Chapter 10

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The city was in chaos when they saw the flyers. “Aigoo! There’s a bloodsucking monster living in the palace!” The villagers exclaimed as they read the flyer.

But a strong gust of wind blew through the city, snatching all the papers out of their hands and sweeping them away.

---

“Before my father’s death, he gave this book and talked about Gwi.” Dongwook began. “It’s unbelievable that there is a monster taking control of the kingdom.”

**Flashback**

Little Dongwook was flipping through Vampire Tale and got a shock when he saw a portrait of Gwi with blood on his mouth.

“Don’t worry.” Daejung told his son with a smile. “I will find the secret plan to get rid of him.”

“Abamama.” Dongwook looked at his father.

“Dongwook-ah, if anything were to happen to me, you have to find Sir Seo Jun Dongto look for Crown Prince Yunho’s diary. Keep that in mind, Dongwook-ah. You must trust no one other than my teacher.”

Three days later Crown Prince Daejun was killed for treason and in order to confirm about his father’s death, Dongwook went into the chamber where his father’s body was kept and broke down when he saw his father’s lifeless body lying in front of his eyes.

Dongwook noticed the marks on his father’s neck and it was just like what the novel had described about the victims from the vampire attacks. And lying next to his father’s body were his teacher and Gong Yoo’s father.

Just then some voices were heard outside and the eunuch muffled Dongwook and hid him behind the screen when they overheard the king’s conversation with the prime minister.

“If you defy him again, then your majesty and our Norons won’t be able to live on.” The prime minister said.

“You should stop!” Advisor Gong interrupted. “He had already sacrificed his son to keep his throne. That must not happen again.”

“We have to find Crown Prince Yunho’s diary that the new crown prince has stolen…”

**End of Flashback**

“And then the chief eunuch went to look for Seo Kang Joon immediately, but the diary was nowhere to be found.” Dongwook told Gong Yoo.

“Seeing that Im Hak is searching so hard for the Lustful Scholar, it would mean Gwi is also looking for the diary. Choi Seongdu might know the whereabout of the diary.” Gong Yoo speculated.

“If not, the missing Seoeun might be holding it.”

Just then two guards came into the house. “Your highness, Park was killed by a guard’s arrow and Choi Seongdu went missing.”

---

“He’s indeed a guard for the Lustful Scholar.” A teenage boy told Jaejoong when he examined the tattoos on the dead body that Jaejoong had brought back.

“By…by by any chance, is he a slave?” Junsu stuttered.

“What’s Uise?” BoA asked.

“It’s Crown Prince Daejung’s pen name.” Jaejoong replied. “He’s probably the bodyguard for the crown prince.”

“I thought anybody related to the crown prince were all killed ten years ago?” BoA pointed out.

“Go find out about the bodyguards of Crown Prince Daejung. I want to know if they are alive or dead.” Jaejoong said. “If we were to find the surviving’s slave documents, then we might be able to track down the Lustful Scholar.”

BoA nodded.

When everyone was gone, Jaejoong poured the basket over into the fire he set and all the flyers he had gathered last night came falling down into the fire. He stood there and watched the flyers burnt in the fire when he took out the portrait that he had taken from Faye. He stared at the drawing for a moment and was about to throw it into the fire when he stopped and folded the portrait back, putting it back into his robe and leaving the flyers to burn on their own.

---

The next morning Faye was at the marketplace with the other booksellers when her grandfather came to look for her. “Harabeoji!” Faye called out when she saw the old man standing some distance away from her group.

“Come with me!” The old man hissed and walked to the single-handed merchant’s bookstore to talk to Faye.

“Waeyo, harabeoji? Why can’t we talk there?” Faye asked.

“Quit the job immediately!” The old man said. “Even if I did not see Crown Prince Yunho’s diary, I am well-aware how dangerous that book is! While I was working for Crown Prince Daejung for seven years, I was also looking for that book secretly. After that, the crown prince was down with an illness. Anyone who had any relation to that book was capture. I, too, have to live in hiding for years.”

“Then how did you manage to stay alive while hiding?” Faye asked.

“That’s because the only people who know that I was the bookseller of the crown prince are the deceased crown prince and Jiwoo.” The old man said. “When I found out that you are trying to look for that book, I was surprised and that was why I slapped you. I am sorry. I have been a bad grandfather who can’t even do anything for you.”

Tears were b up in Faye’s eyes. “Harabeoji, you look more hurt than I do.”

The old man just stared and blinked at her.

“By the way, where did Jiwoo Ahjussi go?” Faye asked. “He hasn’t been home for five days already!”

“There’s probably a shipment coming so he must be out on business. He usually disappears when that happens.” The old man replied, avoiding eye contact with Faye. “Sehyun-ah, quit your job. Okay?” The old man grabbed her hands and stared into her eyes. “Just in case, if it were to reveal that I have been the bookseller of the crown prince, our family would die! Listen to what harabeoji say, okay?”

---

Faye was walking along the street with the money pouch that Jaejoong had given her as the payment for hiring her to be his personal bookseller. She wasn’t sure what to do because she knew she did not belong to this era and she should focus on how to get back to her own world.

As she arrived at the gibang, Faye went straight to see Jaejoong.

“How’s your leg?” Jaejoong asked.

“You should know very well yourself right? So why ask?” Faye shot back, rolling her eyes.

Jaejoong shot her a look and looked back down to his scroll. Faye placed the bag of money on the scroll, causing Jaejoong to look back up at her. “What is it?”

“I can’t do this business anymore.”

“Why?” Jaejoong asked.

“Because I need to focus on going back to where I belong.”

“No. You had already accepted the payment, so you must continue with the business.”

“But…” Jaejoong held his hand up to stop her from talking further.

“Just continue to search for the book that I need.” Faye let out a sigh and turned around to leave when Jaejoong called her back.

“Hey.”

Faye turned around to see Jaejoong tossing the bag of money back to her. “Take it back. At least for your grandfather and brother.”

Faye bowed at him for the money and left the gibang. The moment Faye left Jaejoong’s room, BoA came in. “Master, the people are still talking about the possibility of a vampire living in the palace even the flyers had been destroyed. Maybe you shouldn’t get that girl to continue looking for the diary.”

Jaejoong held his hand up to stop BoA from talking any further. “I know what I am doing.”

---

Meanwhile Dongwook was having a walk on the street with Gong Yoo when he saw Faye loitering around a building, which was heavily guarded by the royal guards.

“Why is he here?” Gong Yoo muttered.

“I’ll find out the answer for you.” Dongwook smiled and made his way towards Faye.

Faye was fanning herself with a handkerchief when she saw Dongwook walking towards her. “Hyung-nim!”

“Kiddo!” Dongwook waved and smiled happily at her. “Why are you here?”

“I am here to return the money that you had helped me paid off.” Faye held the bag of money out at Dongwook.

Just then soldiers came charging down the lane on their horses, and Dongwook whirled Faye out of the harm, pulling her into his arms.

“Ehhh! How can they ride horses on such busy street?” Faye scolded and Dongwook realized the man in his arms was actually a woman.

He stared down at Faye when she asked if he’s alright.

“Yeah!” Dongwook nodded with a blush.

“Hey kid, why are you blushing?” Faye asked.

“Nothing.” Dongwook shook his head and then he noticed the straw shoes that she was wearing. “Kiddo, come! Let’s go take a walk at the marketplace.” Dongwook said and pulled Faye towards the marketplace where he made his way straight to the stall that was selling shoes.

“Anyway did you hear about the gathering of the fake Lustful Scholar? I heard the fake guards came to take everyone away and the king is furious about it.”

“Ya, I heard about it. I was there too. And after the fake guards released us, I went back to find everything wiped clean. But it’s still a relief that the Lustful Scholar is safe and sound.”

“So are you rooting for a traitor?” Dongwook asked.

“I just need to get the hell out of here.” Faye thought out loud in her mind and spoke something els

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter