In which we were dating

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Which We Were Dating

 

 

Yoon Bomi

 

The next morning, I was ready with my gear to go hiking, for my first date with Chorong unnie. I quickly headed out of my room when I heard she was calling out my name. I was a bit surprised when saw her in boyish looks for the first time. Without reducing her natural beauty, she still looked so enchanting in black hooded utility jacket and black track pants, and black baseball cap covering her crown. I thought she would only look good in elegant blouse or dress, but wearing those casual and activewear could also gave me goosebumps of how beautiful she was.

“Wow! I don’t know that you can be shining too with such outfits.” I smiled widely, admiring her from head to toe.

“You look—cool too.” She countered shyly, and I silently thanked my black tee and jeans under my military jacket.

“Shall we go now?” She asked excitedly.

“Can we eat something first?” I scanned the kitchen around.

“I already packed some sandwiches.” She replied.

“Really? What time did you wake up?” I gasped, shocking by her time management.

“I was preparing those sandwiches when you still had a dirty dream.” She scoffed.

“You call yourself dirty?”

“What?”

“I was dreaming about you, and you call it dirty?” I smirked naughtily.

“Whatever! Let’s go!” She turned around and walked to the front door.

I did not waste my time to search for my hiking shoes as she already prepared mine. Indeed, Park Chorong—she would not do something without preparation—and for this case, I thanked her personality.

We rode down the lift to reach the basement in silence. I was still sleepy, and she did not seem have something to talk about. It might look awkward as we did not talk each other, but I could feel the mildness even just by standing in the same room, and seeing her baby-faced face.

“Stop staring at me, Yoon Bomi!” She said coldly without looking at me.

“How do you know that I am staring at you when you’re not even looking at me?” I laughed softly.

“I can feel your lustful eyes on me.” She murmured, avoiding my eyes.

“Hahaha—it’s your fault.” I said vaguely.

“My fault?” She finally looking at me.

“It’s your fault for being so captivating, rendering me to stare over you all while.” I shifted closer.

“Cheesy.” She pushed me away.

“You’re only being good when we’re making out.” I scoffed.

“Yoon Bomi! Watch your mouth!” She widened her eyes.

“No one could hear us.” I smirked.

The clang sound of the lift saved me from her scold. Temporary. She began to nag as we got on the car.

“Don’t say such thing outside! People may hear you, and notice our relationship. You know it right, that our relationship is still taboo, and I don’t want people to take me wrong!” She nagged while buckling checking her car out.

“Chill, Unnie… No one was there. And I know what I am doing. I am not going to ruin your reputation.” I retorted.

“It’s not about my reputation, Yoon Bomi. I warn you to be more careful, and wiser.” She snarled. Her gaze was furious.

“I got it, Unnie. I was just kidding. Don’t think about it too much. You always being exaggerated over a trivial thing.” I looked away.

“So, you’re complaining about my personality?” Her tone was trembled.

I quickly looked at her, and regretted my words, about her personality.

“I am not, Unnie… I just encouraged you not to worry too much…” I said warily.

“Whatever.” She growled, and hardly moved the gear.

“Don’t let your mood ruin our first date, Unnie…” I whined.

“So, you better watch your word.” She stated coldly, rendering me to be taken aback.

“I will…” I said softly.

 

It would take about 2-3 hours from our apartment to Odaesan National Park by car. I felt bad to let Chorong unnie driving for hours straight. I noted myself to learn how to drive so I would not let her tiring herself for driving when we’re going somewhere. We were welcomed by the orange and crimson leaves of maple trees along the road. Lowering the window, I let the breeze entered the stuffy car, and let the wind our cheeks. Chorong unnie’s mood slowly returned good as we reached closer to the destination. We chatted, joked, and I even stole pecks to her cheek several times.

It was only 7 am when we entered the park. There were not many people there, and we directly headed to hiking trail as we already had breakfast in the car during the driving. Odaesan Mountain was especially famous for its beautiful autumn season. The soft crimson of the leaves set against the autumn blue sky created the most exquisite harmony. Even just before we were starting hiking, we already captivated by the endless beautiful scenery.

The routes were offered beautiful autumn color of trees which lined up on the either side of roads. The hiking course also provide the beautiful cultural properties which rested neatly and peacefully. Both Chorong unnie and I, as well others hikers could not stop admiring the beautiful scenic of the mountain.

It had been an hour and fifteen minutes upward when I almost reached my limit. I panted catching the breath. The scenery was too beautiful, and I insisted to go to peak, but my body seemed not listening to me.

“Come on, Bbom-ah… You already stopped three times to catch a breath. I don’t know that you have a poor stamina.” She chuckled seeing me breathless.

“I have a good stamina for another thing.” I winked in the middle of my heavy breath.

“Yoon Bomi!” She lifted her fist up.

“I am not talking about it, Unnie…” I smirked.

“Whatever! Come on!” She continued to step the stairs which covered by the leaves and plants.

I followed her behind reluctantly. I watched her back figure. She was not as tall as model, but her firm butts, and her perfect curve were the proofs that she exercised well. Even for a girl, I found out that she was really doable.

“Faster, Yoon Bomi! Don’t just looking at my !” She shouted, and I managed to quicken my steps.

We were closer to Birobong Peak, the trail was pretty steep, but we got more excited. We were lucky that the weather was good and clear, so that we could witness the amazing view from the top of Birobong Peak. It felt great to make it to the top, and I asked Chorong unnie for summit selfie.

“Unnie, let’s take a picture.” I grabbed her hands, and posed in front of the stone of Birobong Peak.

We stayed there for 15 minutes, enjoying the beautiful mountain scenery, and taking a lot of pictures in our first date. She could not stop smiling, broadly stretched joyful curve from her small lips. Her portrait with soft crimson was unsurprisingly beautiful. She was always beautiful, no matter what she did, what she wore, and I was grateful and proud that she was my girl.

We walked downward faster as we already familiar with the course, and we did not stop just to take the picture like we did on the way upward. Reaching down, we went to special Bibimbap restaurant for our lunch. It served with wild herbs found on Odaesan Mountain. We ate it deliciously, and it was very first time I saw Chorong unnie ate greedily, without damned table manner. I guessed she was really hungry—or might be already feeling comfortable for eating heartily.

“I am full…” She her belly.

“As well as my heart.” I said solemnly, looking into her sparking eyes.

“What do you mean?” She lifted her glass up, taking a sip of her warm tea.

“I am happy seeing you happy…” I said gently.

“Cheesy…” She said over her glass.

“But you enjoy it, right? My cheesiness.” I leaned my face forward.

“I am not.” She growled, making a retreat.

“Liar.” I mouthed as I saw her face reddened.

“Whatever.”

Cheesy—I am not—whatever—the way she uttered it was always be my favorite. Cold and shy. It was her trademark. And I could only see her adorable side when she acted that way.

“You need to drive for 2 hours or more, are you okay?” I asked worriedly.

“I am fine. I used to back and forth from my hometown to campus before I’ve lived in apartment.” She answered lightly.

“Mmmm—my I asked you something?” I said hesitantly.

“Sure.” She looked at me cautiously.

“How’s your parent? Have they called you?” I asked warily.

“They’ll come home at Christmas.” She answered shortly, beckoning not to drift it further.

“Eung. Great.”

 

Since we still had a long way to go, we decided to leave the park soon, so we could reach home not too late and had enough time to rest. I insisted to accompany Chorong unnie with little chats or jokes, but I consciously fell asleep and left her driving in silence. I woke up when we already arrived at basement parking area of our apartment, being woken up by her.

“Bbom-ah… We’re here…”

I was a bit startled when she woke me up.

“I am sorry, Unnie…” I felt guilty as I was sleeping all the way.

“You make me look like your driver.” She scoffed jokingly.

“I am really sorry…” I grinned in guilty.

I got off the car and took my backpack on backseat, and I grabbed hers, insisting to carry it along.

“I’ll carry it for you…” I said.

“It was not equitable by sleeping soundly while I was driving for hours.” She said sarcastically.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter