Chapter 8

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I found it! I found it!” Faye ran up the stairs to Jaejoong’s house. “I found the diary!”

“What did you just say?” Junsu stopped his work and ran towards Faye. “Did you just say you found the Lustful Scholar?”

“The Lusftful Scholar?”

“The Lustful Scholar is the one who knows about the diary. Since the Lustful Scholar used Prince Yunho’s pen name…”

“Junsu-ah!” Jaejoong shouted, cutting Junsu off.

“I’m sorry, Master! I just got too excited.”

“Prepare the horse.” Jaejoong told him.

“Errrr… But you have yet to recover your health.”

“Hurry up!”

Even though Jaejoong has the black robe with him, the sunlight still seemed to have an enervating effect on him. He felt a throbbing pain in his head when he found an umbrella shielding him from the sun.

It was Faye. “Dumbo! Do you not know there is something call the umbrella?”

Jaejoong just stayed silent at her words.

“Maybe you should go back. I will stay to wait for him.”

Jaejoong shook his head. “It’s fine. I will wait.”

Just then he saw a girl in the crowd and his eyes went wide. Although she covered her head with her robe, her face was still visible to others. She shared a splitting image of Dana.

He walked out of the umbrella and approached her, leaving a confused Faye behind.

He removed the robe from her head and called out tearfully. “Dana-ah…” With that he pulled her in a tight hug, while Faye stared in shock from behind.

“Let me go.” The girl demanded coldly without a trace of recognition in her eyes.

“So you’re alive.” Jaejoong teared, pulling away from the hug.

From a distance, Faye recalled that gisaengs’ words about Jaejoong were true. He could not forget his first love and the girl must have shared the same look as his first love.

“You have the wrong person.” The girl said.

‘Dana-ah, it’s me.” Jaejoong continued grabbing her shoulders.

The girl slapped his hand away before slapping him across the face.

“My lady.” A servant ran towards the girl. “Are you alright, Miss Yoona?”

“Dana-ah.” Jaejoong muttered, looking desperately at the girl.

“Who do you think she is? I’m going to call the soldiers right now!” The servant warned.

“I’m sorry.” Faye came forward to apologize. “He has mistaken you as a friend.”

“How can you harass a girl in public?” The servant shouted.

“There’s no reason to make a scene.” Yoona said. “Let’s go.”

But when she turned to leave, Jaejoong grabbed her wrist and refused to let go. He got a little startled when he looked down her neck without any bite mark on it, but he didn’t let her go.

The other male servants appeared and starting hitting him with wooden rod but Jaejoong continued to hold her hand, asking. “Dana-ah, is it really not you?”

He clutched her hand even when he fell to his knees, thinking to himself. “Dana-ah, I wanted to call your name so much… If I could see you just once, I’d be more than willing to give up my life back to you.”

The next person hit him real hard on his head, causing him to release her hand and fall to the ground. He lost his consciousness right after he saw Yoona walked away.

“Damn it!” Faye cursed and rushed to help Jaejoong up…

**Flashback**

Jaejoong was kneeling by Dana’s side after drinking her blood.

Gwi sauntered over to him with a smirk on his face. “How does it feel to drink your lover’s blood?”

He patted Jaejoong on his head and wiped a tear off his face. “Welcome to the world of beasts, Kim Jaejoong.”

He reached out for Dana, only to see his beastly hand covered with her blood. He got so distraught over what he had done and went berserk, running through the woods in broad daylight and screaming Dana’s name.

He felt horrified at what he had become and begun to burn under the sun before remembering Jisung’s instruction about not taking off the black robe under him.

As nighttime arrived, Jaejoong was calm enough to return for Dana, only to find Gwi placing her body on pyre to burn.

“If you’re alive, come out!” Gwi sensed Jaejoong’s presence and cajoled him to come out. “You should at least take the body of your lover, Dana. Don’t you?”

Jaejoong took no action and continued to stay at his spot, tearing quietly.

“Fine… Watch as you hide…” With that Gwi threw the lighted wood onto the pyre.

Jaejoong cried as he watched the fire consumed Dana’s body.

A smirk appeared on Gwi’s face as he watched Jaejoong from a distance.

**End of Flashback**

“Dana-ah…” Jaejoong muttered in his dream. “Dana-ah… It’s all my fault. I killed you…”

Faye started to tear as well. “I don’t know about your story but you must have had a hard time back then. It must be painful for you.” She held his hand and noticed the scar on his palm.

She went on to caress his face and as she hovered over him, her tears fell directly onto his cheeks and it stirred him awake.

Faye wiped the tears off her face and stammered. “Errr… you fainted on the street… because it’s near to my house, so I brought you back first…”

Suddenly he flipped her over and lay on top of her with her necklace tossed to the side during the tussle. Faye got frightened by his sudden action and turned away from looking at him, exposing her neck at him. Jaejoong couldn’t control his bloodlust and his eyes gleamed red as he hovered dangerously close to her exposed neck.

He began to lower his lips closer to Faye’s neck. Just before he bit her, Faye blurted. “I’m Faye Shim! I’m not the girl that you are looking for…”

And it snapped Jaejoong out of it, he struggled to tame down his bloodlust and moved away from Faye calmly.

When he realized what happened, he picked up the hawthorn necklace and retied it around Faye’s neck. Faye was about to open to talk when Jaejoong stormed out before she could begin.

A hunter was walking through the woods late at night and stopped when he sensed a p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter