In which we were talk of the town

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Which We Were Talk of the Town

 

 

Yoon Bomi

 

A few days without talking to her was feel like hell.  We barely talked to each other after having an argument that night.  She even refused to meet my eyes until I got tired telling her about what she should do to stop hurting her by forcing this thing out, which made me look so wrong.  She stubbornly declared herself was fine while I refused to admit that she was telling the truth about her condition.

I could not help but approach her when she was sitting on a bench in a quiet corner while some other students sitting and joking in a group, contrary to her silence and loneliness.

“Let’s talk.”  I sat beside her unannounced.

She ignored me.  Listening to the music while staring at a book on her lap.

“Silent will never solve any problem.”  I murmured, knowing that she could still hear me even though she put her earbud on.

She did not really listen to the music.  She always did.  She just pretending to ignore all the people’s talk, but she actually listening and searching of people’s thought about her.  Wondering if people talking about her behind her back.

“We have nothing to be talked.”  She replied coldly, eyes still on her book.

“I have a lot,”  I stated, taking her book away from her.

“What are you doing, Yoon Bomi!”  She growled, trying to take her book back.

“I envy this book.  You stare at it the whole time while you refuse to take a slight glance on me.”  I protested.

She pulled out her earbud and placed it tidily on its box before stuffed it inside her bag along with her iPod.

“Give it back.”  She said firmly.

“If you promise to have a talk with me,”  I said softly.

“I got it!  Give it to me.  Now.”  Her tone was assertive.

I passed her book to her and pulled her hands to it gently.

“What are you doing, Yoon Bomi!  People will notice us.”  She retracted her hands.

“Why?  I think you love skinship?”  I said lightly.

“Not until you got me embarrassed that night.”  She murmured, looking away.

“That night?”  I frowned, pretending to be puzzled about that night she was talking about.

“The night when I sit on your lap, and you said that I should not force myself.  I must be looked like a maniac.  And you always act like you know it all, saying that I am sick while I am already fine with that.  I hate the night when you’re trying to do me, Yoon Bomi—I am trying to forget it—Well, I know it’s not working, but at least I want to replace it with something good!  When I try to be opened to you, you are the one who tries to close me instead!  I don’t know you, Yoon Bomi!  You said you want me!  But, how could you do that to me!  I want to be better!  But you always say that I have to take a stupid slow move!”  She rattled.  Her eyes were broken and furious.

“I know your intention, Unnie…  I really got aroused the night you sat on my lap.  I really wanted to touch and taste every of you.  But, I did not want to hurt you.  I want us to this thing slowly—naturally.”  I tried to sound calm.

“So, you say that I am too rush and unnatural?”  She narrowed her eyes.

“I am not saying like that, Unnie…  I want to strengthen our love—our trust—instead of doing that.”

“I must be looked so cheap.”

“No, you’re not.  I am really proud you could conquer your fear.  But it was a big leap, Unnie.  I want to help you be better with slow and smooth way.  I don’t want you to get hurt.  I really mean it.  Please don’t think that you’re cheap—I also want you, Unnie…  Even now, I want to run into your arm and kiss you…”

“You made me the only one who desired for touch that night…”

“I don’t want to be a monster like that damn night…”

“It was when you drunk, but the previous night was different.  We both wanted it.”

“Even we both want it, it doesn’t mean that we both ready for that.  Please don’t force yourself.  I love you this way.  The fact that you allow me to stay by your side is enough.”  I convinced, smiling kindly to her sulky face.

“You sure?”  She was a bit calm down.

“Yeah—but I need some touch—once a while…”  I joked.

She spread a smile on her face, hit my chest lightly, rendering me to grin.

“Not this kind of touch,”  I complained.

“Silly.”  She scoffed.

The continuous joke made us forget about the time.  My heart was so much lighter after settling the thing out.  It was so true that Chorong Unnie was so naïve.  She worried over a thing in a theoretical way.  It was like that everything worked on a mathematic way which gave no option of the result.  She did not know that a problem could be solved with various ways which might be beyond our expectation.

Our nice conversation was stopped when we had to go to our next class.  We said goodbye after promised to meet for dinner after I finished my job later.  My steps were light toward the class.  Glad that we could pass the fight after a few days.

I entered my class, and the mood seemed tenser than usual.  Eunji was sitting on the middle row, staring at me in meaningful look.  I approached her, passing a group which murmuring something.

“Hi!”  I tapped Eunji’s shoulder.

She looked up, staring at me sharply.

“Why are you looking at me like that?”  I furrowed my brow.

“You’re being the headlines in class—Well, maybe in the campus,”  Eunji said in low voice.

I slumped on the seat beside her.

“It’s a good thing then…”  I said excitedly.

“I don’t know if it a good or bad thing.”  She scorned.

I was confused about Eunji’s annoyance.

“You’re just being jealous, aren’t you?  Because I become the talk of the town?”  I teased.

“Wait until you hear what they’re talking about—and you’ll lose your smile on your ing face!”  She barked.

“What do you mean?”  I began to worry.

“I don’t think I need to explain this.  They’re coming—and I believe they’ll ask to you directly.  I hope you have a diplomatic answer for them.”  Eunji lightly tapped my back.

I looked at a group of my classmates which approaching my seat.  I was a little nervous seeing them coming, wondering about what they would be going to do.

“Bomi-ya…”  One of them calling.

“Yes?”  I smiled kindly, pretending to be calm.

“Mmmm…  I heard the rumor…”

“What rumor?”  I widened my eyes.  I could feel that Eunji was as nervous as me by the fact she moving her legs rapidly.

“About you—and Park Chorong…”

“Park Chorong?  And me?”  I pointed out myself.

“Yes.  The gifted and rich one.  You know what I mean, right?”

“I don’t know what rumor which spreading…”  I was too nervous to make a long sentence.

“I heard you’re living together—and dating her…”

I was stunned, dared not to say anything because I did not know what I should say to respond it.  I knew sooner or later people would notice our relationship, but I had no clue that it would be revealed too soon.  And what worried me a lot was what Chorong unnie would do if she heard that she was being the main topic now.

I glanced on Eunji, asking for help, but she avoided my eye contact.  And I realized that she could not be any help.

“What kind of newspaper that you read?”  I tried not to look affected by the news.

“Mouth to Mouth Newspaper.”  One of the chimed.

“Hahaha…  Funny.”  I grinned.

“So, is that true?”

“What will happen if it’s true?  And if it’s wrong?”  I gave a vague answer.

“I am not surprised if you’re not straight.  But Park Chorong—she looks decent and well-bred…  I cannot believe that she’s unique.”

I was a bit hurt hearing her words, but I managed to calm myself.

“That’s why she always rejects any confession from guys.  I thought she really has a high standard of man—turns out that she is not into man.”

I balled my fist.  It was hurt me more when they talked about Chorong unnie than talked about myself instead.

“It’s so ridiculous that you believing in such hearsay.  Well, I could not disagree anymore that I am into a girl.  I like seeing pretty girl, and Park Chorong is no exception.  You all will agree with me that she’s really stunning, it’s not my fault if I fall for her.”  I rattled, keeping my face in simple and innocent look.

Eunji was looking at me in uneasy look.

“So, you’re dating Park Chorong?”  Her tone was echoing the class, and I could feel the stare was all on me.

The world likely stopped while waiting for me to answer.

“No.  I am trying to approach her—but she is not an easy catch.”  I smirked.

“She is straight, decent, well-bred, and surrounded by a bunch of great men.  I don’t even suit the level to approach her.”  I added.

“But, many of students have seen you and her hanging out together…”

“I hang out with you too…  Does it mean that we’re dating?”  I simply replied.

Eunji silently chuckled on her seat.

“But, you’re living together…  You’re not her neighbor, right?”

I was sick of their questions.  Wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter