Hoseok's Backstory

Amnesia

My parents were killed in the line of duty.

 

I was told that that was the highest honor they could ever hold.

 

I had to work harder than everyone else for my position in the agency.

 

When I was first promoted to Yoongi's team, I thought I was lucky. A rookie in the field, yes, but a combat expert nonetheless. Sure, I was about as much of an underdog as you can be in the team, but I was still thrilled.

 

I was important.

 

I had heard the stories- Yoongi would beat anyone to the brink of death if you crossed him. But I wasn't too worried. I've always been good at taking orders.

 

I slowly worked my way up the ranks, finally weaseling my way into second command. There were quite a few times I would be in trouble, and he would "put me in my place".

 

I'm sitting at a meeting he was supposed to attend, but skipped. I'm just taking notes.

 

"Alright, onto our next operation... All of you have heard about the international case, right? The one about Y/N."

 

Y/N? I've never heard about her before. This is either a very new case, or very elite.

 

The looks around the room turn grave. People seem to know about her. Must be an old case.

 

The case file is passed around, and I take a quick glance at it. She's a refugee, hunted by an agency that the government really doesn't know much about but has collaborated with in the past.

 

We don't even know what their name means.

 

The file describes that the A.S.C doesn't disclose a lot of information, but gets the job done quickly and quietly.

 

Even if it's just making people disappear.

 

They're not government owned, but rather operate like your average business. It's just that we trust them. Well, trusted. Their willingness to resort to crime and the fact they've suddenly gone rogue is worrying.

 

I pass the file to the person next to me so it can make its way around the table as the directer continues his debrief.

 

"As you can assume, she's going to be hiding in Seoul for the next while. We've already assigned a couple of members to the team, but any of you can join. The only requirement is more than ten years of service."

 

There is silence around the room. No one wants her.

 

"Sir? May I?" I say after a long pause.

 

"Hoseok... my only concern is that your talent will be wasted on her. However... you haven't ever been undercover, and this would be a great chance for you to gain some experience. Talk to me after the meeting."

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

I feel like a kid with a brand new toy as I go home that night, holding an elaborate description of her case. I read it deep into the night, trying to learn more about her.

 

And when I think I'm done, I turn the page and see written reports of every interview done with her, starting from her first accident.

 

"And you don't know what they want from you?"

 

"For the last time, no. I just came to my senses while I was running. I don't remember anything."

 

"Well, what about their faces-"

 

"I don't know anything, okay?!"

 

There were several incident reports after that, followed by more interviews. I could practically see as she grew more distant- almost less effected by what was going on.

 

It hurts my heart. This poor girl had lived through so much, and was turning away from the only people who could help her.

 

She was supposed to have her flight land in a few hours, with us starting training in the next two days.

 

This is when the new section of my life would begin.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Y/N stuck to me like glue for the first couple days of practice, which was just fine with me. It gave us plenty of time to bond.

 

As I gave her a quick five minute break, she wipes sweat off her brow with a towel. "So, what's Yoongi's deal?"

 

"You guessed it. Rich kid, heir to the empire. Never worked for a cent."

 

"I just don't like how he can push you all around. It bugs me. I'm not really sure, but it feels very... personal."

 

"We can't exactly help it, Y/N. He's our boss. Besides, it's not like he's hurting you. You don't have to worry about us."

 

"I don't like inequality. Namj-" she instantly freezes.

 

"What?"

 

"I don't know. I was just about to say a name but I lost it. I hate living this way." She sighs.

 

"You were talking about someone's inequality with a name that starts with Nam?"

 

"Nothing." She shakes her head. "Sorry. You'll get used to this. I'll get very close to remembering something and then it'll disappear."

 

She rubs her temple in pain.

 

"Headache?" I ask, knowing she's prone to them from her file.

 

"Yeah." She groans. "I'm sorry, I need to sit down."

 

"I understand. I'll walk you to the bench."

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

I was in the middle if eating takeout when I get a call on my cellphone.

 

"Hey Hobi. It's uh... it's Y/N. Is there anyway I can stay at your place tonight?"

 

"Yeah... but can I ask why?"

 

"Well, things are tense at home. Mom is mad because I didn't tell her about my plans for the future. Jimin and Mark... god, I don't even want to think about what they're doing. The last I heard they were ready to rip out each other's throats."

 

"Here, I'll start my motorcycle and come get you."

 

"Um, I'm actually already about half way there. I couldn't stick around."

 

"Y/N, it's dark out. It's not safe for a young woman to be out alone at this time-"

 

"I'll be there in a minute. No worries. I can see your house already."

 

"Did you pack things?"

 

"No, I, uh, I didn't. Can I borrow some stuff?"

 

"Yeah. Let yourself in when you get here. I'll start getting you some clothes to change into."

 

~~~~~~~~

 

We ended up watching a movie, the two of us close on my couch for warmth. She had her feet tucked to the side, wearing only one of my oversized white shirts.

 

With the two of us sitting side by side the long way, it ended up being slightly squishy, but I didn't mind. At some point, she snuggled into me and rested her head on my shoulder.

 

My heart melted.

 

When people get hurt as much as she's been, they distance themselves. And yet...

 

I look down on her face and notice she's fallen asleep. I want nothing more than to shut my eyes and join her, but instead I carefully lift her and bring her to my room. I place her gently under my covers, pulling them over her shoulders. I'm about to leave to find somewhere to crash on the couch, but I can't leave her.

 

Not without one last thing. I lean forward and kiss her forehead.

 

"Goodnight, my Y/N."

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

It's still his birthday here in Canada, so happy birthday Hobi! <3

 

Lol but sorry for all the spam. I'm trying to get the text version to date with the video versions, so now that I've sat down to upload them all expect a lot of updates withing the next 15 minutes. (I think there's 25 parts currently on youtube, so there'll only be like 15 more tops)