Chapter 2

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day Jaejoong accompanied Yunho to the forest that Yunho had requested him to do. As they walked through the forest, Jaejoong sensed an ominous presence around them.

A black shadow flashed past the trees and Jaejoong drew his sword to fight this shadow but everytime he struck, the sword just went through the black smoke.

The man in black flew through the air, darting around tauntingly as if he was trying to mock at Jaejoong for his unsuccessful attack. Judging from the speed that man moved, Jaejoong knew that this man was no way he could be a human.

Jaejoong closed his eyes to sharpen his senses, and when the mysterious man flew towards him again, he struck swiftly and got the man this time round. But when he opened his eyes, he saw the cut on the man’s cheek healed before his very own eyes.

“What is he?” Jaejoong thought.

“Is that how we should meet?” The man asked aloud.

Jaejoong turned back to pull Yunho away. The duo ran as fast as they could away from the man but he just appeared right in their path from the opposite side.

“Jeonha, run! I’ll hold him off!” Jaejoong pushed Yunho away as he went to face the man himself.

Yunho didn’t move. He looked up at Jaejoong with his calmest look ever. “He is the help that we are looking for.”

---

In a dark cavern, dead royal soldiers were hanging upside-down from the ceiling with all their throats were silted and their blood were dripping down into a bowl.

Gwi was sitting on his throne and there was a eunuch attending to him, handing him the bowl with blood.

Before him stood the nervous king, Gwi looked up at the king and sighed. “It appears that your son has no intention in serving me. If he insist on his decision, then don’t blame me for drinking him dry.”

“Please…” The king trembled. “Please give him more time. I am sure he will come around.”

“Let me remind you. It was your father who came to me in order to build this Goryeo Dynasty and he was the one who promised to have his descendants to serve me forever as repayment.” Gwi paused. “I made this nation! Those who refuse to serve me shall die!”

---

Sitting in the middle of the forest was a wooden house. Yunho and Jaejoong were in the house and the man in black was also in the house with him.

“My name is Jisung.” The man introduced. “Gwi is behind the recent deaths of the concubines.”

“Who is Gwi? And why does he have to kill the concubines?” Jaejoong asked.

“Gwi is a vampire living somewhere within the palace.” Yunho replied.

“So your novel is true…” Jaejoong turned to look at his friend.

Yunho nodded.

“Why does he have to kill the concubines?” Jaejoong asked again.

“This is something he does once in a while when a successor to the throne has yet to be named and in order to declare his demand for obedience, he will kill the king’s women in front of the king’s eyes.” Jisung explained.

“Are you a vampire as well?” Jaejoong said.

“Yes, I am but not the same as Gwi.”

“What do you mean?” Jaejoong looked confusingly at the man.

“I am the guardian of the vampire race and I will punish those who break the rule. But I cannot put Gwi away without cooperation from the humans and as long as the king continues serving Gwi, it’s impossible for me to do anything.”

“Yes.” Yunho continued. “We have been working on a secret plan for the past 20 years to defeat Gwi.”

“The lunar eclipse in two days time will weaken Gwi’s power and it’s time for the two of you to head back to enact the plan,” said Jisung.

---

As the two headed out of the wooden house, Yunho stopped to turn to look at his friend. “Jaejoong-ah, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have thrown this on you when you are preparing for your wedding in a few days time.”

Jaejoong stopped and looked up at his friend. “When I was nine years old, a boy came to me and told me this. ‘Jaejoong-ah, I want to create a world of hope for my people. Will you do it with me?’ I wonder if the boy still remembered what he said to me.”

Yunho smiled and put one hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder, nodding his head. “I have written down the plan to defeat Gwi in my diary, and it something were to happen to me, you will receive the diary and you must carry on the mission for me.”

“That will never happen!” Jaejoong replied fiercely. “I will put my life on the line to protect you no matter what happen.”

But little did they know that someone was there, listening to their conversation. That person was none the other than, Gwi.

Right after the two left, Gwi went into the wooden house and Jisung looked up calmly at the intruder. “Long time no see, Hyunjoong-ah?”

“Seosaeng-nim, long time no see and by the way I’m no longer the Kim Hyunjoong you know. Didn’t you call me Gwi as well?” Gwi replied with a creepy smile and he charged forward to grab his teacher by the neck.  “I thought I had killed you long time ago. Why are you still here?”

“Hyunjoong, you should stop! The human world is not for you. The humans are not as weak as you think.”

“SHUT UP!” Gwi grabbed Jisung’s right arm and ripped it off from his body. “You talk too much!”

“AHHHHHH!” Jisung screamed painfully.

“Sorry to tell you this but I intend to live in the human world forever.” He smiled and pulled out a special dagger from Jisung’s back and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter