The Truth

Amnesia

Hobi asked me to come to his house after-school, meaning I had to cancel on Jungkook. He had really wanted the four of us to go out shopping and eat dinner, but unfortunately my secret life takes priority.

We're in his office, him on his computer and me next to him as he types a report. The phone rings downstairs, and he sighs. "That's probably Yoongi. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Sure." I say, waving him off. I'm not really interested in being there, but he needs my help.

The nice summer breeze flows through the room, blowing the drapes. And suddenly, under a pile of papers, I see something glint.

I reach forward, pulling out a silver knife. It has small letters engraved in the bottom, which have been dirtied with what looks to be dried blood. C.J.

"Y/N, We're going to Yoongi's house!" He calls upstairs.

"Okay, just a second!" I call, frowning. It's a light knife, and I know Hoseok likes the heavier weapons. He trained me to use them as well, as he feels more comfortable with that than a precision weapon.

This isn't his knife.

I gulp.

"Y/N! Let's go!" He calls from just down the hall and I frantically throw the knife under the papers as he comes in.

"Hey, sorry about that. Let's go." I swallow. He didn't see me, right?

He looks at me a few times then blinks.

"Okay. Come on then. I need to lock the door."

~~~~~~~~

"Hoseok, thanks for coming- oh, hey Y/N."

"I brought her along since she was helping me with my accident report."

"Sure. Have you two eaten dinner?"

"No, we haven't."

"Well, I'll order Chinese food while Hoseok and I get some work done and we'll eat dinner together. "

"Um, what do you want me to do?"

"I'll show you the living room. I'm sure you can keep yourself entertained? We'll be in the dining room if you need us." He says.

"Okay. Thanks."

~~~~~~~~

Turns out I can't keep myself entertained. TV just doesn't appeal to me, and I can't find any book of any interest on the shelves.

I guess he never said I couldn't explore.

And if he gets mad, I'll just tell him I was looking for potential escape routes.

He's very clean, despite his somewhat lazy act. I smile softly at his immaculate room, noticing every fold was perfectly made.

He's always been perceptive.

I open another door, the last of the hall, and freeze. This room is as clean as the rest, but behind the door there are several heavy duty safes.

I know for a fact Yoongi (despite having money) does not keep gold or jewels.

And I mean like, these are some hardcore safes. Like, self destruct internally if you damage the outside and try to force entry.

But I really want to know what he has to hide.

I crouch in front of it. The safe has a keyboard with a custom password.

Okay, let's start with the facts.

Yoongi is a very person. Things will be spelt properly and capitalized. There can't be any slang or swearwords.

Yoongi won't choose something that is easily guessed. It'll be something personal. It won't be his father's name or anything like that, and it certainly won't be his own.

It wouldn't be his address, or a set of numbers. I know Yoongi. If he wanted to do numbers, he would've gotten a regular safe.

It's definitely a name. And from what I've heard, he didn't have a good childhood. It's not a family member's name. Nor would it be a place I'm unaware of. The only thing that is important to him would be...

No way... could it maybe be... my name?

I decide to take a shot in the dark. I use correct capitals and spell out my full name.

Wrong.

Okay, maybe I'm not as important as I thought. Unless...

Min Y/N.

Access granted!

"What a nerd." I mumble with a smile opening the safe.

There's a single file inside, clearly well maintained and protected. I carefully pull it out. It's covered in warnings, saying things like 'sensitive documents inside'... 'handle with care'...

I open it, and my eyes widen.

"Min mothering Yoongi."

I've spent my entire life lost with no recollection of my past. He knew how much it hurt me.

I used to cry every single night. Both me and my family have been hurt by this experience, and we didn't even get any information to ease the pain.

He knew everything.

I take quick pictures of the document before putting them back in the safe and locking it.

Taehyung was right.

Sometimes the villains aren't the ones the most easily depicted.

~~~~~~~~~~

I get downstairs and start reading off of the pictures. I can hear them still talking in the dining room, so I don't worry about them reading over my shoulder.

The A.S.C.

It stands for the Agent Services Corporation.

It's a individually owned contractual group that specializes in doing odd jobs. Capturing people. Finding information. Making people stay quiet- or even scarier, disappear entirely.

I look through the pictures. It has Namjoon's father's death listed like just a simple fact. It mentions how Namjoon took over.

And it mentions I was second in command.

I look at the next page, and my entire body shuts down as I start to read.

"-has contracted amnesia. However, do to her affiliation with the A.S.C. she will be held liable upon the return of her memories for all crimes she committed when working with them. The most likely cause of action will be putting her under arrest with the condition of no bail."

"He wants to... arrest me?" My eyes widen.

"Y/N! Food's here!" Hobi calls as the doorbell rings.

"Coming!" I say but my voice falters.

"Is everything okay?" He opens the door to the room and I can hear Yoongi talking with the delivery guy down the hall.

"I'm just... not feeling well." I shut off my phone.

"Oh." He sits next to me and puts his hand on my knee. "Tummy troubles?"

"Don't say that." I frown.

HE'S GIVING YOU AN EXCUSE TAKE IT.

"Um, but yes."

"When I drive you home later, we'll go get you some chocolate, okay?" He pets the back of my head and smiles at me.

"Oh... thank you Hobi."

"I can't let you suffer without good snacks."

"Aren't you supposed to encourage me to stay fit and not eat badly?"

"And I do. But this is a special case." He takes my hand. "Come on."

~~~~~~~~~

I sit in bed, a chocolate bar and a half in as I finish the document.

I can't count on anything anymore. When does my memory become enough that they can detain me? I can't tell Yoongi anything he doesn't know already.

I think back to the conversation Hoseok and I had as we were buying food.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey... Hobi. Can I ask something? I need you to answer me not as my trainer, but as a friend."

He looks at me seriously. "Is there something else that's bothering you?"

"Has Yoongi ever told you anything that he wouldn't want you telling me? Anything pertaining to my life?"

"Yes."

. He totally knows about the arrest.

Seeing my worry, he smiles and takes my hand.

"The only thing he's asked me to keep from you is that he asked for counseling on how to get along with you when you first moved here. Any thing else, I haven't heard about."

I breathe out heavily. Oh thank god.

"Don't worry. Whatever you're dealing with, I don't know. I won't pressure you to tell me. I know that as we continue to get closer as we have been you'll open up to me about everything."

Oh god. I don't want to leave him.

But I only have a few days left.

~~~~~~~~~~

Okay. So not everyone knows about this. Just a lot of people, probably. Yoongi does. And I can't trust that he'll pick me over orders from his boss.

I need to figure out my life. Problem list check?

A.S.C., Namjoon, Taehyung, Yoongi x2, Jimin, and probably Jungkook after I blew him off for work this afternoon.

At least Jin and Hoseok aren't being problematic right now.

Right????