Chapter 6

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was shining brightly in the sky and Faye was squatting by the riverbank, staring at her reflection and thinking about her encounter in Jaejoong’s room.

**Flashback**

“Find the Lustful Scholar. I want to know who is he and where is he.”

“What?” Faye stared back with widened eyes.

“Why?” Jaejoong stared back at her.

“You cannot enter this room” BoA stood outside Jaejoong’s room and warned the guard. “You cannot disturb the guest inside. He is an important guest. Are you able to bear the consequence of opening the door before me?”

“Are you going to do it or not?” Jaejoong asked again.

“Yes, we came to see this important guest.” The guard replied.

Before Faye could reply Jaejoong’s request, he picked her up in his arms and carried her to the bed.

He hovered on top of her and untied his robe.

She averted her gaze nervously as Jaejoong inched closer to her. Jaejoong turned her face to look at him as he leant closer like he was going to kiss her…

**End of Flashback**

“Ehhh… What scholar is he? He’s more like a playboy to me! Thank goodness he isn’t from the 21st century! If not, many girls would have died in his hand.” Faye scoffed, clenching her fist and punching it continuously into the water. “SUN-BAE-NIM! HMPH! You are more like playboy-nim! Muahahahahaha!” Faye laughed and skipped off into the forest, oblivious that someone was actually following her.

---

“They must have powerful backing behind them” Junsu said as he placed tiny flags on the map on the table. “They distributed flyers in all eight provinces last night.”

“What about BoA?”

“She went to Hwa Sung to verify the paper factory.”

Jaejoong nodded.

“Oh! And this.” Junsu handed him a pile of books. “This was what the bookseller left behind two days ago in the dresser.”

Jaejoong went on to unwrap the books from the cloth.

“Master, how about changing another bookseller? That man behaves very weirdly to me. I really don’t know how to describe his weirdness.”

Jaejoong’s eyes went wide when he saw the first book on the pile.

“Oh! It’s the original copy of the vampire novel by the Lustful Scholar!” Junsu gasped.

“This was written to expose the secret of Gwi living in the palace,” said Jaejoong. “65 years ago, all the books were believed to be burnt and not even one book survived…”

---

“Damn it! Why is his house so difficult to find?” Faye cursed as she made her way through the dark forest, searching for Jaejoong’s house.

As she walked along the quiet path, she felt like someone has been following her. She turned around to see no one behind her, but just when she turned back, a ghostly looking girl appeared in front of her.

Faye frowned and stopped in her track, watching warily at the girl in front of her. “Hey there.” She greeted but the girl showed no response to her.

“Yah! Doesn’t your mother teach you to reply when people greeted you!” Faye shouted.

The girl looked up with her glowing red eyes and bared her fangs at Faye, charging right for her.

“Woohoo! Vampire ehhhh?” Faye squealed excitedly.

She has forgotten to run for her life until the girl appeared before her and grabbed her by the neck.

“YAH!” Faye was choked and she tried to kick the vampire girl but it didn’t seem to have any effect on her. The girl let out a hiss and threw Faye to a tree.

“Damn it!” Faye cursed as she fell back to the ground watched the girl zoomed towards her. Just when the vampire girl was about to bite down her neck when Jaejoong flew down from the sky, throwing the vampire girl away from Faye.

Somewhere at the palace, Gwi was standing on the rooftop.

He could sense what was happening in the forest and smiled. “Kim Jaejoong, you have finally taken my bait.” With that he leapt off from the rooftop and made his way to the forest.

Faye was panting on the ground while the vampire girl was staring at her hungrily. Jaejoong turned back to look at her.

“You are not human too? You are a vampire right?” Faye whimpered, trying very hard to keep herself awake before she passed out completely.

At the same time, Gwi had also arrived at the forest. “Now Kim Jaejoong! Where exactly are you?” Gwi sniffed the air with his eyes closed and stopped at a particular direction before he sped off again.

Jaejoong turned to look at the vampire girl. “Since you have chosen her as your prey, you would continue to follow her until you drink her blood. That’s our nature as vampires.”

The vampire girl then rushed forward, wanting to attack Jaejoong but got caught by him instead. He grabbed her neck and pinned her back down to the ground, drawing the hawthorn dagger which he had gotten from Jisung; Jaejoong held it up under the full moon before he stabbed it through the heart of the vampire girl. And then she turned into a pile of dust before his eyes.

Jaejoong then turned to the unconscious Faye, wondering. “How did you get Yunho’s vampire novel? Shouldn’t it be eradicated from the Earth 65 years ago? Who exactly are you?”

On the other hand, Gwi was rushing his way to the scene at his fastest speed but Jaejoong had already carried Faye away from the scene before Gwi arrived.

Gwi saw the pile of ash and clothes on the ground. “Kim Jaejoong, you are still the same old Kim Jaejoong. Aren’t you?” Gwi muttered and then he saw the blood on a nearby tree.

The taste of the blood made his eyes flashed red. “With such appetizing prey, I can’t find a reason why should I let him enjoy it alone.” With that Gwi took off in hot pursuit.

Jaejoong stopped running for a moment, wanting to check the surrounding when he smelled Faye’ blood. Immediately his eyes flashed red and Jaejoong has to battle his bloodthirsty instinct when a drop of blood fell to the ground.

He almost lost control until he sensed Gwi’s presence nearby. Jaejoong ran for some distance before he stopped again, looking at the blood trail behind him. “He is tracking us down because of the trail of her blood.”

Jaejoong zoomed off to another area and put Faye down by the tree. He took out his hawthorn dagger and stabbed her in the shoulder.

Faye shot up and let out a gasp before she went unconscious again.

Gwi was closing in on them and as he arrived at the spot mere moments after Jaejoong. “What is this? Don’t tell me you are already done with the prey?” Gwi said, closing his eyes to sniff for the blood and zoomed off after that.

But the trail had him circling the same spot when he saw a wild dog with blood dripping from its body. He ran off again and stopped when he saw a rabbit; he grabbed it by the ears and sniffed its fur that was dripping with blood. “Kim Jaejoong! How dare you!” Gwi bellowed in anger and threw the rabbit aside, resuming his chase after Jaejoong.

Jaejoong finally made it to a waterfall and stopped by the cliff, checking on the unconscious Faye. “For a little bit more…please endure for a little more.” He told Faye and then he took a running leap off the cliff.

“ARGHHHHH!”

SPLASH!

They both landed deep into the water below.

At the same time a half-conscious Faye struggled to breathe in the water. “Omma! Appa! Changmin-ah! Kibum-ah! I can’t breathe! Help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter