Teenage Fools

Amnesia

I stare at Amber as she presses different keys on the soundboard, making the stage come alive.

I just dim the lights inbetween scenes. Even in her damaged, post-hospital experience, she's a million times better than I. She looks after most of the lights, because this just don't make sense to me.

Jin is stressed, working with the actors to fine tune everything. Our dress rehearsal is tomorrow, and the performance the day after.

I've been avoiding Taehyung like the plague the past couple days, as I really don't want to think about what his true intentions could be.

Meaning that I've also been avoiding Jungkook.

It's not my fault that Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin and Mark are best buddies. If they weren't friends with Jungkook, I'd (probably) have apologized by now.

Amber quickly reaches in front of me, hitting a switch I was responsible for.

"Sorry. I zoned out." I apologize.

"It's okay. I usually do this by myself." She smiles. "No stress."

"Thanks." I mumble.

"If you want, I can just do everything." Amber said. "I like doing this stuff, and it really doesn't seem like your thing."

"It isn't." I admit.

"Well, zone out to your heart's content then. I've got this."

I lean back in my chair. Maybe not everyone I don't know has to be a bad person.

"Y/N!" Mark pokes his head through the door.

"You're not allowed to be up here." I stand.

"Well then, come down!" He says. "Jungkookie is gonna sing!"

"The crazy thing about sound is that it travels, Mark." She comments as she flips more switches.

"Besides... Mr. Kim thinks I'm working right now." I say.

"He won't see you. Come down." Mark said, grabbing my hand and pulling me down the stairs to the bleachers of the drama room.

We find seats at the back row, and sit quietly as Jungkook steps forwards and begins singing.

" I am tired of this place, I hope people change.
I need time to replace what I gave away.
And my hopes, they are high, I must keep them small.
Though I try to resist I still want it all.
And I see swimming pools and living rooms and aeroplanes.
I see a little house on the hill and children's names.
I see quiet nights poured over ice and Tanqueray.
But everything is shattering and it's my mistake.

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall
Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall

Oh, our lives don't collide, I'm aware of this
The differences and impulses and your obsession with it
The little things, you like stick, and I like aerosol
I don't give a , I'm not giving up, I still want it all

Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall
Only fools fall for you, only fools
Only fools do what I do, only fools fall"

I don't know why I stop hearing Jungkook, but my head is suddenly filled with the someone else's voice. I don't know who, exactly, but I feel like it must be tied to whoever wrote that note.

I heard his voice in my head. I'm searching through a migraine for the name of the man I heard, but I can't figure it out.

But for whatever, him singing this song was something that I really wanted to remember. Because even now, as I applaud absentmindedly for Jungkook, I'm thinking about how this is the one thing I know.

But if whoever the voice belongs to the A.S.C. was so important to me, then why am I running?

Or rather, am I running from the wrong thing?

~~~~~~~~

I help Jin clean up the theatre after the bell rings, meaning the hall's are empty by the time I start heading to science.

I see the student long before I recognise him. He's clearly lost, staring at a map and trying to find his way.

"Oh, Y/N. It's been a long time, no see. I'm looking for the guidance office to get a course switched." Jungkook says.

I move slightly away. "Uh, I don't want to be even later than I already am."

"Y/N, why are you avoiding me? Mr. Kim asked you to help me around the school."

"Jimin is helping you around the school."

Suddenly, the air grows cold and ominous as someone steps behind me. Just my luck, it's Kim Taehyung.

"Actually, Jimin is in a long meeting with the principal."

His true message to me is clear. No one, not my quick thinking or luck can save me this time. There is nowhere to run.

"Run along, Jungkook. Y/N and I... Have some unfinished business."

"I can't find the guidance office-"

"It's room 1020. Down those stairs, first door on the left." His eyes never leave mine.

"Thanks." Jungkook sends me a mad look before leaving.

"Well, why don't you come with me, then, Y/N." He looks at me.

"I'd rather not."

"Why?"

"My mother said that I shouldn't ever be alone with a guy."

"You won't be alone. My friends are coming."

"I don't want to."

"Why?"

"I'm not sure if you got my gist, but I'm kind of an introvert." I say. "My answer is no."

"I want you to meet the people in my life that are important to me."

"I refuse."

"Why?"

"I'm not comfortable with that."

"What would make you comfortable? Do you want to bring Jimin?"

"No."

"Then what?"

"Tae, you and I spoke for the first time last week when I asked you to take Jungkook to calculus. If Mark and Jimin haven't already explained it to you, I have trust issues as it is." I narrow my eyes. "Speaking of Jimin, what did you do to put him the office?"

"Me? I didn't do anything."

"Well, what the hell did you make someone else do to put him in the office?"

"Are you suggesting I would do something to my friend?"

"I'm suggesting that this situation is awfully convenient in your favour."

"Hmph. I just got lucky. And something tells me that it is the first of many times I'm getting lucky today."

His hands suddenly fly to my waist as he pushes me against the hall's lockers.

"Back off, Taehyung." I warn.

"I'm not one to loose, Y/N. And I lost a kiss that should've been mine because of Jimin. You owe me."

"I owe you nothing. Let go of me or I'll use force."

"Empty words, Y/N." He says, but his grip loosens slightly.

Somehow, even subconsciously, he knows to be afraid of my strength.

Smart boy.

"You damn teenagers, always trying to put things where they don't belong." The principal's assistant, an elderly woman walks by and hits us with her papers. "Both of you, to the office."

"Y/N? What are you here for?" Jimin asks as I come in.

"Don't bother." I growl, mad. The principal takes one look at me and nods, letting me know I'm free to go.

"You're just letting her go? She provoked this young man-"

"I'm very familiar with this student. She did no such thing, and there clearly is a misunderstanding. Y/N, to class."

"Thanks." I nod. "I'll be going then. Can Jimin come?"

"Go for it." He shrugs.

"Thanks for breaking me out of there." He grins as we leave.

"Why were you in there, Jiminie?"

"They thought I spray painted my initials on the back of the gym doors. But after a locker check they didn't find anything so they started asking me questions."

"Did you do it?"

"Of course not." He says. "Will you walk me to class?"

"Sure." I sigh.

"Is everything okay with you and Taehyung?" He takes my hand.

"Don't worry about it. It's just a misunderstanding." I explain.

"Okay." He says gently. "I wanted to make sure."

"Are you in this class with Mark?" I ask as we near his room.

"Of course. He let's me take his notes, but scolds me for not making my own. But why would I do that if his are so much easier?"

"This is why Mr. Kim literally wants to strangle the two of us. We're like the terror twins."

"Except we're not twins."

"I could also argue I'm not a terror."

"I've seen you arm wrestle before. Don't you dare say that to my face."

I laugh. "Bye Jiminie."

"Bye, Y/N. Head to class soon so you don't get in trouble, okay?"

"Sure, I'm on it."

However, when I reach my class room I walk by it, heading all the way to the janitor's closet. I pull out my cellphone, dialing a familiar number.

"Everything okay, Y/N?" Yoongi's soothing voice awaits me on the other side.

"I need a favour."

"No, I can't ask the swiss branch to send chocolates again-"

"That's not it. Can you run a background check on someone for me?"

"Do you think you've found someone in the A.S.C.?"

"I'm not sure what I think. I just... I'd feel better knowing more about him."

"Who is it?"

"He goes by the name of Kim Taehyung."

~~~~~~~~~

"I thought you said you were going to kidnap her later today. Shouldn't you get going?"

"She doesn't trust me enough. I'm working on it."

"That's okay. I'm clearly a patient man. I've been waiting how long for her to come home?"

"Six years, sir."

"Six years. Another couple weeks mean nothing. But I want you to promise me you will not fail. I've given you a large role in her capture, and I don't want you to regret the chance you've been given."

"I will not sir. The A.S.C. will not chase after Y/N anymore."

"Because now, I have a flawless plan to make her fall into my trap. And by the time she suspects me, there will be nowhere to run."