In which we talked on the phone

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Which We Talked on The Phone

 

Park Chorong

 

I was stretching my body, struggling to gain my will to wake up and start my day today.  I was startled as I heard someone was snoring behind my back, and arms snaking around my waist.  I turned around and saw Bomi was sleeping with mouth wide-opened, releasing her annoying snore.  I was back away, tossing her hands away harshly, then looking at her in puzzled brain, trying to figure out what happened last night as she ended up by sleeping next to me.

I clearly remembered that she asked to sleep in my room because she was scared after watching horror movie, but the last thing I could remember was, she was crouching on the sofa in the corner of my room, lying under her blanket while I owned my whole bed.

“Yoon Bomi!  Wake up!”  I shouted, but she did not give any reaction.

“Hey!!!  Wake up!!!”  I shook her body, raising my voice.  She stayed still, did not get affected by my action.

“Hey, you!!!  Wake up!!!  I need to tidy up my bed and leave this house soon!”  I pulled her blanket away.

She stretched her body while I was looking at her wordlessly.  She rubbed her eyes impatiently before looking at me.

“I need to sleep more.”  She pulled her blanket back, covering her whole body up.

I widened my eyes and did another attack, throwing away her blanket and pulling her hands to get her off my bed.

“Hey!!!  Let me go!!!  What kind of lady to wake people up like this!”  She let her hands off, glaring at me angrily.

“I need to go soon!  Please get up!”  I said without lowering my tone.

“Then just go!”  She lied back on her back.

I rolled my eyes, clenching my teeth before giving her a scold.

“Can you please get off my bed because I need to tidy it up, then preparing to go to another place—and I need you to get out of my room soon because I don’t want anybody especially a ert girl like you to watch me change to NICE .”  I snapped.

“You’ve ruined my morning!”  She yelled.

“I should be the one who said that—how shameless you are to start a mess in someone else’s room!”  I defied.

“What did you say?  This is my room!”  She got up, placing her hands on her hips.

I smirked.

“Heol!  I think you aren’t fully awake yet, Yoon Bomi.  Please look around and soon I’ll accept your apology for acting so shamelessly in someone’s else room.”  I copied her, putting my hands on my hips.

Bomi studied the room and bit her lower lips after realizing that she was not in her room.

“I would like to remind you that you were so scared to death last night because of the horror movie you watched—and you pleaded me like a puppy to let you sleep in my room—on that sofa.  I didn’t remember that I allowed you to climb up my bed and linked your arms around me.”  I continued, narrowing my eyes while staring at her.

“I…  I am sorry…”

“Apology has been accepted.  Could you leave MY room, please?”

“Arasseo!  I’ll sleep more at my room.”  She walked slowly toward the door.

“I think you should take a class—to wake people up politely!”  She stopped, then turned her face on me.

I was going to reply but she already walked away, and got out of my room.  I was speechless seeing her attitude.  I tried not to mind it any further, and went to tidy up my room carefully, ensuring that it was really clean and neat.  Done with the room, I rushed to the bathroom to take shower.

After putting checkered strap dress and light makeup on, I headed to the kitchen and cooked the breakfast.  I was going to make pancake only for me, but I remembered that Yoon Bomi only had ramen for breakfast and lunch yesterday—and I was pretty sure she would eat that again for today.  So, I decided to make her some too.  I was immersed in my cooking, humming the song randomly.  I turned around and saw Bomi leaning on the counter beside the refrigerator, seriously gave me a shock.

“You surprised me!”  I yelled, putting my hand on chest in which my heart pounding hard.

“Kekeke—You’re really focus when cooking.”  She chuckled.

I ignored her and placed the pancakes on island.  Yoon Bomi seemed to be interested, she approached the island then sat on the bar stool.

“Hmmmmm, it’s smell good.”  She inhaled the air, waging her palm in front of her nose.

I smiled lightly seeing her then took a seat beside her, on another stool.  I took a bite of the pancake and chewed it carefully, crushing it smoothly before I swallowed it.

“You are not eating?”  I asked after seeing Bomi did not touch the pancake.

“Is that for me?”  She asked hopefully.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to eat that.”  I said while reaching out my hand to take it, but Bomi held me in flash.

“I didn’t say that I am not going to eat that.  I am just asking your permission.”  She said rapidly.

I released my grip and held back my laughter because of her funny expression.

“Hey, wash your hand first!”  I yelled when she was about to grab the fork.

“Why?  I am not going to eat it with my bare hand.”  She grumbled.

“But still…”  I didn’t continue my word since I realized that I was being too exaggerated again.

I looked up, and Bomi was staring at me in annoyance, but soon her face turning calm.

“Arasseo.”  She sighed and walked toward the sink.

“Don’t ask me to wash my hand like you—with that stupid time counter.”  She yelled while washing her hands.

“That’s what my parent taught me.”  I laughed softly.

She walked back toward seat and started to eat the pancake.  I looked at her secretly when she had her first bite.

“Hey, are you okay?”  I panicked when she suddenly widened her eyes.

“Did you choke or bite something?”  I continued as she was staying still.

I got up from my seat and ran to get a glass of water when she suddenly said, “I am okay…  I was just surprised.”

“Why?”  I approached her.  “Did you find eggshell or ant or something inside?”

“It’s not.  It just so delicious.  I am so speechless.”  She said brightly.

I was dumbfounded but relieved at the same time.

“I almost got a heart attack!”  I smacked her shoulder while walking toward my seat.

“Did you worry about me?”  She blurted out.

“Never!”  I replied sharply.

“Don’t lie…  You were so panic before…”  She grinned, teasing me continuously.

“I didn’t worry about you!  I just did not want to be on headline news because murdering my housemate with a pancake!”  I squalled, like a ten years old girl.

“Kekeke—you’re so funny.”  She laughed.

I ignored her, eating my pancake as fast as I can, but not as fast as her.  I washed all the dishes right after finishing the breakfast.  With the rubber gloves, I was washing it thoroughly.

“Are you going somewhere?”  She asked, still sitting on the bar stool with a glass of milk in her hand.

“Eung.”  I answered shortly.

“Your answer is as short as your dress.”  She jeered.

“What’s wrong with my dress?!”  I replied, without looking at her.

“I just can clearly see your tiger print .”  She laughed belatedly.

I clenched my teeth, holding back my anger.

“I am not wearing tiger .”

“So, zebra print?  Leopard print?  Or snake print?”

“You’ll get a bloody print on your face if you keep making those jokes!”

“I got it.”

The kitchen turned to silence after I threatened her.  Only the sound of running water could be heard.

“So, where are you going?”  She broke the silence.

“Are you really that curious?”  I said while drying my hands.

“If I say yes, will you answer it?”  She cupped her hands with her palms, her eyes following my steps.

“I am going home—for a week.”  I answered flatly.

“Home?  This is your home.”

“I am going to my home—my parent’s home.  This is—our home.”  It was a bit awkward when I said ‘our home’.

“Don’t you think we look like a newlywed couple?  Saying something about ‘our home’, don’t we?”  She laughed awkwardly.

I responded with a forceful grin.

“Why are you going home—for week?”  She threw another question.  She seriously had many things in her mind.

“My grandma’s birthday.”

“Your cousin will come over too?”

“Obviously.”

“Tell her that I miss her.”  She smirked, giving me a teasing face.

“What?”  I frowned.

“Will you?”  She blinked her eyes.

“Never!”  I snapped, rushing into my room to get my bag and car’s key.

“Why?  Are you jealous?  I’ll say I miss you too—so, you wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter