Jimin's Ending

Amnesia

 

"Run!" I hiss to Taehyung.

"What? I'm not leaving you."

"If you stay, he'll either kill you or you'll be in jail for life! Go!" I hiss.

He looks at me for a few seconds before coming to an understanding. "I love you. Remember you can always come to me, no strings attached. New York, okay?" He says to me.

"I've got it. Now go!" He gives me one last glance before running down the hall.

"Y/N!"

Another explosion shakes the building and he runs into me, knocking us over as the ground gives out beneath us.

We both yelp in shock as we fall through to the floor below.

He's lying on top of me, and looks down at me with a smile. "Hey there."

"Get off. Now isn't the time." I push him.

"Are you suggesting there is a time?"

"Leave me alone." I roll my eyes. "Can't you see how screwed we are? I have no idea where we are and how to get out."

"I know where we are. I was scouting through here earlier."

"And is it good or bad?" I ask.

"Definitely not good. We are very much in a difficult spot. We had fortified everything behind me so that you and I could just walk out. You and I will have to cut through the big hall where everyone is shooting, because we can't go through any of the side rooms." He gestures to all the damage around us.

"Lovely." I grumble. "Are we at least near the entrance you came through?"

"Not at all. We're literally in the heart of the A.S.C." he says and I sigh.

"Put your hood up. Don't let anyone see your face. Unless Tae has run into people, no one will know we're not together still. It'll buy us some time at the least, and no one will shoot until they're 100% sure you're not him."

"And if that doesn't work?" He asks.

"Well, I hope you're a good runner." I say. "Come on. Hurry." We rush through the halls to try and find our way back to the main entrance.

"Y/N! V! What the hell are you doing? You should be in the plane getting ready to leave!" CL has spotted us and Yoongi instantly ducks his head and turns away, pretending to go through his pockets so she won't see him.

"The building is collapsing in certain spots. We were going up the east way and it got blocked. We have to try and reroute. You?" I look at Woozi, who is doubled over and clutching his stomach.

"I've been trying to look for someone who can mend him."

"Bullets ." He growls, but gives a weak smile.

"You've been shot?" My eyes widen. "Can I see?"

"It's best for him not to move too much. It'll just cause more pain and damage. But we were looking for you anyways. Is there anyway the two of you can take him on the plane with you? And then you can heal him after take-off while V flies."

"I don't need a seatbelt. I'm kind of desperate."

"If we take him with us, it'll be over half an hour before I can even glance at him." I say. "He won't make it."

"Oh, fantastic. I always wanted to die in an abandoned warehouse filled with enough data to get me sent to jail for life."

"Your sarcasm is not appreciated at this moment." CL frowns. "Can't you see that we're trying our best to save you?"

"V, I know you're very capable. Fly the plane to Japan and pick up a co-pilot from the branch head. Then take everything to NYC." I speak to Yoongi.

And I think that I've won. I've used the same trick I used on Tae, where I've given him a set of options but only one is smart.

He can't speak, or he'll give away he isn't Tae. And he can't do it silently because that will cause suspicion. The only thing he can do is nod and run off on his own.

I'll help Woozi, and then safely find my own way out. I've just won their game.

"Actually, we're not going to do that."

"What the actual-" her eyes widen as Yoongi flips back his hood and grabs my wrist as he breaks into a sprint.

"Yoongi? What the ?"

" you too Woozi!"

"I'm sorry Woozi! I did my best!" I call back as we darted through the big doorway.

", hide!" He pushes me behind several boxes as we come in. There are people everywhere.

"We're going to stealth as much as we can. And then when I tell you, sprint for it. Okay?"

The door we just came through opens, CL practically carrying Woozi as he wheezes and clings to her. They speak to a couple guards, and the first grabs Woozi and easily lifts him.

"Stop worrying about that kid. He's getting medical help. Besides, he totally kidnapped you." Yoongi hisses to me. "Can't you pay more attention to what's going on out in the fight? I'm looking for an opening. He's just some kid."

"He's more than just some kid." I turn to him. "He's a friend."

"And his life means nothing to us right now. Can you focus?"

"What do you mean by that? His life matters. These people... they're dying, because of you, because of me- how do they not matter?" I'm on the brink of tears, but I'm boiling with anger.

"If they die, the world will continue." He rolls his eyes.

"You and I see the world very differently."

"We're different people."

"And somehow, I just think you've confirmed that we are not going to work out."

"What?"

"You confessed to me- and I'm turning you down. I need someone who is compassionate and warm. You are neither."

His gaze softens. "Y/N-"

We both instantly shut up as someone else ducks for cover behind the boxes, back to us.

He's not uniform, meaning he's no agent. Must be an A.S.C. guard.

Yoongi moves to tackle him, but I signal against it. 'Maybe he'll just leave if we don't move?' I mouth to him shrug.

He gives me a look that says 'seriously?' Right as the man turns around.

"Y/N! Thank god you're okay!" GD tackles me into a hug. "Have you seen Rain?" His worried face inspects me.

"He's not with you?"

"He went to go get information from Namjoon and never came back." He bites his lip, worried. "He really hasn't seen you?"

"I'm sure he's just busy." Yoongi says dryly, mad we forgot about him.

"Who's he?" His eyes narrow.

"Not important." He says.

"You must be new. I'm glad you and I are having this talk, because no one else would be this nice. I'm on the alpha squad, and alpha members are elite-"

"Uh oh." Yoongi mutters as guards leave CL, one headed straight to Namjoon and others spreading out across the room. "We need to go."

"Do you have your gun, just in case, Yoongi?"

"Yeah." He nods.

"Yoongi? Wait, you don't mean-" his eyes widen as he make the connection and reaches for his gun.

"Now!" He hisses to me and we jump over GD.

We run past bodies and blood, but we don't stop. We don't hide. Guards are following us, following me- but we don't stop.

I don't stop when I feel the bullet hit me. I don't stop when I'm outside.

I only stop when there's a warm embrace around me, with a familiar voice whispering in my ear.

“It's okay. You're okay."

~~~~~~

I don't say anything on the ambulance ride. Mom is nagging me constantly as all the paramedics are up front. They all insisted in coming- Jimin hopped in first and refused to leave.

There wasn't enough seats either- so he insisted on sitting with me on the bed. We each take a belt strap, my back to his chest as we bump along.

They gave up on safety and just took us all.

I refused to let them remove the bullet in the car, despite the constant pain.

I want to remember this. I have shot guns before. I have hit people before.

I have made other people feel this way.

Because of Namjoon. Because of Tae. Because of Woozi. CL. GD. Rain.

We've all shot people before. The guilt has been sinking in for forever- as soon as I saw Jimin on the street I've started feeling terrible. About myself. About everyone. About everything I've ever done.

"Y/N, are you even listening to me?" My mom snaps. My mom, despite her endless love and care and support, is the scariest person when she's angry.

"I'm sorry." I say softly, and my voice cracks, which catches everyone off guard.

We're silent for a few minutes. They don't have any questions- I already told them everything.

Suddenly, Jimin leans forwards and carefully turns me so we're facing each other.

"It's in your left shoulder." he says and I tilt my head curiously.

"Yes, it is." I say as Mark and mom watch us intensely.

"In the library, when you and I got attacked that one time- I was shot in my left shoulder." He pulls up the corner of his sleeve to show me.

"Okay?" I tilt my head curiously.

"We're twinning."

"Jimin! That is incredibly inappropriate-" my mom starts to get him in trouble but I stop her.

"No... it's okay. It's funny." I give a small, small smile. It's all I can manage, but it eases a lot of tension.

He takes my hand and smiles at me, but I now see it as more than a family gesture.

He doesn't mean it that way. He's treating me like his girlfriend.

So I respond like one. I squeeze his hand tightly and he rubs my hand with his thumb.

He says nothing, but I know the boy well enough to read his mind. He'll want to talk later, and he's already figured out exactly how it’s going to happen.

I hope he'll be gentle.

~~~~~~~~~

"Mmm, Y/N, can you come here please?" Jimin calls as we finally arrive home after a late night. He's gone to the living room as I began climbing the stairs. We just spent several hours in the hospital, getting the bullet out and sealing my wound. We’re all exhausted.

"Jiminie, it's very late. We all should be getting to bed." My mom says.

"We'll only be a few minutes. Promise." He calls and she sighs and looks at me.

"I don't encourage fighting, but if he runs his yap too long you should just hit him and go to bed."

I smile softly. "Got it. Goodnight. Love you."

"We love you too. Now up, mom- let the kids play." Mark pushes her up the stairs and follows.

Well, isn't that odd. Mark loves to socialize- that's his thing.

I find Jimin by the back door, holding it open for me. I listen and step through, sitting cross legged on the grass. I see Jimin eyeing his spot, where his head should lie on my lap and my fingertips would run across his face, tracing every perfect little line.

And then I'd bring them up to his hair and they'd get helplessly woven in together as our lips would meet. His sweet taste would fill me as our mouths-

"You seem to be having a pretty thought." He comments, standing.

"Not the worst one I've had all week." I admit.

"That's not very difficult." He says. "You were shot earlier today."

"Fair." I shrug, and then pat my leg. "Come. Lie down."

"You're a little distracting when I'm in that position. I'd rather be attentive at the moment." He says, and I instinctively pout.

It's not my fault it feels weird that he's not on my lap. It's how we always sit- it's like I'm missing a part of me. A very attractive, funny, affectionate part of me.

In hindsight, he's everything I'm not. The perfect yin to my yang- I want him. He's right- we're not brother and sister in any way. How bad can this really be?

"Don't do that. You're going to make me take back what I said." He bites his lip and looks at the ground.

"Jiminie~!" I whine. "Please."

"I actually need to talk to you. You better not distract me." He warns as he gives in and lies down on the cool grass.

"I won't." My fingertips gently fall into his hair, running through it. "What do you want to talk about?"

"Y/N..." he says as a warning.

"Mm?" I ask, curiously as I lean in closer. "Something wrong?"

He watches me carefully. Kiss me. Do it. Kiss me Jimin.

All of the sudden, it's all I want. If only he could read minds.

Fine. I'm not shy. I'll deal with him.

I lean the final distance and press my lips to his. I can feel the few moments of shock as he registers what's happening. And then he understands, and he sits up quickly.

Uh oh. Did I just mess up? I really thought he liked me- unless he wanted to tell me he was wrong or something...

He turns back to face me and then pushes me into the grass as he straddles me.

Okay, I clearly didn't mess up. But this thought disappears as all I can think of is Jimin as he pulls me into another kiss. This one is intense and more romantic than the first- he weaves our fingers together and is gentle and caring.

Last time we were here, Mark told us to quiet down. This time, he says nothing.

~~~~~~~~

"Shouldn't you be packing?" He asks me under a week later.

"Shouldn't you be less of an ? I'm about to move, and here you are not caring at all."

He shrugs and I stretch.

"Can we not talk about the whole moving thing?" He says, clearly upset.

"I have to not care, since he cares enough for the both of us. Remember Jiminie, make the best use of the time we all have left with her. Take that how you will." He winks at Jimin and my jaw drops.

"I... what... how do you..."

"Shut your mouth, sister dear. You're trying to ask questions, not catch flies."

"Did you tell him?" I ask Jimin.

"He's just always known. I never had to."

"I'm just too good." He says. "I'm headed out for the night- Jungkook just flipped his car into a ditch. I'm getting him out then crashing at his place. Mom will be home at 2 as a warning. And be safe." All of the sudden, he flings a onto the table.

"Mark!" I exclaim, bright red.

"Shouldn't you be leaving?" He narrows his eyes.

"Babe, I'm already gone." He winks at us before leaving.

The two of us stare at the on the table.

"What should we do with it?" I mumble, not sure. He gives me a look, trying to read me.

"Not what I meant!" I turn even darker.

"We can just toss it-"

"And if mom finds it?" I ask as he reaches for it.

"I'm a teenage boy. I'm sure she's always been worried about finding worse. More than anything, I think she'll be glad it wasn't opened."

"We'll all be glad it wasn't opened." I reply.

"Well, except you. You'd love the way I could-"

"Jimin!"

"Sorry." He smiles sweetly. "What shall we do while we wait?"

"I think that America's Next Top Model is on soon."

"Absolutely not. Literally anything else."

~~~~~~~

When the front door opens, I grab his hand.

"Mom?" I call softly.

"Y/N? Hun, why are you still awake?"

"Would you mind coming here before you go to bed?" I ask.

"Baby what's wrong?" She asks as she enters the kitchen as sees Jimin.

"Jimin and I need to talk to you." I gesture to the other chair at the table.

"What's going on?" Her face becomes hard as she tries to read us.

"Sit down, mom." I say as Jimin stays deathly silent.

She slowly sits across from us. "Is this about the move?"

"Yes and no." Jimin says softly. "It's because of the move we're having this conversation, but that's where the correlation dies."

"Mom, Jimin and I... well, it's a long story."

~~~~~~~~

"Okay. I understand. I just have one question." She says when we're done explaining.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Why did you tell me this? You're moving in a couple of days, and I never would have been the wiser as to what happened."

"If possible, I'd like to get a part time job." He says, making us both look at him in confusion. "If I get one now, by the time I graduate I'll have enough money to buy a plane ticket to go and live with her."

"That's news to me- how long have you been planning to do that?" I ask, putting my hand on his knee.

"A couple of days- I've been trying to figure out what to do since you're leaving and that was what seemed best."

"I'll help you as well Jimin. My son or not, you are my responsibility. We'll start putting money aside." She says softly.

"Really???" We ask in synch.

"Anything for you." She smiles sweetly at him before glaring at me. "And you!"

"Huh?" My eyes grow wide as she snaps at me.

"Why didn't you tell your old mom that this was the boy that was chasing you? Yah, and you should've told me you liked Jiminie- don't tell me you don't like mom!" She pouts, and Jimin laughs next to me.

"How could she not like mom?" He asks with a smile.

"Yah, Jiminie, you should teach her some manners. This kid is so reckless and doesn't care about anything- Y/N, be more like Jimin-"

~~~~~~~

"Remind me why we decided to tell her when she got home from work?" I groan as I fall onto his bed and close my eyes.

He smiles at me. "Because I'll be gone for school before she wakes up and she'll leave again for work before I'm home. Besides, we didn't know she was going to scold you for three hours." He sits next to me, running his fingers across my cheeks.

"Will you really go to school though?" I open my eyes to see his staring back. "It's 5 and you and I haven't slept a wink."

"I think Jin will shoot me if I skip any more class."

"Shouldn't he understand that you want to spend your last fleeting moments with your sister?"

"You can't say that now they we're together." He scrunches his nose.

"I shouldn't say it."

"No, you can't."

"There's nothing holding me back- the word you're looking for is shouldn't as there is no reason as to why it's physically impossible-"

"I'll break up with you." He says warningly.

"And then you'll hate yourself in three days when I'm gone and we won't see each other for months."

"I hate when you're right." He sighs and my hand finds his cheek.

"I'm usually right, though."

"I know you are." His hand lays over mine. "What on earth am I going to do without you?"

"Make money so you can come see me. I'll be waiting." I hold his hand.

"Promise me you won't find a cooler, German boyfriend."

"I won't."

"Promise me."

"I promise I won't find a cooler, German boyfriend." I say.

"Thank you." He whispers.

"You should sleep if you want any hope of getting to school before the final bell." I start to get up.

"Okay. I'll sleep." He puts his hand on my stomach and keeps me sitting.

"Okay. Let me go then." I look at him curiously.

"I'll sleep if you stay." He says and I sigh.

"Jiminie, you and I both know we won't sleep much if I stay."

"Oh." He winks at me. "Is that what you want?"

"You ." I slap his arm. "Get into bed." I say as I pull the covers up on one end.

"Are you staying?"

"Will you behave?"

"I promise I'll behave."

"Then I'll stay with you." I say and he beams, pulling the covers up and opening his arms for me. I climb in, and snuggle into his chest.

"Goodnight, Y/N." He whispers, and I look at him before pecking his lips.

"Goodnight Jimin." I reply.

~~~~~~~~~

I fold my fingers together, urging myself to be patient. I've waited six months- the extra ten minutes he's spending at baggage claim shouldn't be so painful.

But all the same, I find my toe tapping impatiently as I stare out into the endless crowd of people filing through the gates.

So, my life right now. After Taehyung asked me to meet him in New York, which I clearly didn't, I moved and got a small apartment in Germany. Tae dropped by for a couple days, saying that he would cover for me once more and say that I had simply left of my own accord. Namjoon has my house phone number, and he calls when he misses me. It upsets him, but it's enough to keep him from hunting me down again.

Woozi has also dropped by every once and a while, coming with food and stories of why he's in Germany now and how he got here. We've reconnected since I moved away, and he takes every mission out here that he can get, and apparently has gotten into several fights with Tae over them.

And as for GD and Rain, they'll always be together. Two peas in a pod, never one without the other. Woozi says that even though they deny being in love, he's been convincing them to date. He's even gotten so far as GD saying Rain is "not awful".

I Skype home regularly, when I'm not at work. I graduated, received my high school diploma, and then ended up not going to college or university. When I turned 18, as a final gift, Hoseok managed to pull some strings as a personal trainer. I have several different clients that I teach and work with- I love it. I'm an adult making money doing what I do.

Yoongi and Hoseok don't talk to me much anymore. They've been reassigned to different Korean branches in the government that they work for. Our conversations are brief- typically a paragraph in an email that will be replied back and never heard from again. But they never forget my birthday or to send me a Christmas gift or to wish me happy Halloween.

Unlike someone. Park Jimin, not only having forgotten he had to pre-ship his girlfriend a gift for it to be there on time for Christmas, is now also late???

I look down and frown. He landed over an hour ago- he should be here. Doesn't he realize that every extra second he spends trying to remember if he packed the blue suitcase or the red one causes me great suffering?

He texted me over 45 minutes ago he was at baggage claim... how long does it take to walk through the gate and come see me? He went through customs in Korea!

My anger melts as I see his stupid, tiny, late, ignorant little head poke through the crowd. His gaze melts as he sees me and he pulls me into a tight hug.

"I missed you so much!"

"Well maybe you shouldn't have kept me waiting for so long!" I say but I'm smiling.

"I couldn't help it, the machine broke. My bag got caught in it- and it's really heavy. Do you mind if we head back to your place now, babe?"

Shivers run down my spine at his words, I reach for his bag but he pulls it away from me.

"Come on. I'll take you to my car."

~~~~~~~~~~

"You're coming home for Christmas, aren't you?"

"Yes mom." We say in unison as Jimin bounces our daughter on his lap.

"Yah, don't forget to bring toys for her. Grandma wants to play."

"Yes mom." We look at each other.

"Oh, and you should bring all your presents and we'll open them here, okay?"

"Yes mom."

We've been here for over an hour as she drills us on our lives. Our toddler looks at us, bored out of her mind. I promise her only a few more minutes and she pouts. Jimin tries to make it fun for her, bouncing and singing softly under his breath, but she is not having it.

"Mom, we should go. It's almost her bed time." Jimin says as she starts to wriggle in his grasp.

"We'll see you in a few days, okay? We love you!" I say.

"Bye honeys! Jimin, keep Y/N in line! Love you!"

"Always do mom. See you soon." He shuts off the monitor and our daughter runs out the room and heads to the playroom.

I stretch. "That took longer than expected."

"It's your mom. How often do we really get to see her?"

"Well, we Skype'd her three weeks ago, but we haven't seen her since the wedding."

"And now our daughter is three- do you have any idea of how your overprotective mother feels? Expect the scolding of your life."

I groan. "I hate getting scolded though."

"You like it when I scold you." He smirks.

"That's not so much scolding as it is punishment, dearest." I lean over and kiss his nose. "Come on. God knows what our daughter is doing alone."

"She's in the playroom." There's a familiar trickle of music as she turns on her favourite toy and begins to giggle. "Come on..." he rubs my back.

"Jimin." I say warningly.

"Y/N~!" He says softly and proddingly. "Let's go downstairs, have a glass of wine..."

I watch him silently as he takes my hand and starts to pull me down to the kitchen.

Work is hard for both of us. Not everyone shares my passion, and my clients lie to me. Jimin is stuck in an office job and we somehow manage to balance work so that one of us is always home for our daughter. We rarely see each other, but when we do we try and find time to spend time together.

We take our glasses of wine and sit on the back lawn, where he snuggles into my lap as he always does.

We're a pair, even if we rarely see each other. One of the few people I can trust- and now we're self-sufficient, living entirely off of our own skills. Feels good.

Being parents may have changed our lives, but it didn't change us. Jimin is still the sometimes childish, sometimes manly guy. And he's such a good father.

"Something wrong, babe?" He asks, and I realize I was staring.

"Sorry, I just zoned out." I apologize and he smiles.

"It's nice to know that I still have the love-stricken effect on you."

"Something like that." I smile and sip my wine.

"Don't tell me that you're thinking about something else- let me guess, these rock hard abs? The way my hands can touch you, or my hard, always ready c-"

"Mommy, Daddy?" Our toddler steps out into the backyard, looking for us.

"-car for taking you places." He says quickly and I shoot him a quick glare.

"Hi baby. Do you need something?"

"I wanna sit with you."

"Come here then, and sit on Daddy's lap." I say and Jimin sits up so there is space for her in his crossed legs.

"And this is why we have to watch ourselves." I scold Jimin lightly as our daughter sits on him.

"Yes, Mommy. I'll be good. Won't I?" He looks to our daughter.

"Daddy's bad."

"Wha? Yah, you want mommy to yell at me?"

"Daddy's bad! Daddy's bad!"

I laugh as I watch Jimin play with her as she teases him, trying to persuade her to agree.

Maybe my life wasn't perfect. Maybe it was terrifying, and I spent every moment fearing for myself and my family.

But this is what I live for.