Chapter 11

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gwi’s action sent the bunch of booksellers into a frightened frenzy but Gwi just waited calmly for the bitten man to die and woke up as a vampire. “Your thirst must be burning up your whole body.”

He went closer to the newly turned vampire and whispered to it. “This isn’t it. Why are you holding back? Quickly go and end your pain!”

“Grrrr!” The bookseller vampire let out a growl and started biting the other bookseller.

A smirk crept across Gwi’s face as he stepped back to watch the bookseller attack the other bookseller, turning them into vampires.

---

Jaejoong left and went up to meet up with Junsu only to find out that Faye was out distributing books to the village kids during the raid, and so he followed the trail to Faye’s last location only to find her hawthorn necklace lying on the ground. At first he was convinced that she has been taken, but he remembered not seeing Faye among the group of booksellers so he went to the one-armed merchant’s store, he found Faye going through the books in the library.

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked, scaring her and causing her to tumble off the ladder.

Jaejoong sped in to catch her from falling. “How did you get here?” Faye gasped as she found herself landed safely in Jaejoong’s arms.

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked angrily as he put her down on the floor.

“I was trying to find Prince Yunho’s diary.”

“Are you crazy? Do you know that the royal guards are catching the booksellers?”

“Calm down. I am fine. Look! I escaped! Oh! This is so fun to be able to travel back to the past! Hahaha!”

Jaejoong shook his head at Faye’s reaction and stopped her from moving around to retie the hawthorn necklace around her neck. “You have been looking for me?”

“This is the second time I found this and given it back to you. Don’t lose it ever again.”

Jaejoong was leading the way to walk Faye home, and Faye was trailing a few steps behind him until she realized the vampire was slowing his steps so that she could catch up with him.

She continued to walk beside him and then she stopped to look at his shoes, starting to think about her dream from last night. “Sunbae-nim.” Faye called out.

Jaejoong turned to look at her.

“Did you come to look for me at the tavern last night?”

Jaejoong just stared back at her in silence.

Faye pouted at his silence and waved her hand at him. “Forget it! Treat it that I have never asked it before! It’s just a dream! Dream dream dream!”

“What kind of dream?”

“I dreamt of a cool vampire giving a pair of leather shoes to me as gift.”

Automatically, Jaejoong looked down at Faye’s straw shoes.

“I left them at home.” Faye confessed. “Because I wasn’t sure if they are mine but they fit my feet perfectly.”

“So?”

“So? So the cool handsome vampire put the shoes on for me. Hurhur!”

Jaejoong continued to stare at her and at the same time, Faye could feel her heart starting to race the same way in her dream. She stared intently at Jaejoong’s face and the latter fidgeted when he saw her staring at his lips.

“So?”

“So I want to know if it is a dream.” Faye waited and waited for an answer but all Jaejoong did was to stare back at her in silence.

The tension started to grow when Faye decided to break the awkward atmosphere. “Hahaha! Funny dream right? I am going to incorporate this dream into my manhwa!” With that she started to walk again and she mentally slapped herself for telling Jaejoong her dream. “Stupid fool! Obviously he doesn’t even care about your stupid dream.”

Jaejoong smirked as he watched her walk.

When they reached Faye’s house, Faye stopped and turned to face Jaejoong. “I need to tell you something. I know why you want to send me away but hiding is not going to solve any problem. I will send Sehun and my grandfather away while I continue to stay here.”

“Why are you so stubborn? You should know that Gwi is looking for you.”

“Have you forgotten? I am not from this era and I don’t belong here. I need to find a way to go back to where I belong.”

“Gwi will kill you before you even go back to your era!”

“Enough! I don’t care about Gwi! Let him come find me if he want to. I’ll make sure I stake him at his heart and kill him even if I have to die!” Faye hollered and turned around to walk back to her house, leaving Jaejoong behind.

---

**Flashback**

“You must arrest the Lustful Scholar before the Prime Minister does.” The king told Dongwook.

“I am sorry to tell you this but the Prime Minister, who has investigation authority, would not tolerate my interference.”

“Isn’t this a good thing?”

Dongwook looked up at his grandfather with a confused look.

“If you are able to arrest the Lustful Scholar without any help from the investigation authority, you are showing the capability to become my rightful heir to the throne. Capture the Lustful Scholar quickly. If you fail to do this successfully, you’ll have to give your throne away. One more thing.” The king paused. “All the collected Lustful Scholar’s flyers have disappeared. I want you to find these flyers as well as the possible spies within, and you must do this yourself.”

**End of Flashback**

Dongwook was in his study room, thinking about his earlier conversation with his grandfather when Gong Yoo entered the room. “We have searched from Gwejang-Gak to the main quarters but we didn’t manage to find the flyers.”

“A person who can move massive amount of flyers without anybody knowing. There’s only one person in the palace that can do such thing would be Gwi.” Dongwook muttered.

“Your highness, the flyers only disappeared after the sun had risen.”

“Then there’s only one solution to this problem.” Dongwook paused. “There must be another vampire who can walk in the daylight.”

Gong Yoo went silent upon hearing his reply.

---

Faye was staying up late to pack Sehun’s stuff when she saw her tale of the night scholar among Sehun’s book. “Oh! Why is my book here?” Faye asked, waving the sketchbook at Sehun.

“Noona, I am going to miss noona so I took this book with me.” Sehun smiled.

“Sorry, Sehun-ah. I need this book because I need to complete the story. I will make another copy for you when you come back. Okay?”

Sehun pouted and nodded his head.

“Noona promise you that this book is going to be a fantastic story so you must also listen to harabeoji when you get to Tamna.”

“Okay, noona.” Sehun answered. “Noona, may I know why are you not coming with us? Is it because of that scholar?”

Faye shook her head and smiled. “Noona has something to settle. Once I am done, I will go to Tamna to look for you. Promise?” Faye held her pinky out at the younger boy.

“Promise.” Sehun hooked her pinky with his.

“Okay! You should go to sleep now.” Faye urged and tucked the younger boy in bed before she went to her own bed, holding the sketchbook to her chest and thinking about Jaejoong before she drifted off to her dreamland.

---

Jaejoong was standing outside his room, looking at the night sky when BoA approached him from behind. “I’ve gotten another list of the slaves from a government official in Jeolla Province.”

Jaejoong nodded. “Good job.”

“Is Sehyun safe?” BoA asked.

Jaejoong nodded. “It’s late now, you should leave.”

BoA took a step forward, standing next to Jaejoong. “Is it okay if I stay here with you? Not as a woman but as a friend.”

Jaejoong turned to look at the gisaeng.

“This is the first time seeing you looking so sad. If you don’t want me to send her away, I’ll think of another way to keep her here.”

A smile appeared across Jaejoong’s face. “She is very pretty. The way she lived as a man just to feed her family, the way she never gave up hope even when it looked like nothing would improve in her life. Looking at her just reminds me of my past. When I was a human, I had persistence and hope. Those are the memories that I can never go back to.”

“Of course. That includes your love as well.” BoA thought silently in her head.

“It’s a short dream.” Jaejoong said. “Everything will disappear the moment I wake up. Anyway she won’t be leaving for Tamna. Just leave her alone.”

“Why?” BoA was shocked.

Jaejoong shook his head with her smile. “It’s her wish so just let her be who she is.” With that he made his way back to his room.

---

“You checked with your own eyes that she is safe?” Dongwook asked the man kneeling before him.

“Yes, your highness.” The man bowed. “I checked per your instruction.”

“You have to make sure that she is safe at all times from now onwards.”

“Yes?” The man looked up with a confused look.

“From now on, I order you to guard Oh Sehyun. If by any chance that kid gets arrested or gets hurt, I will make you pay for not fulfilling your duties.”

“I will carry out your order.” The man bowed.

Dongwook was walking on the street with his guards in disguise when he crossed path with Yoona, whom dropped her handkerchief as she walked past the Crown Prince.

Dongwook stopped to pick up the handkerchief. “Excuse me! You dropped this.”

Yoona turned to look at Dongwook when her servant ran up to collect the handkerchief from him. “Thank you, sunbae-nim.”

Dongwook smiled and looked towards Yoona, who gave him a bow before they continued on their way separately.

Dongwook arrived at the royal tribunal and saw the guards cleaning the place that had blood splattered everywhere. “What are they doing?” Dongwook asked the chief guard.

“I’m sorry but I cannot tell you.” The chief guard replied.

“That’s going overboard!” Gong Yoo interrupted. “How could you show no respect to the Crown Prince…”

“I ordered it!” Another voice spoke.

Dongwook and Gong Yoo turned to see the Prime Minister walking towards them.

“We are still in the midst of investigating so we gave an order not to reveal anything to anyone.”

“So I am included as ‘anyone’?”

“I’m sorry to say that but yes.” The Prime Minister answered.

“I have also received an order to catch the Lustful Scholar but of course, I must heed your advice since you have the authority.”

“I appreciate your cooperation, your highness.” The Prime Minister smiled victoriously.

“Then please be sure to investigate thoroughly, and n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter