Chapter 5

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Faye was exploring the busy market street in the usual male tradition costume and stopped when she saw a group of children drawing on the dust on the ground. “Kids, are you interested in drawing?”

“Yes!” All of them looked at her eagerly.

“I’ll teach you how to draw!” Faye said. “Do you have papers, brushes and ink?”

All of them shook their heads with a sad look.

“Okay. I will go back home to get some materials and then I’ll be back soon.”

“Okay, hyung-nim/orabeonim.”

Just when Faye was about to leave the children, two men came up to her. “Yah! Oh Sehyun!” The bigger man grabbed Faye by the collar, roaring angrily. “Where are you going to pay up what you owed me?”

“Mwoya? What the hell are you talking about? Who are you? Since when did I borrow money from you?” Faye hollered back.

“Stop acting blur! You borrowed a large sum of money from me to pay for your younger brother’s medicine!”

Faye stopped struggling and finally realized what the man was talking about. It must be Oh Sehyun that borrowed the money not her. Because she had taken her identity, these loansharks must have mistaken her as that guy who borrowed their money.

“Okay. I’ll pay you back the money after I complete my client’s request.” Faye said.

“Don’t try to buy time! I want you to pay up now!”

Faye was pissed and she threw a punch on the man’s face. “Damn it! Let me tell you straight! If I have my gym bag with me, I would have paid you straightaway but even if I have, you couldn’t even use the money! I have no money now so it’s either you wait or kill me! Damn it!” She snapped.

The two men were taken aback by her outburst and took a step away from her, staring fearfully at her. “Ooooookay… We will give you three days, if not we will sell your house away and you can be homeless for the rest of your life.”

“Deal.” Faye walked away in a huff.

“Ehhh hyung… Don’t you find that kid a little different today?” The shorter man asked.

The first man nodded his head vigorously. “He seems to become fiercer.”

---

Jaejoong and Junsu headed down to a house where the Lustful Scholar’s novels said to be originated.

“Master, are you sure this is the right place?” Junsu asked.

“We just need to find out now.” Jaejoong said and went on to search the house, finding nothing but blank paper until Junsu opened up a trough full of dead bodies.

“WAHHHHHH!” Junsu fell on his , scrambling away from the trough.

Jaejoong went forward to check the bodies. “This isn’t Gwi’s work. These people died from sword cuts. It seems like we are not the only one looking for the same person.”

“Noonas, what do you think about this story?” Faye asked eagerly when the group of gisaengs were looking at the pictures she had drawn about the night scholar.

All the gisaengs shook their heads when one of them spoke. “Don’t try to bluff us, kiddo! There’s no such thing as the night scholar in the world. People are suffering from corrupted officials and hence they created such character like the night scholar.”

“No, I’ve also heard about the vampire.” The other gisaeng said.

“Aigoo! I don’t care about the monster story like the night scholar. I want to read romance novels; the love between a man and woman. I want something like what the Lustful Scholar had written. You know?”

“Woooooo~~~” The rest of the gisaengs squealed excitedly.

“Goryeo ladies don’t really appreciate supernatural manhwa I guess.” Faye thought as she took a pile of book out from her bag. “These are three romance novels that are so hot that it will burn you.”

“AHHHHHH!” The gisaengs squealed again.

“I’ll charge you at five nyang each book. This is my special price for all the beautiful noonas here.”

The gisaengs started paying Faye while she distributed them to the gisaengs until one of the gisaengs made this comment, hugging the book. “My last wish is to be able to sleep with sunbaenim.”

“Ahhh… You still don’t want to give up? Cut it out. He’s not even smitten by BoA unni’s beauty.” The other gisaeng said.

“Pssssh!” Another gisaeng scoffed, rolling her eyes. “Like you can say anything. Who was the one that was kicked out last month?”

“Who are you talking about?” Faye asked, preparing to leave the gisaengs’ room.

“You know him too. You met him last night. All the gisaengs here are dying to lay their hands on him.” The gisaeng said flirtatiously. “All of us wanted to sleep with him so badly.”

“Oh… How can he stay away from such beauties like all of you?” Faye asked.

“There’s a rumour that he lost his lover many years ago and he has yet to get over her death, so this was why he has no interest in any other woman.” The first gisaeng answered.

“There’s also another rumour that he had lost his pride as a man, and there’s also another rumour that he likes men.” Another chimed in.

“So you should also be careful whenever you meet him.” The gisaeng warned Faye. “You have a pretty face that is exactly what gay men like.”

“Ohhhhhhh~~~”

“Hahaha!” Faye laughed. “That’s because he is so handsome that rumours will follow him everywhere he go.”

All of a sudden Dongwook burst into the room. “Are you talking about me?”

“Oh!” Faye was surprised to see him again. “It’s you.”

“My name is Lee Dongwook. Nice to see you again, Sehyun-ah!”

“How did you know my name?”

“I asked the people here.” Dongwook smiled.

“I see.”

“Come! I want to show you something.” With that Dongwook pulled Faye out of the room.

“Uhhhh… Ehhhh… Hmmmm…” Faye was tapping her chin when she looked at Dongwook’s drawing.

“What do you think?” Dongwook asked.

“Is this position even possible?” Faye asked.

“I won’t draw unless I’ve tried it before.” Dongwook bragged, his imaginary beard.

“Wah!” Faye blinked continuously at the picture before her. “I didn’t expect you to be so exotic! You are way too…ermmm…proper to do such thing!”

Dongwook just stared at her and smiled.

“Why are you staring at me? Did I have something on my face?” Faye asked as she touched her face.

“No, You just remind me of a very good friend that I had lost ten years ago.”

“What happened to your friend?”

“He ran away and left me behind, and he took the other half of the thing I treasured the most.” Dongwook took out a small brush case and showed it to Faye.

“What? Your friend stole it from you?”

“No. I was the one who gave it to him.”

**Flashback**

“Abamama, can I give this to Seoeun?” Little Dongwook held the brush case up at his father.

“Of course. It’s already yours. You can give it to anyone you want.” The king and his advisor, Seoeun’s father, smiled as they watched their kids each took half of the brush card, smiling happily at one another.

“Seoeun-ah, there are only two of these in this world. You are like my biological brother, so let’s split it.”

Seoeun looked back at his father.

“Accept it.”

Seoeun nodded and accepted the gift with a happy smile on his face.

**End of Flashback**

Dongwook watched Faye’s face as she admired the brush case, and realized she didn’t seem to recognize the case at all.

“Wah! I can tell this is a pretty rare item with one glance. I hope you can find the other half soon.” Faye smiled, handing it back to Dongwook.

Dongwook nodded. “I hope so too.”

Just then a man came and told Faye about Jaejoong’s arrival. “Young master, the scholar has arrived.”

“Yes, I’m coming.” Faye answered and turned back to Dongwook. “Hyung-nim, I’ll see you at the pharmacy on the next day then.”

Dongwook nodded and watched Faye left the pavilion.

The moment Faye left the place, Dongwook appeared. “It’s time to leave this place.”

At the same time a large group of palace guards burst through the main entrance of the gibang and started tearing the place apart. “Go in and catch him!”

“Aigoo! Sir, you can’t do this!” One of the servants came out to stop the guards

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter