The past 1

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After walking for about 5 minutes, they arrived at their favourite café. They sit and ordered their food as usual. Today they choose a table at the corner of the café wanted to get more privacy since lots of people will come because it’s dinner time. They were just sitting and chatting and laughing lovingly. Not until Nayeon decided to talk about something serious. She fell like it’s time for her to tell Jeongyeon about her past. Her past that makes her not ready to accept Jeongyeon’s proposal to be her girlfriend and she expected Jeongyeon to tell hers too. 

 

------

 

Nayeon: Jeongie~ 


Jeongyeon: Hmm? Wae? *still munching her food*


Nayeon: Hmmm.. I want to tell you something.


Jeongyeon: *looks at Nayeon* Bunny, you sound so serious. Wae? What do you want to tell me? 


Nayeon: *looks at Jeongyeon nervously* Hmm..I think I’m ready to tell you why I didn’t accept to be your girlfriend straight away. 
Jeongyeon: Ahhh.. If you don’t want to tell me. Its okay I understand. 


Nayeon: Ani.. I’ve promise you before that I will tell you so I will tell you *smile sincerely* 


Jeongyeon: Arrasseo. So bunny, my ears are all yours *smile* 


Nayeon: Ermm..How should I start? *put her fingers at her chin* 


Jeongyeon: Hmm.. Just start when you meet him? *grin* 


Nayeon: Ahh.. I met him when i was in my first year of high school. He was my senior. I met him when I was lost and he’s the one showing me the way to my class since I’m a new student there. 


Jeongyeon: Hmm hmm *nodding her head* 


Nayeon: So.. from that day we became closer since he will always come to me and accompany me and after a year he confessed to me and we became a couple since then. 


Jeongyeon: *Listen with a very serious face* 


Nayeon: *looks at Jeongyeon and giggle* You look so cute now Jeongie~ *squeeze Jeongyeon cheeks* 


Jeongyeon: Yah! I was trying to be serious just now. 


Nayeon: I know but you look too cute for me to ignore *giggle* So where was I just now? Hehee


Jeongyeon: You became a couple *back to make serious face* 


Nayeon: Ahh.. At first he was sweet. He takes really good care of me. He also gave a very good impression to my parents. He will always come pick me at home and send me home everyday. He was like a perfect boyfriend any girl could ask for *looks at Jeongyeon*


Jeongyeon: *smile but look a bit sad*


Nayeon: *grab and hold Jeongyeon’s hand* but then as time goes by, he started to change. He’s no longer the sweet guy I first met and know. He gets jealous on almost everything. I can’t even team up with a guy in class for project let alone be friends with any guy. 


Jeongyeon: *listen with full concentration* 


Nayeon: Whenever he saw me talking with a guy, he will get mad and will drag me out and then he eventually started to be violent. First he just slapped me then it gets serious. He will hit me hard he will even kick me until I can’t even get up. 


Jeongyeon: *shock* Really? You didn’t tell your parents? Or your friends? 


Nayeon: I tried to tell my parents but they don’t seem to believe me because he act so nice in front of them. So they just assume that I just made that all up and my best friends know about it but there’s nothing they can do. 


Jeongyeon: *rub her thumb on the back of Nayeon’s hand* 


Nayeon: *smile and tighten her hold on Jeongyeon’s hand* It goes on for few months and I think I got enough of that already and with the help of my best friends, we caught him right handed. My best friends recorded what he did to me and showed it to my parents and we made a police report. So, I’ve not seen him for years now. The end. *smile but showed a hint of sadness and worry* 


Jeongyeon: Aigoo~ I don’t know my bunny went through a lot before. My bunny is so strong *pats Nayeon’s head* I promise I’ll try my best to make you happy bunny *kiss Nayeon’s hand* 


Nayeon: *wipe her tears that start to roll down her cheeks* Thanks Oppa~~~ 


Jeongyeon: Eyyy.. I think I’m getting used to hear you call me oppa now. So, you want to hear my story? *look at Nayeon straight in the eyes* 


Nayeon: If you want to tell me then I’ll be listening.


Jeongyeon: I take that as a yes then. So mine was not as hard as you. It just that I always got cheated on. No matter how hard I tried to be the best and give my all at the end of the day I will always get cheated on or got dump. Their reasons were so easy that I was too kind for them. 


Nayeon: Eh? *tilt her head questioning* 


Jeongyeon: Why? Is it weird?


Nayeon: *nods her head* 


Jeongyeon: Yeah. I know. I mean is it that bad to be good and kind to your girlfriend? To give all your love? Pampered and spoiled them? But then my best friend told me that maybe they think I’m too kind and it bores them. Like they wanted to fight like other couples do. So what ever. *grin* 


Nayeon: I don’t understand them *giggle* I definitely want that kind of girlfriend or boyfriend. It was like my kind of type. 


Jeongyeon: Me too! I want that too!


Nayeon: Yah! *glared at Jeongyeon* 


Jeongyeon: *laugh out loud* Aww~ My bunny so cute~ *pinched Nayeon’s cheek* 


Nayeon: *pouts* 


Jeongyeon: Aigoo~ How can you be so cute? But seriously bunny, That’s what happened to me. I’m not traumatised or anything but just tired being broken hearted. 


Nayeon: I won’t break your heart. 


Jeongyeon: *sigh and smile* Don’t make promises you can’t keep bunny.


Nayeon: *frown* Ahh..then what about I promise to try my best to not break your heart? *ginned widely showing her bunny teeth* 


Jeongyeon: That’s okay I guess. So, let’s go now? I really need to take my shower.


Nayeon: Yeah  you sure do need that *covers her nose with her hand* 


Jeongyeon: Yah! *hugs Nayeon* 

----


Time skipped....

 

Few days past and Jeongyeon become more busy with her training since the tournament is just around the corner and her piled up assignments don’t h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter