Chapter 16

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“If you have the will to get rid of Gwi, come to Hwayang-Gak to look for me and then I will hand over this diary.”

In the palace, Dongwook was mulling over Jaejoong’s instruction to find him at the gibang if he wanted Prince Yunho’s diary.

“You should prepare to hand your throne to the Crown Prince, don’t you think so?” Gwi told the king while he was in his underground lair.

“It hasn’t been that long since the Crown Prince came back to the palace so let’s give him more time.”

“No. I want to see if the Crown Prince has what it takes to be the king. If he is ready to serve me, he shall marry the girl I chose. The new queen will be the Prime Minister’s daughter.”

The king’s eyes went wide.

---

Jaejoong brought Faye to a lake. “This is a place where the souls wander because they are held back by the concern over their loved ones.” Jaejoong said. “Although you are not the real granddaughter of Oh Byunheun, he may also roam around this place because of you.”

Faye started to sob.

“Look at the land that you are standing on, the wind that is blowing at you and the sun that is shining on you. These are the things that he risked his life for. Are you going to throw it away just like that?”

“That’s why he shouldn’t have risked it! I don’t freaking belong to this era! He doesn’t deserve to die like that!”

“I know it’s painful to continue living but you must do it. You must make his sacrificial worthwhile! There must be a reason for you to be here! Don’t you want to find out? Even if you want to die, shouldn’t you at least find out the reason why are you here before you die?”

“Harabeoji, thank you for taking care of me for the past weeks! Please rest in a better place! I will try to find your real granddaughter back to take care of Sehun! Goodbye!” Faye cried.

“Dana-ah, I will also send you on now!” Jaejoong said silently in his heart. “I am sorry. I thought I would only keep you in my heart for the rest of my life. But I have embraced another woman in my heart. The end will come one day but for now, I can’t ignore her. Please forgive me, Dana.”

It was nightfall when the duo was walking back home. Faye was wobbling unsteadily due to fatigue. Jaejoong stopped and squatted before her, offering her his back. “Get on.” Jaejoong said.

“It’s okay.”

Jaejoong turned around to look at her for a while before he nodded his head at her. Faye got onto his back shyly and he stood up, starting to walk again.

“Am I heavy?” Faye asked.

“No matter how heavy your body feels, it’s still not as heavy as your heart.”

Faye smiled at his reply and rested her head on his shoulder.

Junsu was holding a latern, waiting for Jaejoong to come back. And when he saw Jaejoong walking back, he ran to him immediately. “Master!”

Jaejoong signaled him to keep quiet and turned to look at Faye only to find her waking up from her sleep. “Can you get off now?” Jaejoong asked, slowly putting her down to the ground. “Follow me.” Jaejoong shot her a look and walked away.

“So this is the place where you live.” Faye muttered and followed after Jaejoong.

BoA came out from the shadow and began to follow them when Junsu held her back.

Jaejoong opened the door and led Faye into the room. “This is where you will stay from now onwards.”

“I can’t trouble you anymore.” Faye said. “I can go back…”

“Where else can you go?” Jaejoong said, looking at her. “Do you think you can go back to your old house? Or do you think you can go back to 2015 just like that?”

Faye went silent for a while before she spoke again. “I can find a place to stay.”

“With who persmission?”

“Huh?”

“As soon as you get better, you must work.”

“Work?”

“Did you forget your status now?” Jaejoong took an envelope out from his sleeve and showed it to Faye. “This is your slave document. It’s in my hand now so you cannot leave this place. So from today onwards, I am your master.”

Faye’s mouth dropped open in shock.

“Without my permission, you are not allowed to leave this place. You cannot be sad or hurt without my permission. Now that you belong to me, you cannot mistreat yourself or do anything to harm yourself. Do you understand?”

“My hands are used to draw and write! And you are asking me to do houseworks?” Faye pouted.

“Did I say that you would be doing housework? You could continue to write your story here. I am not going to stop you.” Jaejoong took out the book that Sehun had brought to him and handed it to Faye.

“How did you get this?”

“Sehun brought it to me and asked me to save you.”

Faye covered her face with her hands in embarrassment. Jaejoong smiled and pulled one of her hands down to pass her the book. “Now go and rest.” With that Jaejoong began to walk out of her room when Faye called out for him.

“Have you found Crown Prince Yunho’s diary that Grandfather Oh spoke about?”

Jaejoong nodded.

“It’s his last belonging. Can you show it to me?”

And then Jaejoong brought Faye to his library chamber to show her Yunho’s diary. “This is the diary that he risked his life to save.”

“How is it possible for him to keep this hidden for so long without getting caught?”

“This was probably to save you.”

“So this is the diary that contains the plan to kill that evil vampire, Gwi, in the palace?”

“Yes.” Jaejoong nodded. “He is the vampire that the Lustful Scholar has been talking about.”

“So you have been searching for this diary to kill Gwi? Are you sure you are able to kill him with this diary?” A frown appeared on Faye’s face.

Jaejoong kept quiet and stared back at her.

“Anyway I wish you all the best. I hope you can achieve your goal and avenge for those who had died because of Gwi.” Faye smiled and handed the diary back to him.

“Wait a minute.” Jaejoong called out to her just when she was about to get up and leave the library.

Faye sat back down and stared back at the man in front of her. Jaejoong opened the drawer and took a casing out, putting it on the table. “This brush case was with the diary.”

Faye held the box up and started examining it. “The case is beautiful.”

“This is probably linked to Oh Sehyun’s background.” Jaejoong told Faye.

“You think so? I remembered the current Crown Prince told me how precious this brush case was because there were only two of them in this world and he gave one to his best friend.”

“So you think the Crown Prince may know Oh Sehyun?”

Faye nodded. “Probably. But he said his best friend was a boy so would it be why I have to dress like a guy?”

“It’s late now. You should go and rest. We will talk about it tomorrow.”

Faye nodded and left the library. Once she left the library, Jaejoong went out to see BoA and Junsu. “Sehyun will be staying here for the time being. Her real father, Seo Kang Joon, died 10 years ago after being labeled a traitor for going against Gwi. Oh Byunheun adopted and raised her secretly. He became the fake Lustful Scholar and died a wrongful death.”

“So Gwi might be looking for her.” Junsu added. “So this place is the safest place ever.”

“Master.” BoA interrupted. “Have you ever wondered why would her real father raise her as a son?”

“Ehhh… There are families that will raise their daughters as sons until they finally give birth to one. Don’t they?” Junsu asked.

“That might be true but he was on an important mission to safekeep Prince Yunho’s diary, however we should try to see if there were other reasons.” Jaejoong said and then he looked at BoA. “Are there any messages from the Prince?”

“Not yet. Do you believe he will come for you?”

“He had lost many of his comrades while he was still the Lustful Scholar. It has been an easy task for him.” Jaejoong said as he flipped the page to the secret page where the three factors were written on it.

“Whether the Prince comes or not, you must find out about the mother’s relation.” BoA said.

“I should.” Jaejoong nodded.

Unable to sleep, Faye wandered into the library and marveled at the books inside. “The smell of books.” Faye muttered as she flipped through the books. “These are all history books. Does he even read romance manhwa? Do they even have manhwa in this era?” And she started fumbling the books.

“Take two steps to the right.” Faye let out a soft yelp and turned around to see Jaejoong walking towards her.

“I said take two steps to the right.” Jaejoong repeated.

Faye did what was told and took two steps to the right.

“There should be some romance novels in that shelf.” Faye went through the stack and found a romance novel among them. She looked back at Jaejoong with a smile.

“Why are you here?” Jaejoong asked.

“I couldn’t sleep.” Faye beamed. “So I was thinking of reading because it could help me with my sleep.”

“Really?”

“No because I don’t understand a single word in this era. Hahaha! Maybe I should continue to work on my novel.”

“Correct. Maybe I should do some reading too.” Jaejoong said and then he took a book and sat down at the side to start reading.

Faye took his table and sat down, starting drawing with the brush and ink on Jaejoong’s table. At time Faye would steal glances at his side profile and started dazing out until she found herself staring into his eyes. She snapped out of her trance and avoided Jaejoong’s eyes immediately, heading back to her drawing.

A while later, Jaejoong was still reading but Faye had already fallen asleep on the table. Jaejoong went closer and watched her sleep. She was smiling in her sleep and it seemed like she was having a pleasant dream. Carefully he picked her up and brought her back to her room, tucking her into her bed.

