Taehyung's Ending

Amnesia

When Taehyung sees Yoongi, his eyes widen. He starts to reach for his gun, but I shake my head.

 

"There's no need! Come on!" I push myself to my feet and grab his hand.

 

"Wait, Y/N!"

 

I tightly weave our fingers to ensure he doesn't let go. I don't know who would win in a gunfight between Tae and Yoongi. I don't want to take any risks. Tae would have mercy. I can't say that about Yoongi.

 

"Which way to the roof?" I ask.

 

"Up?" He tilts his head at me as we run.

 

"No, I mean how do we get up there?"

 

"Uh, stairs?"

 

"Okay, wise guy, you lead!" I sigh and push him ahead.

 

He listens, tightly pulling me through crowds of A.S.C. agents and workers who are carrying piles of papers upstairs. Our cargo.

 

"The moment they're done, we take off." He says. "We're going to do all the stuff we can in preparation."

 

"Got it." I call back. "Uh, V?"

 

"Yes?"

 

"I remember I used to fly planes, but I don't exactly remember how to do it."

 

"Well, hopefully that will kick in when we get up there." He says as we start on several flights of stairs.

 

"And if it doesn't?"

 

"Well, there's a reason why there's two pilots, I'll put it that way. We just have to hope that one is enough."

 

We arrive on the roof, and all the doors are open with boxes practically being tossed inside. Tae and I hop in when there is a slight lag, and head straight to the pilot's compartment.

 

"Yellow switch."

 

"Then green then blue. I'm on it, no worries." I murmur as the routine starts to kick in, and my fingers move without me telling them.

 

"I knew it would kick in."

 

"So can you tell me what would happen if it didn't?"

 

"Well, If I wasn't good enough we'd both be dead."

 

"Oh, fun." I say as I sit, putting in a head set to listen for a clear altitude.

 

"Very- I'm going to check on the cargo situation. You finish preparing."

 

"On it." I say, writing down an altitude when I hear it's okay.

 

"We're done. Let's go." He says after a couple minutes, throwing himself into the main pilot's chair.

 

"We'll be cruising at a comfortable 36,000 ft today." I say and he laughs.

 

"So please sit back, relax, and enjoy your exciting flight to Morocco."

 

"I thought it was New York?"

 

"Morocco sounded better."

 

I laugh. "Whatever you say, champ."

 

~~~~~~~~~

 

When we arrive, people greet us very politely and professionally.

 

"We have branches all over the world, but the Korean branch is in charge. Namjoon is the grandson of the founder." He mumbles as we walk past.

 

"Is that why they're afraid of us?"

 

"One of us, alone, has more power than all of them combined. We could easily shut down this branch if we saw fit." He mumbles. "They need to make a good impression."

 

They lead us to dorms, the two of us receiving a nice solo room right across the hall from each other.

 

We're shown the cafeteria and everything, but we then insist on working to ensure the papers are out in their right spots. I don't want to deal with an angry Namjoon when he gets back from that show.

 

Tae and I are both grouchy, as we've just done a long flight and we have no idea how things are in Korea. I hope Woozi, GD, and Rain are okay. Namjoon and CL too- none of them deserve to die.

 

I'll have to send my mom a note at some point. I'll use paper from Australia, a pen from China and then send it from Mexico- that way there are no leads to where I am. I'll be conscious of not leaving anything more than my fingerprints on it.

 

When we're done, Tae and I are both wiped. They inform us dinner will be in an hour, and we're both starving. We promise to meet right when we're done showering so we can head down together- not a lot of people know Korean. I just barely remember English from when I lived in Quebec for a year, but even that was mainly French.

 

When I'm done, I knock on his door. "V, are you done?"

 

"Of course. I was done early and I heard your shower was still running, so I left it." He explains.

 

"I appreciate that." I smile. "Are you ready to head down?"

 

"I'm good to go."

 

~~~~~~

 

"You lived in Canada for a year, right? Do you have any idea what they're saying?"

 

"I was in Quebec. We spoke French there. I don't know enough English to understand them."

 

"Should we laugh to make it sound like we're having more fun?"

 

"V, come on." I say, trying not to laugh. "That's so childish."

 

“Childish or not, we can’t let them think we’re lame.”

 

"Okay fine." I laugh, but it's genuine. "I don't know how to deal with you."

 

He laughs with me, and follows it with a quiet "Yes." afterwards.

 

I shake my head with a smile. "How on earth am I ever going to live this way?"

 

"Well, I guess we should start learning English. We should ask someone to teach us."

 

"Tae, I know so many damn languages from all the places I've lived. I've tried several times to learn English- it's freaking hard."

 

"Well, this time we have to commit. We're not moving, or at least, not for a long time."

 

"." I whine softly. "All I remember is 'where is the bathroom?'."

 

"Ah! There!" Someone points and I turn red.

 

"Ah. Thank you." I bow lightly and leave while Tae laughs so hard he has to take a walk.

 

~~~~~~

 

"Everyone is so freaked out right now." Tae comments as he and I walk laps around the compound.

 

"Well, Namjoon is coming." I say. "The boss of their boss' boss."

 

"I don't remember them being this flustered when we came."

 

"It was just a week ago. They were pretty worried about us."

 

"Not as worried as they are now." He mutters as we head upstairs.

 

We, along with the New York head and her assistants are their welcoming committee.

 

"Do you know who's coming?"

 

"CL and GD were asked to stay behind, and Rain and Woozi were supposed to come. But of course, GD and Rain are never one without the other, so I don't know for sure. I guarantee GD at least fought Namjoon on it."

 

"I ship them. I want them to date."

 

"You do realize they're like brothers to each other, right?"

 

"Yeah, but brothers that should fu-"

 

We walk into the head of the New York branch as we weren't paying attention. "Ah- sorry, sorry." We say in English.

 

She gives us a smile, but I know she's mad. "No problem."

 

We stand inside, looking out until the plane is properly landed, and then we all file out. Other agents are behind us, but they keep their distance as we step closest to the stairs where they will be exiting.

 

A couple of agents from the A and B squad file out, carrying luggage and more papers and other things from the Korean base. Namjoon is one of the last out, covered in scabs. He carries several bags at once, but when he sees Tae and I he drops them to pull us into big hugs.

 

When he holds me, he kisses the top of my head which earns him a jealous look from Tae. His hug with him is much shorter, but still friendly.

 

"Are you two okay?" He asks us, looking us up and down.

 

"We're fine. We barely saw any of the fight."

 

"Good. That pleases me." He then turns to the New York leader, explaining things to her in English. She bows when he speaks, and they shake hands when he's done.

 

"Y/N, you're in charge of all Korean operations while I'm gone. I'm heading back to ensure the move is done properly. You each may select your own squad to control out of the people I've brought."

 

"Don't you think those are some pretty large squads?"

 

"Well, there is one more leader." He says as another person starts leaving the plane.

 

"Woozi?"

 

"Hey." He smiles, but is slow and careful.

 

"Make sure he rests an appropriate amount. He was shot." He mumbles to us.

 

"I doubt he will. He and Y/N are too much alike for that."

 

"Is Rain not coming?"

 

"I couldn't convince GD to let him come- or rather, he wanted to come with him. He wanted to replace Woozi, but I wanted him here where there is more paperwork and less physical work."

 

"Tell me that carrying a huge stack of papers is easy one more time and I'll literally die."

 

"Whether he says it or not, you may die anyways. You look like hell warmed over."

 

"Thanks, ."

 

"Any time."

 

"Well, I should go. I can't stay." He sighs, looking back at the plane. "They're done refuelling."

 

"So soon?"

 

"There's absolute chaos over there. They need me." He sighs. "One last hug before I go. All of you."

 

As we pull it in, he begins whispering to us. "Keep an eye out. Make sure things are as they should be. I trust the three of you to keep this place in perfect condition. Make any changes you see fit, and I do mean any. Be the leaders I know you are." He starts to let go, but as I pull away he grabs my wrist and steals a kiss.

 

Tae quickly pulls me away, and Namjoon gives him a confused look.

 

"You wouldn't want to miss your flight, Namjoon." He smiles, but I can sense the anger that he hides underneath.

 

"Uh, yeah. I'll see you three later, I guess." He nods at us before saying goodbye in English to the head of the new York branch before heading back inside for take-off.

 

We're pulled inside so the plane can take off safely, and Woozi looks at me.

 

"Why did you let him kiss you?" Tae frowns.

 

"I didn't exactly get a lot of warning-"

 

"So? We're in front of a bunch of A.S.C agents- not to mention Woozi and I had to suffer through it too!"

 

I sigh. "Tae, I'm sorry I made you mad but I really had no control-"

 

"Woozi, aren't you going to say something to her?"

 

"Ivory, remember that thing we talked about in the library? The problem that shouldn't be your priority but top 5 or top 3."

 

"You mean..." I raise an eyebrow.

 

"Yes." He nods.

 

Okay, so love life. . I hate thinking about it.

 

"What about it?"

 

"It just became a priority, just now. You need to figure out where everyone stands and make a decision. Because if it's not done by Namjoon's return, you're going to be in a really bad spot."

 

"What does that mean?"

 

"Doesn't matter. I got it."

 

"So, where's our room?"

 

"Uh, no. We have separate rooms. I am not giving up my own bathroom."

 

"Wait, we have bathrooms in our rooms? Man, the New York compound is already so much nicer."

 

"Um, excuse me?" A small Korean girl steps forward.

 

"Sorry, yes. What do you need of us?"

 

"I've been asked to thank you for your safe arrival." She bows to Woozi. "And the three of you are to follow me to the medical ward."

 

"Why? I'm fine."

 

"We want to ensure no further injuries were sustained during travel and that the wounds are still clean of infection." She smiles.

 

"Come on Woozi." I put my hand on his shoulder and gently push him forwards to follow her.

 

"What! Y/N, you're on her side? Shouldn't you be like ' medical care!'?"

 

"I'm not the one injured." I point out. "So this is for your good."

 

"And how are they hurting you when they try to help?"

 

"They're holding me back."

 

"Well have you ever considered that we love you and we want you to get better-"

 

"God, will you two shut the hell up? Just take us to the med ward."

 

She smiles at us, trying to hold back laughter. "It'd be my pleasure."

 

"So how many people speak Korean here?" Woozi asks.

 

"Fifteen people, tops. Bad news, we spend a lot of time trying to find one of those fifteen people for help. Good news, we can generally say whatever we want whenever we want without getting in trouble, and we've gotten to know those fifteen pretty well."

 

"Her name is Tia, by the way." Taehyung says.

 

"Thanks for remembering." She smiles. "Anyways, this is it. A doctor is waiting for you." She bows and leaves.

 

"Go on in, Woozi. Y/N and I are going to have a talk outside."

 

"Behave-"

 

"We will."

 

"If you hear screaming-" I begin to warn him.

 

"Don't interrupt." He finishes for me and I give Woozi a worried look.

 

He heads inside and I rub my hands together nervously. "So?"

 

"What happened with Namjoon seriously pissed me off."

 

"I can tell. You're very... tense right now."

 

"You said we would talk about the night of the party and we never did. Now is as good of a time as ever- you kissed me then, and Namjoon just kissed you. Who do you like, Y/N? You're turning us both in circles and I don't know what you want from me."

 

"I... Tae, I-"

 

"Do you like me, or do you like Namjoon?"

 

"I... I'm not sure. Namjoon and I have always had a really strong connection-"

 

"Who do you have more fun with?"

 

"You."

 

"Who do you feel safer with?"

 

"You."

 

"Who do you trust more?"

 

"You."

 

"Who would you spend time alone with?"

 

"You."

 

"So then who do you like?" He says and I suddenly realize.

 

"Tae... I... I like you."

 

"Then don't ever let him lay his hands on you again." He pulls me close and presses his lips to mine. He wraps his arms tightly around my waist, and I comfortably rest my hands on his chest.

 

He is really strong- I can feel his muscles through his shirt. How did I never notice how gorgeous he was before?

 

When we pull away, I wrap my arms around him in a warm hug as I snuggle into his body.

 

"I'm sorry for making you angry." I say softly.

 

"You're lucky you're cute. I've already forgotten." He says, resting his chin on top of my head.

 

"I'm cute? Really? I could break someone's neck with two hands tied behind my back."

 

"You're like a gremlin."

 

"Don't call me a ing gremlin."

 

He laughs, and I can feel the tremors against my heart. It feels so good, just standing this way with him. I love it. I love him.

 

"Well, seems like you two made up fast." Woozi comments as he steps out. I try to push Tae off, but he holds strong.

 

"How was the doctor's?"

 

"They gave me a bunch of stupid antibiotics to take but were smart enough to not admit me." He looks back and forth at us, trying to understand the situation.

 

"Yah, stop staring at my girlfriend Woozi. I'll trip you."

 

"What? Tae!"

 

"Girlfriend, huh?" He looks at me. "Nicely done. You get your priorities looked after quickly. In any case, I'm not to shower because I can't get the bullet hole wet so let's get food."

 

"What? Woozi, you're not going to say anything?"

 

"I've been playing matchmaker for you and Tae for years. I didn't let us grow apart because you kept wearing that ugly pink sweater- I was giving you the opportunity to fall in love with him."

 

"That sweater wasn't ugly!"

 

"It was pretty bad." Tae admits with a scrunched nose as he slowly lets go, keeping a hand on my waist.

 

"The only bad thing now is he seems to be pretty clingy- god, keep your hands to yourself for 5 damn minutes!" He hits Tae's hand off of me.

 

"I thought you wanted us to get together?"

 

"I did. Now if the two of you are done, I want food and I don't want to throw up in my mouth a little bit every time I look over at the two of you to ask for some ketchup for my goddamn fries. You know what? I'm walking in the middle." He moves in between us.

 

"All these years pushing us together and now you're pushing us apart."

 

"Don't test me child."

 

~~~~~~~~

 

We spent a long, long time managing the head of operations in New York. Tae and I decided that after being friends for years and two smooth years of dating, we probably weren't breaking up anytime soon. When Namjoon finally came to take the head of operations back for good, Tae and I broke the news that we wouldn't be remaining in the A.S.C. for much longer.

 

He was upset, but when we explained ourselves he understood. He couldn't control how either of us felt. And with our promise to stay in touch and to visit regularly, he gave us permission to leave.

 

Coming home with Tae was simultaneously the best and worst thing. Jimin and Mark nearly killed him when they saw I brought him home, and then nearly killed me when I explained I was dating him.

 

But they were so, so happy to see me. And so, so happy to know I was okay.

 

I explained that we had been running the A.S.C. for a while, making a reasonable bit of money, but decided to step down for a safer, morally okay job.

 

I also mentioned that it was mainly Tae's idea, and things seemed to mellow out a bit.

 

Tae didn't have any family, so we ended up buying a house in town, close to my family. And we also bought a little beach house in Miami, where it was only a couple hours of a flight to go see everyone in New York.

 

Not to mention, the Korean branch is still running so they have to make frequent trips to Seoul. And they always stop in on their way.

 

As for us? We're still doing management work. It pays nicely, has good hours, and the moment people hear you're from the A.S.C. there's a lot more respect. In the business world, it's an impressive connection to have.

 

As for now, we go to our vacation home every long weekend and most holidays. We use it as an opportunity to relax and have peace and quiet-

 

"Vroom! Here comes the airplane! Airplane!"

 

Or not.

 

"Tae, darling, I appreciate you feeding our daughter, but could you maybe do it slightly quieter?" I ask.

 

"Airplanes are loud though." He says and I sigh, getting off the lounger and heading to the kitchen.

 

"Babe. It's not actually an airplane- it's a spoon."

 

"You're a spoon." He sticks his tongue out.

 

"No, I am not. Nice effort."

 

"I'll make you a spoon."

 

"And how will you make me become a spoon?" I sigh with a smile.

 

"Like this!" He back hugs me and I laugh.

 

"Taehyung!" I exclaim as he lifts me.

 

"Sit with me instead of sitting outside." He says, putting me on his lap.

 

"God. You're lucky I love you." I sigh.

 

"You don't love me. You simply love all the diamonds I give you." His hand goes over my left ring finger, where he touches my wedding band.

 

"I like to say it's a very even 50/50." I joke and he leans in to kiss me when our baby starts crying again.

 

"Who would've ever thought children were so loud?" I murmur, but in amusement as he starts to spoon more baby food.

 

"Probably a lot of people." He replies. "A better question is how many people could've predicted that something could exist that's even louder than you are."

 

"Oh shut up." I say with a smile.

 

"No, you shut up." He kisses my cheek as our baby continues to cry for more food.

 

"I can only spoon so fast- please be calm!" He pleads the child.

 

"Here. Mommy's got it." I take the jar and the spoon from him, and our child slowly stops crying and starts kicking happily as she eats away.

 

Taehyung seems happier too, content to kiss my neck and hug me tightly as I look after the baby.

 

"Knock knock!" A voice calls as they knock on the front door.

 

"I'll get it. She's done anyways." I put everything down and get up to get the door.

 

"We could've just pretended no one was home and continued to cuddle."

 

"And what if it's someone important?"

 

"The only important people who wouldn't call ahead of time are people from the A.S.C. and they all know how to pick a lock."

 

I roll my eyes, opening the front door.

 

"GD! Rain!" My expression turns into a wide smile when I see them.

 

"It was someone important, Taehyung!" I call.

 

"Who is it?" He calls back.

 

"Don't be rude and come visit!" I turn to them. "Come on in, come in."

 

I give them both hugs as they pass by me, and as the three of us head into the kitchen Tae has finally gotten her out of her high chair.

 

"Is that my darling goddaughter?" Rain's face lights up. "Can I hold her?"

 

"Sure, go ahead man." Tae smiles, handing him our baby.

 

"You know, sometimes I think he loves that kid more than he loves me." He mumbles.

 

"I do!" He blows a raspberry on her stomach.

 

"Marry her then." He scoffs.

 

"Don't say that." He winces.

 

"Speaking of marrying, how is wedding planning going?" I ask.

 

"Okay- we just picked a venue. Do you have any idea how particular this guy is about EVERYTHING?"

 

"You told me I could have whatever I wanted- so I'm getting whatever I want." He replies with a smile.

 

"Story of my life." Taehyung sighs.

 

"Are you still able to house our squad for those days before and after the wedding?" Rain asked.

 

"Yeah, no worries." I smile. "We have enough room. It's actually really nice for you two to have it in Miami. Really convenient for Tae and I."

 

"I just really like beaches." Rain smiles.

 

"In which case, why don't you two love birds grab some towels and go sit on the beach while I get us some lemonade?" I smile.

 

"Can we take her?" He asks.

 

"Sure- put sun screen on her while you're at it." I toss GD a bottle. "Don't miss an inch!"

 

"It's like she thinks we don't understand babies."

 

"Or sunscreen." He mumbles back as he grabs four towels for all of us.

 

Tae laughs as the two head out to the beach.

 

"I'm so happy for them." I smile as I begin juicing lemons.

 

"No one was surprised though." Taehyung watches them as they sit down on their towels, before starting the near impossible task of sunscreening a one year old child.

 

"Hm, no one was. But that's because they're perfect for each other."

 

"Just like us." He takes my hand and intertwines our fingers.

 

"Yeah, just like us." I smile and place my free hand on his cheek.

 

"I love you." He says suddenly.

 

"I know, babe." I laugh. "That was what getting married was about."

 

There noises out on our private beach as our daughter grabs handfuls of sand and throws them at GD, much to Rain's amusement. GD tries desperately to interest her in other things, like the towel, so she'll sit still, but Rain's laughter is too contagious.

 

"No. I really, really love you. I want to be with you forever." He says, drawing my attention back to him.

 

"Again, marriage dearest." I smile lovingly at him.

 

"That's not enough. I want you." He says and I hit his chest with a laugh.

 

"Not only is our daughter still awake, but we have guests. Go on, out onto the beach. It looks like they could use a hand and she cannot get sunburned."

 

"Okay." He smiles, kissing my cheek before heading out back while I finish the lemonade.

 

If there's anything I love, it's watching him bound across the sand like a puppy to join them. He makes quick work of the sunscreen as Rain helps GD brush off all the sand.

 

And when the drinks are done, I join them. I even bring a sippy cup of water for the baby.

 

They tease me for being a helicopter mom, but I don't care. My baby is going to have the best care. She always will, just like all the other kids we'll have the pleasure of having.

 

As Rain and GD recount their stories of wedding planning, I think about all I have to look forward to. I have everything I could've asked for. My own, private escape. A good job. The love of my life. A family. Children.

 

My gaze falls on Taehyung as he laughs at something Rain said.

 

He's been bugging me for another child since we had our first. It's been three weeks... I've been waiting for a good moment to tell him but haven't had the chance. I guess he'll figure it out eventually if I don't tell him.

 

"Why don't you look at me the way Y/N looks at Taehyung?" He asks Rain.

 

"I look at this cutie the way Y/N looks at Taehyung." He lifts our daughter.

 

"Why don't you marry her instead then?" He scoffs with a smile.

 

"I will."

 

"What the hell is your problem?" He hits them but does so with a smile.

 

"We've just been together for too many years." Rain smiles and takes GD's hand, intertwining their fingers.

 

"Hey, you have to get married before you think about divorce." I say as I lean back onto the warm sand.

 

"How long do we have to wait?"

 

"Hm, I took three months." I say, joking around.

 

"What?" Tae shoots me a look.

 

"She's being sarcastic."

 

"Says who?"

 

"Yah! I'll be mad if you say those things!"

 

"Hey, sometimes being mad creates interesting, never before thought of possibilities." Rain says as GD begins choking on his lemonade next to him.

 

"Is that true, huh?" He looks me up and down and I roll my eyes.

 

I've definitely come a long way. I have the best friends the world could ask for. My family is perfect. And I'm doing things no one could have ever expected.

 

But then again, I never thought the popular kid in my class would be my best friend that I had forgotten who also happened to be one of the best agents in A.S.C. history which was also conveniently run by my cheating ex-boyfriend.

 

Huh. Life. It's funny sometimes.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I forgot to upload yesterday so double update today~!

 

~The Fanfic Train