Chapter 22

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re finally here! Kim Jaejoong!” Gwi smiled and grabbed Faye by the neck, moving her to the front. “Did you know that this girl is the secret plan to kill me?”

“Step aside!” Jaejoong told BoA.

“So you are also working together with him to kill me?” Gwi turned to look at BoA angrily.

“She has nothing to do with our fight, release her immediately!” Jaejoong demanded.

“Why should I when I already now that this child is the secret plan? With just one simple movement, I can easily kill her with one hand.” With that he pulled Faye closer to him and ripped her clothes, piercing his fingernail into the scar on her shoulder.

“ARGHHHHH!” Faye screamed.

“How is it?” Gwi asked. “Is your lover’s blood driving you crazy?”

Jaejoong stared angrily at Gwi.

“I thought I had killed all of you. Little did I expect that someone of my bloodline is still alive. But it must be very disappointing to you since I had already drank so much of their blood and I am still alive. Do you really believe that I will die even if I drink her blood?”

Gwi smirked and lowered his lips closer to Faye’s exposed neck.

“NO!” Jaejoong roared and darted in to stop Gwi.

Gwi released Faye and threw her to Jaejoong. Jaejoong caught hold of her and handed her to BoA. He then put himself in front of the ladies.

---

Outside Gwi’s lair, Gong Yoo died in Dongwook’s arms after stabbing himself with the hawthorn dagger. Advisor Gong was also lying at the side with his life sipping away slowly. Dongwook pulled the dagger out of Gong Yoo and made his way to Advisor Gong. “I’m sorry, Advisor Gong.” Dongwook apologized. “I’m sorry, Gong Yoo hyung!” And then he stabbed the dagger into Advisor Gong’s heart.

Just then a guard came. “Your majesty! The Prime Minister is coming this way with his troops.”

“Hide these bodies first. Gather those who are still willing to work for him, try to gather as many as you can.” Dongwook ordered.

“Yes.”

Moments later, the Prime Minister arrived with his troops and found Dongwook standing alone outside of Gwi’s lair.

“How can I help you?” Dongwook asked when he saw the older man walking up to him.

“What are you doing here, your majesty?”

“I came back from the temple, and the palace seems to be in chaos so I came out to see.”

“The criminal, Kim Jaejoong, has gotten into the palace.” Prime Minister Im replied.

“What?”

“Do you really not know?”

Dongwook tightened his grip on the dagger.

---

“Does it seem like I will let you off so easily? I want to watch you kill this child yourself. Or should I kill her in front of you?” Gwi taunted. “I have a lot of thoughts going in my mind. So tell me what should I do.”

“Shut up!” Jaejoong growled and engaged in a fight with Gwi. But Gwi noticed that Jaejoong wasn’t as powerful as he was the last time.

“Why didn’t you drink her? Are you going to disappoint me like this when I’ve waited so long for this day?” Gwi asked and started beating Jaejoong repeatedly until he fell to the ground, gurgling blood.

Faye rushed to Jaejoong’s side immediately, holding him in her arms. “Kim Jaejoong! Wake up!” She cried.

‘It looks like he hasn’t been drinking human blood for a long while.” Gwi sneered. “What’s so good about having a human heart? It just makes you weak!”

Faye was alarmed to hear that. Without any hesitation, she her blood from the wound on her shoulder and fed it into Jaejoong’s mouth.

“The love between a human and a vampire will always end with blood.” Gwi laughed.

Seconds later, the blood took its effect and revived Jaejoong. But he started to shake violently in Faye’s arms until he rolled himself away from her. His convulsion was particularly violent this time until his eyes flashed blue and let out a beastly roar.

“I shall grant your wish tonight! Both of you will die!” Gwi hollered and charged towards Jaejoong.

Jaejoong flipped back up to his feet and grabbed hold of Gwi’s hand with a smirk. Gwi was shocked to see the sudden increase in jaejoong’s strength and was struggling to get loose from Jaejoong’s grasp.

BoA quickly went over to Faye’s side. “What’s going on? This is the first time seeing those blue eyes.” Faye muttered.

