Chapter 25

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jaejoong was meeting with the rebels when he shared his plan with them. “While I am in the underground lair to fight Gwi, I want you to blow that place away.” Jaejoong gathered his rebels to share his plan with them. “I…will go together with Gwi.”

The rebels turned to look at him in shock.

“We will move the explosives tomorrow while the people are protesting. However I do not want to see any of them get hurt so everything must end before the sun sets and Gwi becomes active. If this plan were to fail, I want all of you to get out of the palace immediately and save the people. And then you will go to his majesty to plan for the future.”

The rebels nodded in understanding.

“Gwi, tomorrow shall be the last day for you on earth.” Jaejoong muttered.

On the other side, Gwi was sitting on the throne with countless of dead bodies surrounding him and he was covered with their blood.

As if sensing something bad was coming for him, he looked up to the door with a smirk. “Come and kill me, Kim Jaejoong! I will give you a present of indefinite darkness!”

After leaving the palace, Prime Minister Im hurried to a safer place and stopped there, thinking about the earlier scene he saw. “Crazy bastard!” He muttered. “I hope you meet your end soon!”

---

After departing with Jaejoong, Faye didn’t sit back to wait for the result. She changed into the man’s hanbok and tucked a dagger inside her sleeve. BoA caught her her before she went out of the house. “Where do you think you are going?”

Faye stopped in her track and looked at the older woman. “I need to do what I supposed to do. BoA, I don’t belong here.”

“What do you mean?” BoA frowned.

“I am not Oh Sehyun or Seoeun. My name is Faye Shim Hyerin and I come from 2015. I don’t belong to this era and I suspect the reason for me to travel back to this era is because the real Oh Sehyun is no longer here. She might be dead so my soul traveled back in time and enter her body.”

“Stop!” BoA held her hand out to stop Faye from talking further. “Did you hit your head somehow?”

Faye shook her head. “I know you won’t be able to believe me but my blood is the only thing that keep Jaejoong from dying so I have to try.”

“Do you not know that it’s dangerous? You will die as well?”

Faye smiled. “I’m probably dead at the time where I came from so what difference will it make.”

“But master…”

“He will be sad but at least he is still alive. Don’t persuade me anymore.”

Just then Yoona’s spy came and interrupted their conversation. “I am here to see his majesty.”

“You can’t see him now.” BoA said firmly.

“This is urgent! Gwi created a blood bath in the palace last night.” The two women widened their eyes in shocks.

Dongwook came out of the back room only to see Junsu dozing off in the room. He was about to walk away when Junsu woke up suddenly. “Your majesty! You came out!”

“Where is Jaejoong?” Dongwook asked.

“Errr… He… He went to discuss something with the Black Robe Brigade.” Junsu replied with a stammer.

“Did he go to the uprising himself?” Dongwook questioned.

“No no no!” Junsu shook his head.

Dongwook ignored him and walked away but Junsu ran forward to block him from leaving. “No, your majesty! Master had instructed me to protect you at all costs. You mustn’t leave!”

“I have already said I’m not the king anymore.”

“What are you saying, your majesty? If master were to defeat Gwi, you have to be around to lead this country! You can’t leave!”

“If so, this is an order. Get out of my way!” Dongwook ordered.

Junsu dropped to his knees. “Your majesty, if you insist to leave, you have to kill me first! It’s my job to keep you out of danger and if you insist of leaving, you have to kill me! Do you think I want to stay here to stop you from leaving? I wanted to fight with master!”

“It’s not that I don’t understand your feelings, but…”

“It’s master’s last request.” Junsu cried.

“Your majesty!” BoA came into the room and interrupted the two men.

Dongwook looked up and was surprised to see Yoona’s spy with BoA and Faye. He was even more surprised when he saw Faye in man’s hanbok again.

“Your majesty, Gwi had created a blood bath in the palace last night.” The spy reported. “Palace maid Hong told me about it.”

“I need to go to the palace immediately.”

“I’ll go with you too.” Faye joined in.

“No!” Dongwook stared back at her angrily. “You stay here!”

“Shut up!” Faye shouted back angrily. “Don’t tell me what to do! I say I am going mean I am going. That’s it!”

“Okay! I will let you go with me but don’t even think of dying. I don’t want to lose either one of you!”

Faye smiled and patted his shoulder. “You will still lose me eventually.”

“But…”

Faye cut Dongwook off before he could continue. “No more but! If you treat me as your friend, just listen to me for once. Please.”

Dongwook let out a sigh and nodded his head.

“I want to go too!” Junsu interjected.

“Junsu!” BoA stared back at him in astonishment.

“BoA-ah, I’m already in trouble for letting them go so I might as well join in the fight. I promise I will come back by sundown with everyone safe and sound.”

---

The Prime Minister was packing his stuffs to flee to China before things got worse in the palace. One of his servants came up to him and opened his chest before him. “Master.”

“Is this what I have left?” Prime Minister Im asked.

“Yes, Master.”

“I left the palace in a hurry and I left something back there. I shall go back to take it. We must be ready to leave when I come back. Understand?”

“Yes, master.”

Jaejoong and the Black Robe Brigade were watching the scholars lead the citizens to protest outside the palace gate at the side. Once they got their chance, they broke their way through the smaller entrance.

“There isn’t a single soul here.” One of the men from the Black Robe Brigade said.

“Let’s go to the underground lair.” Jaejoong told them and then they made their way to the place when Jaejoong tried to sense for Gwi’s presence but to no avail. “I can’t seem to sense him.”

“Isn’t that good? We can make use of this chance to plant the explosives.”

Jaejoong shook his head. “No. Don’t you think it’s strange that there isn’t anybody protecting the palace? I will go inside and check so while I am away, go check the surroundings.”

Jaejoong ran into the lair and found it empty. Sitting on the throne was a drawing of Yoona, soaked in blood. Just then he sensed someone coming close. “Damn it! It’s a trap!” Jaejoong thought and turned around to see vampire guards walking out from the shadow, closing in on him.

Outside the palace, the protest continued when Prime Minister Im walked by. “Isn’t that the Prime Minister?”

“What?” Prime Minister Im turned around to stare at the scholars angrily.

“Everyone knows that you are the one who accepted Gwi as your king! You are a lapdog!”

“Outrageous! Do you really think you scholars are very noble? Guards, arrest them all!”

“What? You bastard!” And then Prime Minister Im sauntered into the palace.

“Stop!” Dongwook arrived before the guards could even arrest any of the people. “Do you know the situation inside the palace?”

“What do you mean?” The chief guard asked.

“Don’t you find it strange that no one come to relieve you from your duty?” Dongwook asked and all the guards widened their eyes, looking at one another. “While you all were guarding the palace, Gwi had already turned the entire palace into a vampire nest. We are trying to go inside to kill Gwi. If you are going to accept and protect a person who harms his people as your king, then you are no difference from him.”

‘Yeah! He’s right!” The people echoed.

“Open the door.” Dongwook said. “Every minute counts. Everything will turn when the sun is down.”

“Open the door quickly!” The people chimed in. “Let’s all go to the palace with his majesty!”

“Yeah! Open the door! Open the door!”

“Hurry!” Dongwook pled.

The chief guard hesitated for a while before he instructed his men to open the door.

Dongwook and gang walked in but stopped in his track after a few steps. He turned to face his people. “Since the palace is too dangerous, I want all of you to stay here. If we didn’t return when the sun set, anyone trying to come out from the palace is definitely a vampire. I need all of you to torch the entire palace down.”

“Your majesty!” Junsu gasped.

“This is the only way to stop all the vampires.” Dongwook said.

The people bowed down at Dongwook and then the four went into the palace.

Inside, the Prime Minister rushed into his study chamber to collect his valuables when Gwi emerged from the shadow and caught him in the act. “Are you trying to take all these away for good?”

Prime Minister Im dropped his stuffs and stumbled a few steps back. “That… that’s not what you think. The people have created a rebellion outside of the palace so I came here to report to you…”

“Is that so?” Gwi asked with a raised brow.

“Why are you here and not at the underground lair?”

“You said that you are here to report to me so why did you come here and not there?”

“I…I… I…”

“Your must have thought that I wouldn’t be out in the daylight.”

Prime Minister Im’s mouth dropped open at Gwi’s reply.

“There’s someone who sometimes forgets his place and tries to light fire in a lion’s den.”

“It’s my job to get rid of these people.”

“It’s okay. Even though I may not be able to go through the decrees without you, I can still kill a person myself. I spared your life and let you go, thinking that you aren’t worth killing. But you chose to crawl back in on your own out of greed.” Gwi mused.

“That… That’s not it…”

“Take it all.” Gwi smiled, walking towards the Prime Minister. “Take them all to the underworld.” With that his hand went through the man’s body, killing him instantly.

“GRRRR…” Prime Minister Im let out a gasp and his body went lip, falling to the ground.

Gwi looked down at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter