Chapter 26

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2015, Seoul

The woman was lying on the hospital bed with her family crying beside her. "Mr Shim, are you sure about doing this?" The doctor asked the crying man.

"Yes... please do it..." The older man sobbed. "My poor girl had suffered enough."

"Noona! Wake up! Stop sleeping already!" A young man knelt by the side of the bed, holding the unconscious woman's hand.

"Changmin-ah... let your noona go in peace..." The older woman tried to pull her son away.

"Aniya! Umma, noona is still alive! I have a feeling that noona will wake up soon! Please don't do it!" Changmin cried.

"Changmin-ah, your noona has been in coma for almost one year! Putting her on so many tubes hurt appa and umma too!" Mr Shim sobbed, placing his hand on his son's shoulder.

"I don't care! Noona is strong! She won't go down so easily! Noona wake up!"

The doctor and nurse looked helplessly at the older couple that tried to move their son away. Just when the doctor was about to step in, the woman in coma woke up.

"Dr Jung!" The nurse gasped, causing the four in tussle to stop and look at her. "The patient is awake!"

"Noona!" Changmin rushed to the bed to hold his sister's hand. "You're awake!"

"Hyerin-ah!" Mrs Shim broke down into tear with her husband. "My dear girl!"

"Mr Shim. Mrs Shim, can you leave the ward for a while so that I can check Miss Shim's vital signs?"

"Sure, Dr Jung!" Mr Shim nodded and led his wife and son out of the ward.

Moments later, the doctor and nurse came out of the ward. "Mr Shim, your daughter's vital signs are good despite being in a coma for almost one year. You may go in to see your daughter now."

"Thank you, Dr Jung! Thank you!"

Changmin had already charged into the ward before his father finished thanking the doctor.

"Noona!" Changmin went to give his sister a hug.

"Changmin-ah, your noona just woke up! Don't be so rough with her!" Mrs Shim scolded. "Hyerin-ah, how are you feeling?" Mrs Shim asked, kissing her daughter on the forehead.

"I'm fine, umma." Faye said weakly with a smile.

"Noona, appa almost wanted to kill you!"

"Yah! Shim Changmin!" Mr Shim shouted the moment he came into a room.

"What? It's true, appa!" Changmin pouted.

Mr Shim shot a glare at his son before turning to his daughter. "Hyerin-ah, do you feel any discomfort?"

Faye shook her head. "Appa, how long had I been in coma?"

"Almost one year." Mrs Shim sobbed. "Umma thought..."

"Umma, noona is back! Don't worry! She will live a long long life after this accident!" Changmin comforted his mother.

"A long long life..." Faye muttered. "Changmin-ah, help me call Kibum!"

"Why?" The younger man turned to look at his sister in shock.

"I need my laptop and my drawing pen."

"Hyerin, you should rest!" Mrs Shim nagged.

"Umma, I have rested almost a year!"

"But your muscles haven't been working!" Mr Shim added.

"Anybody has a pen and paper? I can prove it to you guys."

Changmin fished out a piece of paper from the drawer and handed his pen to his sister who started drawing.

"There." Faye showed her drawing to her family.

"How is it possible? The doctor just told me you might need some physiotherapies." Mr Shim's jaw dropped open.

“Obviously doctor isn’t always right.” Faye chuckled.

"That's because I have been working very hard for the last sixty over years in Goryeo era." Faye thought and a pang of sadness hit her suddenly. "Jaejoong must be very sad now..."

---

"Stupid woman! You almost scared me to death!" Key scolded. "When I received the call that you had been knocked down by a car, my heart dropped!"

"Chill! I'm back now! Hahaha! I'm Incredible Hulk!" Faye laughed as she drew on her drawing device.

"Pabo! Did you know how worried we were when you were in coma? We all thought you wouldn't be able to make it and you still have the cheeks to joke with me."

"If I am fated to die, I will still die no matter how long my parents tried to prolong my life. This is my fate and I will accept it." Faye said.

"You are weird! You must have hit your head during the accident!"

Faye let out a sigh and continued with her drawing, ignoring her friend's comment. Key poked his head to look at Faye's drawing. "Wah! Your male lead is super handsome!"

"Of course!" Faye snorted. "My husband from Goryeo! Of course he is handsome!"

"Crazy woman! Stop living in your dream! Such handsome man doesn't exist in this world except me!" Key said as he struck a diva pose.

"Go back home! You're disturbing me!"

"Yah!" Key stomped his feet angrily. "Okay! You better not stay up so late to draw! Rest well, okay?"

"Yes, Key umma!" Faye mocked a salute and once Key was gone, she looked at the drawing of Jaejoong on her screen. "I don't know if that dream is real or not. I do hope I would be able to meet you as per your promise to me."

---

Six months later...

It was a cooling autumn night in Seoul. A man in black leather jacket was walking along the bustling and hustling street when he stopped by the entrance of a shopping where a large poster was hanging outside of a building.

"Cheon Nyeon Manhwa Autograph Session!" The poster said and below those five words was a book cover of that manhwa. It was a portrait of a Goryeon scholar looking lovingly at a woman.

A smile spread across the man's face. "I've finally fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter