Chapter 19

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just when Gong Yoo was about bite Junsu when Faye threw a punch on his back, diverting his attention away. Gong Yoo released his grip on Junsu and changed his target to Faye.

"Holy !" Faye cursed and began to back away from the vampire until she tripped on her own foot, falling to the ground.

Gong Yoo went down straight for her neck when Faye grabbed him by the neck to stop him from biting her. But her strength could never be compared to a vampire and she began to gasp for air until she passed out.

Gong Yoo was about to bite her neck when Jaejoong zoomed in, flinging him off Faye.

"Arghhhhh!" Gong Yoo let out a growl and charged towards Jaejoong.

Instead of fighting him, Jaejoong carried Faye away and escaped from the gibang when he sensed Gwi's presence nearby. Shortly after Jaejoong left, Gwi arrived in his nobleman' clothes and stopped Gong Yoo when he was about to chase after Jaejoong. "Leave them!" Gwi ordered.

Immediately, Gong Yoo went calm and leapt back to Gwi's side. A smirk appeared across Gwi's face. "Didn't expect you to remain unharmed when Kim Jaejoong is around. I guess you are useful to me in a way." And then Gwi saw a piece of black fabric in Gong Yoo’s hand.

---

Jaejoong took Faye home and sat by her bed until she woke up in shock. "Are you okay?" Jaejoong's face came into her view and she sprang up from the bed to hug him tightly. "I thought I wouldn’t get to see you again!" Faye cried.

"Don't worry. You are fine!" Jaejoong cooed, her back gently.

Faye nodded.

"Go back to sleep now." Jaejoong said, pulling away from the hug.

Faye frowned and grabbed his hand. "Don't leave me alone."

"I will stay here with you." Jaejoong smiled and patted her hand.

Faye nodded and went back to lie on the bed with her hand holding Jaejoong's one. It was only after a while when she had fallen asleep then Jaejoong tugged her hand under the blanket, leaving the room.

When Jaejoong left Faye's room and made his way back to his, he saw Ilkook at the corridor. "Is Seoeun back?" Ilkook asked the moment he saw Jaejoong.

"Yes."

"Then I must go tell the king that she has been found."

"No." Jaejoong stretched his hand out to stop the hunter from leaving. "What would you do if the king were to order you to kill Seoeun?"

"I would rather offer my own life than to kill the only child of my best friend! I see her as my own child so I won’t let anybody kill her!"

Jaejoong shook his head. "The king believes that sacrificing Seoeun is the only way to kill Gwi but I am not going to let them do it in any way!"

Ilkook was shocked that Dongwook would choose to sacrifice his childhood friend. "By doing so, the Crown Prince is no different from Gwi! And now I understand why Kang Joon hyung chose to raise his daughter as a boy." Ilkook muttered. "Is there another way to kill Gwi?"

"The diary is clear on one thing: all three factors must come together to defeat Gwi. Sacrificing Seoeun is not the real solution. I just need more time to study the diary so I am going to send her away where no one can find her. I need you to go away with hee so that you can help to keep her safe until the real solution is out."

"No problem. I will do my best to protect her." Ilkook nodded in agreement.

Once they parted way, Jaejoong went back to his room and as he undressed for the night, he noticed a part of his black hanbok was torn but he didn’t think any further and go to sleep after.

---

Gwi brought Gong Yoo back to his lair and trapped him forcibly inside a coffin despite the violent banging inside. BoA was horrified when she saw the sight. A smirk crept across Gwi's face when he saw the frightened look on her face. "Your scent must have stimulated him. I was planning to throw you away after playing you like a toy but it seems like I could play a little longer. But I have to apologize to you as well. Because of him…” Gwi looked down at the coffin. “Hwayang-Gak is in a mess now. I will give you a huge sum of money so when you return, you can reopen it again.”

“You are saying that you are letting go just like this?”

“Didn’t you tell me that? To savour and enjoy slowly.”

“I was getting tired of living my life in the gibang. I don’t care what happen to Hwayang-Gak anymore. I want to remain by your side for a little longer.” BoA said and as she looked down to Gwi’s hand, she recognized the piece of black fabric, which was part of Jaejoong’s protective hanbok.

Seeing the expression on her face, Gwi raised his hand and held the fabric up. “Do you know what is this?”

“Isn’t it a ripped silk cloak?”

“Correct. This is a piece of Kim Jaejoong’s robe.”

“You…you have finally found him and fulfilled your wish.” BoA stammered.

Gwi shook his head. “I only had a little fun just now.”

BoA heaved a sigh of relief to herself when she heard that Jaejoong was still alive.

"Anyway I find this piece of fabric extremely familiar.” Gwi muttered and he recalled Jisung having the same thing as well. “So this is the thing that allows Kim Jaejoong to walk in broad daylight. If I can get this black robe, then I will be able to be the true king.”

Just then Prime Minister Im walked into the lair. “I have delievered your order. However, do you really believe the Crown Prince has nothing to do with that incident?”

“It doesn’t matter. The king is dead now and the Crown Prince want to save his own life.” Gwi answered.

“Then are you saying that you will let the Crown Prince be coronated?”

“I’m more proud of him than you who has been trying to teach me.” Gwi snorted.

“I was just trying…”

“Prime Minister, stop trying to do things that are out of your league. No matter how powerless the king’s position is, not everyone can sit on that throne.”

“I’m sorry.” Prime Minister Im apologized.

“After making him the king, I will make the people forsake him.” An evil smirk appeared on Gwi’s face.

---

Junsu was watching nervously when the royal guards carried more and more dead bodies out from the gibang. The gibang was closed down for the time being. The guards posted a notice on the side, announcing on the demise of the king and the coronation of Dongwook.

The people on the street started to whisper among themselves. “It must be the vampire’s doing.”

Junsu quickly made his way back to home quickly. “It was rumoured that the Crown Prince offered his grandfather to Gwi to save his own life.”

“That can’t be! There isn’t a national funeral for the king.” Ilkook added.

“Did you find any outgoing boat?” Jaejoong asked.

“There is one ship coming and departing for China. But master… are you sure about sending her away?” Junsu asked.

“It will be even more dangerous for her to stay by my side. I cannot leave until I find BoA and the way to kill Gwi. Hence I want you to Teacher Song and Sehyun to a safe place to hide.”

Junsu shook his head. “I am staying here! I have to serve you.”

“Seoeun won’t leave so easily.” Ilkook interjected.

“If she doesn’t want to leave on her own, I will make her leave.”

“Why? Why do you have to go this far?” Junsu questioned.

“That’s because I don’t want to see her getting hurt. If she continues to stay by my side, she will get involve in fights and find out that she is the secret plan. If that really happen, I know she will choose to sacrific herself.” Jaejoong said and when he tried to get up, he fell back to the floor weakly.

“Master, are you okay?” Junsu asked worriedly.

“I am fine.” Jaejoong panted.

Jaejoong came out of the house to find Faye sitting outside, waiting for him. Faye got up from the stone steps and ran to Jaejoong immediately with a happy smile. “Are you going somewhere?” Faye asked.

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked coldly.

Faye frowned at his sudden change of attitude. “Why? Did I do anything wrong?”

“You and me… can never be together.” Jaejoong said, taking out her slave paper from his sleeve and started ripping it apart. “Leave. You are free to go now.” With that he threw the pieces of paper onto the ground and walked away.

Faye cried as she stooped down to pick up the pieces. “Aren’t you the one trying too hard?”

Jaejoong shed a tear as he walked away from her.

---

“It’s the Elder’s order to find and capture the traitor Kim Jaejoong.” Prime Minister relayed the order from Gwi to Dongwook.

“Even if you know where he is, we can’t win him at all.” Dongwook replied.

“Although he has the strength of a vampire, he still has the heart of a human. Don’t you think that this is his weakness? The Elder will happy even if you only find out about his location.” Prime Minister Im laughed. “Don’t forget that this is a chance to prove your loyalty to the Elder.”

“Your majesty, why do you look so gaunt? Please look after your health.” Yoona commented.

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me” Dongwook told her.

“How can I not be worried? I can still remember what you had said in the past. The king must be righteous so that the country can prosper. Are you really going to sit here and watch the beast swallowing the country up slowly?”

“I have a childhood friend. I have been trying to look for her for the past ten years but no matter how hard I tried, I still didn’t manage to find her. It was only until recently then I found her. But we got separated again. I have already committed an unforgivable sin against her.”

“But don’t you have more important thing to look after than looking for her?” Yoona questioned.

“If finding my childhood friend is that important thing, what would you do? If we were to offer her to Gwi, we could save the country. Would you do it?”

“What do you mean?”

“That child…is the secret plan to kill Gwi.”

“Then we should quickly send people out to look for her…”

“I already know where she lives.” Dongwook interjected.

“You know? Then how come…”

“If I can get rid of Gwi, all of these sufferings will be over. But I can’t get past my fear of losing everything. What if I lost my friend and the throne at the same time? I don’t think I can forgive myself.”

“Your majesty, you still have me. You also have your grandfather, your loyal subject Gong Yoo, the Lustful Scholar and the people who followed him. I don’t know how precious that friend is to you but you need to think of the country.”

After leaving Dongwook’s chamber, Yoona started to think back about Gwi’s comment about the legend where a child born from a human an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter