhelmed with the sensation of the plane taking off. The noises. The higher sense of gravity. My heart started to beat faster.

 

As the plane finished to take  off, a air hostess came to see us. « Madam you look a bit pale. May I offer you a glass of juice ? »

 

I nodded silent and took the glass with my sweaty and shaky hands. She gave a drink to Taeyang and looked at my daughter. I looked at her crushed cheek against my shoulder and shook my head to the air hostess, she had a huge smile. « If anything is wrong call me, first time in plane can feel a bit overwhelming. »

 

I tried to relax myself during the flight, watching over Taeyang and Moonah. I thought that out of the two of us, Moonah would be the most afraid but no. I couldn't comprehend how she could fall asleep in this situation. But here she was, peacefully sleeping, not aware of her surrounding. I took a sip of my juice and soon we got the announcement that the plane will be boarding soon.

Taeyang extended her hand. « Hold my hand, so you won't be afraid. » I blinked a bit at her wise words and took her hand in mine. She smiled to me and I kissed her hand, making her laugh.

 

*

 

« I can't believe you let a woman that never took a plane do it alone and take care of two kids. What if she faints ? Or have a panic attack ? »

 

I groaned. « Well, Sujin is grown up, she is going to survive … I guess. »

 

My sister shook her head as I drove us to the airprot. She was going back to Seoul to see her little family? Her husband too tired to travel with their three kids. I bid her goodbye and  was left alone in the airport waiting for the women of my house. The numerous people started to get out and I waited patiently for them to arrive. What if she had a panic attack ? What if she didn't enter the plane ? And Moonah ? What if she got super afraid of the plane ? And cried ?

 

I was submerged with those thoughts when she came out of the doors, followed by Taeyang and Moonah. I ran to them immediately. I hugged Taeyang and Moonah. "How was the plane, Moonah ?"

"I slept well." She answered, rubbing her eyes. I chuckled as she looked just fine. Taeyang was hugging my leg, not leaving me alone. I got closer to Sujin and smiled. « Are you okay ? How was the plane ? »

 

She shrugged, her face pale and body movements weak. « I survived. »

 

My jaw almost dropped. « I'm sorry I wasn't here. » I her arms in an effort to reassure her.

 

« YongGuk it's okay, I'm doing fine. Let's go. »

 

I nodded and took the bags she brought here. I lead them to the car, happy the girls of my life was here with me.  We walked to the car and Sujin stayed silent, listening to us talking. I drove to our hotel. I decided to  take an hotel with a nice playground and children activities. As I drove, I gave side looks to Sujin. Taking profit of the dark night, I brushed her tigh with my hand to get her attention.

 

«I'm really sorry. » I whispered.

 

She giggled. « What have you done wrong ? It's not your fault I got super stressed in the plane. »

 

She kissed my hand and I finally smiled, moving my hand higher on her lap. She gasped. «YongGuk ! »

 

« They can't see us. » I whispered. They weren't even listening to us, talking to each other and despite the dark night, trying to look outside for the landscape.

 

She looked at me and smircked ; she set her hand on my inner tigh and tickled me. I gasped.

 

« I have the upper hand in this game.. » She whispered to me, chuckles leaving . I rolled my eye and arrived to a stop, I smacked a kiss on her cheek, lingering on her crook. « We'll setlle that tonight, alright ? »

 

Sujin looked away flustered and I grinned, before kissing her shoulder.

 

« What are you talking about Dad ? » Taeyang asked, witnessing me kiss Sujin shoulder.

 

I looked at Sujin small laughter and smiled. « Told her I missed her. »

 

« What about me ? And Moonah ?  Just Sujin ? »

 

« What nonsense are you saying ? I missed you Taeyang, I didn't have my lawyer with me for the conference, I felt lost this five days. And Moonah, do you even realize I let Mom do hot chocolate for you when she doesn't even add two spoons of sugar ? I missed being with you, girls. »

 

« Does it mean we get icecream tonight ? » Moonah asked, trying to gain some food out of this.

 

They clapped in their hands looking at me reluctanctly nodd.

*

We got to the rooms to drop our bags and Sujin gasped seeing the huge rooms I got for us. Our bedroom was one of the prettiest of the hotel, with view on the seaside, a huge veranda, and a nice bathroom. It was connected with our daughters rooms, a smaller room with a large bed, a huge tv and a pink-themed bathroom. They were excited to stay here for the weekend and were jumping around.

 

Sujin was quietly sat at the veranda couch, fighting against sleep. As Moonah jumped on her, her eyes got wide open, surprised. She sighed and smiled exhausted to her daughter.

 

I considered how tired she was and felt guilty. « Stay here and go to sleep. I'll bring you something to eat from the restaurant so you'll have something to eat if you wake up. I can see how exhausted you are, let me take care of the girls. You did so for five days alone. »

 

She was going to protest but for all answers yawned. I grinned as she gave up. «Thanks. Have fun. »

 

I lifted her of the veranda couch and made her back rest against the mattress of our bed. « Goodnight love. »

 

I made the blanket rest on her bdoy and kissed her forehead in a sweet motion. She sighed out loud and closed her eyes. « What ? »

 

She shook her head. « Tell me. »

 

She sat up and came to whisper in my left ear : « I would love you to have your ways with me right now and then have the sweetest sleep ever after. But you have to take care of kids. »

 

« You evil creature. » I mumbled, cheeks on fire. She laughed and shrugged. « That's why I wanted to keep it to myself. »

 

I stood up and went to our daughters room. « Sujin is tired so she's staying there, let's go and grab lunch together, huh ? »

 

Moonah looked at her mom already asleep and looked at me with a nodd.  As we arrived to the hotel restaurant, the waitress came to greet us.

 

« 3 seats ? « 

 

She lead us to our table and gave us the menu. I helped Taeyang and Moonah to choose for their menu as they asked questions. We ended up with two differents meals they wanted, as they agreed to share.

 

« What do you want little girl ? Fish and chips ? Okay. What about you ? »

 

Moonah pointed to the thing she wanted in the menu and the waitress smiled. She noted the meal Moonah ordered and finally took my order. As our plate arrived, they talked about their week in school and being alone with Sujin in the house. I smiled as they only ate half of one plate, with patience, I ate the fish and rice by myself and thought about telling Sujin I finished all the plates, not letting one thing go to waste. As we were finsihed, the waitress came to our table to collect the plates, she gasped.

 

« Oh your daughter have beautiful eyes. She is lucky !! Andthat heartthrob over here, gosh those are really pretty and kind daughters, they even finished their meal. Do they get ice cream ? »

 

They looked at me with hope in their eyes and I nodded. « Yeah of course. »

 

They cheered and I laughed, looking at them choose the ice cream  what they were going to eat. I sighed and made sure to not order anything for me, knowing already how all of that will end : me finishing the melted icecream. Mooah looked at me when the woman was gone and laughed. "She thought I was your daughter. It's silly I have my dad's eyes."

I nodded. "Yeah. You're right. Beautiful eyes." She blushed slightly and I ruffled her hair. It was the waitress wild guess.

 

When they pushed the ice cream scoop to me, I giggled and finished it. « Do you want to have a walk outside ? I need to digest after the amount of food I ate.»

 

They nodded and soon, we were outside, next to the sea. As they started to run, I cleared my throat. « It's dark and you don't know the place so you both hold my hands. »

 

Taeyang extended her hand casually but Moonah looked at me with doubtful eyes. She finally rested her litte hand in mine and I smiled to her. Moonah was smaller than Taeyang despite being a few weeks older. I walked slowly in the hotel garden, in direction of the hotel playground. I set them free there and looked at them play with energy on the playground.  Soon Taeyang ran to me, « Dad you have to play with us !!! »

 

« I'm tired Tae' » I gently said to her.

 

« But just five minutes. » She said showing me the five fingers of her hands  with a pout.

 

I gave up and came to play with them ; I was engrossed in this activity, pushing them on the slide, running after them and helping them to climb. We stayed a while here, spending energy and laughing.

 

When I noticed how dark it was and the late hour, I gasped. « Now it's time to sleep ! You've played enough. »

 

I took care of them in the bathroom making sure they properly washed themselves, helping to put on pyjamas and more than all making sure they brush their teeths the right amount of time and the right way. As this task was over, we stayed on their huge bed for a while. « Now you're clean you ate and you've played, you must sleep now. »

 

« No tv ? » Taeyang asked.

 

« No TV. » I said firmly.

 

They sighed and I made sure to keep the remote with me getting out of the bed. « Goodnight Moonah, goodnight Taeyang. » I kissed both of their forehead and exited the room. I was exhausted too. I took a quick bath and time to brush my teeths and soon lied down next to Sujin. She was still deeply asleep, her lipstick still on, her clothes still on. She didn't even wake up to eat the sandwich I asked the room service to put in her room.

I rearranged the blanket and sighed. « We are not going to settle anything tonight. »

 

*

Kim Sujin, the 12th of october,

I woke up around 9pm and sat in the bed. YongGuk was peacefully sleeping next to me and I smiled. I missed sleeping next to him. I walked to the door of the girls and opened it slowly. They were both still sleeping soundly. I entered the bathroom and started to run a bath for me. I smelled like sweat and not taking a shower last night neither bruhsing my teeths, I felt quite dirty.

 

As I settled in the bathtub, loving the luxury samples of the hotel, the door opened on YongGuk. He washed his hand and his face then looked at me. « How did you take care of them five days without interuption ? I took care of them one night and I'm dead tired. »

 

I giggled and shrugged. « Exhausted ? »

 

« Huh, and sleepy. »

 

He sat on the edge of the bathtub, eyes still half-opened, lips still swollen from his sleep and realized the situation.  I was in a hot bathtub, our kids were still sleeping soundly and he just got awake. I raised my eyebrows with a smile when he removed his shirt. « I thought you were exhausted. »

 

«I have my priorities straight. » He locked the door of the bathroom and came back to my side.

 

I laughed hearing that and looked at him enter the bathtub with a shout. « This is way too hot. »

 

As he finally sat in front of me, I extended my arms and came to straddle him. « Let's stop the teasing, huh ? »

 

*

I looked at the peaceful smile of Sujin on our wak on Jeju island. She was discovering Jeju with such joy that I could only been moved by her. Her daughter was not in rest, running around and asking her mom to take photos of her. As we settled down to eat some candies, I chuckled as I looked at Sujin take her notebook and starting to draw. She chose the seashore as model and right now nothing else existed, only the sea coast. We got to have fun with the girls at the beach, running around the waves. When we came back to Sujin spot, she was drawing frenetically. I kissed her cheek gently and she finally stopped herself.

 

« Oh sorry I got ingrossed into that drawing. » She explained. I looked at her beautiful drawing and complimented her.

 

« Come on, let's ask someone to take a picture of us. » I said. It was our last day here. Yesterday we visited the city, went to visit an aquarium and ended the night in a raw fish restaurant. Today we took it easy, just a nice and easy walk on the island and a pic nic.

 

We stopped a middle aged woman to take our family photo and she clapped in her hand giving me back my phone. « Such a beautiful family you have here. Your wife and daughters are marvellous. »

 

I slightly blushed at this mention and looked at Sujin chuckle. « Thanks Madam. You helped us turn this memory into a photo ! »

 



Here another chapter, thanks for commenting and subscribing, it really motivates me to post chapters more often despite my busy schedule !

 

Fighting for school and work !! and have a good day !