What are we? 4

The One That Got Away
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday night...

 

Jeongyeon’s POV 

 

Tonight is the dinner and it will be held at a famous hotel here. Me and Nayeon will go separately where she will go with her friends and I will go with mine. And there we will sit on our own designated table which will be at different table too since the seating was set by class and year. I’m all set up to go and now waiting for my friends. They really try hard to look pretty and they do look pretty after all they effort. I will drive there and they will follow me. On our way to the hotel, we stopped by Mina’s place since she will come too because they allowed us to invite anyone we want. One invitation per person so grabbing the opportunity, Momo wasted no time to invite Mina. Few minutes later we arrived at the hotel and we excitedly entered and we met our lecturers Ms. Kim and Ms. Hwang at the reception table. They smiled at us and gave us a tag with numbers on it, for lucky draw purposes they said. If we’re lucky, our number will be called and we will received the lucky draw prizes. 


We entered the hall where the dinner was held and as soon as we entered we can see many students already there and the atmosphere was really good. Some music was played and it feels really good. Jihyo straight away went to the stage since she was selected to be the MC along with another student named Jinyoung. Their chemistry was really good like they’ve already known each other for years. Everything was nice and everyone looks like having a very great night. Some were dancing with the music, some were seen eating non-stop and I was constantly took a glance at Nayeon. I can’t help it, she was right there sitting and laughing with her friends right beside my table. She looks really pretty, I guess who ever her stylist was, I’m sure she’s really good. Hahaha. 


The night went well and its tine for lucky draw now. I didn’t expect it too much in fact I didn’t think about it at all. The lucky numbers were called one by one, some numbers are close to mine. Then, number 143 was called and all of my friends called and looked at me. 


“What?” I asked them.


“143! Number 143 please come up the stage to get your prize!” Jihyo repeated again.


“Yah pabo! That’s your number you dummy! Did you forget how to read?!” Chaeyoung said to me and my other friends just laughed seeing me.


“Ehhh? I didn’t realised that!” with that I stand up and ran towards the stage. Once Jihyo realised that I’m thee one who she’s been calling just glared at me. Feeling a little intimidated by her glare I just bow apologetically and I stole a few glances towards Nayeon and I can see her giggling seeing me. And that made my heart flutter. 


After few more numbers being called, the last few numbers got huge response from all of us since we all kinda feel a bit tired now. The last number will receive the biggest prize and that number unexpectedly belongs to Nayeon. I guess she’s always lucky and I can see her blushed when she’s walking up the stage since the cheer for her was the loudest and of course I’m one of the reason why the cheer was that loud. 


After the lucky draw session finished and before all of us were dismissed, the Dean of our college Prof. Park gave out some short speech thanking us and the management for the lovely night and hoping the best for our future. After that, we have our sessions to took some pictures with each other and with our favourite lecturers

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter