We Nearly Got Arrested

Amnesia

I carefully reposition my uniform before checking myself in the mirror. Everyone is silently preparing themselves, exchanging ammo for our guns and hooking ourselves up to our earpieces so we can communicate with the team out in the field.

Namjoon comes in, speaking with different people to ensure everyone is ready. He eventually comes to me, taking my hands. I want to pull away, but choose to give a small smile instead.

"How are you doing?"

"I'm okay."

"Are you nervous?"

"Not really." I look away from him to Taehyung. We haven't talked since he confessed to me last night, but I'd rather that than this.

I give him a begging look. 'I need you to save me' I silently plead.

"Y/N, can I get a hand with my headset?" He calls.

"Sure V, I'll be right there!" I look to Namjoon. "Sorry."

"Be safe, okay, babe?"

"I will." I move past him to Tae.

"Thanks. You're a life saver." I say softly. "I just can't face him right now."

"It's okay." He says. "Can you just switch it onto mode 3 for me?"

"Yeah." I walk around so I'm behind him, and pull up the back of his shirt. There's a small box hooked on to the waistline of his pants, and I turn the dial for him.

"Thanks." He smiles at me, and we fall into silence. There's nothing to talk about other than last night, and I'm just not ready to sort my feelings out.

"I can tell you're uncomfortable. Why don't you go talk to Woozi?"

"Wha... how did you...?"

"I am your best friend. I know everything about you. I'm the only person on this planet who knows you better than you do. Go on, go see Woozi. Once upon a time, you were as close with him as you are with me."

"What did he do?" I narrow my eyes. "Did he my best friend too?"

"No." He laughs. "When Namjoon took over the A.S.C., you helped him with everything. You worked yourself to the bone, and only took sparing breaks. Namjoon kept you for dinner dates with the excuse of you two talking about work, and then we got to steal you for the rest of the night. It was hard competition- we're a big team and you're just one girl. If we weren't doing group activities or partying, you and I were spending one on one time. Woozi and you barely were able to be together, and you just drifted apart. He's a good guy. He'll appreciate you putting in the effort to chat with him."

"Thanks V." I smile at him.

"Anytime. That's what friends are for." He gently brushes his hand against my arm and winks at me before heading over to Rain.

I move to Woozi, who smiles sweetly at me when he sees me.

Despite our intense conversation, my brain is somewhere else.

Namjoon.

And Taehyung.

~~~~~~~~~~

"We've reached the CEO's office." CL tells Namjoon over the headset. "It seems empty."

"Which means it's probably got a ton of security." G.D. counters.

"The front doors are locked."

"No shocker there."

"Check to see if there's any open Windows on the first or second story... if there's nothing, I want you force your way in how you see fit."

"Ivory, would you mind walking around the back to see if there's-"

"Y/N? Is that you?" A voice calls from behind me.

"Jimin?!" I spin and he's looking at me in shock.

"This could be bad."

"What? What's happening?"

"Y/N's been... compromised."

"Well, fix it!"

Jimin pulls me into a tight hug I gladly accept. I pull off my earphones to hear him better.

"Y/N, what's going on? Why haven't you come home? And what are you doing out here-" he gently pushes me away from him, looking me up and down. "Why are you wearing the same clothes as them?"

"It's a really, really long story. Ok, Jimin? But I'm safe, I promise. I'm not lying to you."

"Are you working with your captors?" He whispers to me.

"I mean, yes but-" I whisper back.

"Do you need help? Do you have Stockholm syndrome?"

"I'm okay." I break our whisper fest, placing my hand on his cheek. He covers it with his own.

"We've got a way in!" Rain calls.

"Ivory, let's go."

"I'm going to wait out front." I reply, not tearing my eyes from Jimin.

"We need you to break into the safe."

"Well, V knows how to do that too, doesn't he?"

"The boss is asking me to stay with you. Woozi, can you look after it?"

"Sure. Enjoy your time with your brother." He tells me and they all head inside.

Jimin looks me up and down. "You're... different."

"What do you mean?"

"You carry yourself... differently. It's almost like you're a stranger now." He looks at me sadly.

"I'm not though." I take hid hand and weave our fingers together. "Chim Chim, you know that."

"Maybe it's good... you're not paranoid and afraid all the time... you're confident... but I miss being with the only you I've ever known." He whispers softly, cautious of Taehyung who is only a few feet away.

"Jiminie, I-"

I'm cut off by a loud alarm behind me.

"! Ivory!" G.D. calls. "We need you."

"I'm sorry." I give him one last final smile before I peck him on the cheek and hop through the window.

~~~~~~~

"What's wrong?" I ask as I haul myself up the ledges just under the sixth story window.

"CL tripped a breaker."

"Well, maybe you should've warned me that you were just going to leave all these electrical cords everywhere-"

"Where's the power box?"

"Somewhere in the basement." Tae comments.

"If you can take me there, I can fix it." I say to him.

"Be safe. The police may be on their way."

We nod before sprinting down the hall. We descend staircase upon staircase, until we finally hit the bottom floor.

"It should be right around here-" we freeze when we hear the front door shatter open. "The police are here." Taehyung tells everyone over his headset as I put mine back in. "We're in the basement."

"I'm sending a car. V, Ivory, your priority is getting out of the basement. Everyone else is still up by the safe?"

"Yeah."

"They'll be headed up there first. Take the distraction as an option to sneak out, but don't use the front doors. Well have a car out back. Find a way. All of you, get what we need and get out of there."

"Let's look for a basement exit first." He whispers to me. "Even if they send people up top, they'll be blocking main entrances."


We split up, promising to let each other know when we find anything.

"We've got the documents. We're starting to pull out."

"There's a driver waiting out back. Ivory, V, how are things?"

"There's no escape down here. We're going to have to head upstairs."

"Is there anyway you can cause a distraction, Rain?"

"There's no need."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, we're already kinda surrounded."

Taehyung and I exchange worried glances. This could be bad.

"Then we'll try sneaking up now-"

We freeze as we hear someone coming downstairs.

"... beginning floor sweep, starting at basement level and working my way up."

That familiar voice... no way... it couldn't be...?

"V, Ivory, is everything okay?"

"Someone's come downstairs." I whisper.

"Ivory, as he starts to search, we're going to sneak past him. If he sees us, he'll call for reinforcements and then we'll be screwed. We'll split up, and meet outside at the car."

"Got it."

He gives my hand a quick squeeze as he inches away. I head the opposite direction, careful to make no sound.

It's odd that our training would actually be so useful. I don't know the layout of the room or where anything is, but I'm able to move stealthily across the floor.

I can tell there's only one person down here by the single flashlight beam that sweeps across the room and illuminates assorted boxes.

I hold my breath as I'm almost caught, the flashlight nearly hitting my foot as I hastily stepped out.

Eventually, I end up by the stairs. All I have to do is make my way up without being caught. I can see Tae reasonably close as well, watching me.

"Wait for him to get further away. Then we'll sneak up together." He murmurs through the headset.

I nod at him, listening to the chaos upstairs through the headset and waiting for my chance.

"I literally can't put my hands up higher. Not my fault I'm short."

"You're not short, you're just lazy."

"Says the one that triggered the alarm system."

I roll my eyes at them. Even in dire situations, they're still messing around.

Suddenly, the lights turn on and make V and I visible to the guard.

He turns around, confused by the sudden lights and sees us.

"Y/N?"

"Hobi?" My eyes widen. "Since when do you work with the police?"

"Y/N, what are you doing here?"

"I'm-"

"Ivory, now is not the time!" He grabs my wrist and pulls me up the stairs.

As we move, we bump into another guard who was coming down and clearly found the switch.

"Hey, what the-"

"Grab them!" He calls as he runs after us up the stairs.

~~~~~~~~

"My coffee is cold." He grumbles, staring at it. "Why the hell am I even here?"

"Um, Min Yoongi sir, with all do respect, may I intervene?" She steps forward and interrupts his thoughts.

"What do you want?"

"Um, you just seem unhappy about being here. But we believe this to be the work of the A.S.C., and it could link us to Y/N."

"Hmph. You think I care about some stupid girl?" He looks back into his cup. "Even if I did care... it really wouldn't matter."

"Yoongi, sir-"

", I'm not jumping that-"

"You're going to jump, or I'm going to push you and you're gonna like it!"

"Just ing push her."

A scream catches Yoongi's attention as a blonde girl falls, followed by several young men jumping after.

"Ow! What the hell, G.D.?"

"Shut up! Let's get to the rendezvous!"

As they pick themselves out of the bushes they fell into, the service door breaks open.

"Can't you run faster?"

"I have short legs, okay?!?!"

Y/N. It's her. In the flesh, breathing, red-faced from running, but actually alive. They stop by the bushes, helping the others out.

He drops my coffee on the floor, letting his feet carry him to her side. He tarts slow, but he's eventually running to her.

She's alive. She's okay.

He puts his hand on my shoulder right as we're done, spinning me to face me.

I jump, but breathes out in relief when she sees it's only home. "Yoongi."

"Y/N." He takes my wrist, and pulls me close for a hug.

" youuuuu!" Woozi grabs my other arm and pulls me away and we all break into a run.

"Woozi!"

"You'll find it funny in like five minutes trust me!"

"Get in!" The car doors roll in and we don't even find seats. We just jump in.

I end up just sitting on the floor in Tae's lap as our driver floors it.

He wraps his arms around me and smiles as everyone else breathlessly double checks their belongings.

"He goddamn better throw us a party tonight or I'm going to be pissed." Rain says softly. "I can't believe we nearly got arrested."

As he says that, reality kicks in.

We nearly got arrested.

We all start laughing out of disbelief.

We nearly got arrested.

We laugh the whole way home.

Or, rather, they do. I am deathly silent.

Jimin. Yoongi. Hoseok.

Jungkook. Jin. Mom. Mark.

I've left so many people behind. People who are looking for me.

People who love me.

People who I love.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Yoongi, I didn't make you the leader of this team for s and giggles. You had her in your grasp, and let her slip through. You're destroying the Min name."

"I'm sorry, father-"

"And I even gave you access to her restricted file. I'm the only one who was supposed to be in contact with it, but I allowed you special privileges. Tell me." He leans forward. "Did you tell her or anyone on your team about what you've seen?"

"No sir. No one knows anything about the truth."

"Good. I expect you to keep it that way."

He nods, heading to the door but stops when he hears his father's voice.

"Oh, and Yoongi?"

"Yes father?"

"As of recent, you don't carry yourself with respect. You are disgracing the Min name with your thoughtless actions. When this case is over, we will have to release several personnel from duty due to the fact that we don't need that many. I suggest you figure out what the Min name means to you before then."