Yoongi's Ending

Amnesia

When Yoongi grabs me, he doesn't let go. His grip is tight as he pulls me into a tight hug.

 

"Y/N-"

 

I push Yoongi to the ground, falling with him. "Tae, run!"

 

"But Y/N, Namjoon will-"

 

"Who gives a about Namjoon? They're taking people down! Get on that plane and get the out of here!"

 

"Y/N, what exactly are you trying to pull here?" He starts to fight me, pushing me off as I use all my force to pin him.

 

"I won't let you hurt him!"

 

"Y/N, he's a criminal!"

 

"See? Go!" I say and he sprints off.

 

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" He growls, twisting my arm so I stop pinning him down.

 

"I'm saving a friend." I say.

 

"The friend of my enemy is not my friend." He frowns.

 

"So what does that mean about us then?" I ask.

 

"I guess you're not my friend." He looks down. "I can't believe that you side with the liers and criminals."

 

I can't help it when my fist connects with his side, knocking the air out of him and sending him back on the ground.

 

"They may be criminals. Some of them are liers. But let me tell you, they love me more than anyone I've ever known. They would die for me. And yes, you have bad experiences with them- but in what world is a bunch of orphans trying to make names for themselves bad?"

 

He growls, sweeping a leg underneath me. I don't fall, but the hit stings. I touch the skin as he stands again- it's burning to the touch and will definitely bruise.

 

"When in that world with the orphans, they decide to make names for themselves by murdering and thieving and ruining people's lives- do you even remember what they did to you? Do you even remember that you spent all of your life afraid that they would find you? That they would kill you and your family- don't you remember that?"

 

"Yes, Yoongi." I hiss. "I remember."

 

"So then what hell are you thinking?"

 

"At least they give me warning when they're about to do something drastic- at least they told me about moving to New York-"

 

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

 

"I saw the file in your office, okay?" I start to cry, and he reaches to hug me but I hit his hand away.

 

"What file? Y/N, what are you talking about?"

 

"You want me to be arrested! No bail, in a prison where I'll never see the light of day and I'll be kept with the world's most dangerous criminals-"

 

He suddenly grabs me by the collar, and I expect him to punch me, but he presses his lips to mine.

 

When he sees my shocked expression, he smiles. "I had to shut you up somehow." His face drops. "As for those papers... they're my father's. He placed them in my possession as I'm leading your case... and he didn't want it to be his fault if anything happened to them."

 

"Are you not going to mention what's written?" I exclaim.

 

"Look, Y/N, we don't have time with this. You're coming back with me and you and I will talk about it when we get home."

 

"Uh, home? Excuse me, since when do we live together?"

 

"Since now. They clearly know where you live, so it's safer for you stay with me. I can also protect you from any attacks."

 

"And will you be doing so by placing me in a three walled room with steel bars?"

 

"Okay, that's it." He grabs me and heists me over his shoulder.

 

"Min Yoongi!"

 

"Oh, please say my name louder. I really want every single agent here to know exactly who I am."

 

"Well, they already do- don't you remember when they stole that file?"

 

", now I do." He sighs as he starts carrying me down the hall, jogging at a sustainable pace. We meet six fully armed agents who are waiting for us just around the corner. Two walk behind us, and four lead the way for Yoongi so he won't get hurt.

 

They me immediately into the back of a police car, and I can't even see mom or Jimin or Mark, despite the fact they're barely 30 feet away.

 

Yoongi takes the keys from the officers, starting the car and pulling out of the driveway. I'm silent, but after a few moments I speak up.

 

"Yoongi, Jail is the other way. I think you're lost."

 

"And if I am?"

 

"I don't want to die in the woods. I will guide you literally anywhere else." He laughs.

 

"I'm not taking you to prison, sweetheart. For the last time, you're coming home with me."

 

"What? But I remember- I'm guilty!"

 

'Hey Y/N? If you're wondering when you should shut the up, anytime now would be fine.'

 

"I don't personally think you're one for murdering people-" he pauses for a moment. "-without good intent."

 

"Can people be killed with good intent?"

 

"To save the life of another." He says. "If someone just shot three people and then you stabbed them, that would be good."

 

"Never become a judge."

 

"Not really something I was trying to be, but thanks for the advice."

 

"So, why the police car if I'm not being detained?"

 

"I don't like waiting and I thought this would be faster."

 

"Amen. I've never seen someone so mad about me being thirty seconds late."

 

"I said 6:30 sharp. I meant it."

 

"Why are you like this?"

 

"It's how I was raised- my father is even more of a perfectionist than I am."

 

"That's not possible."

 

"You'd be surprised."

 

~~~~~~~

 

"How'd you get the files anyways?" Yoongi murmurs as we're going through my camera roll.

 

"I broke into the safe." I shrug.

 

"But it's a custom password- oh god no." His face suddenly flushed. "It- it wasn't- uh, you know, uh-"

 

"It was. Wasn't too hard to guess- I mean, it is my name."

 

"Uh- uh huhn. I have to go." He suddenly gets up, bright red.

 

"And do what- change the password to your safe?" I ask.

 

"No-"

 

"My recommendation is Mr. Y/N. Or Mrs. Yoongi. Maybe Agent x Client? Or Cliag. Calgient. Cligent."

 

"Get out of my house." He embarrassedly runs up the stairs.

 

"You're the one that made me move in!" I call.

 

"And I regret it everyday!" He calls back.

 

"I'm gonna tell Hobi!"

 

"Do it!"

 

"Fine!" I pull out my phone. "Hobi Hobi!"

 

"Yes Y/N?"

 

"Yoongi is bullying me again."

 

"What is he doing? Don't tell me he's touched you- I'm on my way over. Can you lock yourself in a bathroom? He's really strong don't fight him if you don't have to-"

 

"Hobi, I'm joking."

 

"Oh. That's a relief." He let's out a shaky breath. "When is he letting you go home anyways?"

 

"I don't know- why is this a problem?"

 

"It's just... well... I'm worried about you spending so much alone time with him. He's known to have quite the temper. And not the best way of expressing himself."

 

"What are you so afraid of?"

 

"Look, Y/N. I grew up with Yoongi. There weren't really a lot of adults around, because my parents were gone and his father was too busy working to pay attention to him. No one really put him in line, and as the chief's son he did anything he wanted. He never liked me, not until you came into the picture."

 

"I'm sure that's not true-"

 

"It is. He has a very specific way of expressing hatred, and you know it when you see it." He sighs. "You've made him a warmer person overall. He's still my boss, but at least I'm not scared of being around him anymore."

 

"Why were you scared?" I ask softly.

 

"... he likes to hit things. People. Whatever is around." He murmurs on the other end. "But between getting older and meeting you, I think he finally has the chance to change. He's opened his heart more than ever before... and if you can convince him to change his ways then I know he'll never try it again."

 

"Hobi, I owe you a big hug next time I see you. I promise, no matter what the occasion is."

 

"Thank you Y/N- please stay healthy and safe-"

 

"Y/N! Upstairs please!"

 

"I will, okay? He's calling me."

 

"Bye Y/N." He sounds disappointed but I know he understands.

 

"Bye Hobi." I hang up and quickly hurry up to Yoongi.

 

"What's up?" I ask and he sighs heavily.

 

"You and I are going into town for a week in a couple of days. My father needs to speak with me and he'd like to meet you."

 

"That's right... I've never met him. Isn't he a very high ranked official?"

 

"Unfortunately, yes. Start packing, and bring at least one day of nice clothes."

 

~~~~~~~

 

We walk down the streets together, amazed by the people and the liveliness of downtown.

 

Suddenly, a man bumps into me and I gasp. I nearly fall over, but Yoongi catches me. "Hey, careful." He takes my hand and intertwines our fingers. "Don't let go. I don't want you to get hurt."

 

"Uh, okay." I feel heat rising to my cheeks and he smiles.

 

"Cute." He smiles at me as we continue walking down the streets. "You know, you're right. Coming down early was a good idea. We get to relax and spend time alone-"

 

His phone starts ringing in his pocket.

 

"Great. It's Natalie." He grumbles and picks up.

 

"Natalie...?" I mumble, having never heard the name before.

 

"Hey, what's up?"

 

"What- oh , I'm sorry. I know I said I'd buy you dinner tonight, but I'm going to have to cancel... No, it's not that. I just... uh, I just can't. Maybe I'll drop in after I see my father tomorrow. Okay. Thanks for doing that, Hun-"

 

'Did he just call her hun?' My eyes widen. 'I thought he liked me!'

 

"Yeah, sure. Okay, talk to you later. I miss you too." He rolls his eyes. "Bye."

 

"Everything okay?" I try to keep my voice normal. "That sounded important."

 

"Hmm? Oh Natalie- don't worry about her. She's not important."

 

"Seems pretty important to me- you don't call me Hun." I grumble.

 

"Sorry?" He asks as he couldn't hear me.

 

"Nothing. We should start heading to the hotel. It'll be late when we get there, even if we leave now. Besides, we have an early morning tomorrow." I say and I start walking ahead, tearing my hand from his.

 

"Yah, Y/N! Wait for me!"

 

"I will not be your plaything, Yoongi." I grumble as he tries to keep up.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

"There's... only one bed?" I ask.

 

"Sorry. They were booked full and this is all I could get." He shrugs. "I guess we'll have to make a pillow wall if you're really sensitive about this stuff. I am not sleeping on the floor."

 

"... Whatever." I sigh. "Three nights sharing a bed won't kill us."

 

"That's the spirit. I think I'm going to go check out the pool. Do you want to come?"

 

"Why don't you ask Natalie to go with you?" I ask him.

 

"Why would I do that?" He tilts his head curiously. "She has work."

 

"Never mind." I shake my head. "I'm going to shower and go to sleep."

 

"Okay then." He shrugs. "Goodnight." He kisses my forehead on his way out, which pisses me off.

 

I make sure to clean my face extra thoroughly tonight.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

"Mr. Min will see you now." The secretary looks us up and down. He's in a suit, and I'm in a slick black dress.

 

When the secretary opens the door and we step inside, I instantly understand all of Yoongi's issues.

 

I mean, just looking at him you can tell he's an .

 

"Ah, Ms. Y/N. Thank you for coming."

 

"Thank you for having me, Mr. Min." I bow.

 

"It is a pleasure to meet you, after everything I've heard." He extends his hand and I shake it. "Between all the paperwork and stories, I feel like I practically know you."

 

"Well, I do hope the files made a good impression then."

 

"An impression they certainly did make." He gives me an up and down and I want nothing more than to hit him.

 

Yoongi clears his throat and brings me back to earth. "May we sit?"

 

"Don't bother. I don't expect this to take long." His father says as he himself sits down. I'm careful to not shake in my heels as I move next to Yoongi.

 

"Yoongi, how long have you been in charge of Y/N's case?"

 

"A year, sir. Ever since we determined she was moving to Korea next."

 

"And what have you accomplished in that year?"

 

"I kept her alive."

 

"And?"

 

"And I... I worked on staff management-"

 

"He's grown a lot as a person, Mr. Min." I cut him off, seeing he's struggling to think of things that will impress his father. "He thinks things through logically rather than following his heart. He doesn't take his anger out on people. And he doesn't let money drive him- which is very different from the large portion of society." I aim my last sentence at him, and it doesn't go unnoticed.

 

"Ms. Y/N, I must say- I'm surprised it took so long for the A.S.C. to return you. I do think your lip is a bit of a flaw- but then again, they are a bunch of criminals so you must fit right in."

 

"Listen here, jackass." I slam my hand down on his desk, and my ring chips off some of the wood. Good.

 

"Your son has done a tremendous job and deserves all the praise in the world. You think I'm a piece of ? Guess who just spent every single day of a year greeting me with a smile. He's more mature than you- at least he can hide what he thinks versus showing it on his sleeve."

 

"Y/N, maybe you should wait outside." Yoongi says softly, but I can tell he's not mad.

 

"No. I won't wait outside. You said your father wanted to meet me and talk to you about your position in the branch. And he can't just fire you because he's envious that you're a better person and a better worker than he will ever be."

 

"Y/N, do you have any idea who you're talking to? I'm the head of the protection services branch- I control all police, detectives, you name it for all of Korea."

 

"Mr. Min, do you have any idea who I am? I literally could not give less of a who you are. I spent my entire life running with the fear of being killed. Do I look like I have anything to lose?"

 

"All that says is you have nothing."

 

"Listen here you misogynistic rich prick-"

 

"Y/N, wait outside." He says firmly.

 

"But-"

 

"Outside. Take a walk."

 

~~~~~~~

 

I've been waiting for close to half an hour when the elevators open and a young woman steps out. Her face lights up in recognition when she sees me.

 

"Oh, hey Y/N. What are you doing here?"

 

"Oh, I'm waiting for Yoongi." I say. "He's with his father right now." I scan her face, trying to place her. I don't recognize her at all.

 

"Oh, where are my manners? I've seen you but you've never seen me- I'm Natalie. I'm Yoongi's partner."

 

She's his partner.

 

God it makes me mad. She's so pretty too. No wonder he dates her, not me- he wants her body but my company. That's so sickening.

 

"Have you been waiting long?" She asks sweetly.

 

"About half an hour."

 

"Yoongi is such a slow poke." She rolls her eyes but it's with a loving smile. "I'll try and hurry him up."

 

"Don't bother. I think I'm just going to call a cab." I grumble, standing and leaving.

 

"It was nice meeting you!" She calls as she starts to head into his father's office.

 

"I wish I could say the same." I murmur before stepping into the elevator.

 

~~~~~~~~

 

"You're lucky he didn't fire me." Yoongi says as he comes into our hotel room. "Natalie saved my , after what you said."

 

"He deserved it." I grumble.

 

"Deserved it or not, you shouldn't take out your anger on people who are more powerful than you."

 

"That way you can hit harder." I mumble.

 

He sighs. "Look, Hobi and I have had rough patches, okay? But that's not who I am anymore."

 

"Whatever." I grumble.

 

"Are you ready for dinner?" He asks me.

 

I look in the mirror and sigh. "Yeah. I guess this will do."

 

The room's door bell rings.

 

"Natalie is always such a punctual girl." He smiles and checks his watch.

 

"Is she coming to dinner?" The hint of jealousy sneaks out and I suppress it.

 

"Why would she? Tonight is an us night. She and I will hang out some other time." He says as he opens the door.

 

"Here it is." She smiles sweetly and hands a bag to him. "So sorry about forgetting it earlier."

 

"Well, you were preoccupied." He sighs. "I would've forgotten it in his office too." He looks to me. "Y/N, come here."

 

"Yes?" I sigh and walk to the door.

 

"I don't think you've ever been properly introduced- this is my assistant, Natalie Hun."

 

"Wait, her last name is Hun?"

 

"Uh, yeah?" She tilts her head.

 

"You're a ing idiot." I mumble to myself, pinching the bridge of my nose.

 

"Wait, all those times I called her Hun- you didn't think it was a pet name, did you?" His face grows into a smile as he sees me wince. "You did, didn't you? Is that why you've been so mad at me since we got here?"

 

"Shut up. I have to go use more hairspray." I mumble, heading into the bathroom and shutting the door.

 

I hear him and Natalie laugh at the door, and I'm super embarrassed but also happy. Thank god he isn't a playboy.

 

When I hear her leave, I step out of the room. Yoongi smiles at me. "How's your hair?"

 

"Great, thanks." I mumble.

 

"Good to hear." He smiles. "So, since you know I'm not dating Natalie, can we be friends again?"

 

"We've always been friends." I murmur.

 

"Sure." He smiles and rolls his eyes. "You know, when I said I liked you, I meant it. I'm not someone who messes with several girls."

 

"I know that now. And I'm sorry I doubted you."

 

"You never gave me an answer."

 

"Yoongi, I-"

 

"I don't want it now. At dinner."

 

"I'm not waiting. I like you too."

 

"Oh, do you now?" He smiles.

 

"Yes." I say firmly.

 

"Good. Because this wasn't exactly the easiest thing to get my hands on." He grabs the bag Natalie brought him and pulls out a velvet box.

 

"What is it?" I ask curiously as he hands it to me.

 

"Open it." He gestures to it with his chin.

 

It's a small, rose gold pendant in the shape of a heart. It's got our initials engraved in it, and you can see it if the light shines just perfectly on it to make it shine.

 

"Yoongi." I look at him.

 

"Is it to your tastes? I'm okay if you'd prefer silver- I can have another one made."

 

"No, this one is perfect. Do you mind?" I ask, handing him the necklace so he can put it on me.

 

It sits comfortably over my heart, the metal cool and soothing. A reminder to me that he's always watching over me, and he'll protect me as best as he can.

 

A reminder that he loves me.

 

~~~~~~

 

Yes, he wasn't fired by his father. But he didn't stay long. He ended up quitting to be a musician, running a compositional company. I was his receptionist, personal assistant, and 'stress reliever'. He took good care of me, and was a good husband- meaning that I would sometimes have to be a good wife and abandon some morals so that he would make it through the afternoon without snapping. At least we're not having more kids.

 

We have one son, and upon my begging we finally had a second four years later.

 

We love them to bits and pieces. Even when they break things (which is often). We still love every stupid, expensive, annoying part of them.

 

Atleast they're in school now. They're not our problem during the day.

 

The phone rings.

 

"Hi, you've reached eighth note productions, how can I-"

 

"Babe, It's me. I need you upstairs in my office, now."

 

"Yoongi, it's the third time this week."

 

"I know but I need you this time." He groans. "Please? Don't make me do all the work myself."

 

"The other ladies are going to get suspicious." I murmur, glancing at my fellow receptionist just a handful of feet away.

 

"Let them. If they cause any problems I'll just fire them."

 

I sigh. "Give me five."

 

"I love you."

 

"I know you do."

 

I look over. "Mariah, I'm going to need you to cover my phone. Yoongi needs me to run some errands as an assistant."

 

"No problem." She whispers before returning to her phone call.

 

I head up the elevator to his office, where he's impatiently waiting.

 

"There's the world's best wife." He smiles as I lock the door behind me.

 

"You're cooking dinner tonight."

 

"I'm cooking dinner. Whatever. Can we get to it?" As he pulls me in for a kiss, I sigh. He is gentle but quick with me, trying to get me into the mood.

 

And I'll never tell him, but he doesn't have to try. Despite all my fuss, no one can control me the way he does. I wouldn't want anyone else to control me the way he does.

 

When I return to the desk, Mariah is eating lunch.

 

"Oh, hey. Are you okay? Your hair is a little messed up." She comments.

 

"He opened his window for air and then couldn't close it." I lie, flattening it with my hands.

 

"You guys have the weirdest relationship. If I worked for my husband, he'd be calling me to his office for something else. Oh well." She smiles and I laugh.

 

"Oh, yeah. We're weird alright."

 

Weird, yes. But we're not going anywhere.