“He’s not the scholar you know. Let’s get out of here first!” BoA urged.

At the same time, Jaejoong slammed Gwi to the wall and the latter dropped to the ground like a fallen leave. Jaejoong let out a sneer before roaring like a wild best.

While Dongwook and Prime Minister Im were having a standoff, the ladies made it out and Dongwook ran over to Faye immediately. “Are you hurt?”

“Your majesty…” Faye called out.

“Capture that girl!” Prime Minister Im ordered and the guards ran over to surround Faye and BoA.

“Stop!” Dongwook shouted back.

“What are you doing?” This is the palace!”

“I will not let anybody get hurt in my palace!” Dongwook retorted.

“So are you disobeying the Elder?” Prime Minister Im smirked.

“I am the king of this country. Are you trying to rebel against the king?”

“Hahahahahaha!” Prime Minister Im laughed. “Take them!”

The guards drew their swords. “What do you think that you are doing?” Dongwook stepped forward.

“To whoever that catches the girl, I will give you a big reward and a high position.” Prime Minister Im offered.

“Do you really think you are able to keep your lives after pointing your sword at the king?” Dongwook asked.

“Unless you are trying to hold onto the position of a puppet king, you have already wasted that chance yourself.” Prime Minister Im turned to the guards. “What are you still standing there? Take them away!”

Ignoring Dongwook’s warning, the guards charged towards Dongwook and he soon found himself fending off the royal guards.

“I don’t want to kill my subjects with my own hands.” Dongwook hollered, holding the snatched sword in his hand.

“Wake up! No one here is your subject!”

---

Inside the lair, the fight raged on. Gwi’s blows didn’t seem to have any effect on Jaejoong, who could strike him with power that could shake the entire cave.

“Why? Why aren’t you patronizing me like in the past?” Jaejoong sneered.

“What are you talking?” Gwi spat.

“Or… were you only talking all all the time?” And then Jaejoong began to attack Gwi.

Up above the lair, Dongwook tried his best to fend off the guards until his own men came to their rescue. “My men and I will buy you some time. Run as fast as possible.” He then turned to Faye. “Seoeun-ah, I’m sorry. If we were to meet again, I would definitely apologize to you properly. If you could accept me, we could be friends again.”

“Your majesty…”

“ them until they are totally out of the palace.” Dongwook ordered.

“Yes.”

“Get out of the capital as quickly as possible.” Dongwook told BoA.

BoA came forward and whispered to Dongwook. “Beware of the queen. She is the follower of Gwi. Please be careful”

“Get out quick!”

Just then the doors to the lair opened, Jaejoong walked out, looking dangerous and wild. When BoA saw the look on Jaejoong’s face, she quickly dragged Faye away before Jaejoong saw her.

Inside the lair, Gwi struggled to get back to his feet when he spewed blood out of his mouth. “KIM JAEJOONG!” He roared in fury.

Too injured to chase after Jaejoong, Gwi wiped the blood off his mouth and stared down at his bloodstained hand. “Matrilineal blood and the guardian vampire…” Gwi muttered and then he started laughing maniacally.

Up above the lair, Prime Minister Im was shocked to Jaejoong walking out of the lair. “Kim…Kim Jaejoong! Catch him!”

The guards attacked but Jaejoong was impervious against their swords.

“Your majesty, let’s escape from here first.” Dongwook’s guard told him and the latter gave him a nod before running away from the scene.

Once all the guards were defeated, Jaejoong stopped and turned to look at Prime Minister Im. The man stood by the well and stared back at the vampire with a frightened look. Jaejoong shot him a smirk and zoomed off in a flash.

Once Jaejoong left, Prime Minister Im quickly ran off to Gwi’s lair. “Are you alright?” He asked the vampire.

“How about Kim Jaejoong?” Gwi asked back.

“Kim Jaejoong escaped. It seemed like the Lustful Scholar’s granddaughter has also gotten out of the palace with BoA.”

Gwi slumped back to his throne.

“The king helped them with their escape.”

“Is that so?”

“Capture the king who had blatantly committed a treason. Punish him severely and remove him from his position.”

Gwi nodded and waved the Prime Minister off.

