Chapter 20

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dongwook raised his sword against a severely weakened Jaejoong and he was ready to strike when a trident flew it and struck into the ground between Dongwook and Jaejoong.

Dongwook turned to see Ilkook running in to take down the guards single-handedly. “Get out now.” Ilkook urged.

Jaejoong gave him a nod and turned to Junsu. “Kaja!”

Dongwook’s guards stepped in to stop them with their swords. Faye was about to fight them off when Jaejoong grabbed her hand tightly to stop her. Junsu threw himself at the guard, giving Jaejoong enough time to take Faye away.

He used his superhuman speed and ran through the forest when BoA arrived just in time to see Jaejoong running away with Faye in his arms. Dongwook has also arrived at the forest and ordered his men to look for Jaejoong and Faye. “They can’t get far! Look for them!”

Jaejoong barely made it to an abandoned hut and when he put Faye down on the hay, his skin started to burn again. Faye quickly went to close the door and when she ran back to Jaejoong’s side, he fell unconscious seconds later.

Just when Faye was wondering what to do with Jaejoong, the sound of galloping horse was heard. She thought it was Dongwook and was determined to fight him on her own when the door opened, revealing to be BoA. “Master!” BoA called out worriedly.

“What should I do?” Faye asked.

“Don’t let him go out until nighttime.” BoA said and started checking Jaejoong’s pulse. “Go to the direction where the sun set. If you walk around the foot of Gobong Mountain, you will find a small village. There should be an old empty house in the middle of the mountain so stay there.”

“There…”

“We know the villagers there so you don’t have to worry. I have something to do now so watch over him and go to the place immediately after sun set.”

Faye nodded.

---

It was already nighttime when BoA came across Junsu who was squatting by the side, crying. “Aigoo… master…”

BoA quickly walked up to the crying man and the latter was surprised to see that she was safe. “OMO! BoA-ah! You are safe! Do you know I am so worried about you and master? But what should we do for master? He just disappeared without telling me where he went and he didn’t seem to be in the forest.”

“He had escaped so don’t worry so much.”

“Aigoo! He is such a poor thing! Who? Who did that to him?” Junsu shouted.

“I think I know who took it.” BoA muttered.

“Who?”

“Since yesterday was full moon night, master may not be able to control his hunger so he must have ran out.”

“How did you know?” Junsu stared back at the woman with widened eyes.

“The queen of this country.” BoA said, recalling the night when Gwi instructed Yoona to steal the robe from Jaejoong.

“WHAT? The queen?”

“The queen is actually Gwi’s slave.”

---

Yoona was waiting anxiously in Dongwook’s chamber when she heard the eunuch announcing his arrival. “The king is here.”

“It was just as you had said. But he wasn’t afraid of death; he interfered and took Seoeun away with him. Now it’s your turn. How did you know about Kim Jaejoong’s robe?”

“Before I became the Crown Princess, I bumped into him once and he mistaken me as his dead lover. My father, who found out about this truth, dragged me into the underground lair a few days ago.”

“You went to the underground lair?” Dongwook was shocked.

“The Gwi that my father has been serving, ordered me to steal Kim Jaejoong’s robe. If I don’t do that, he will turn me into a vampire.”

“Is that true?”

Yoona adjusted her clothes and revealed the scars on her neck. “So I have no choice but to find Kim Jaejoong.”

“What were you planning to do?”

“When I went to find him, he was in a very weak state and because I reseumbled his past lover, I was able to take his robe.”

“But why did you give it to me?” Dongwook asked.

“Because I am afraid of Gwi, I am afraid of what he might do if he were to get his hand on the robe.”

“Although I know you are trying to help me, you should know that Gwi would not let this go so easily.”

“I told Gwi that I wasn’t able to take the robe, and Kim Jaejoong left with his robe.” Yoona replied.

“Do you know that you are in real danger by doing so?” Dongwook questioned.

“Your highness, have you ever thought what would happen to the country if Gwi were to have the robe? The country and you would be in danger. If that day really comes, I will go to the underground lair and die there.”

“No! Please don’t do that!”

“But Gwi will…”

“This is an order.”

Gwi was sitting on his throne with Gong Yoo’s coffin under his foot and the latter couldn’t stop banging the coffin.

Moments later, Prime Minister Im came into the lair. “The king has returned.”

“I don’t even need to see and I knew he came back empty-handed.”

“It seems so.” Prime Minister Im agreed.

“Where is the queen? What is she doing?” Gwi asked.

“Ever since she became the queen, she isn’t even associating herself with her father.”

“So both of them aren’t going to see me right?” Gwi sneered and stepped hardly on the coffin below.

Yoona was alone in her own chamber, thinking about Dongwook’s earlier words. She felt touched because this was the first time in her life that she felt she was being protected. And then she recalled her childhood memories when her father decided to offer her to Gwi, the reactions given were extremely different.

Just then a presence moved through the palace, Yoona was alerted and braced herself for Gwi’s arrival. “Is the candlelight that is wavering or is it your heart?”

“Are you allowed to come all the way out here?”

Seconds later, the doors opened and Gwi sauntered into her chamber. “Since the subject that was supposed to appear didn’t come, I had no choice but to pay her a visit personally. Do you have Kim Jaejoong’s robe?”

“I did meet him but I couldn’t deceive him. He didn’t believe that I am Dana.”

Gwi charged forward and grabbed her wrist tightly. “You failed? Did you expect me to believe what you had just said?”

“He had already forgotten his dead lover. The one he loves now is the Lustful Scholar’s granddaughter. I can no longer touch his heart anymore. I think you should do the same too.”

Gwi sneered. “So you are telling me that you don’t want your position as the queen anymore? Do you not know that I can remove you from this position whenever I want?” And then he grabbed Yoona by the neck with his free hand.

“What do you think you are doing?” Dongwook’s voice sounded across the chamber.

Gwi shifted his position and held Yoona in his arms like she was his lover. “What do you think we are doing, your majesty?”

“Let her go.”

Gwi pressed his face close to Yoona’s. “What if I don’t want to let her go?”

“Didn’t I say I would follow your order? But why are you in the queen’s chamber and trying to do something profane?”

“Ahhh! So you are talking back to me now? Have you caught Kim Jaejoong?” Gwi glared back at Dongwook.

“Although we attacked as soon as we found his whereabout, he still managed to defeat the guards and ran away in broad daylight.” Dongwook answered.

“Okay.” Gwi said.

“I will put up a search warrant all over the country and get all the soldiers to find Kim Jaejoong.”

Gwi shoved Yoona to the side and whistled for his sidekick. Gong Yoo zoomed in and flung Dongwook out of the chamber. While Dongwook was trying to get back onto his feet, Gong Yoo grabbed him by the clothes and pulled Dongwook closer to him. Dongwook got a shock when he saw Gong Yoo as a vampire.

Gong Yoo was about to take a bite out of Dongwook when Gwi stopped him training him like a dog. “Are you shocked?”

“Gong Yoo hyung!” Dongwook called out, wanting to get closer.

“No! Not any closer.” Gwi warned. “Although I am training him, I don’t know what will happen if you come any closer. Do you see it now? If you disobey me, I won’t kill you so easily. So you better behave well, my dear king. If not, your dear queen will become like this.” He patted Gong Yoo’s head. “Kaja.”

With a flash, the two vampires disappeared from the chamber.

“Gong Yoo hyung…” Dongwoo welled up in rage and grief.

“Are you okay, your majesty?” Yoona asked, squatting beside the king.

“I won’t just kill him. I will return this same pain back to him!” Dongwook swore.

Yoona embraced him consolingly.

---

Faye was leading the horse with Jaejoong on its back when the horse suddenly stopped in its track. “Why aren’t you walking?” Faye muttered to the horse.

Just then a man came out and saw them, he held the lantern high up and was surprised to see the unconscious Jaejoong on the horse’s back. He quickly went over to help Faye and led them to the empty house. “Thank you very much!” Faye told the man after settling Jaejoong on the mat.

“You don’t need to thank me. I’m someone who owes this scholar greatly from a long time ago. If you need anything more, just let me know.” With that he left the house, leaving the two alone.

Faye tried to shift Jaejoong to a comfortable position to rest when he began to wince in discomfort. Faye bit her finger and let the blood dripped into his mouth. It has an instant effect on him when he woke up immediately after he drank the second drop. He grabbed her hand and stared unbelievably at her.

“You’re awake!” Faye smiled.

“Don’t do that.” Jaejoong said, turning his head away from her bloody finger.

“Just drink it. I’m okay.”

“If I were to have more of your bood, I may not be able to resist it and I wouldn’t know what I might do to you.”

“I’ll go out to look for more blood.” Faye told him and then she left the house.

She headed out and saw some chickens in the yard. She was going to catch one chicken for Jaejoong when the host came out and saw her. “What are you doing?”

“Oh… The chicken…”

Assuming that Faye was hungry, the host led her to the kitchen and offered some fresh meat to her. “Aigoo! Why didn’t you just say that you hadn’t eaten?” The man asked while chopping up the meat.

“Errr… Actually I don’t really need the meat…”

“Ahhh…” The man nodded and gestured to his daughter who was next to him. The young girl went off to get a large bowl of blood and handed it to Faye.

“This is for the scholar. The blood that we had gathered.”

“How did you guys know about him?”

“Didn’t I say I received help in the past before? When my daughter almost got sold to a bunch of thugs, he was the one who helped us. We all called him the ‘Night Scholar’.” The man laughed.

“If he needs more blood, you can always come to us. By any chance… is the scholar awake?”

The bowl of blo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter