In which she was stunning

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Which She Was Stunning

 

 

Park Chorong

 

After a week living in a castle—that’s how I spelled the hell, I finally could go back to my apartment.  I was on my way headed back to town while grumbling along the way because of the stupid house’s rules and courtesies.  I did not hate my family nor my home where I grew up to be a very smart young lady, I just hated all the strict rules and criticism which made me become timid and anxious in society.  That damn mental illness naturally withdrew me from society.  A normal people would see me as a monster who ready to explode when nothing got in line with my expectation—my rule.  They also sick of people who was being exaggerated about having contact with germ, dirtiness, and unorganized thing.  They would think that I was disgusted about them, but they actually were more disgusted about me.

Naeun had experienced the same thing, but she was much better now, especially when she started to immersed in art.  She found her way to express more about herself, and managed to get along with dirt and stain and capriciousness through art.  I could say that she was completely healed now.

“I wonder how my parent was…”  Naeun said while eating her chips in my car.

“About how they ended up together?”  I glanced at her, then back to look forward the road.

“Eung.  Although they finally divorced now.”  She replied with the mouth full of chips.

“Don’t forget to dust it away.  Those crumbs—in my car.”  I pointed out the fallen crumb chips with my chin.

“They have very different personality.  I wondered how they got together—just like my parent.”  I continued.

“But your dad is really the most patient man I ever met, Unnie.  As a man with free-spirited trait, he can manage to live with your mom peacefully.  My parent is different—it’s getting worse when they become older.  My dad has a limit—and it had already exploded.”  Naeun said softly.

“But I feel bad about my dad.  He becomes cold and empty—completely similar to my mom.”  I murmured.

“He loves my mom very much, even losing himself—the real him.”  I added.

“Come on, Unnie…  We’re on the way of freedom.  No one will scold us of being wild.”  Naeun yelled cheerfully.

I glanced at her before smiled widely.  It’s true.  I lived my own life.  I did not want to lose my real me—over something—over somebody.

“We’re here.”  I had just dropped Naeun by before heading back to my own apartment.

She unbuckled her seatbelt then gave me a light peck on both of my cheeks before getting off.

“Thank you, Unnie…  Be careful.  Don’t fight with your housemate.  See you.”  She bowed down, peeking through the car window to send me off.

“Arasseo.  Take care.  See you.”  I drove away, leaving Naeun’s place, reached closer to my own place.

Strolling in the corridor of my apartment, I felt a little cautious about the house’s condition.  The last time I left the house for a short 5 hours, the house turned to be a shipwreck.  I wondered about the condition of the house which had been left for a week.  I hoped that left it to a messy girl like Yoon Bomi was not bad enough.

I entered the password of my unit, then slid inside.  I sighed just by looking at entrance hall.  Her shoes were scattered—not placed on the rack shoe was the real situation.  I took it and placed all the scattered shoes on the rack before entering the house further.  I was in the living room, and Bomi was crouching on the couch, wrapped by her blanket, sleeping soundly.  I was disgusted just by imagining lying there later with the trace of her drools all over the couch’s surface.  And the living room was total mess.  I walked by, entering the kitchen, and shifted my sight on the stacked dishes in the sink, then moved to the island which had many food bags and leftovers left on the marble surface.

I walked back to the living room and stood in front of sleeping Bomi, with my hands placed on the hips.

“Yoon Bomi!!!”  I shouted, but she was lying still.

“Yoon Bomi!!!”  I repeated, in higher tone.

“Yoon Bomi!!!”  This time with a smack on her .

She slowly opened her eyes, reluctantly stretching her body and releasing a heavy moan from her small mouth.

“Unnie, you’re home?”  She surprised, getting up immediately.

“Ne, I come in very good timing.”  I grunted.

“I wish you to clean up all the mess you’ve made, Yoon Bomi!”  I continued, giving her a darkening and threatening gaze.

“I got it.  I am just about to clean it up, but you already came.”  She tossed away her blanket.

“Liar.”  I mouthed.

I jerked as she pulled my hand and I felt a strange feeling on my body—to be exact on my lips.  It was wet and soft—Bomi’s lips.  I pushed her away after a second late, realizing about the situation.  I wiped my lips harshly, spit it out like I had eaten the most disgusting thing ever existed.

“What are you doing!!!”  I snapped, glaring at her with piercing gaze.

“I’ve just sealed your mouth—or you’ll continue to nag me.  I don’t want to lose my time for cleaning up this mess to listen your stupid scold.”  She smirked, stretching the most insulting smile.

I was standing still while wiping off the invisible mark she had created, my eyes fixed on hers.

“Get off the way.  I need to clean up this place.”  She continued.  Pushed me away to the side without leaving her smirk away.

I rushed to my room with a mixed emotion.  While leaning my back behind my door, that short scene was coming back to my mind.  These things happened so fast until I could not defend myself to avoid her sudden movement.  I always had a sweet dream about delicate and meaningful first kiss, but that girl had ruined my dream—with just a light touch of her lips on mine.

“Unnie…  don’t think too much about that.  It’s not a kiss.  It’s just the way I stopped you from scolding me.  You can try to scold me if you want—that more.”  She teased behind my door.

I rolled my eyes and stared at her—which I could not see—behind my door, in anger.  I wanted to retort, but my sense told me not to because I knew she would tease me even more.  That was all she wanted.  Attention.  And I knew that I was the object of her silly joke.

I let myself immersed in a book to forget the upsetting morning.  Leaning on the bed head with a book on my lap and symphony on my ears slowly got me cool, calm and collected.  A knock on the door broke my soothing time.  I reluctantly walked toward the door.

“What?!”  I snapped as soon as I opened the door.

“Chill, Unnie…  I am not going to tease you.  I need your help.”  Bomi had just made a surrender pose.

I was trying hard not to burst into laughing.

“So, you only behave when you need my help?”  I scowled.

“This is my first time asking you for help—if I am not forgotten.”  She retorted lightly.

“Have you done your cleaning time?”  I asked, in unfriendly tone.

“I’ve done everything.  I even have taken bath and sprayed my cologne on.”  She spread her arms, showing her masculine scent—which I slightly loved, if I could add.

 “So, what can I help you with?”  I said, as polite as possible.

“Come to my room.”  She replied, turning her back without waiting me to answer.

“Please…”  She added.  Looking back at me who didn’t take any step.

I followed her behind.  Walking to her room.  It was my very first time entering her room—when it was officially owned by her.  When I entered her room, I could feel the masculine vibe which came from nowhere.  It just hit on my head like that.  She grabbed her guitar when I was scanning her room, looking at her stuffs and photographs which she placed on the desk.  Mostly portraits of her family.

“I have to perform, slightly showing my talent for my first class.  I have practiced a lot, and I need an evaluation from someone.  Can you watch my performance and give me a word later?”  She asked, sitting on the edge of the bed and fixing her position to hold the guitar comfortably.

“You play guitar?”  I said, a bit interested.

“Guitar is the best I can do.”  She replied confidently.

I took my step to have a seat on the chair in front of the desk and directed it to her.  I was waiting with expectation.

I was feel good when hearing her first strum.  When her fingers beautifully swung on the strings, producing a beautiful melody, I could not hide my awe.  I lied if I said I was not admiring her at this juncture.  She was cool and beautiful, sitting with her guitar on lap.  Moreover, she had beautiful voice.  Husky yet clear.  I did not believe what I was seeing—I didn’t know that I had just witnessed the most stunning side of her.

My hands naturally clapped for her when she ended her performance.  I saw her a bit surprised seeing my reaction—as well as me.  I was surprised too.  To acted spontaneously and expressively.

“Mmmmm, you’re good.  You play the guitar well—and sing well too.”  I said shyly.

“Do you really mean it?”  She asked in disbelief.

I nodded solemnly rendered her to smile widely.

“I know I am good.”  She spoke arrogantly.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter