Chapter 17

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Jaejoong!" Faye called out as she arrived at the clearing.

Jaejoong stared back at her with his red eyes and tossed Dongwook to the ground, turning away from her immediately.

“Why are you here?” Dongwook asked.

“What’s going on here?” Faye questioned back and then she saw the brush casing on the ground.

Faye picked up the brush casing that Dongwook had dropped during the tussle and was surprised to recognise it as the one that Jaejoong had given her. "How did..."

“Your highness, get down!” Before she could even get a chance to ask, Ilkook arrived at the clearing and shot an arrow at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong leapt up into the air and caught it in his hand, sending it back to the tree right next Ilkook”s head. "Let's go!" Jaejoong said, grabbing Faye's hand and pulling her away.

Ilkook wanted to chase after them but Dongwook held his hand up to stop him. “Just let them be.”

Once they were back home, Jaejoong pulled Faye to the library immediately. "Why did you come out by yourself?"

"I was worried about you and you had just recovered from that gunshot, what happened if the person come back to hunt you down?"

Jaejoong stared back at Faye in silence.

"Why are you fighting with the Crown Prince just now?" Faye asked.

"I was hoping that he could fight alongside with me but it seemed like he is loyal to Gwi now. I once told him to come to the gibang to look for me as a show of faith but he never showed up."

"I don't think he will bow down to Gwi." Faye commented.

"Why are you so sure?"

"Because I saw him at the gibang last night. He seems to be looking for someone but I don't know who is he looking for. I left before he could see me. And do you remember this casing?" Faye held the casing out at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong nodded.

"This is the other half of what the Crown Prince possesses. He had once told me the other half of this casing belonged to his long-lost friend, whom I suspected to be Oh Sehyun or Seoeun."

Jaejoong nodded and put his hands on Faye's shoulders. "I don't want you to go out of house for the time being since the Crown Prince's intention for coming here is unknown."

---

"Your highness, why didn't you rescue Seoeun from the vampire?" Ilkook asked.

Dongwook was confused when he heard Ilkook's question. "You must have mistaken! Seoeun is a man!"

Ilkook shook his head. "You are the one who is mistaken. Although I don't know the reason why, Kang Joon hyung raised his daughter as a boy."

Dongwook's eyes went wide upon hearing his reply. "Sehyun-ah, are you really that Seoeun that I have been looking for?"

"Your highness, I’ve searched the forest but I couldn’t find any traces!" Gong Yoo came back to report his findings to Dongwook. “Who was that person?”

“The vampire that helped the Lustful Scholar.”

“You know that vampire?” Ilkook questioned.

"When I was Lustful Scholar that time, he was the one who helped me. He has the diary and told me to go to him if I have the will to fight against Gwi.”

"We can't trust a vampire! He killed Kang Joon hyung and he must be using Seoeun to find Prince Yunho's diary so he is no different from Gwi!" Ilkook countered.

"No, he is different." Gong Yoo interjected. "He had helped us too many times, which we cannot simply ignore it just because he is a vampire. If he were really like Gwi, he could easily kill all of us. He wouldn't need to help us for so many times!"

Dongwook's heart has begun to sway, contemplating if he should fight alongside with Jaejoong.

---

Dongwook was walking aimlessly around the marketplace when he bumped into Yoona. "Jesong hamnida!" Yoona apologised and when she looked up at the person, she was surprised to see Dongwook smiling at her.

"Oh!" Before she could even say anything to Dongwook, an arrow came flying towards them from a rooftop. Dongwook spotted the arrow and swung Yoona out of the way.

Once she was out of the way, she saw a second arrow coming straight for Dongwook. She jumped in to save him, taking the arrow in her back. At the same time Dongwook’s guards arrived at the scene, but the assassin had slipped away.

“There must be assassins that are after me. Chase after them!” Dongwook ordered.

---

Dongwook was sitting by Yoona’s side in a doctor’s house while she was having a fitful dream. “Please save me… abeoji…”

“Miss, wake up.”! Dongwook called out.

“As you order… I’ll do anything you order me to do… Please… Please save my mother…” And then Yoona woke up with tearful eyes.

She sat up from the bed, clutching her shoulder. “Did you watch me till now?”

Dongwook nodded. “If the arrow were to go any deeper, your life would be in great danger. Thankfull the doctor has treated you so there shouldn’t be any problem.”

“Thank you.” Yoona bowed.

“I should be the one thanking you. They were supposed to kill me instead but you threw yourself to block the arrow for me.”

“But why is he after you?”

“Since there are so many enemies everywhere, I have no way to find out who is it.”

“You must be in a very difficult position.” Yoona said. “I guess I should leave now. Argh!”

Dongwook grabbed her on the shoulder and stopped her from moving. “You can’t. I can’t watch someone get hurt because of me anymore.”

Yoona shook her head. “I have to go. I am someone who is getting married soon. I can’t be seen to be with another man.”

Dongwook retracted his hand from Yoona. “I’m sorry.”

“No. This is just an unwanted political marriage.”

“Are you in some kind of situation?”

“A daugher being sold because of her father’s greed for power. It’s not a special reason after all.” Yoona sobbed. “But there is a big cause behind it.”

“A big cause?”

“Yes, I want to support the king so that I can help to make this country a better place.”

“Then…” Dongwook probed.

“The person that I am going to marry is the Crown Prince.”

“I see.” Dongwook replied. “I didn’t know you were someone who would become the new Crown Princess. Since it’s already so late now, I will send my men to go back with you. Take care.”

Yoona returned a bow back and watched Dongwook left.

---

“It seems like our Crown Prince has matured.” Gwi smiled, looking at the king and Dongwook.

“We need to pick a good day and quickly hold the marriage.” The king said.

“What about the first night? Are you planning to spend the night in the palace?” Gwi asked with an amused look on his face. “How about I have her for that night?”

“I’m planning to hold a banquet that night. Please attend, Elder.” Dongwook invited.

“Really?” Gwi asked. “I’ll think about it.” And then he gestured the two to leave.

“I find them very suspicious for agreeing to marry my daughter so easily.” Prime Minister commented.

“Look here, Prime Minister.” Gwi said. “How many kings had submitted to me? Can you tell me?”

“I apologize, Elder. However…”

“They said there would be a banquet. I don’t see why am I not going.” Gwi said, his lips.

“Elder, I have brought someone here to see you.” Prime Minister Im told the vampire.

“Bring the person in.” Gwi said and then the guard brought the Defense Minister forward to Gwi.

The Defense Minister knelt and bowed at Gwi in fear. “Elder.”

“He is the one who sold Oh Sehyun to Kim Jaejoong.” Prime Minister Im told Gwi.

“Right…” Gwi nodded. “He came to buy out the Lustful Scholar’s granddaughter.”

“Elder… I only knew him as a merchant from China.”

“According to him, Kim Jaejoong often visits Hwayang-Gak. Also, I know that is also a place where the Crown Prince visited frequently while he lived outside of the palace. I have already sent someone to follow the Crown Prince in case he would go and meet Kim Jaejoong there. But he ws killed by someone.” The Prime Minister reported.

“Then does Kim Jaejoong possess Crown Prince Yunho’s diary?” Gwi asked.

“Before Oh Byunheun died, he said he gave it to someone and this bothers me. Hyunjo and the Crown Prince are acting like they are submitting to you but in actual fact; they might be looking for a chance to harm you with the diary in their hands. So are you going to stay put and not take any action?”

“What do you think, defense minister?” Gwi walked up to the man.

“I think so too.”

Without any warning, Gwi slit the man’s throat with a dagger. “Kim Jaejoong, so you loves visiting Hwayang-Gak huh?”

---

“The Crown Prince seems to know that Sehyun is Seoeun.” Jaejoong told BoA.

“But why did she look like she know nothing about it?” BoA asked.

“She might have lost her memories about her childhood after that attack.” Jaejoong lied. “Anyway the hunter seems to have mistaken me as the one who turned Scholar Seo Kang Joon. Also, he must have thought that I had kidnapped Sehyun and brought her here.”

“I think it would be better to clear up the misunderstanding since it was Gwi who turned Scholar Seo instead of you. In this way, the problem with Seoeun would be resolved too.”

Jaejoong nodded.

“Aren’t you afraid that Sehyun might find out about your identity?”

“A dream will always come to an end in a way.”

While the two were talking Faye was sneaking around outside Jaejoong’s room when Junsu caught her sneaky act. “What are you doing here?”

Faye smiled and rubbed her neck with an awkward blush. Junsu signaled the girl to follow him and the two went to the kitchen to eat. “What is their relationship to have such late night conversation?” Faye asked while peeling the orange.

A cheeky smile appeared on Junsu’ face but it disappeared quickly. “They are just inseparable.” Junsu began.

Faye looked up at the man with widened eyes.

“Look at this. A man and a woman… in the same room… late at night... Do you think they will only talk?”

Faye went frozen at his reply and dropped her orange.

“Aye!” Junsu hit her hand lightly. “It’s a joke! I’m just joking.”

Faye let out a sneer.

“BoA is loyal to master ever since master saved her life. It’s not the kind of relationship that you are thinking about. Understand?”

“Haha…” Faye let out an awkward laugh.

---

Jaejoong was reading in his library when Faye tried to sneak a peek at him. When Jaejoong looked up, Faye quickly hid behind the shelf. A smirk crept across his face when he spotted her.

When Faye tried to peek at him for the second time, she realized the table was missing and Jaejoong was nowhere in sight.

Faye went agape and walked towards the table until she spotted a shadow next to her. She turned to the shadow and got a shock to see Jaejoong standing next to her.

“What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked, inching closer to her.

“Nothing.” Faye answered, backing away from him.

“Are you spying on me?”

“No. Ahh!” Faye hit a step and was about to fall backwards when Jaejoong came forward to catch her in his arm.

The two stayed in the position and stared at one another for some time before Jaejoong broke the silence. “What? Do you have something to tell me?”

“You are such a mysterious man and I don’t know a lot of things about you.” Faye finally answered.

“What is it about me that you are curious about?”

“Hmmm…” Faye pondered. “Do you have a family?”

Jaejoong brought her up to her feet and withdrew his arm from her. “They died for a reason that I don’t want to tell and this happened a long time ago.”

“Didn’t you have a lover?”

“Yes, I did. However, she left this world because of me. That was also the past.”

“It has been very painful.”

“Yes, that’s what I thought I would be until the day I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter