Chapter 23

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was nighttime when Gwi headed to the palace when he started to recall the memory of how the first king summoned him to strike a deal with him to build the Goryeo dynasty.

**Flashback**

“Gwi, I want you to get rid of all the royal that you have been serving. Help me build a new country.”

“What do I get from it?”

“All my descendants would serve you and you would rule the night.”

**End of Flashback**

“I guess this deal will end here.” Gwi smirked before he zoomed off.

In the court, the officials were speculating on who would be the new king while waiting for Gwi’s arrival. “I wonder who will be the next king since Gwi can dethorne whoever he want.”

“Anyone can see that it will be the Prime Minister.”

Prime Minister Im smirked when he heard the comment. Just then the door flung open, Gwi came in in the king’s robe with Yoona trailing after him. The other officials, including the prime minister were shocked.

Amidst their murmurs, Gwi took his seat on the throne and announced to the officials. “From this moment onwards, I am the king.”

The officials started whispering among themselves.

“Why? Is my presence too much to be a king? Or should I call myself the emperor?” Gwi smirked, looking at the prime minister.

“You cannot say that! The king’s throne is not for anyone!” One of the officials shouted.

“What is your thought?” Gwi asked, staring at Prime Minister Im.

“We have rules in this country.” Prime Minister Im began.

“Have you forgotten that I was the one who made these rules with your first king?”

“Of course, that is true. But because of the series of events happening, we have to pacify the people first.”

“This is why I had already chased away the vampire living in the palace and dethroned the king who has been serving him. Isn’t that so, my queen?”

Yoona bowed.

“If that vampire were to return, you would not be able to hold your necks like you are doing right now.”

The officials lowered their heads and kept quiet.

“So what should we do from now on?” Gwi asked. “What does a king do?”

“He manages the country’s finance and he uses them for the people...”

Gwi let out a chuckle and cut the prime minister off. “I don’t think that’s what you should be saying. Forget it. Open your treasury room and bring me the silver. The advisor’s position is vacant now. I will assign that position to whoever brings me the most silver.”

---

Faye’s gang brought Jaejoong back to his home but he was still unconscious. “Aigoo! I guess Sehyun’s blood is too potent for master!” Junsu cried. “Why isn’t he waking up?”

“Let him rest.” BoA patted on Junsu’s shoulder.

“But master is…” Junsu looked up at BoA and saw the woman looking towards at Faye.

“Ah! Right! I have something to take care.” Junsu stood up and turned to Faye. “Please take care of him well.”

Faye sat by his bedside to clean his wound and body.

The unconscious Jaejoong was dreaming of himself walking through an empty town seeped in dense fog when he saw his parents appearing before him. “Abeonim! Omonim!” He called out to his parents and they disappeared after that.

And then someone in dragon robe appeared behind him and walked into the dark alley. “Crown Prince? Yunho-ah! Yunho-ah!”

The scene changed when Jaejoong opened the doors to see Dana sitting in the room, sewing. “Oraboni!” Dana looked up at Jaejoong with a smile.

“Dana-ah!” Jaejoong called out and went into the room when Dana disappeared instantly. He began to realize that he couldn’t catch up to any of them. He looked down at his hand in horror when he saw his hand bleeding. “I am a beast and I cannot keep the people I loved by my side. No matter how long it had passed, this is the fact that cannot be changed.”

And then He ran out of the house until he heard Junsu calling after him. “Master!”

Jaejoong stopped and turned around to see Junsu running towards his direction.

“Junsu-ah…”

“Yes, master! Oh! Are you not feeling well?”

Jaejoong looked down at his hand to find the scar gone. “No.”

“Oh… Master, can you walk a little slower when you are walking with me? I have a hard time catching up.”

Jaejoong smiled.

“Anyway BoA had already made an arrangement, the bookseller should be arriving soon.”

“Bookseller?” Jaejoong asked and then he saw Junsu walking away.

When Jaejoong arrived at the gibang, he saw BoA greeting him with a book in hand. “Welcome, master.”

“BoA-ah!” Jaejoong approached the gisaeng whom handed him the book in her hands.

“I found the bookseller who sells this book.”

He sat behind a screen and Faye appeared moments later, just like the first time.

“You can order anything and I will find it.” Faye beamed.

“Faye-ah!” Jaejoong stood up and grabbed her by the hand. “I don’t those books anymore! Let’s go!”

But as soon as he came in contact with her hand, he found himself in Gwi’s lair. He turned around to see Faye being held as captive again. Faye stabbed herself with the dagger in Gwi’s hand and fell to the ground.

“Noooooo!” Jaejoong screamed and rushed to her side immediately.

“Drink…drink my blood.” Faye urged him before dying in his arms.

Jaejoong quivered in rage and looked up at Gwi but it turned out to be Evil Jaejoong who was laughing back at him.

It was harsh enough to wake him from his dream. Jaejoong opened his eyes and looked around. As if sensing movement from him, Faye woke up from sleep to see Jaejoong staring at her. “Jaejoong, are you okay?”

Jaejoong continued to stare at her in silence.

“Do… do you recognize me?” Faye asked cautiously.

“What happened? Why am I here?” Jaejoong asked but he shot up from his bed immediately, holding Faye by the shoulders. “Are you alright? How did you escape from Gwi?”

Faye stared back at him in bewilderment. “Do you not remember anything?”

“I remembered running into the underground lair to save you. But after that…” Jaejoong dropped his hands from her shoulders and stared blankly at the space.

---

The story about Jaejoong being the evil vampire spread throughout the town like wildfire, and his recent attack in the marketplace supported Gwi’s false claims. Yoona was resting in her chamber when her father came in. “What exactly did you tell him?” Prime Minister Im asked.

“That is not what I wanted.”

“Then?”

“He is a monster who has lived several hundreds of years and controlled quite a number of kings. With your miserable 10 years of experience being a cabinet member, do you really think that your wit would be his match?” Yoona sneered.

“Then do you think Gwi, who is so full of suspicion, would accept you so easily?”

“As long as I can save the king, I don’t care about what happen to me.” Yoona replied.

“Do you really think that Gwi will let him go on his exile?”

“I know a lot about Gwi so it’s not like I don’t have a plan.” Yoona smirked.

“Since you are so concerned about the king’s safety, are you in love with him?”

“You have been yearning for the throne that could never be yours and you even sacrificed your own daughter to show your loyalty for the past ten years. But what do you get in return? Only a position to run his errands.” Yoona fired back.

“Just wait and see. Soon he will realize it himself that the dark underground lair is his place.” Prime Minister Im warned.

In the underground lair, Gwi has begun to feel bored and threw the petitions to the ground, stepping on under his feet. “Petitions are to be read and not to be stepped on.” Yoona reminded.

“What nonsense!” Gwi sneered.

“The cambine members seem to be very unhappy so they are meeting with the prime minister.” Yoona reported.

“They are worried about their pockets because I told them to bring silver to me.”

“If these people were to defy you in a group, the government would be dysfunctional. If that were to happen, the people would definitely riot over this.”

Gwi smiled. “You speak like you know a lot about government business.”

“Don’t underestimate the humans. They may not be able to choose who to serve but once they make up their minds that they won’t serve you anymore, nothing will be able to stop them.”


“Are you worrying about me or is your heart always like that?” Gwi paused. “You are right that I don’t think much about the humans but you will soon realize that they are really weak and cunning. I will leave for a little while” With that he left his lair and walked through the palace, killing the first guard he saw and turning him into a vampire.

An evil smirk crept across his face as he dragged the dead guard on the ground.

---

“Is it really okay to leave Sehyun like that? Even if master were to wake up, he might not go back to his normal self.” Junsu voiced out his worry.

“He should be fine. He seems to have passed out because of the effect of the blood is wearing off.”

“So… Did he really become that strong after drinking her blood?” Junsu asked.

“If Sehyun survived and had not gotten away, I think he would have taken Gwi down on the spot. But thing wouldn’t just end there. He may become like Gwi because his vampire’s instinct has also become stronger.”

“So this is what it means by the maternal relation.”

Just then Faye came into the library and went up to the two. “Sehyun-ah, how is master? Has he woken up? Or is he still in that scary state?”

“He is back to his usual self but it seems like he couldn’t remember anything about that transformation. I’m not sure if we should tell him about it or not.”

“No, don’t tell him about that.” Junsu said.

“There are many people who saw him as a vampire in the capital so he would still know about it one day.” BoA pointed out.

Faye nodded her head in agreement. “I’ll see what I can do. I hope he can take this properly. I’m just worried that he will blame himself for what he had done.”

Just then Jaejoong walked into the library and saw the three in their discussion. “What’s the matter? BoA-ah, you escaped from Gwi as well?”

“You came to save us.” Faye told him.

“Is that true?” Jaejoong looked up at BoA.

“Yes.” BoA smiled. “Gwi couldn’t come ut of his underground lair since it was during the daytime.”

“What about Teacher Song? Where is he?” Jaejoong asked.

The trio kept quiet.

“I will go out to check on the situation,” said Jaejoong.

“No!” Junsu interrupted. “Master, you should go to rest! I’ll do it on your behalf.”

‘Yes, Junsu is right. You should rest.” Faye said, holding his hand.

---

“So why do you all want to see me?” Gwi asked, looking at the officials before him.

“It is commenable that you have gotten rid of the weak king. However the position of the king…” Prime Minister said but got cut off by another official.

“What do you think the people will react to that?”

“There is no place for a monster to rule this country! There isn’t a royal family!” Another added.

“I’d already told you that I am the one who made this country and the royal family.” Gwi said.

“Running a country is not that simple. Why do you need those silver for?” Prime Minister Im asked.

“A war, of course!”

The officials turned to look at one another in shock.

“War? How?”

“Since the vampire had escaped from the palace, who knows if there will be other vampires popping up? So of course, we must get ready to settle this. Don’t you think so?” Gwi asked with a raised brow. “Melt all the silver coins collected so far and make them into bullets.”

“What are you talking about?” Prime Minister Im asked.

Gwi slammed his hand on the table, causing the officials to jump in fear.

“Are you planning to scare the people so that they will follow you? How about putting a human up for a front and just live comfortably in the palace?” Prime Minister Im retorted.

Gwi shot a disgusted look back at the prime minister until a eunuch came running into the court. “Your majesty!”

“What is it?” Prime Minister Im asked.

“There are vampires at the oustkirts of the capital!”

The officials started whispering among themselves while Gwi smirked victoriously. “Get the troops ready! I will lead them myself.”

The town was infested with feral vampires and they were going around terrorizing the innocent citizens, killing whoever that were in their path. Just then Gwi rode up like a hero, shooting down all the feral vampires.

Once all vampires were dead, he went over to return a child to her mother before turning to the surviving citizens. “Cremate all the corpses that were bitten by vampires. I, the king of this country, will get rid of all the vampires myself.”

---

Jaejoong was in his room when he discovered his wounds had all healed up. “Not only are my wounds healed up, my body has also felt so much lighter than before.” He thought to himself until he saw Faye walking into his room.

“How are you feeling?” Faye asked.

“I don’t know what is going on but it seems like there is a change in my body.”

Faye’s eyes went wide at his reply

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter