Pasta and Truth Tea

Amnesia

I turn around, dodging hits as I memorize as many things about him as possible. He isn't wearing glasses, but rather contacts as his eyes seem oddly prominent. His eyes are swollen, like he's unused to using contacts. This was a one time choice because he didn't want them falling off during his attack.

His hair is short, dark, and straight. Cut fairly recently. I'm not being mugged, as he clearly has money. Some facial hair, but nothing out of control.

Black bomber jacket, ripped jeans, and a few tattoos that are visible on his skin. One tattoo is an attempt to cover a scar, clearly done by himself despite not being clumsy. He's good with his hands, and needles. Precision. This is why he brought a knife to something expected to be a knife fight.

I make one final glance at his face, memorizing his features before turning around and starting to try and loose him.

He's fast, and he remains right on my tail despite me trying to make decisions hard to follow.

I also stray from main roads, as I don't want him hurting civilians. But as I follow this way of side streets, I grow further and further from home.

I climb a ten foot fence, hoping over it. Maybe it's fatigue, maybe it's just an innocent mistake, but I don't lift my leg high enough to stop it from getting caught on some barbed wire. I swear as I fall, hitting the ground hard but getting to my feet quickly and continuing to run. I am so going to need ing stitches.

I whip out my phone as I use the fence as a chance to loose him.

"Yoongi you , pick up, pick up, pick up!" I hiss as I sprint over to a gas station and collapse on the back end. My leg burns, and I can't run anymore.

"Hi, you've reached the personal and confidential number of Agent Min Yoongi of the Protection Bureau. Sorry I can't take your call, but if you leave a message, I'll get back to you as soon as I can!"

"How dare you answer when I call at three in the morning about my weird dreams and not at seven when I'm literally about to die!" I hiss, hanging up as I hear someone growing close. My only hope is to be quiet.

"Oh my god, Y/N you're bleeding!" Jimin exclaims as he sees me.

"I know, Jimin, now help me up!" I hiss. "We need to get the hell out of here!"

"She's over here!"

", come on!" He scoops me up into his arms, and heads out front to where Jungkook is watching a group of three or so men poke around.

"You got an issue, buddy?"

"Uh, no sir, just waiting for my friend to come back-"

"Well, time is money. Speaking of money, give us yours. Now."

"Jungkook! Let's get the hell out of here!" Jimin grabs him with one hand while supporting me with the other.

I forget how ridiculously strong him and Mark are.

"They've got her!" One exclaims and they start chasing after us. Jimin practically throws the two of us into the back seat, and we land directly on Taehyung as he squeezes in after Jungkook.

"Y/N? What are you doing here?"

"Mark! Don't ask questions and drive!"

I start to feel dizzy as we pull out of the parking lot. Who knew barbed wire could so bad?

Well, actually, probably a lot of people. That's kind of what its known for.

"How are you holding up?" Jimin takes my hand.

"Taking deep breaths and remembering how much I hate people asking me if I'm okay."

"She's fine." He comments as he glances into his rearview mirror.

"No she's not. She's so pale." Jungkook rests his hand on my forehead as the pain in my leg becomes more of a focus in my reality. "She's also got a fever- Wait, are you bleeding?"

"Hopped a fence with barbed wire. Word of advice, Kookie, from me to you- in 90% of situations, walking around the fence is better."

"Hospital, Mark." Jimin says as he checks the cut. "She needs stitches."

"Drop me off at home. I can do them."

"Are you sure, Y/N-"

"She's about to pass out. Take her to the hospital." Taehyung speaks up for the first time about the situation.

"I'll be fine. I've lived through worse."

"Y/N, just focus on staying awake."

"God, she's slurring her words so much-"

"Wait, her eyes are starting to go glassy-"

"Doesn't this car go faster-"

"It does, but I'd rather arrive at the hospital with only one injured, not five-"

"Y/N, eyes open-"

And then I passed out.

~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up in a room I don't know. There are pictures, but my head is spinning too much to register who they're of.

"Good morning, sunshine."

I blink in surprise. When the hell did he get here? When the hell did I get here?

Last I remember, wasn't he supposed to spend the night at Jungkook's?

"I didn't expect to see you here."

"And I didn't expect you to be armed. When exactly were you going to tell me about the gun?"

"Hobi gave it to me for extra protection. Why? Did something happen?"

"The hospital found it on you and thought we were gang members. We only got treatment because one of the nurse's had helped Yoongi out before."

"Mmm. Where am I?" I ask sleepily. "I'm not in a hospital..."

"When Hobi heard, he said he didn't want you in a building that's so easy to be infiltrated. We got you some stitches and a blood transfusion and then took you to Jungkook's house, since he's right by the hospital. You've been sleeping in his bed."

"And where has he slept?" I mumbled.

"Well, next to you, of course." He grins from the door.

"Yah! She's recovering, you jerk! Be nice!"

"Shut up. Both of you." He hits them. "Have some consideration. Y/N, do you remember everything this time?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"... This time?"

"Uh, nothing. Hey, Y/N, Jin actually dropped by and brought flowers. We've all missed school today because we figured that maybe the four of us put together would be enough to keep a human being alive."

"That was nice of him. Has Yoongi been in touch since? And what was he doing yesterday anyways?"

"He was in a board meeting with his boss, so his cell was off. Hse's currently on his way over, and he isn't very pleased with the voice message you left him."

I smile. "Good. I wasn't very pleased when I was leaving the message either."

Mark smiles. "Tae is cooking downstairs, so if you want you can join us for dinner."

"I slept a whole day?"

"You're not exactly a stress free person. You've had a lot on your mind recently, and clearly your body is trying to recover."

"Here." He moves forward to lift me, but Jungkook cuts him off.

"You carried her all yesterday, your arms must be sore. No worries, I got her." He picks me up like I'm a child, and snuggles me into his chest. He's so warm, I can't help but shut my eyes as I lean against him. We get downstairs on the living room, and he puts me down on the couch before covering me with a blanket.

"Y/N's up. She's on the couch." He calls to Tae in the kitchen.

"Has the swelling gone down?" He called back.

"A little!"

Taehyung comes over to the living room with a huge pot of pasta and garlic bread, putting it on the coffee table.

I start to move so others can sit on the couch, but I am stopped by Jungkook as Jimin and Mark grab chairs from the kitchen.

"So, if you remember everything, what happened?"

"Well, for starters, I think they've earned a bit more credibility now, haven't they?" Jimin looked at me after gesturing to Jungkook and Taehyung.

"Well, all the times something has happened they've been accounted for, and I had Yoongi do me a favour. Sorry for acting super weird around you." I turn to Tae. "I thought you were someone you're not."

"Uh, thanks?"

I nod. "Okay. Well, I goes for some clarification, I don't have a stalker. Or rather, not in the way normal people do. My stalker... He's the head of this ultra secretive organization, and has been trying to kidnap me for years. It's why I freaked out when the house got broken into, why I freaked out when the lights got cut at the play, and why we left so quickly from a simple gas station fight."

"Simple??" Jungkook's eyes went wide. "But there were three guys!"

"Stand up. I'm crippled, and I can still take hurt you."

"No, you're not flipping him here." Mark stops me. "Now that they know your background,  how'd you get hurt last night?"

"So I was walking to the convenience store, and all of the sudden all the lights on this street went out, probably because they didn't want anyone to see anything. Then, this guy with a knife attacked me. When I was trying to escape, I underestimated the height of a barbed wire fence and did this." I gestured to my leg under the blanket. "I decided to hide behind the gas station and I called Yoongi until Jimin found me."

"So you think it was the A.S.C.?"

"Hard to say. I never saw the man with the knife in the group with gas station, but I heard him. It's very possible they asked him to go around back and look while they made sure I didn't escape out front. It's a very A.S.C. strategy."

"What if it is them?" Jungkook asks. "What do you do?"

"I move. Again." I sigh. "And things slowly return to normal here."

"You can't leave." Jungkook frowned. "Your family in this town is the only normal I've ever known."

"Well, we'll be staying behind this time."

"Huh? Why?"

"They won't pay for them to come live with me." I sigh.

"Is that everything we need to know?" Taehyung asked softly.

"Yes. That's everything." I admit. "Hoseok is my trainer and Yoongi is my agent that's in charge of all my operations."

"... I'm glad you finally told me, Y/N." Jungkook reaches and takes my hand, receiving glares from Jimin. "I never understood why you always pushed me away until now."

"I'm not an because I want to be."

"Au contraire, dear sister. I've seen you call Yoongi on break."

"Shut up Mark. We were having a moment, all five of us and you literally just wrecked it. You proud of yourself?"

"Let go of her hand. It's been long enough." He takes my distraction as an excuse to fling a pillow at Jungkook, making him let go.

"My house, my rules-"

"This isn't your house-"

"Its not yours either-"

"Hey." Tae leans towards me while Mark tries to break up Jimin and Jungkook's fight. "As much as I want to have you meet some of my other friends, I get why you said no now. As an apology, and as a friend who now knows far too much information for plausable denial, may I take you out for dinner some night?"

"I'm not really busy. I can't practice until my stitches heal." I say. "So... Whenever is fine, I guess."

"How about tomorrow?"

"I can do tomorrow."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Bye! I have my cell on me! Love you!" I call as I leave the front door.

"Tell Tae I'll kill him if you come back with anything bad on you!"

"Yeah, yeah." I roll my eyes, as Tae honks his horn again.

"He's getting antsy. Later!"

Shutting the door, I hurry to his car and hop into the passenger seat.

"Hey, Tae."

"Hey Y/N. You look nice."

"Believe it or not, but I can dress myself nicely if I so choose." I say. "Where are we going?"

"It's a surprise."

"Hmm, okay."

After a few minutes of driving, Tae turns on the radio. I'm silent until a specific song comes on. Amnesia.

I scoff, turning and looking outside.

"Is something wrong?"

"This song glamorizes mental illnesses. They have no idea what it's like to have nothing, absolutely nothing representing a huge part of your life. No matter what, something is better than nothing. Even if it hurts."

"You talk like you know what's going on."

"Well Tae, I'm not exactly the most well rounded human being. I have no past up until twelve years old when my current hell of running for my life started."

"... You really remember nothing?"

"Am I supposed to? All I know is I came to my senses on the streets and I was bleeding profusely and being chased. I don't know why the A.S.C. wants me, but they must've blown millions of dollars in equipment and employees to capture me."

"If you're so curious, why don't you go with them? Maybe then you'd remember."

"One of them shot me in the chest once. I was lucky, as it was from a distance with a low caliber pistol, but I was still crippled for weeks. Who knows what the hell they want from me? Whatever it is, they're not afraid to hurt me to get it."

"Have you ever thought that maybe they don't hate you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe they love you to the point where they turn to violence to bring you home. Maybe the villains aren't the ones the most clearly depicted, Y/N."

"And what the hell makes you say that-" I turn away from the mirror and look at him, but stop. "Tae, are you crying? I didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything-"

"Y/N, I'm so, so sorry."

"What?"

And then the hand covers my mouth and nose, and I instinctively breathe in the chemicals as I realize what he meant.

Maybe the villains aren't the ones the most clearly depicted.

Oh, Taehyung.