Jin's Ending

Amnesia

As I'm forced to make a split decision, I think of everyone I have to leave. Jungkook. Jimin. Yoongi. Hoseok. Mom. Mark. Jin.

 

Jin.

 

Oh god, how can I leave him? I freaking broke his arm and he praised me for it for weeks. Good friends are harder to make and even harder to keep.

 

Jin and I are close because of so much more than circumstance. There's not many people I can talk to and say whatever the hell I want. With Jin I do that and some more.

 

Yes, he confessed to me... and I'm not sure of my feelings, but... he's just a perfect match to my personality.

 

In the moments I'm doubting myself, Yoongi grabs me and shoots Tae in the leg.

 

"Don't!" I exclaim, hitting the gun out of his hand. I give Tae a nod, telling him to run while he can. He listens.

 

"Y/N, what the hell is going on?"

 

"It's a really, really long story and I can't tell it now." I explain.

 

"One second, you're sick in bed and the next no one can reach you and you're missing!" He says. "It goddamn better be a long story!"

 

I tumble into him as the building shakes again.

 

"I thought those idiots could aim!" He hissed. "Why on earth does the A.S.C. have so many cans of compressed oxygen?"

 

"I don't recall it being used as an explosive." I say as he pulls me down the hall to safety. "But the A.S.C. does have a remarkable medical system."

 

"Your attitude is not appreciated at this moment." We stop as we hit a stairwell, where several A.S.C. agents meet us halfway.

 

"Tuck." He says quickly to me.

 

"What?"

 

"Tuck!" I listen as he tosses me, pulling my arms over my face and my knees to my chest.

 

I feel glass shatter as my back hits it, and I hit the ground shortly with a groan. I roll from the force, stopping a couple feet from where I originally landed covered in glass shards and pain.

 

Yoongi hops out after me, equally as damaged from the fall.

 

Medical personnel rush to my side, lifting me carefully and supporting me.

 

I look over, and Yoongi has the same amount crowding him- but he just gestures in my direction and shoos them off.

 

Most do as he says, coming to assist me, but two or so follow after him and insist on helping.

 

I shut my eyes as I am lifted into the back of an ambulance. We aren't moving, I have enough sense to know that- but I'm still treated all the same.

 

~~~~~~~

 

I'm covered in a heavy blue blanket, and I stare into a cup of hot chocolate as I wait. The gun fire stopped about fifteen minutes ago, but it feels like hours.

 

Hoseok came and sat with me, just like the last time I went into shock.

 

This seems to be a recurring trend. Traumatic events seem to me up pretty good.

 

My mom was here earlier, but Mark and Jimin weren't allowed. Teens were apparently too destructive. Adults only.

 

"Y/N. Hey. Look at me." I snap out of my daze as someone begins touching my face gently.

 

"Ah- Jin!" I notice him and feel instant relief.

 

"I'm sorry I couldn't get here sooner. I wasn't allowed to leave work even though I kept telling them it was an emergency-"

 

"Don't worry."

 

"Why are you still here? It doesn't make sense for you to have gone to the hospital and come back. They should've just taken you home afterwards."

 

"I haven't been to the hospital. I've been here the whole time."

 

"But you're... excuse me, can I get a doctor!" Jin called.

 

"Hey, stop. I'm fine. Some nurses took care of me."

 

"You're still bleeding in some places. I'm worried about you."

 

"I promise I'll live." I roll my eyes. "Drama queen."

 

"You were just in a building where several people were shot and killed. I have the right to be concerned."

 

"I fell out of a window. Big deal."

 

"Actually, that is." He put a hand on my cheek, running his thumb over a scab on my forehead. "This better not scar, or I'll be mad. Seriously."

 

"Y/N- ah, am I interrupting something?" Yoongi stops when he sees our position.

 

"No."

 

"Yes." I shoot him a glare of disapproval, which he ignores.

 

"Um, I just wanted to let you know that while we won't make you leave Seoul, as a precaution we'd like you to move out of your house and find somewhere safer to stay. So you'll be staying with Hoseok until it's all sorted out, okay?"

 

"And how much longer does she have to wait before she can do that?"

 

"What do you mean?"

 

"She's been waiting in the back of this ambulance for hours now. How much longer will she have to wait before he takes her somewhere safe?" Jin fights him and I fall silent.

 

I do really want to leave. But fighting Yoongi really won't solve anything.

 

"... I'm not entirely sure."

 

"I'm taking her now then. She'll be staying in my flat with me." He says. "Y/N. Come."

 

"Ah, Jin-"

 

"Y/N." He says again and I know enough to obey.

 

I give Yoongi an apologetic glance as I'm dragged off. He sighs and won't look at me. I know he feels guilty. He really shouldn't have left me out there that long, but there's only so much he could have done.

 

I think.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

"First thing is first." He sighs as he locks the front door and ushers me inside. "You need a hot bath and new clothes. I'll show you my bathroom while I figure out what I own that might fit you."

 

"Thanks." I say, and when he opens the door for me he opens a cupboard as well and hands me a towel.

 

"If you're okay, I'm just going to throw out this outfit." He says, gesturing to your clothes. "They're filled with holes and tears from your fall."

 

"I guess you're right. I can't really wear these anymore." I sigh.

 

"Get undressed and pass them to me through the door. There should be some more feminine bath scents and stuff under the sink from when my mom last visited."

 

"Thanks." I say softly, and shut the door.

 

Close to an hour later, after a sweet smelling rose bath, I step out of the bathroom. My hair is up in a towel and I've wiped off all the water I could.

 

"Jin?" I step into his bedroom. "Can I get some clothes to change into?"

 

He looks over at me and freezes. His eyes scan me, particularly at my face and legs.

 

"Jin?" I ask, stepping closer.

 

He instantly jerks his gaze away from me and flushes bright red. "Sorry. I got you this." He won't look at me, but hands me a set of warm looking clothes.

 

"Thanks Jin. I'll be changing then."

 

"Okay." He nods.

 

~~~~~~~

 

"Okay. You sleep here. If you need anything, I'll be on the couch." He gestures to his bed.

 

"You shouldn't sleep on the couch because of me." I frown.

 

"Y/N, I am a man. I dare not risk giving myself the opportunity to do something I don't mean."

 

"I really don't think that'll be that big of a problem."

 

"It is. Trust me. When you got out of the shower earlier... I won't get into details, but my head went to a dark place."

 

"So you can restrain yourself. Meaning we can sleep together."

 

"I can only hold back so much."

 

"And I trust you to hold back the right things." I promise.

 

"Did you just...?" He looks at me and then at his crotch.

 

"No- well, yes I guess..."

 

He laughs at me. "Man, our whole dynamic has been so weird since I accidentally confessed."

 

"A lot of ."

 

"Don't say things like that."

 

"We were both thinking it."

 

"Some things are inside thoughts. Please remember that I am a grand 5 years older than you. Please remember that I am your teacher."

 

"But what would 5 years mean if we were 40 and 45?" I ask him and he looks at me.

 

"Don't say things like that. It would be bad if you and I were to start to think that way." He says.

 

"But would it really be that bad?"

 

"Yes, Y/N. It's incredibly illegal for me to touch you in anyway, and if the school were to discover that I even liked you, I'd be fired."

 

"But what if it were to be consensual?" I ask.

 

"Y/N." He gives me a threatening look. "I really don't like where this is going. Go to bed. I won't let myself get fired."

 

"Okay. Goodnight Jin." I stand and walk over to him, and grab his wrist and pull him down to my level.

 

"Because you were a English teacher." I say before I lean in and kiss him.

 

Oh, I definitely like him. People always mention that spark when you touch the person you like. It's only a brief second before I pull away, but I wish I had stayed longer.

 

I open my eyes and let go, but something has changed in Jin's eyes.

 

He lifts me with his hands, which makes my eyes widen from his strength. He tosses me onto his bed, and climbs on top of me. He's giving me plenty of time to stop him.

 

I don't.

 

"You shouldn't tempt something I've kept restrained for such a long time, Y/N."

 

"I don't want you to keep it restrained anymore." I say softly.

 

He laughs at that, burying his head into the crook of my neck. "Do you want to hurt me? You're giving me everything I've ever wanted, but I just can't have you."

 

"I would think that as an English teacher, you would know the difference between can't and shouldn't."

 

He looks at me, pulling away. "Are you saying that you want... this?"

 

I can't speak. I just nod.

 

He leans in, pressing his lips to mine again. My heart starts to race a hundred beats a minute- oh Jin, how do you do this to me?

 

I don't know how long we spend in that bed, kissing and talking and holding each other. There's a lot of fear in our conversations- how will we handle our future and such. But we leave it in our current moment.

 

We cuddle tighter as I start to drift off. Jin hasn't let go of me once since we got up here, and I can tell he doesn't intend to until at least tomorrow morning.

 

But I don't mind.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

It's been two years, and I'm still (for whatever reason) allowed to live with Jin in his apartment.

 

We've finally decided to tell our parents, which will surely be... interesting. I go home alone, as they already know Jin. That, and he was too scared to see their reactions.

 

"Hi honey!" She smiles as she sees me, pulling me into a hug.

 

"Hi mom." I smile back. "I'm sorry this is such a quick visit, but I'm meeting... well, my boyfriend's parents at dinner tonight."

 

"You have a boyfriend and you didn't tell me? Y/N!" She scolds and hits my arm.

 

"It's... well kind of a long story."

 

"And I expect to hear it." She sighed. "Come. I'll get you tea."

 

We sit in the lunchroom and I start talking. "Okay, before you freak out when I tell you who it is, remember that I'm 20 and I've graduated, and there's only a 5 year difference which really isn't that bad." I speak quickly and she narrows her eyes.

 

"Who is it?"

 

"Um, do you remember Jin?"

 

"Y/N!" She hits my leg. "He is not 25! He's like 30!"

 

"No, he's 25! Really mom! And he's very good to me, and we haven't done anything you wouldn't approve of and he's making me finish school before we talk about anything other than what we currently have-"

 

"You're rambling. Take it slow. Tell me everything."

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

"Babe, are you ready?"

 

"I ing hate lady stilts." I hiss as he looks at me.

 

"You look good. Not like you, but good." He sighs.

 

"What's that supposed to mean?"

 

"The Y/N I know would never be caught dead in... ahem, 'lady stilts'."

 

"Or a dress, or makeup, or proper hair-"

 

"I get it." He rolls his eyes with a smile. "And I really appreciate the effort you're putting in."

 

"Well, you're going to have to do the same. My mother was not done with her questions when I left. She's insisting I bring you home at some point so she can meet you as something other than my homeroom."

 

"Please don't mention the time I was teaching you." He shivers.

 

"At least we didn't get caught." I point out as he helps me down the stairs.

 

"We got close. I'm still mad about the time we were in my office and you kissed me."

 

"You were being cute. Besides, it was only Mrs. Roxberry, and she's as blind as a bat."

 

"We had no way of knowing who it was though." He responds as I get into his car with him.

 

"Would a kiss make you not mad?" I ask.

 

"A kiss is what made me mad." He frowns.

 

"Okay, but now this is legal-ish." I point out.

 

He sighs and points to his cheek. I lean in and sweetly peck him.

 

He reaches his right hand out, and I take it as we pull out from the parking lot.

 

When we arrive, my jaw drops. "Jin, why didn't you tell me you're from THE Kim family?"

 

"It never really came up." He shrugs.

 

"Wait, if you're so rich then why do you live in such a dingy apartment?"

 

"It's not dingy."

 

"It's kind of dingy." I say.

 

"Okay, so it's dingy. It's home."

 

"Okay, I'm expecting a nice ring for coming to meet your family then." I smile and roll my eyes.

 

"Sore spot." He looks away.

 

"Sorry Jin." I put my hand on his knee. "You know I'm kidding. Your apartment isn't that bad either. It's cozy for the two of us. If I really hated it, I would have said something earlier." I say and he looks at me.

 

"I know." He sighs. "You've always been outspoken."

 

"Okay. Shall we?" I gesture to head inside. "We don't want to be tardy."

 

As we get out, I start thinking. "You know... we will have to sell the apartment and move into a house eventually. There's just not enough space for us to raise kids-"

 

"Hey. I told you, we don't talk about marriage until you finish university."

 

"Am I still allowed to ask for an engagement ring as a graduation gift?"

 

"Of course." He says.

 

"Good." I smile back, and he comes to my side.

 

"Smile." He says and I listen. He takes his thumb and rubs some lipstick off my teeth. "There. Now you're perfect."

 

"Well, I don't know much about rich people, so not really. Do you think Mummy brought the caviar?" I ask.

 

He laughs and rolls his eyes. "Don't talk like that when we get inside. But yes, mummy probably did bring the caviar."

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

"So, Y/N, what do you do?"

 

"I'm actually currently studying for a bachelor's in kinesiology." I say.

 

"You're still in school?" His father raises an eyebrow.

 

"You must be a lot younger than our son, aren't you?"

 

"I'm twenty." I say. "But with all due respect, I don't believe my age to be a determining factor as to whether or not I'm a suitable match for your son."

 

His brother, who had been sitting across the table from us had taken a big drink of water as I began to speak and starting coughing it up.

 

"Oh my god, Seokjin where did you find this one?"

 

"I'm not entirely sure." He rubs his face, but I can see that it's to hide a smile.

 

"Um, so you're taking kinesiology courses. Are you planning to be a doctor?"

 

"I was thinking I'd like to be a personal trainer."

 

His brother starts shooting Jin looks, to which he smiles and shrugs.

 

"Y/N has always been interested in physical exercise. We decided this would probably be where she is happiest."

 

"She sounds like your polar opposite."

 

"I exercise." He says defensively.

 

"Not enough. How you keep those shoulders is a miracle to me." I say.

 

"Even she thinks you should go out more, Seokjin." His mother says, and his hand under the table curls into a fist.

 

Oh, this so explains the whole 'don't call me Seokjin' thing.

 

I carefully move my hand under the table, aiming to not get caught by his family. I take his hand in mine, massaging it loose and comforting him.

 

He wraps his hand around mine, and I squeeze it tightly for comfort.

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

"Bye Seokjin. It was good to see you." His mother gives him a hug.

 

"Lovely meeting you as well, Y/N." He smirks at me.

 

"You too." I bow lightly.

 

As we get into his car again, Jin ruffles his hair.

 

"I'm sorry if I stressed you out at dinner. I didn't like how they were being condescending and I wasn't going to let them treat us like that."

 

"It's fine. My brother found it funny at least. Thanks for coming." He sighs. "It was important they met you before we get engaged."

 

"Hey, no engagement until I graduate." I say, imitating him from only hours before.

 

He laughs. "I love you. You cause me endless suffering, but I can't imagine my life without it."

 

"That's what marriage is about." I say as he pulls out of the property.

 

"Jin." I say, holding my hand out.

 

"What?" He asks, glancing at me before looking back to the road.

 

I sigh, reaching over and pulling his right hand off of his lap and intertwining our fingers.

 

"It's like a second seatbelt. You're not allowed to drive me anywhere without it." I say, and he smiles.

 

"Even if my mother was in the back seat?"

 

"Especially if she was in the back seat. She needs to know I'm not going anywhere."

 

He laughs.

 

"You know, you and I are either going to be the most kick couple ever or we're going to get divorced after a week."

 

"I don't think the second is really our problem. We're already living together and there really hasn't been many problems." I point out.

 

"So kick , then."

 

"I guess so."

 

My phone rings and I groan.

 

"It's my mother."

 

"You can answer it." He gestures to do so.

 

"Hi mom." I put it on speaker so Jin can hear.

 

"Hi baby, is Jin there?"

 

"Did you call me just to speak to Jin?"

 

"That wasn't my question."

 

"Yes he is. We're driving home from dinner with his parents and you're on speaker."

 

"Hello Mrs. L/N." He says.

 

"Oh, hello Jin! I was calling because I wanted to arrange a day when the two of you could come over."

 

"Weekdays don't really work, but we tend to be free weekends." I say.

 

"Mrs. L/N, what works for you?"

 

"Yah, don't call me that. Call me mom. You two have been together for a while now, so there's no need for formality."

 

"If you wish, mom." He looks at me. I shrug. My mom always has been overly welcoming- she adopted her son's friend for Pete's sake.

 

"Are you free Saturday?" She asks

 

"I think-"

 

"Yah! Y/N! I'm talking with my son in law right now. Quiet." I bite my lip.

 

"Did you say something to her?" Jin gives me a look.

 

"Nope. She made that up on her own."

 

"Son, you should propose soon. When Y/N came and saw me today she told me so many wonderful things about you. That and it sounds like you're the only person who can keep her in line. Did you know, when she was younger, she used to take her dolls and-"

 

"Okay! Bye mom! We'll see you Saturday! Love you!" I quickly hang up.

 

"What did you do to those dolls?" He asks with a smile.

 

"Nothing, Son." I roll my eyes.

 

"You know, when we're married I'm going to hear all of your embarrassing stories."

 

"Jin, I know it's important to you that I finish school, and I will, no matter what. There's no way that we can continue to sustain ourselves off of a teacher's salary to cover food, rent, and my tuition. But more than anything, I really, really want to get married."

 

"I know." He says softly. "Y/N, I want to marry you too. I don't want to live without you." We arrive at the parking section of his apartment.

 

"And you won't." I say, squeezing his hand before letting go so he can park the car safely.

 

When he's done, I take off my seatbelt and start to get out, but I'm stopped by his hand.

 

"Wait. I have something for you." He says, pulling a small box out of his pocket.

 

I eye it intensely. "I thought you said that I had to..."

 

"And you do." He says gently. "Open it. It's not what you think."

 

I slowly open it and see two matching silver bands.

 

"I know it bothers you we don't have rings yet." He says. "I mean, in today alone, how many times have we talked about it? I know you worry about it a lot, so I thought that promise rings would be a good medium. You know, you still have to wait for graduation, but at least now you have something that will make you think of me."

 

"Jin, I'm sorry for pestering you do much-"

 

"You don't have to apologize. You're happy, right?"

 

"Yes." I admit, and he takes my ring from the box and slides it on my finger.

 

He reaches for his, but I take it first and he gives me his hand.

 

I slide it on, and look at him. He's staring at my face, and as we make eye contact he leans in and pecks me on the lips.

 

"Let's get inside so I can get out of this monkey suit. Besides, I want to spend the night with you all snuggled close."

 

I smile. "Lead the way."