“I’ll send a messenger quickly and make sure the criminals can’t escape the capital.” Prime Minister Im bowed and retreated out of the lair.

---

With BoA’s warning ringing in his ear, Dongwook couldn’t help but to eye Yoona with doubt when he returned back to his chamber.

“Your majesty, are you alright?” Yoona’s voice snapped him back to his senses.

“Listen carefully, my queen.”

Yoona looked worriedly at her husband.

“I might get abdicated from the king’s position. I wanted to be a stronger king. I wanted to protect my people and I wanted to protect you.”

Yoona held his hand in hers. “You can do that.”

“I’m sorry.” Dongwook looked away.

“Why are you apologizing? Why?”

Before Dongwook could answer, the guards arrived and Dongwook blocked his wife in a protective gesture.

---

Junsu was lurking around a guard checkpoint when he went up to approach one of the guards on duty. “Sir, why is the security so tight? Did something happen inside the capital?”

“The king is in big trouble. The vampire that lives in the palace ran out.”

“The…the vampire who lives in the palace?”

The guard looked suspiciously at Junsu when the latter let out an awkward cough. “So this is to catch that vampire?”

“Ehhh… Do you think it’s so easy to catch a vampire? There’s actually an order to capture the Lustful Scholar’s granddaughter, Oh Sehyun.” The guard showed Junsu the portrait.

“Oh…Oh Sehyun?” Junsu gasped.

“Do you know her?”

“Aigoo! She looks so gentle so how can she commit a crime?” Junsu laughed. “Look at me! I should be heading back to work. Work hard!” Junsu waved and ran off quickly.

The ladies managed to escape and arrive at a secluded area within the marketplace. “Shouldn’t we go look for Jaejoong?” Faye asked.

“We need to find a place to hide first. The guards are probably already at Hwayang-Gak.” BoA poked her head out to see the guards going around to search for them.

Once the coast was clear, she led Faye out and bumped into Ilkook and his new minions. “Seosaeng-nim.” Faye called.

“Follow me.” Ilkook said and left the ladies to a house before they got spotted.

Sitting inside the house, Faye introduced Ilkook to BoA. “Song Ilkook seosaeng-nim is a friend of Scholar Seo. He was also the teacher of the king and Seoeun.”

Both BoA and Ilkook stared questionably at Faye. “What are you talking about?” Ilkook asked.

Faye let out a sigh. “It’s a long story. I think we should look for Jaejoong first.”

“Where is he?” Ilkook asked.

“We have no idea where is he too. He fought Gwi in the underground palace and when Sehyun gave her blood to him, he turned into a different person.”

“Different? In what way?” Ilkook probed.

“He showed strength that he never had before.” BoA answered.

“He didn’t seem to recognize me as well.” Faye added. “His eyes are blue and this isn’t my first time feeding him my blood.”

“What do you mean?” BoA grabbed her hand and stared back at her with widened eyes.

“Remember the time when he was got an arrow injury? I fed him one drop of my blood and he regained his consciousness. The second time would be the time when he tried to fight Gwi in the woods. He got injured as well and that was the second time I fed him with my blood. Just one drop and he regained his consciousness instantly.”

I think this has something to do with you being the secret plan.” BoA muttered.

“I have Gwi’s blood running in me so if Jaejoong were to take my blood, he would become stronger and he would be able to fight Gwi! But he will lose his human heart in him!”

Ilkook nodded and let out a sigh. “What happened to Gwi?”

“I don’t know if Gwi is still alive. But if this were to stay this way, I’m afraid master would not be able escape his current state and something severe might happen.”

“I will go out to look for him.” Faye suggested.

“Not right now.” BoA said.

“But it’s because of me then he became this.”

“He may become like this because of you but you have to know that you are also the only who can stop him. If we were to lose you now, master might never be able to return to his usual state.”

“For now, rest here.” Ilkook told the two ladies. “I’ll try to find a way to get out of the capital.”

---

The Prime Minister has Dongwook and Yoona captured.

“Do you think you will still be safe even after doing this?” Dongwook asked when he was brought to the Prime Minister.

“Who are you to sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter