In which she forced herself

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Which She Forced Herself

 

 

Park Chorong

 

I rose up from my seat when I saw Eunji appeared from the entrance of the restaurant.  Her sport bag clung around her shoulder, and there was still a trace of her workout occupying her sweaty body.

“I hope it’s not too long…”  She pulled a seat beside me.

“No, I’ve just arrived ten minutes ago.”  I smiled kindly and back to my seat.

“I still feel bad to make you waiting for ten minutes.”  She grinned, showing her full teeth.

“You’re not late, Eunji-ya…  It’s me who came too early.”  I reassured.

“I know you are.”  She said lightly.  “Have you ordered?”

“Yeah, your favorite.”  I pulled out a wet tissue and wiped the wooden surface of the table.

“A bowl of warm noodle is the best after exercising.”  She said brightly.

Two bowls of warm and savory noodle arrived on our table, completed with side dishes which packed the table.  We were amazed just by the look of the noodle, and I could not be patient anymore to give a taste of it.

I cleaned my spoon before tasting the soup, and shut my eyes when I felt the water rolling down through my throat, leaving an indescribable taste which really pleasured my digestion.

“Mmmmm…  It’s really refreshing…”  I said bluntly.

“It’s not your first time visiting this place, but you still amazed by the taste…”  Eunji chuckled.

“I really appreciated a good food…”  I smiled shyly.

 I was inhaling the noodle deliciously when my phone ringing.  I pulled it out from my handbag and stared at the screen for a while.  Bomi’s name was on the screen.  I glanced on Eunji, excusing to take the call in quiet corner.

“Hello?”

“Unnie, where are you?”

“I am having dinner with Eunji.”

“With Eunji?  Only two of you?  Why do you have to eat dinner with her?”

“Why I can’t have dinner with her?”

“She…”

“We only go for dinner, Yoon Bomi!  She is really kind.  And I know you also think the same.”

“But still…”

“She is your friend—and she is my friend.  Nothing goes beyond it…  I don’t want to argue anymore.”

“Okay.  I got it.”

“Just go here if you worry about me.”

“Text me your location.  I’ll go there.”

We hung up and I quickly sent message to Bomi, giving the address.  Bomi and Eunji slowly making up their friendship.  They likely had talked about many things, and they became good friend again although Bomi sometimes still showing her jealousy toward Eunji if I cared too much about Eunji, but it was not in dangerous portion—I just found it really cute.

“Bomi called?”  Eunji asked when I went back to my seat.

“Yeah…  She’ll come here…”  I answered, lifting my chopsticks to continue eating.

“Still feeling jealous?”  Eunji chuckled.

“Ummmm…  Well…  She’s more possessive than before…”  I laughed softly.

“It’s because she had lost you before…  She doesn’t want to experience the same thing again…”  Eunji said blatantly.

“Yeah, she is better not to do the same mistake.”  I smiled.

“Are you happy?”

Eunji’s question turned me stunned.  I should lightly answer ‘yes’, but that word got stuck on my throat, and I found myself hesitated to tell my honest thought.

“Yes…”  I said warily.

“Are you sure?”  She smiled kindly.

“Yes.  I am happy for being with her again.”

“How about the attack?”

“It comes out naturally, but I am not frightened by her anymore…  I always want to be by her side…”

“Good then.  Is there anything that bother you?”  Eunji asked with eyes full of worry.

“Of course, the future get me a lot of worry…”  I murmured.

“It’s a good thing that Bomi is not the only one who worries about the future…”

“She worries too?  She doesn’t look like worrying about it?”  I frowned, could not believe about what I heard.

“She just doesn’t show that she’s worry…  You two should fight for this together if you want to working out this kind of relationship.  You should keep it balance.  It will not work out if one of you giving inappropriate amount of love and struggle.  Take and give is necessary—and love each other in equal amount.”

“I’ll keep it on my mind, Eunji-ya…  Thank you…”  I said sincerely.

“It won’t be easy…  Be strong…”

“I will.”  I said firmly.

“Aaaaa…  I got something for you…”  I looked out for a bag I placed beside my chair.

“This is Christmas present for you.  I want to give it to you on Christmas, but I could not meet you.”  I handed a big bag over her.

“What is this?”  She puzzled.  “Can I open it?”

“Mmmmm…  You better open it at home.  It will be awkward for me to see person open the gift right in front of my eyes.”  I said shyly.

“Hahahaha…  I got it.  Thank you anyway…”

Bomi arrived when we were chattering around, talking about many things that turned me excited.  A soft tap on my shoulder made me turn around and faced her sulky face.

“You look like having a great time…”  She put her on the seat beside me.

“Yes, we are.”  Eunji simply replied.

“I should not come here then…”  Bomi let out a bitter smile.

“Yeah, you should not.”  Eunji teased.

Bomi glanced at Eunji.  Feeling annoyed though she knew only was only joking.

“Stop you two!”  I hissed.

“What do you want to eat?”  I asked Bomi sweetly, caressing her pouting cheek.

“I want to eat somewhere else.  Only two of us.”  She said sulkily.

“Yoon Bomi…”  I growled quietly, feeling bad toward Eunji.

“That’s okay.  I am planning to leave too…”  Eunji casually said, rising from her seat.

“You’re really considerate…”  Bomi smirked.

“Please behave, Yoon Bomi!”  I snarled.

“I am.”  She spread a mischievous grin.

“I am really sorry, Eunji-ya…”  I apologized to Eunji who did not get affected by Bomi’s behavior.

“I am okay, Unnie.  I am getting used of how to treat a ten years old girl.”  She laughed.

“What?”  Bomi glared, annoying by Eunji’s words.

“I am not talking about you, Yoon Bomi.  I’ll leave.  Thanks for dinner, Unnie.  See you.”

 

***

The days passed peacefully.  Everything was looked like a fairytale.  My tremor and anxiety were getting better, although it was not completely disappeared.  Bomi doing good now.  She cared about me more than anything, and I felt that I was the most important person for her.  I never been this blessed before.

That evening, I was busy in the kitchen, cooking for dinner while waiting Bomi coming back from her work.  I guessed, I looked like a real housewife now.

“You’re home…”  I said brightly when Bomi appeared in the kitchen, smiling broadly.

“I miss you…”  She approached, and kissed my cheek.

My face reddened although I was getting used to it.  Her touch always in succeed to turn me red.

“I am a bit upset today…”  She snaking her arms around my waist, giving me back-hug.

“Why?”  I asked, still busy with my cook.

“Eunji kept talking about her new pair of sneakers she got from you…”  She murmured.

“You’re upset because such thing?”  I gasped.

“You gave her a Christmas present—while I got nothing from you…”  She pouted.

I watched her in disbelief, and laughed.  She was cute and looked so childish.

“I thought I was the best Christmas present for you, Yoon Bomi…”  I teased.

“Hmmmm…  Yes, you are…  But still…  Why did you give her a present?  I am your girl anyway…”  She complained cutely.

“Come on, Bbom-ah…  I thought you’re okay with Eunji now…”  I turned off the stove.

“We’re fine now…  I am just sick listening her showing off that expensive shoes!”  She walked away, leaning on the kitchen counter and watching me preparing the dish.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter