In which she was jealous

Housemate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In Which She Was Jealous

 

 

Park Chorong

 

I was busy in the kitchen, cooking seaweed soup for lunch—to be exact for Bomi’s birthday—along with other side dishes.  Bomi was in the balcony, having conversation with her mother through the phone.  I was a bit tired actually, after meeting someone who I did not want to see, but I already promised Bomi to have a small party at lunch as I could not throw party at night due to my yoga class.

Waiting for the seaweed to be boiled, I placed the chocolate cake which I had bought on the way home before.  In no time, I had done with the small feast after back and forth from kitchen to island.

“Daebak!  It’s look delicious!”  Bomi screeched excitedly when entered the kitchen, finishing her conversation with her mother.

“My mom was upset when I said that you cook better than her.”  She continued, giving a short laugh.

“You told your parent about—our condition?”  I was a bit shocked.

“Yes.  They swore at me because I was being clumsy in choosing the house, but when I told that the house is very luxurious—and I have been living with a modest and gorgeous lady—they cannot stop whining to visit me…”  She laughed softly, pulling the bar stool to take a seat.

“So, they are fine when find out that you live with someone else?”  I frowned, placing the seaweed soup carefully on island surface.

“Eung—they are even grateful that I have someone to take care of me.”  She smiled widely.

I was silent listening Bomi’s story.  I envied her—I envied her family.  Even she could not afford to buy anything, she had a warm family—which supported her fully-hearted—family which accepted the truth—family which were not demanded.

“Every family is different, Unnie…  But their love to their children is the same—infinity and endless.  No need to regret from which family you’ve grown up.”  She said softly, directing exactly on my head like she was able to read my mind—to read my wariness.

“I know it…”  I replied in low voice.

“But still, I don’t mind if I was born from chaebol family.  Mmmm, imagining that I am living in luxurious world—worrying about nothing—buying everything—having plenty money without working—it’s perfect.”  She made a fool gesture, spreading her arms while pretending to inhale the whole oxygen.

“That’s why God doesn’t put you in chaebol’s list.  Wealth does not belong to lazy people.”  I scoffed, giving sarcastic grin.

“I am not lazy.  I just love my bed too much.”  She denied in cute way.

“Babo!”

I was about to take a seat when I heard the bell ringing.  I rushed to the door to get the visitor.  Through the intercom, I saw someone unfamiliar standing in front of the door.  Instead of opening the door, I talked through the intercom to greet her.

“May I know, who are you?”  I spoke politely.

“Is this Bomi unnie’s house?  I am her friend, Kim Namjoo.”  She replied in polite tone too.

“Who is it, Unnie?”  Bomi walked toward the door without notice.

“She said she is your friend.”  I answered.

Bomi slid through, making a move to stand in front of me.  I thought she was going to use intercom, but she directly opened the door.  I willed to scold her to open it directly without checking the visitor out, but the girl already visible from the doorway.

“Bomi Unnie, Annyeong…”  She said brightly right after the door had opened.

“Namjo-ya?  What a surprise.”  She screeched, reaching her hands to give her a hug.

I gave them an uncomfortable look.

“Let’s go inside.”  Bomi ushered her to come in, ignoring me who was standing beside the door way.

“Wow!  You’re having lunch?”  She said excitedly when entered the dining room.  “There’s even a cake? Daebak!  This cake is expensive.  I know the bakery.”

“Yes.  We are throwing party—a small party—with my housemate.”  Bomi replied.

“Housemate?”  The girl named Kim Namjoo frowned.

“Yes, she is my housemate, Chorong unnie.”  Bomi approached me, tapping my shoulder as I was wearing off-shoulder-dress.

“Aaaaa…  I am sorry, I am Kim Namjoo.  Nice to meet you.”  She bent her back down to give me a bow.

“I am Chorong, Park Chorong.”  I nodded lightly.

“I met her in an audition.  We both failed, sharing the same experience and preference, we got to be a good friend.”  Bomi explained proudly.

“We both like to eat and joke around.  We have so many similarities.”  She added.

“Aaaaa…  It’s good then.”  I was reluctant to answer, but I tried my best to sound interested, although it was completely failed.

This was not the first time Bomi’s friend visited her.  Eunji had visited Bomi too—but, in that girl’s case, I did not have a good feeling about her.

“Let’s eat.”  I offered, taking a seat on the edge.

Bomi was sitting between Namjoo and me.  I ate the food carefully, nearly reluctantly while Bomi and Namjoo eating it greedily.  Some while chattering away excitedly until they accidently spat out the food from their mouth, rendering me to pull a long face toward them.  And Kim Namjoo, surely had a big appetite and big mouth.  She was able to gobble the food down in one bite, really horrible—but, I did not understand when Bomi clapping her hands and staring at her in awe.  Indeed, dumb and dumber couple.

I felt like someone who was in another world, being ignored by two fellas who were talking about everything which I did not really understand.  Generally, Bomi would only have her eyes on me—talking to me—joking around—and teasing me—during the meal, but now, I was alienated because of that girl.  I thought only the two of us would only celebrate Bomi’s birthday, in peaceful mood.  It would be the first time I throw my friend’s birthday, but it was ruined, and I expected that there would not be my first celebration—or whatever it called as I really wanted to leave them as soon as possible.

A sudden and rigid got up of me breaking their chattering.  They looked up, with questioning look.  It was annoying when I saw them sharing the similar foolish looks.

“Mmmm, I am done eating.  I’ll go to my room.”  I excused myself, trying not to sound rude.

“I am going to blow the candle.  You’re not joining?”  Bomi asked.

“I have just remembered that I have something to do.”  I walked toward the sink.

“Just leave it there, Unnie.  I’ll wash it.”  Bomi shouted from her seat.

I should not trust her in washing dishes, but it was the best way to leave the scene in fastest way, so that I ended up by placing my dishes in the sink and headed to my room in rapid speed.

I stood in akimbo behind my door, glaring at them through my door who were obviously not visible.  I plonked myself on the couch, grabbing my iPod and putting the headset on my ears.  This was what I did to try soothing myself.

I almost fell asleep if there was no gentle knock on my door.

“Come in.”  I shouted.  I did not feel like moving my body.

Bomi appeared from the doorway, bringing a piece of cake on small plate.

“Why?”  I snapped.

“You look upset.  Did I do something wrong?”  She frowned, taking seat on the couch near to my stretching legs.

“I always look like this.”  I replied coldly.

“What is it?”  I beckoned the cake she brought.

“The first slice.”  She lifted it close to my face, spreading an adorable smirk.

“For me?”  I confirmed, trying hard not to blushing.

“Is there anyone else?”  She muttered impatiently.

“Why?”  I asked suspiciously.

“First slice is supposed to be for very precious person.”  She spread a warm smile.

I was stupefied for seconds, warmth slowly wrapping around my figure, heat creeping up my neck, blush raddling my cheeks.

“Thank you…”  I reached out my hands, dared not to look at her black ebony eyes which staring at me softly.

“Eat well—I’ll back to my friend.”  Was her last utterance before I shut by landing a kiss on her cheek.

It was soft and warm when my lips pressing against her chubby cheek.  After five seconds closing my eyes with the lips sticking on her cheek, I was quickly backing away.  Starting to curse myself for being unconsciously insane.

“Mmmm, happy birthday…  and thanks for the—first cake.”  I tried to find the best words to save me fro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter