The End of the Line

Amnesia

"I ing hate fire alarms." Jin hisses to me.

"Go take attendance."

"I don't give a if any one of you s is inside. Fire alarm means get the out. If you're not smart enough to do so then I like to think of Darwin's theory."

"That's really ed up for a teacher."

"Most teachers also don't let their students nickname them, but I somehow have both you and Jimin calling me Jin as of late."

"Cute. My boys are bonding."

"Since when am I one of 'your boys'?"

"The moment I broke your wrist. Blood in, blood out. It's like a cult."

"You're running a cult?"

"You don't gotta call it out like that." I smile at him.

He rolls his eyes. "Well, I guess we can take this as an opportunity to talk."

"What do you mean?"

"You're already skipping more classes weekly then you should, and Yoongi and Hoseok steal you constantly after school. This is the only time I really have to... pass on my warning."

"Your warning?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Don't date other guys." He says.

"What?"

"You heard me. Don't date other guys. I've seen Jungkook eyeing you recently, but if he asks you out you should definitely say no."

"Jungkook and I-"

"Stop. I'll be mad, seriously."

"Why? In what way is my relationship status your problem?" I ask.

"Just... just trust me, okay! You shouldn't date any guy. You need someone better."

"And who would you pick, then." I sigh, frustrated.

"..."

"You can't say like this, Jin. This is my life and I'll date whoever I want." He reaches and grabs my wrist as I start to leave.

"But you shouldn't just date anyone! You should date me-" he instantly shuts up as he realizes what he's said.

I have no words. I never in a million years expected him of all people- all that time we spent together- did he think we were flirting? I mean... I guess we were, but...????

"Okay."

"What?" He tilts his head. "You don't mean you want to-"

"Uh, no!" I turn red. "I just meant that like I heard your statement and I accept it but I'm not saying anything back!"

"Y/N! Mr. Kim! There you are!"

"Jungkook." His annoyance is clear. "Shouldn't you be with the group?"

"They're looking for our attendance."

"I ing hate fire drills." He growls and let's go of me. "You and I aren't done here. We'll talk later."

Jungkook and I are left on the secluded bit of grass.

"What was going on?"

"My list of problems just got bigger. As of right now, you're the only person who isn't giving me a headache."

"Really? I'm sorry. Can I help you?"

"I don't think so... but I appreciate the offer."

"Let me help. Let it be our list of problems." He takes my hand.

I've been confessed to like six times this week. I can see where this is going.

"Y/N, I really want you to be my-" I cut him off with a palm to the mouth.

"No. I'm not letting you finish that sentence."

"But I-"

"No. No more words."

"I think we should-" he tries to speak through my hands and eventually restrains me so I can't stop him.

He's going to confess.

no I can't, not again.

"I want to date you."

"." I hiss softly.

"Was that so awful?"

I groan. "Let's just get back to the class."

"So they can meet my girlfriend? I like that idea."

"Stop. I haven't agreed to anything."

"Do you like me back?"

"I'm not answering that."

"Hmm, I'll take that as a yes!" He takes my hand and swings it as we walk back to the group.

This is getting to be a long list.

~~~~~~~

I'm up past midnight. I start at the clock the whole time, waiting for it to eventually disappear from my vision as I fall asleep.

It doesn't.

When I finally hear the front door open at 3am, I get up and head down.

"Hey mom. Welcome back from work." I say softly, coming downstairs.

"Y/N? What are you doing still awake?"

"I couldn't sleep. There's a lot on my mind." I say and follow her into the kitchen.

"I'd believe that." She says softly back to me as she starts reheating dinner for herself. "What's the issue?"

"There's a lot of boys who have been all over me recently. And I just... I can't deal with that."

"Hun, don't worry about boys now. Keep in mind, you're still only seventeen and you've got forever ahead of you. Right now, you should just focus on being happy as you are. Enjoy every moment. Look, it's Friday now." She taps the glass over the clock. "Just one school day left until the weekend."

Today is Friday. Today and tomorrow, and then I have to choose.

"Mom... is there anyway I can stay home today?" I ask.

"Hm?"

"I just... I don't feel okay to go to school today."

"Why don't you go to sleep and we'll talk in the morning?" She suggests. "You'll be tired, but maybe you'll change your mind." She places get hands on either side of my face and kisses my forehead. "Get to sleep. I love you."

"Okay. I love you too." I say, softly as I leave.

~~~~~~~~~

I didn't change my mind.

Mark comes and says goodbye before he leaves, kissing my forehead and telling me he loves me.

Jimin does the same, but nearly half an hour later. I ask him to say I'm sorry to Jin but to let him know I'm not feeling well.

Except I'm feeling fine. I just need to get everything else figured out, and I'm running out of time.

Word gets around and I start having Yoongi and Hoseok calling me on my cellphone to ensure I'm not dead.

They offer to come over and take care of me, but I refuse. I let them know that I'm just headed to sleep.

I'm not headed to sleep. It's just to keep them off my back.

I ignore all the messages I receive, even from Mark. I need to figure my life out.

Around noon, I feel claustrophobic. I open the window in my room, and breathe in the air deeply. But suddenly, that's not enough and I find myself running outside.

I need to be free. To forget my life.

I need to see all of them as people, just people.

I can't see Hobi as someone who works for someone who wants me arrested.

I can't see Yoongi as the one that wants me arrested.

I can't see Jin as my teacher.

I can't see Namjoon as the man who cheated on me.

I can't see Taehyung as my ex's best friend.

I can't see Jimin as my brother.

I can't see Jungkook as a stranger. I know him as a person, maybe I just don't know his life before. Is that so big of a deal?

To me, they just have to be seven random people.

Seven random people who are also coincidentally in love with me. That should hopefully make my decision easier.

In my daze, I find myself in the park. I guess my feet carried me here while I was busy in thought.

I sit on the bench as my phone starts buzzing. It's Yoongi.

I don't answer.

After a few seconds it dies, only to light up again. Hobi this time.

I don't answer.

"Oh, Y/N."

"Uh, V?" I jump to my feet. "What are you doing here?"

"Just moving boxes." He explains. "This is the last bit of stuff from the compound. We've moved all our files to this warehouse by the docks so they can be exported. We were going to sit around since we finished early, but if you're ready to go now, then come with me."

I stare at him. Am I ready? Do I want to go?

"Y/N?" He tilts his head. "Are you okay?"

"Uh, yeah."

"Okay. Then let's go." He looks at me expectantly and I slowly follow him.

~~~~~~~~~

People collectively cheer as we walk in.

"I didn't expect to see you until Sunday."

"She was just sitting alone in the park, so I brought her back with me."

"We've packed all your stuff. I guess if we're ready, we can send the first set of people to New York now. I've put you and Taehyung on the first flight so you can set up our new offices."

"..."

"Did you get all that? Should I repeat myself?"

"No... I got it." I nod.

More silent buzzing against my leg. They've been so persistent. This damn phone won't shut up.

We hear sirens in the distance, but we ignore them. It's not until we hear several growing very close that people start exchanging glances.

"Woozi, take Rain and GD and scope the perimeter. Make sure they're not that close to us."

"Yes sir." He nods and the three head out.

I look to Tae in worry, but he takes my hand soothingly.

"No worries. We're fine. In fifteen minutes, you and I will get on a plane and we'll be safe."

"I trust you." I say softly and he smiles.

"Good."

"They're here!" The three frantically run in. "They're after us!"

"What?" My eyes widen.

"Place all critical files on the cargo plane and have it leave immediately. I will send V and Ivory. Once it is packed and has taken off we will take refuge elsewhere until we can join them. All the documents are backed up in our database and can be restored if necessary." He turns to us. "Get on that plane, now."

He grabs my hand and pulls me into the hall. My phone is buzzing again but I ignore it.

"Come on! The runway is on the roof-"

I'm yanked out of his hands as a loud explosion shakes the building.

We all are sweeped off our feet and a wall crumbles, sending rubble across the floor.

"Y/N! Come on!" He extends a hand to me.

"Y/N!"

"Yoongi!" I turn, and he's holding his pistol as he runs towards us.

Two people. Two different worlds. Seven paths.

The choice should be obvious. But sometimes the villains are not the ones the most easily depicted.

Whose hand do
you take?
 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

#TURN UP

 

Okay, so I just really quickly wanted to let everyone know that over the next week the endings will be released according to what my youtube subscribers wanted. The order is:

1. Yoongi (33.9%)
2. Taehyung (22%)
3. Jungkook (16.9%)
4. Jimin (10.2%)
5. Namjoon (8.5%)
6. Jin (5.1%)
7. J-Hope (3.4%)

 

Thank you for reading, and I'll see you all tomorrow!

 

~The Fanfic Train