Just then Faye’s forehead started to crease. It seemed like her dream had turned distress as she began to fidget and break into cold sweat. Seconds later, she sprang up from her bed, panting and clasping on the scar on her shoulder.

“Did you have a nightmare?” Jaejoong asked.

“I dreamt of myself being a little boy and I was bitten by a vampire. You came and killed the vampire.” Faye told Jaejoong.

“It’s Oh Sehyun or should I say Seoeun.” Jaejoong began. “Her father was Seo Kang Joon and he was turned by Gwi. He bit his daughter and then I came to kill him.”

“And then?” Faye probed, grabbing Jaejoong’s sleeve.

“The rest was told by Oh Byunheun. He said I was the one who healed Oh Sehyun and that’s how she got that scar on the shoulder.”

“Holy !” Faye cursed. “How did I get that dream?”

“It’s probably you are in her body. That’s why.”

“Wow! Does it mean I am the reincarnation of Seoeun and this is why I time traveled back here?”

JaJaejoong shook his head. “I don’t know but what I know now is that you have to sleep.” Jaejoong put Faye back to bed, her hair gently until she fell asleep again.

The next day Faye was sweeping and cleaning the house despite Junsu’s continuous protests. “You should rest for a few more days!”

“It’s fine.” Faye shook her head with a smile. “I should probably train to do some housekeeping because I used to hate cleaning my own house.”

“Your own house?” Junsu looked at her with a raised brow.

“Yeah! I have a house! I live on my own!”

Junsu frowned at Faye’s reply. “Did you hit your head yesterday?”

“What’s going on here?” A voice spoke and the two turned to see Jaejoong walking out of the house.

“Master, look at her! She is mumbling some weird things about she has a house and lives on her own.”

“Let her be. Just watch over her.” Jaejoong said.

Junsu almost wanted to cry when he heard Jaejoong’s reply. It wasn’t too long before Junsu came running into Jaejoong’s room. “Master!”

“What is it?” Jaejoong looked up.

“Huge problem! The whole house became so chaotic!” Junsu cried and went to sit before Jaejoong. “I don’t know where did she get the courage to cook. The rice is burnt to the point where you can’t eat and the soup is… not something human can eat. Can I do all the housework from now on? And I am so scared of her… When she looked back at me with her bright eyes and smile, I can’t even get angry with her!”

Just then a knock was heard and the door slid open. Faye brought a tray of food in and put it in front of Jaejoong. “I tried my best to cook but this is all I can do.”

Jaejoong took the spoon and scooped a spoonful of rice to eat. Junsu’s eyes went wide and they went wider when he saw Jaejoong drinking the soup.

“How is it?” Faye asked with an eager look on her face.

“Our master is a gourmet person and he eats very little…”

“It’s good.” Jaejoong cut Junsu off before he could continue and the latter stared back at his master with an unbelievable look. “Have you been doing housework the whole day?”

Faye nodded. “Yes, there are a lot of things to do.”

“Don’t work too hard. Your hands are used to draw and write, and not to do these things.”

Faye smiled when she heard Jaejoong’s reply.

---

“Marriage?” Prime Minister Im turned to look at Yoona before turning back to Gwi. “I dare to say that I have never disobeyed your orders before.”

“And?” Gwi asked.

“I’m saying the Crown Prince and Yoona’s marriage is too soon. The Crown Prince seems to be obeying you now but he is getting ready for the future. Do you really believe that the Crown Prince is not related with the Lustful Scholar at all?”

Gwi looked back at the older man with an amused look.

“I have been looking evidence to prove that the Crown Prince is the Lustful Scholar…”

“The Lustful Scholar is already dead and he is Oh Byunheun. In order to save him, Kim Jaejoong made use of the concubine to enter the palace. Oh Byunheun said he gave the diary to someone and the chance that the diary might have landed in Kim Jaejoong’s hands. So what we should be looking for is not the Crown Prince but Kim Jaejoong…”

“What do you know?” Prime Minister Im countered. “Kim Jaejoong is helping the Crown Prince!”

“Ahem!” Gwi cleared his throat, catching the attention of the two.

When Prime Minister Im turned back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter