The Not Good, the Bad, and the Problematic

Amnesia
At some point, someone covered my shaking body with a blanket. I think it might have been Hobi, as he now sits next to me, rubbing my back and whispering comforting things I can't understand.

"They're running a handwriting and fingerprint analysis right now. Yoongi dropped it off personally and is on his way back. It hasn't been tampered with. If there's something there, we'll find out who. And maybe who will bring back why."

"I just... It's only been two months... And whoever wrote that note... I KNOW them. I KNOW that handwriting like the back of my hand. I've seen it a million times before."

"You were close with whoever wrote this?" He asked.

"I was close with the handwriting, yes. But I can't garuntee-" I duck my head as it fills with pain.

"Okay, okay. Don't push yourself." He says as a paramedic comes and rushes over to my side.

"Y/N? Y/N!" Jimin rushes in the room, Mark close behind.

"Careful. She's in shock." The paramedic warns as she steps away. Jimin ignores her entirely and pulls me into a hug.

"Yoongi called me. He said we had a break in, and they... Left something behind."

"Yeah." Hoseok said. "We need you to confirm nothing is missing from your personal belongings. We've already checked your devices haven't been bugged."

"What the hell is this..."

"I knew Y/N was weird, but this way exceeds my expectations..."

"You can't be in here." Hoseok steps forward.

"It's okay. I know them. Those are the kids I was with earlier." I say, stopping him from kicking Taehyung and Jungkook out.

"Are you okay?" Mark takes his turn hugging me.

"I'm.. As to be expected." I gave him a smile and a small shrug.

"Who the is this? Hoseok I literally gave you one job-" Yoongi comes in, and upon seeing Jungkook and Taehyung turned directly to Hoseok.

"Leave him be. I told him to ignore them, and so will you." I snap. "But... Why did you bring them?" I look to Mark, who should've been driving.

"Jimin and I weren't sure whether or not they'd instantly relocate you... So we kinda rushed over."

"Why would you relocate if it's just a break in?" Jungkook asked.

I look at Yoongi, Hoseok, Mark, and Jimin for an answer.

But all I see is them staring back.

"I have a stalker." I somewhat lie. "It's why we moved. This is probably just a coincidence, but we'd rather be safe than sorry."

Taehyung clearly doesn't believe me, but Jungkook nodded. "Ah, okay."

"In any case, you should get going. This is a crime scene." Yoongi starts to push them out the door.

"Hey, careful Yoongi! I'll sue you!" He looks to me. "See you around Y/N."

~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay in bed that night. Something about what Taehyung said just didn't sit right with me.

I just don't know what it was.

~~~~~~~~~~

It's not until I'm doubled over, ready to throw up that Hoseok lets me stop training. I think he's going to let me rest, but then he calls me outside into the garden.

"Y/N. Nice work today."

"Thanks. It was a little bit more intense then I expected though."

"Just in case the note comes back linked to someone you know, I want you to be ready. There's a lot of people who need you to live."

"I know. This whole experience has been really traumatizing for my family." I look down.

"No. Not just your family. Me. Yoongi. All of us who dedicate weeks, months, maybe even years away from our family to ensure you stay safe. We do it because we love you, Y/N. Your ability to fight through hardship and continue to live normally is incredible. It's why we live this way. And not just us... But... Well, Kim Seokjin. He's not exactly a well liked person among these parts as he knows more than he needs to, but he earnestly cares about you. He's been interrogated by Yoongi repeatedly, and his intentions never change. He's... Well, he'll miss you. Yoongi will miss you. I will miss you. Your life is so much more than a monthly deposit to the bank account. It's our reason- my reason to wake up every morning."

"Hoseok-"

"We have people currently trying to figure who wrote that note. So please, live until we know." He pulls me into a hug that smells strangely like cologne despite our intense workout.

"I will. For both my family, Yoongi, Jin, and you." I promise. "This... May seem stupid to you, but-"

"Nothing you say will ever be stupid to me."

"- I'm glad I'm not the only one scared by that note." I say softly.

"I really thought Yoongi was going to make you move. I can't express with words how glad I am he didn't." He said.

"Why did he make me stay? All my other agents tried to kick me out right away." I ask curiously.

"Didn't say." He shrugged. "Its not like he's getting payed a ton of money to work with you or anything."

"I'll have to ask him later... I should get home. I have homework." I sigh. "See you tomorrow morning?"

"Bright and early as always, Y/N. Tell Jin I say hi."

~~~~~~~~~~

"So... Why are you late today?" Jin is clearly already in a bad mood as I come in, and I know not to mess with him. He's even more mad that I'm late as usual.

"I can't tell you that." I quickly glance to where the other students are watching us. "But Hobi says hi." I whisper to him.

"Not good enough. I realize you need to practice, but schooling should be just as mandatory to you. If you're going to practice, practice earlier in the morning." He crosses his arms. "Why are you really late?"

"Yoongi wanted to talk?"

"You have half an hour to get here from somewhere down the road and he gives you a ride. Next excuse."

"I needed to get patched up from a cut?" I raise my sleeve to show a bandage.

"You wouldn't have needed more than five minutes to clean it up and no more than ten to change and shower. That's fifteen minutes unaccounted for. Next."

"I... Uh, Well..."

Suddenly, the door creaks open behind me. "I'm sorry I'm late, Mr. Kim."

Oh, Park Jimin.

"If it's not one it's the other." Jin sighed. "Park Jimin, I'm already dealing with your sister's tempermants constantly. Just because she's constantly late doesn't mean you must be as well."

"I'm sorry sir. My alarm didn't go off."

"I want to see the two of you in the hall." He snaps at us. "Everyone, read the textbook pages on the board. "I don't want a peep from any of you."

As we're pulled into the hall, Jin rubs his forehead stressfully. "Why did I become a stupid English teacher? I could be doing literally anything else right now."

"It sounds like you've had a rough morning." I say gently.

"I had to break up a fist fight this morning, and Taehyung for the life of him cannot focus on anything. Amber was taken to the hospital this morning after she was hit by shards of glass from a chair being thrown through a window and I'm not getting a Christmas bonus. Y/N, you do realize that just like practicing is a government requirement, so is an education? Not only that, but I care about how my students are doing. I want you and every single one of those little s to succeed. Being late is unprofessional and breeds failure- and you've began teaching the exact same bad habits to him." He gestured to Jimin.

"I'm sorry sir." Jimin bowed.

"You're getting extra readings. Read the six pages after the ones listed on the board and answer all the questions. It will be collected tomorrow morning immediately after the first bell. If it is not on time it will be a zero." Jin said. "Jimin, inside."

As he leaves and shuts the door behind him, I glance through the hall before pulling Jin into a hug. "I'm so sorry you're having such a bad day. I'll try to be on time, but I really can't help it. I get up 5:00 every morning already, and you know that homework usually keeps me occupied until 11:00 or so."

"I just.. Need you to send a good message to everyone else. I know you're capable of many fantastic things. You hold back because you don't want to be recognised. I can tell you have these crazy, brilliant thoughts inside you that you throw away because you want me to dock marks, Y/N." He looked sad.

"I realize I'm your favourite, but-"

"I never said that. Teachers aren't allowed to have favourites. I simply said that if I were able to have one, you could possibly be it." Jin defended.

I smile. "Potato Pohtahto. Come on. Who knows what the young'uns are up to in there."

"I'm gonna open up a can of whoop if they're misbehaving."

"Whoop ? How old are you? Ninety?" I laugh before opening the door.

"I'm not aboving hitting my friends, Y/N." He murmured as the two walked in.

"You're also not above getting fired." I shoot back with a small smile.

"I hate it when you're right."

"I know. That's why I'm right as often as possible."

~~~~~~~

"Y/N, my next class is in the computer lab... And then I have lunch. Would you mind taking me to the lab and then picking me up? I told Jimin I'd buy him lunch but I have no idea where the bistro is." He asked.

"Uh..." My mind started reeling.

'Come on, Y/N! Think! Think!'

Suddenly, Taehyung walks past me and I grab his collar. "I promised Tae that we could talk in private. Sorry. I can't."

"Uh.. Okay. See you after class for lunch then?"

"Sure. Whatever." I wave him off, not really listening.

"Okay.. Later then..."

"We're talking in private?"

"No. That was only to get him off my back."

"Well... I do actually have something I need to talk to you about. Can you follow me, please?" He asks.

Alarm bells ring in my head.

"What do you need to talk about?"

"I'll tell you when we get there."

"Get where?"

"God, don't ask so many questions. I'm not going to kidnap you or anything."

Oh, this. This will only bring bad things.

He leads me into the school's garden, which is very open and private. I stand in a way that makes me unsusceptible to ambushes, but all I want to do is run.

'It's probably nothing. This is nothing. This is my brother's friend who wants to have a talk.'

And then Friday night's events come to mind.

This might go bad, very quickly.

I quickly turn to face Taehyung, nervous. I expect him to be far away, but he's so close. And worse, he's holding a scarf away from him and towards me, at nose and mouth height.

"Were you trying to drug me?" My eyes grow wide and I take a step back.

"It's cold. I was giving you my scarf." He narrowed his eyes.

. I ed that one up, didn't I.

"Okay." I take a deep breath, and he moves towards me again. I step back once more.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Look, I get you're frazzled by the break in, but it's not like I did it. I was with you the whole time." Tae puts his scarf down.

"It's not that. I just- uh, realized I left my phone in Mr. Kim's class. We'll talk later." I power walk away.

"You trust me still, right?" He calls after me.

"Of course!" I call back.

Oh hell no.

~~~~~~~~~

I spend the rest of the day hiding in Jin's office, frazzled by Taehyung's actions. Whenever he wasn't teaching, he'd come and try and soothe me.

"He's just so damn weird!" I explain with a sigh.

"I know. Keep your guard up. I wouldn't want you to get hurt." Jin says, filing through test papers as the bell rings.

I sigh, grabbing my stuff as he gets ready to lock the office.

"I think I'm going to skip my jog today. I'm not feeling up to it. Besides, some teacher gave me extra readings."

" him, am I right?" Jin smiles and rolls his eyes.

"Literally?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Figuratively." He hits the back of my head. "Well... Actually..."

"Ew! Jin, you creepy old man!" I exclaim, hitting his arm.

"I'm kidding. Don't you think you're a little young?"

"I'm almost eighteen. I'm an adult."

"And yet somehow you are always late." We enter the halls together and we bid our farewells as the parking lot is the opposite direction from my locker.

I'm walking thoughtlessly, until I see Jungkook. His eyes meet mine and I panic.

I didn't pick him up from his lab class. Wow, does he look mad.

I instantly turn around, bumping straight into Jimin.

"What's wrong?" He asked curiously. "I was just about to pick up Mark-"

"Don't do that. I need you to save my ."

"What did you do?"

"Just don't let Jungkook get near me. That's it." I walk past him, heading the opposite direction to use the long way to my locker.

"Ah, Jimin. I need to talk to Y/N-"

"No you don't. Come on. Let's get Mark and then you can come over to our place tonight."

~~~~~~~

I avoid Jungkook all night, not wanting to anger him further. I decline dinner with the four of them, not wanting to spend any time with anyone. I need me time.

My phone beeps. Jin is texting me.

Jin:
I just wanted to let you know that I've casted someone else as the lead's understudy. You're on lights, like you wanted.

Me:
Thank you Jin. Xoxo
 
Jin:
"Tell me something I don't know. Remember, the play is on Friday. Practice in the booth during lunch some days, okay?"
 
Me:
Don't worry. I got this.

Nothing bad will happen.
 
And that is when things started to go to .