Guilt

Amnesia

Yes, they had a big celebratory dinner.

Yes, they held a party.

Yes, there were drinks.

Yes, there was music.

Yes, my entire team was there.

But I didn't go. I couldn't.

I spent the night in my room, door locked. They tried dragging me- they did. Tae gave me puppy eyes, Woozi blackmailed me with skittles, and I even had Namjoon promise me jewelry.

But I said no, and I stuck to it. Something about seeing Hobi, Yoongi and Jimin really struck a chord with me. They're worried about me.

They think I've been kidnapped (I guess I have?) and in reality I'm off... doing what? Robbing corporations? Learning to disable bombs?

Learning to be a criminal?

Guilt began sinking in, and now, as the sun rises I dress myself after a restless night.

I know I won't eat, but I still silently follow my team down to the mess hall and get food with them.

I stare at my fruit salad silently, stirring it with my fork. The conversation was lively, but I wasn't a part of it. I guess I was really zoned out, because I didn't even hear Woozi calling my name until Rain put his hand on my shoulder.

"Everything okay?" He asks me softly and I look up to meet their worried stares.

"I'm just not very hungry." I say softly, pushing my food away from me.

"That doesn't sound like the Y/N I know."

"Don't be ing rude." She hits him over the table.

"What's bugging you?"

"Oh, I just didn't sleep well last night." I manage a smile for him, but Tae is watching me like a hawk. He once said he could read me like a book, so I'm almost 100% sure he knows I'm not telling the whole truth. At least he stays quiet.

"You should eat. You didn't have dinner last night. We're going to be training all morning, and you need energy." He smiles.

"Oh, yeah, because you were missing last night, you didn't get to see GD- he totally started stripping when he got drunk and we had to stop him before he got too wild-"

"I took off my coat, that's not stripping-"

"You also took off your shirt and you were loosening your belt-"

"I was hot and full okay?"

I let out a breath of relief as the focus shifts away from me and back to the night before's conversation.

Tae is still watching me, and I finally look to him. "Is there something on my face? You're staring."

"You and I both know why I'm staring. They may have bought that bull , but I don't. I fully expect an explanation later."

"Sure. Whatever." I mumble. "I need some fresh air. I'll be back before training starts."

~~~~~~~~~

I sit in the garden, staring out at the forest.

"We missed you last night, Ivory."

"Namjoon." I turn and look at him just as he sits next to me. "Don't you have work?"

"I have to analyze those files from yesterday, but I'll get to that later." He takes my hand and I let him.

"You shouldn't put off work like that." I say to him.

"And you shouldn't close people off." He said gently. "V told me he was worried about you."

"What a snitch."

"Nark."

"What?"

"The word you're looking for is nark. Tae is a nark."

"Is it really that big of a deal which word I use?" I crack a small smile.

"Depends. Sometimes a word can determine the mood of the conversation, the relationship, past feelings and even your location."

"We're talking about insulting Tae, here."

"But all the same. If you had chosen incompetent scumbag, it would've shown a damaged relationship. However, you used snitch, a more simplistic and friendly term."

"Did you just call me simple?"

"Well, you are clever." He looks away from me and to the horizon. "But, not particularly difficult to understand."

"What makes you say that?"

"Y/N, why aren't you wearing the bracelet I gave you?"

"My question first."

"I understand you easily. Why aren't you wearing the bracelet?"

"You're being very... forward."

"Y/N, like I said, despite being clever you're easy to understand. After I gave it to you, you wore it everyday until you suddenly stopped. This means one of two things. You're mad at me, or someone is making you stop wearing it. But you're not afraid of anything and you're still acting like a rational human. You're not wearing it on purpose. Which once again, makes me ask, where is it and why aren't you wearing it?"

"I just didn't want to bring it on the mission yesterday and I was really tired when I got dressed today and didn't think about it."

"You used to sleep with it on."

"It was giving me marks." He narrows his eyes at me.

"Right."

"What time is it?" I say to break the silence and his strong gaze.

He glances to his watch. "Training starts in five minutes. You should get downstairs and get changed."

"On it." I stand quickly.

"Good. Make sure none of the rookie groups set off the alarm- I have a lot of work to do before lunch."

"On it."

~~~~~~~~

The moment training is done, I go straight to my room.

Namjoon should've been worried about the rookies triggering the alarm, because I set it off twice, set off the motion detectors, fell off the climbing wall, and nearly fractured my skull when Tae sweeped me off my feet in sparring practice.

More days pass like this. I eat very little, and only when forced. I don't go out with them, and I feel myself growing distant from everyone.

My door opens as I'm lying face up on bed, my hand covering my eyes.

No knocking, which is weird.

Whoever it is sits next to me, making me remove my hand so I can see them.

"Oh. Tae." I look at him from my relaxed spot.

"Hey kiddo. Everything okay?"

"Why wouldn't it be?"

"You're just not yourself. Everyone's worried."

"I'm fine."

"It's just... you're making mistakes you wouldn't even make if you were sleep walking. You're not eating. You don't want to spend time with the team anymore. Everyone is worried sick."

"I'm just... doing my thing."

"Well, do your thing with us. We're all really concerned." He takes my hand and I sigh.

"Sorry for worrying you."

"You've been different ever since we did that mission. Did something happen that I didn't catch?"

"No. No one did anything to me."

"So what's the problem?"

"I just think I'm a little homesick." I murmur. "Nothing to worry about."

"..." he looks at me, clearly knowing something I don't.

"What?"

"Other than being a good friend, I came here for something else."

"Like what?"

"Namjoon wants to see you. And you're not going to like what he has to say."

"Why?"

"I'll let him break it to you. If you're sad, come see me after. Okay?" He gives me a soft smile instead of his wide grin.

"Tae, you're scaring me. What's going on?"

"Just come with me." He pulls me gently to my feet, treating me like a mirror about to shatter.

He holds my hand the whole way there, not looking once at me but squeezing my hand for support.

When we get there, he kisses my forehead before letting go.

"Remember, come see me, okay?" He asks.

"I still don't understand what the issue is-"

"Well then, knock and find out." He slowly let's go of my hand, taking slow steps away. "Don't forget what I told you. It's not good for you to bottle your emotions."

"What emotions?" I ask him, so confused and worried.

But all he does is gesture for me to knock before disappearing down the maze of halls.

I sigh heavily and knock.

"Come in."

I step in, and at first Namjoon's gaze is hard. But it softens as he recognizes it's me and stands.

"Y/N."

"I heard from V that something's up. What's going on?"

He stands in front of me, taking my hands.

"You remember Yoongi, don't you?"

"How couldn't I?"

"He's very persistent, isn't he?"

"My trainer called him the best of the best."

"You can tell. Ever since you came home, the government has been hot on our tails."

"Namjoon, can you tell me what this is all about?"

"We're no longer safe here. We're moving to one of our other branches."

"So...?"

"Pack your bags. We're going to New York."