Under the Stars

Amnesia

Stepping into school the next morning instantly feels like a mistake.

People are staring at me in shock (I mean, if a girl went missing for a month and then just showed up you'd be shocked too) and watching me as I walk through the halls. Jimin was late, and I didn't have training so I was early. Mark had offered to walk me around, but I didn't want to hide anymore. I didn't need the shy façade anymore.

I want to surprise Jin. So I wait after the bell for a few minutes, just to be late enough as I usually am.

And then I push open the door.

He's taking attendance, head down as he reads off the sheet. "Jimin. Take a seat. We're about to get started."

"Right family, wrong kid." I say with a smile.

He looks up, and his face morphs a thousand different emotions. "Y/N. My office. Now."

"Mr. Kim, with all do respect, you have a class."

"Office." He points to the door and I shrug.

"Okay. Don't get your in a twist." I mumble as I walk past him.

He follows me into the office and shuts the door behind us.

And then I can't breathe. "Jin... a little less shoulder, a little more hug please."

"Stop. You disappeared with no warning and I've heard nothing from anyone and I've been so damn worried. And why the hell didn't you call me?"

"I didn't have a cellphone I could use."

"And when you got back?"

"I'm sorry. I wanted to surprise you in person." I say and he nuzzles his forehead into my neck.

"I was so, so damn worried about you. Also, you know that letter you wrote? It literally scared the out of me. Don't ever pull that 'if you're reading this I'm dead' kind of bull again. I don't remember the last time I was this mad."

"Sorry. But I'm here now, right?"

"If you fail your exam after missing a month of school you can't blame me. It's your own damn fault."

"You and I both know that just because it's my fault, that doesn't mean I won't blame you."

He laughs out of disbelief. "I forgot how much I hated you."

"Hey. You may hate me, but you hate all of your other students way more."

"True." He sighs. "Okay. Take some papers so the students don't think I was doing anything bad."

"You were hugging me... isn't that bad? I'm like pretty sure teachers aren't supposed to do that."

"Shut up or I'll give you detention."

"I ing dare you to try. Yoongi will think I've been kidnapped and will make your life a living hell."

"Like you're doing now?" He sighs as he opens the door.

"Well, someone has to keep you in line." I mutter and he rolls his eyes.

~~~~~~~

I skip the rest of my classes to be in his office, and he cancels his.

"I'm like 90% sure you can't cancel classes just because you feel like it and I'm even more sure you're not supposed to encourage my skipping."

"Shut up." He smiles and hands me a cup of coffee. "Do you have any idea how much I missed you?"

"Well, going off of the idea that this is some kind of twisted story that my life is playing out, I'm gonna say a lot."

"You don't gotta call it out like that."

"Aren't you an English teacher? Shouldn't you be grammatically correct?"

"Shouldn't you be grammatically correct?" He copies me in a higher pitched voice. "Don't be a brat."

" you too."

"That's rude as hell. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth?"

"No, but I do d-"

A knock on the door stops our bantering.

"You better hope they didn't hear that."

"Hey, it's your job on the line, not mine." I smile at him.

"You ." He mumbles as he opens the door and looks around.

As his back is turned, a note flies through the window and onto my lap.

Hide.

I slip it frantically in my pocket as he turns around. "No one was there."

"That's odd." I say casually.

"What's really odd is your fashion choices-"

"No, you just don't have good tastes."

~~~~~~~

Jin offered to buy me dinner, but I had to decline. Mom really wanted to make me dinner, and after that there would be family bonding and such. And paperwork, according to Yoongi. Lots of it.

Plus I still have that note in my pocket. I need to figure out what I want to do. Do I stay here? Or do I meet up with them?

"You're thinking about something." He puts his hand on my knee and watches me.

"I guess I am." I smile softly and look at him before looking at the floor. "How can you tell?"

"Your eyes get this distant look, like you're a mile away. It's not hard to determine you're thinking of things far bigger than 'did you ever feel threatened when you were in custody?'" He reads from the sheet.

"I didn't. And I guess you're right."

"I am about a lot of things. Not everything."

"Name one thing you're not right about."

"I fell in love with someone. That's wrong."

"That's not wrong Yoongi. That's good. I happy for you." It hurts a little, but I smile.

"No, it isn't. I work with this person. I'm not allowed to like them. And even more, my father would never approve."

"I didn't think you and your father were on good terms anyways."

"Well, it doesn't help that he's my boss."

"I guess it wouldn't." I reply gently. "Can I ask who she is?"

"You can." He shrugs. "Doesn't mean I'll tell you."

"I guess so." I sigh. "The next question is a no too."

"Okay. What were your lodgings like? Also, I love you." He said it as casual as if he was asking if he could have a grape from the bowl in front of us.

I stare at him, not sure if I heard him correctly.

"What?"

"Can you repeat that?"

"What were your lodgings like?"

"After that."

"What?"

"Before that."

"Okay."

"Yoongi please." I put my hand on the table. "Don't be difficult. I'm not sure what I heard and I want to make sure."

"I love you." He says softly, looking at me.

I swallow heavily. "Okay. Thank-you."

And then we continue with work. Almost like nothing happened.

~~~~~~~~~~~

I open the paper in silence.

Train station. Sunday. 3:00am. Bring whatever you need.

I stare at it.

Sunday is only 5 days away. That doesn't give me a lot of time to decide.

I hope I don't make a mistake.

I crumple the paper quickly as my door opens slightly. "Y/N? You awake?"

"Jimin? What are you doing here?" I ask standing and sliding the paper into my pockets.

"Can we go outside, please?"

"Yeah, of course." He extends his hand and I take it happily. It reminds me of when I finally started to trust him and he and I would spend hours alone together.

We sit on the grass, and my head naturally finds its spot on his lap right away.

"Do you remember when we first met?"

"I thought you were going to kill me."

"I thought you were going to kill me." He says back and we laugh.

"It feels like a lifetime ago."

"Well, we have been busy."

I move my eyes from the stars to his face. Even from below, his chin is sharp and his eyes sparkle.

He really is handsome.

"I'm glad you're with us now." I take his hand.

"Me too. But our time together is probably very temporary."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you're back. They're going to ship you off to Africa or something soon, I know it. They can't risk having the A.S.C. suddenly changing their minds again. I mean, they've been hunting you for years, kept you for a few months and then just decided they don't want you? I don't buy it. They're planning something, and they want the government to let down their guard."

"I never realized you were such a smart kid."

"Not everyone can miss first period English almost everyday and still keep a 90%."

"I still can't believe you used to try and miss the only class I tried my best to be there for. Do you have any idea of how many times I went to any of my other classes? Probably 3 times since we've moved."

"They probably think you're a druggie."

"Who says I'm not?" I ask with a smile and he gives me a playful slap on the arm.

"OK, Ms. I-Get-Tired-After-A-Sip-Of-Wine-On-Christmas-Eve."

"I don't have to be a good drinker to be a good druggie."

"You keep telling yourself that." He laughs and rolls his eyes. "That Advil must be really kicking in!"

"Advil is too weak for me." I pretend to flip my hair. "I take Tylenol now."

We laugh again. It's so nice to be alone with Jimin. I can forget about all the stupid bull going on between Tae and Namjoon and the A.S.C. and even Yoongi.

"Um, Y/N, do you like anyone?" He asked shyly.

"I'm not really sure right now. Why?"

"Um, I was just thinking... because... um."

"Do you like someone?" My eyes go wide. "Park Jimin! Tell me!"

He falls silent and I sit back up, pushing him onto the grass and grabbing his hands. I straddle him and put his hands over his head. I hold them with one hand and hold my other threateningly. "Tell me or I'll tickle you."

"I dare you to try." He says back and so I start.

"Haha- Y/N- cut it out!"

"Tell me." I stop, looking at him.

He takes my pause as an opportunity to flip us so he's on top, now ready to tickle me. I could easily flip us back over, but I don't. He and I both know that in a game of tactics, I would win. But I don't want to hurt him with the aggressive manners of my training.

So I sit there and laugh as he tickles me for revenge.

"Jimin... please!"

"Say sorry!" He says, but is smart enough to not stop.

"Sor-"

"Can you two keep it down?" A window opens and a voice yells down. "Some of us are trying to sleep."

"Oh, Markie." I look up at him.

"Jimin, I'm happy to have Y/N home too, but some of us actually have plans to make it to first period on time tomorrow!"

"That was rude." I mumble. "It's not like we don't try."

Jimin smiles. "Sorry hyung~!"

Mark grumbles bad things about us under his breath as he shuts his window.

We giggle and he lies down next to me on the grass. "Nice use of hyung- he loves that."

"I saved you so you don't have to call him oppa. You're welcome."

"Oh Jimin, my hero! How on earth will I ever make it up to you?"

"Well, I have something in mind."

"Okay?" I ask him curiously.

"I need to talk to you."

"You don't have to cash in a favour for that."

"No, Y/N. I... I love you."

"I love you too, Jiminie."

"No. You don't. I mean... I love you."

"I'm not sure I understand, Jimin."

"I love you."

"I don't understand what you mean- I love you too, but-"

"No. Not like how we have for years." He won't look at me. "In the... other way."

"Oh." I say softly.

Oh.

"Yeah."

"Oh." I nod slowly. "I... uh, get why that's different now."

"Thanks." He mumbles. "I just... I mean, we're not actually brother and sister. No matter what we tell ourselves. And I really wanted you to know. Just in case."

"Thank you for telling me, Jimin. I just have a lot of other things I'm managing right now."

"I understand. I didn't want an answer right now. In fact, I don't think I'm ready for one right now. Even though you know, can we still be... us?"

"Of course." I say, and he wraps his arms around me.

"Thank god." He smiles softly at me. "That means a lot to me."

Okay, so new list of problems.

A.S.C. Namjoon. Taehyung. Jimin. Yoongi. Yoongi 2.0.

But we haven't even scratched the surface as to his real potential.

Or my real danger.
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Oh thank god I'm done. Now we're finally up to date with the youtube episodes, meaning no more spam. I'm assuming all of you are new to this series that are currently subscribed, so I'll let you know that I upload on sundays and the text editions will be up right after the actual ones air. There's also just 2 parts left, including the finale. And then, after that, there will be a marathon every single day of each member's respective endings.

Thank you to everyone who has subscribed and dealt with like 600 notifications of me updating, I really appreciate it!

~The Fanfic Train