Chapter 15

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While Faye was still wailing over Byunheun’s death, Jaejoong was watching her from a distance until Dongwook came up from the corner and discovered Faye there. Jaejoong was forced to retreat. “What will happen to that child?” Dongwook asked the chief guard.

“She will become a slave and property of the local government in Yeongjo.” The chief guard replied.

Dongwook kept his silence and stared at Faye.

---

Jaejoong returned home with BoA and Junsu asking him for the update.

“I will get her out.” Jaejoong told the two.

“I feel uneasy about leaving Sehyun alive.” BoA warned.

“Correct. This could be a trap. It’s too dangerous for you to do it yourself.” Junsu added.

“If she is a local government’s slave that is under the Defense Minister’s jurisdiction, there should be a way to get her out,” said BoA. “I’ll find out. What about the diary? Did you find out about it?”

“Yes, I heard about it.” Jaejoong said.

Jaejoong arrived at the temple that Faye had told him where the diary was hidden. He saw two memorial tablets on the altar; he held his hand out at the one on the right and tore the paper, revealing a code. “Left three bottom one.”

He moved to the left side of the altar and saw a golden flower on the side. He squatted down and grabbed the flower, giving it a pull. “Clack!”

It sounded like a lock being unlocked and Jaejoong pulled a secret drawer with a golden cloth-wrapped bundle inside. He took the bundle out quickly and left the temple. Once he got home, he opened up the diary carefully.

I am really afraid.

He is a vampire that eats humans alive.

Can I kill him and protect Goryeo?

If you were to find this memorandum, it would mean I’m already not in this world.

I’m probably be killed by Gwi.

As compared to my own death, I think I worry more about my son than the country.

Jaejoong, I am sorry for leaving this big burden to you.

And I thank you for being my one and only true friend and a confidante in my life.

Tears were b up in Jaejoong’s eyes as he flipped to the next page. “Secret plan for humans to get rid of Gwi.”

“Lee Bang Ho, Seo Yang Hee, Lee Ho Yeon, Jung Guem Ok. Are these people the secret plan?”

---

“All of them, who were dead, took the medicine to protect the Crown Prince without any hesitation.” Advisor Gong told the king.

“Too many people were being sacrificed. After I heard the story of Gwi from the previous king, I vowed to get rid of him and protect the country and the people. But in the end I only sacrificed more of my people and still unable to kill him by now. Advisor Gong, tell me. Do we even have any hope? Can we rely on that person?”

“The one, who woke the concubine up, is also a vampire. I believe he is on our side if not he won’t help us in secret. I think its time to end this matter.”

“The Crown Prince is definitely the Lustful Scholar!” Prime Minister Im said. “If you were to give me one more chance…”

“Stop! STOP!” Gwi hollered. “The dead Lustful Scholar said he had handed the diary over to someone. So what do you think will happen if the person is Kim Jaejoong?”

“Are you saying you believe that old bookseller’s words? He isn’t the Lustful Scholar! This is just the king’s trick to protect the Crown Prince.”

“What if it’s not a trick?” Gwi questioned.

Just then Yoona came into Gwi’s lair and the prime minister was surprised to see her walking in as if it was her home.

“You called for me?” Yoona bowed.

“Prime Minister, you may leave now.” Gwi waved the older man away. “I have something to discuss with this child.”

The prime minister bowed and left the lair.

“Do you have any idea to bring Kim Jaejoong to me anytime sooner?”

Yoona shook her head.

Gwi smirked. “Kim Jaejoong is foolishly in love with another human again. I can’t believe he did it again!”

Yoona stared at Gwi in confusion.

“Keep an eye on the granddaughter of that dead bookseller. Kim Jaejoong will be around that girl.”

“I will do as you command.” Yoona replied robotically.

---

Jaejoong was discussing about the diary with BoA and Junsu in his library. “I don’t know if those names listed in the diary are the secret plan or not. But Crown Prince Daejung must have found the secret plan by following them.”

“If the secret plan to get rid of Gwi is a human, does it mean they are stronger than Gwi?” Junsu asked.

Jaejoong shook his head. “I don’t know about that either.”

“Lee Bang Ho, Seo Yang Hee, Lee Ho Yeon, Jung Guem Ok… They all have different familiy roots and status.” Junsu commented.

“Junsu, you go find the person who was in charge of the family registry from 65 years ago. If we were able to track their whereabouts, we should be able to find out how they are related.”

“Yes, master.” Junsu nodded.

“How is the Crown Prince doing?” Jaejoong asked, looking at BoA.

“According to the Defense Mnister, the Crown Prince has become a completely different person. He is siding the Noron and firing all the officials from the Soron side. Even the scholar Gong Yoo, who was framed and released, was fired by the Crown Prince himself.

---

Dongwook was out for a walk when Gong Yoo came up to him.

“What is it?” Dongwook asked coldly.

“I am waiting for your highness because I have something that I needed to check with you. Did you really dismiss all the officials from the Soron side and the teachers from Sungkyunkwan?” Gong Yoo questioned.

“Why should I explain to an ex-official?” Dongwook said and took a step forward. “The Lustful Scholar that you served is dead. I’ll let this go based on our past relationship. Don’t do this kind of rash and thoughtless thing ever again!”

Gong Yoo turned to look at his friend. “Just look ahead and go on the path you have chosen. Everyone may say that you have changed… but I don’t believe that. Kicking me out like this and keeping Oh Sehyun as a slave… I’m sure you have your own reason for doing all these. I will always wait for your highness in the same place. Until we see one another again. Please stay strong, your highness.” Gong Yoo gave the Crown Prince a bow.

Dongwook ignored his friend and walked ahead. Dongwook went to look for Faye and was guilt-stricken when he saw her limping along while trying to get her chores done.

He approached her but couldn’t even say anything to her.

“Are you sorry?” Faye asked.

“Yes.”

“You should be sorry for 100 times, 1000 times and 10000 times. You have committed a sin that can never be washed away.” Faye glared up at the Crown Prince. “You just need to take that guilty feeling and save the country and the people. Because that is what the Lustful Scholar should do.”

Faye’s reply surprised Dongwook.

“And never appear in front of me again. I don’t want to see you.”

“Of course, I will do that.” Dongwook replied. “I will never appear before you again. I was only momentarily infactuated but thanfully now that the traitors have been punished, you should know your place.”

Faye let out a scoff and continued to limp forward until she tripped herself and dropped the jar of salt that she has been carrying.

“YAH! Do you know how precious this salt is? How can you drop them like this?” One of the officials came forward to yell at her. “What are you doing? Pick it up quickly!”

From a distance, Yoona was watching the whole exchange with a dark expression. She was expecting to see Jaejoong around Faye but in the end she found Dongwook. “Isn’t she an amazing child?” She muttered, looking at Faye jealously.

---

“I heard that this is a very fertile land in Pyongyang.” BoA commented as she handed the title deed of an enormous plot of land to the official.

“Haha!” The man laughed. “You should know that it is not an easy task to release the granddaughter of the Lustful Scholar.”

“I will never forget your grace.” Jaejoong added.

“I will hand over the salve document right away.” The man said. “So you can take her at a proper time.”

Jaejoong nodded. “I heard that you often drink with the Prime Minister so I planned to greet him but he is not coming.”

“Don’t even talk about it.” The man laughed. “The prime minister and his daughter are not on good terms and the prime minister won’t have much time.”

“What do you mean that they are no on good terms?”

“Actually he used to be a lowly government official at a province, but he got promoted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter