Chapter 9

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong, BoA and Junsu were in the library having a meeting. “On the death anniversary of Crown Prince Daejung, there will be a ceremony for remembering him at Gwanak Mountain. We are going to distribute the fake copies of “Father and Son’s Desire” during the ceremony.” Jaejoong told them.

“If that’s so, there will be a chaos,” said Junsu.

“If we were to be caught by the soldiers, people who attend the ceremony would be in danger as well.” BoA added.

“If the Lustful Scholar truly admired Crown Prince Daejung, he would definitely show up to rescue the people who attended the ceremony. Also in order to find out who is copying the Lustful Scholar’s actions, they would have to come to confirm it for themselves.”

“Gwi… What if Gwi also shows up, what should we do?” Junsu pointed out.

“That ceremony will be held in the daytime so he won’t be able to appear.” Jaejoong replied.”

“But I heard that there will be an order to arrest the Lustful Scholar soon. It’s dangerous, master.”

“I have my own plan,” said Jaejoong. “Junsu-ah, you are in-charge of spreading the rumour about this. Tell them to go to that place to pick up their copies that day.”

“Yes, master.” Junsu nodded.

“Have you gotten any message from the store?” Jaejoong asked BoA.

“The one-armed person is by the name Jiwoo and he has yet to show up. As for Oh Sehyun, there’s no movement from her so far.”

“Okay. Noted. Don’t take your eyes off her and send more guys to protect her.”

“I think we should send her away…”

“Finding the diary is our first priority. Moreover she has the incense box with her, she will be safe as long as she has it with her all the time.”

---

Faye was waiting for Jiwoo’s return at his store when she started thinking back about Jaejoong’s emotional reaction when he saw Dana’s doppelganger at the marketplace.

“Dana…” She wrote Dana’s name on the book. “Is this what love is? Even when she’s no longer here, he would never forget her. Just by seeing someone that looks like his first love, he will fall apart like that day. Hehehe! This is a good idea for my manhwa! Huhuhu!” Faye sniggered to herself until her thought went back to the scene whereby Jaejoong fell on top of her.

“Yah! Yah! Shim Hyerin, what are you thinking about?” She slapped her face repeatedly and shook her head at the same time. “The two of you are two different persons from two different era! You cannot fall in love with a man who can never give you the promise and moreover he’s a vampire! He lives forever and you will age and die some days.”

---

A scholar was walking through the woods at night when Gwi came from behind to stop him. “Hey! You over there!”

The scholar turned to look at Gwi who held a bag up, asking. “Did you lose this bag?”

“It’s not mine.”

Gwi closed his eyes and walked past the scholar, sniffing the air. “Your back view looks so similar but your scent is different.”

The scholar shot him a weird look and walked away but was then killed by him in the end.

The next day the young scholar’s body was discovered with fang marks on his neck. “Let’s go.” The commander of the palace guards said, covering the scholar’s body with a mat.

The guards went on to pull the cart away from the main market street.

Back at the palace, the commander reported the case to the king. “We have told the people who saw the corpse that the victim was bitten by wild dogs.”

“Good job. Burn the body immediately.” The king’s advisor said.

The commander bowed and left the room.

“Rumours may appear for a few days but it will die down soon.” The advisor said.

“The people have eyes and ears. Sooner or later they will find out about Gwi’s existence, they can’t be fooled forever.”

Faye was at the marketplace when she heard the hunter telling others about his encounter with the night scholar.

She squeezed her way through the crowd and saw a dead wild boar lying on the ground. “When I opened my eyes, this thing was next to me.” The hunter pointed at the dead wild boar. “But there’s one thing that I was very sure of. His eyes were red and he has fangs. He is a tall man with pale complexion but I have to admit he is really very good looking.”

“Damn it! Don’t tell me it’s because of his injuries he had gotten yesterday?” Faye thought as she continued to listen to the men’s conversation.

“Why would the night scholar go to the woods?” Another man commented. “There was a man being killed yesterday night at the woods as well. He was also bitten and died the exact same way as this wild boar!”

The crowd gasped.

“There wasn’t even a drop of blood left! I saw it with my two eyes.” The man said.

“I saw those kinds of things a lot too!” The hunter replied. “Ten years ago, there were a lot of dead bodies lying around the cave so I went to inform the guards, and then the guards came to collect all the dead bodies.”

Faye was about to open when someone called her name among the crowd. “Sehyun-ah!”

Faye turned to see a plump-looking man walking towards her. “Sehyun-ah, why are you here?”

“Why can’t I be here?” Faye blinked.

“Don’t you know about the official order to arrest the Lustful Scholar and anyone who buys or sells Lustful Scholar’s works?”

Faye shook her head.

“People who buy or sell the books will receive severe punishment, so I might not be able to sell the other books.”

“I doubt it won’t happen.”

“Aigoo! Anyway I just hope nothing bad will happen. I guess I should hurry and go before all of the others get everything. Oh ya! Did Jiwoo hyung say that he will get the book for you?”

“Get what?”

“The sequel to the ‘Father and Son’s Desire’. They will be given out at Prince Daejung’s memorial.”

Faye stood at her spot blankly, trying to digest whatever the man had told her.

---

“Did you say it’s Jangbawii?” Dongwook asked.

“Yes, your highness. I heard they will be giving out copies of ‘Father and Son’s Desire’ sequel this afternoon.” Gong Yoo reported.

“I didn’t expect them to use Prince Daejung’s memorial as an event for them to distribute illegal books! I have to go there myself to check on it.”

“If the King were to find out about you going to that memorial service, there would be a petition to de-crown you.” Gong Yoo warned.

“Even thought I may be a thorn in their eyes, I don’t think they will be so mean to me.”

“They will think you are on the same side with the Lustful Scholar.” The King spoke as he entered into the chamber. “So you knew what those people are doing and yet you are not going to do anything about it?”

“Your majesty, I am sorry to say that they are not fit for politics.”

“This is considered to be a political rebellion. Don’t you know?” The King questioned back. “Send the soldiers to Jangbawii right away and arrest them all! I will come with you for the memorial service.”

Jaejoong was hiding in the woods with BoA as he watched the memorial, and he was startled to see Faye among the group of mourners.

Junsu ran back to Jaejoong in a fluster.

“What is it? Why are you in such a fluster?” BoA asked.

“Master, the royal soldiers are on their way here.” Junsu reported.

“You do what I say.”

“Yes, master.” BoA said and left the place with another girl.

Jaejoong then turned to Junsu. “Distribute the book immediately.”

Junsu gave him a nod and went off to distribute the book.

“This is a pack of lies!” The mourners shouted. “How is Crown Prince Daejung a madman? It’s ridiculous! Who brought this to curse the Crown Prince?”

“Lustful Scholar, come out! Come out and explain this!” One of the mourners shouted.

“This is not the story that the Lustful Scholar wrote.” Faye pointed out. “It is possible to fake the cover and phrase and characteristics, but you can’t fake the sentence structures.”

The people started flipping the book again.

“This book is a fake one!” Faye shouted.

The soldiers closed in on the group. “Catch them all! Don’t leave a anyone out!”

“Yes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter