Chapter 18

Cheon Nyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After Jaejoong escaped from the wedding bloodbath, BoA came out from her hiding place and bumped into Gwi. “So it was you.” Gwi said and before she could even respond, she collapsed into his arms.

On the other side, Jaejoong managed to get Ilkook into the woods but the latter didn’t look like he would live any longer. Jaejoong put him down and rested him against the tree. “Can you hear me?” Jaejoong asked.

“Secret…”

“It would be good for you to save your words right now.”

“The secret plan… is Seoeun, that child…”

---

The next morning Faye woke up and came out of the house only to see Junsu crying at the courtyard. “Why are you crying?”

Junsu ignored her and wiped his tear away.

“Are you waiting for sunbae-nim?” Faye probed.

“He won’t be coming back.” Junsu replied.

Faye went silent at his reply. “Where did he go?”

“He went to a very far away place.” Junsu said and started crying away.

Seeing Junsu’s reaction, Faye knew where did Jaejoong go and dropped to the ground limply. Faye stared blankly at the ground and then she slowly recalled the recent conversations she had with Jaejoong. Thinking about his order not to be hurt without his permission, Faye started to cry. “Kim Jaejoong! You cannot die without my permission as well!” With that she ran out of the house.

“Where are you going? Didn’t you hear my words?” Junsu shouted but Faye has already gone out of sight.

---

Back in the palace, the eunuch came to inform the king that Gwi has retreated back to his underground lair. “Is that so?” The king said. “When night falls, I will go and face my fate tonight.” And then he turned to look at his grandson. “Today shall be the last day I spend with you.”

“I have the secret plan, halbamama! I know where Seoeun is.”

“You know? Then can you bring her here? She is your best friend, are you sure you want to sacrific her?”

Dongwook teared. “If that is truly the only way to save you and the country, I will do it no matter what it cost.”

“This is the last change left for us. You must get to the child quick.”

“I will definitely find her before sunset.” With that Dongwook left the king’s chamber.

“Tell the Prime Minister to come.” The king told the eunuch after Dongwook left the chamber.

---

Junsu was alone at home when Jaejoong came back with an injured Ilkook.

“I guess I am a little late.” Jaejoong said when he saw the crying Junsu.

“Master…”

“Bring Hunter Song to the secret room.” Jaejoong ordered and helped Ilkook to his secret room with Junsu.

After resting Ilkook on the bed, Jaejoong began to check for his pulse and only to find Ilkook barely clinging to his life. Jaejoong took his hawthorn dagger and sliced it across his palam, dripping his blood onto Ilkook’s wound on the head.

Once those wounds were healed, Jaejoong sprinkled some hawthorn powder over the wound on his palm.

“Master, it’s a relief! A great relief to see you coming back alive!” Junsu said.

“Where is Sehyun?” Jaejoong asked.

“I didn’t even tell her much but she seems to know everything and she just ran out to look for her.”

“She left? You mean she went to the palace?”

“I don’t know but it’s impossible for her to get into the palace right?”

Jaejoong got up and walked out of the secret room with Junsu behind him. “Take care of that man. However, when he wakes up, keep him in the secret room and don’t let him come out.”

Junsu nodded. “I understand, master.”

Faye was running through the city to look for Jaejoong and then she went to the palace but was denied access at the gate. “Please let me through just once.” Faye begged.

“No one is allowed into the palace for the time being.” The guard said. “So leave!”

“The Crown Prince… Please let me speak to the Crown Prince.”

“What is this? Who do you think you are?” The guard scolded and shoved her away.

Just then the former loan sharks spotted her and went up to her. “It has been a long while.” With that they pulled her away from the palace.

“Yah! What do you want from me?” Faye struggled. “The money had already been paid off so why are you…”

“Calm down! We have already given up on our loanshark business. Right, hyung-nim?” The sidekick said.

“When we went to collect protection money from the booksellers’ families, we heard that your grandfather was killed for being the Lustful Scholar and you were being sold to be a slave. We felt sorry for you and your grandfather.”

“So why are you sitting outside of the palace just now?” The sidekick asked.

“Hyung-nim!” Faye grabbed their hands. “Please help me.”

---

BoA was taken to Gwi’s underground lair. She was having a nightmare of her childhood encounter with a vampire that was about to eat her but Jaejoong came in and saved her.

She woke up and found Gwi looking at her from his throne, causing her to spring up in shock.

“You have finally woken up!”

“Sir…where is…”

“It’s the king’s palace.” Gwi smiled. “The true king who takes care of this country. You must have seen the fight between Kim Jaejoong and me right?”

“Yes, I did.”

“What do we look like? Do we look like humans?”

“That…”

“Both Kim Jaejoong and I are beings that live on human blood. We are vampires. Kim Jaejoong is the pitiful one who chose the wrong side. I don’t understand why does he stand on the human’s side to go through all those sufferings?” Gwi got up from his throne and made his way towards BoA. “A beautiful woman like you is only food to me.

He then squatted before BoA and traced his finger along her shoulder to her chin, tilting her face slightly upward. “You look pretty elegant.”

“No matter how delicious the food is, you won’t be able to appreciate the true taste when you are full.”

“Really?” Gwi smirked.

BoA smiled and held his finger gently. “Don’t you think saving it for future and savour it slowly would be better?”

“That’s right.” Gwi smiled in agreement.

Just then Prime Minister Im walked into the lair and was surprised to see BoA being together with Gwi. “Elder, when did you bring this child here?”

“Who are you to question me?” Gwi questioned back angrily. “And why did you come alone?”

“I apologize. Kim Jaejoong showed up suddenly and interfered so we couldn’t get the king and his people.”

“Incompetent.”

BoA shed a tear of relief when she heard that Jaejoong managed to get away alive.

“So how is the king doing? Is he trembling in fear?” Gwi asked.

“He should be looking for a way to live since he is still alive. But when the night falls, there will be bloodlust in the palace. What do you think we should do to my daughter, Yoona?”

“What do you want me to do?” Gwi chuckled.

“You shall decide, Elder.”

“I will decide after looking at what she had done.”

---

Yoona and Advisor Gong were called before the king. “Do you know where is your father?” The king asked.

“I’m sorry but I don’t know anything about his whereabouts.” Yoona answered.

“If so, what do you think we should do?”

“Although he is my father, it is an undeniable fact that he tried to harm the king and the Crown Prince. I feel that it is right to capture him immediately and punish him for his crimes.”

“Of course as a Crown Princess, you would have to answer like this. I don’t know about the Crown Prince but I don’t trust you.”

“I understand.”

“You will rise to be the Queen when tomorrow comes.”

Yoona looked up at the king with surprise.

“I have no way of knowing what is in your heart, but I hope you will support the Crown Prince well.”

“Your majesty…”

“You can leave now.” The king ordered.

Yoona swallowed her words back and gave the king a bow before leaving his chamber.

“Your majesty…” Advisor Gong spoke.

“The Crown Prince has set out to find the secret plan to kill Gwi. He hasn’t found the girl until now, do you think he will find her within today?” The king asked.

“Let’s wait and see.”

“Even if he were to find her now, I don’t think the Crown Prince would be willing to offer his childhood friend to Gwi.”

Advisor Gong nodded his head in agreement. “Tonight, Gwi will punish you by harming you and the Crown Prince. What should we do?”

“I will tell him that the Crown Prince know nothing about this hunt. I need your help, Advisor Gong.”

“I understand your order very well, your majesty. I will accept your command.”

“I’m sorry, Advisor Gong.

---

Jaejoong spotted Dongwook’s troop riding through the forest, and showed himself before the prince. “You are alive,” said Dongwook.

“Are you safe, your highness?” Jaejoong asked.

“Where is Seoeun right now?” Dongwook asked.

“The fate of the country is on the line now so why are you looking for her?”

“Do you know what role the maternal’s relation plays in this secret plan?”

“I don’t know.” Jaejoong answered.

“I just found out that Seo Kang Joon’s daughter, Seoeun, is the only descendant written on the diary. But the mother’s descendant is merely a human. When it comes to fighting against Gwi, she won’t be of much help.”

“But…”

“It is just as we predicted. She will have to offer hself to Gwi.”

“So this is the reason why you are looking for her right now? To offer her to Gwi?”

“I have no other choice.” Dongwook averted his gaze away from Jaejoong.

“Do you think it is right to give up a citizen’s life to Gwi? I am very sure that Crown Prince Yunho would never leave something like this in his diary! He would never sacrifice an innocent life to Gwi!”

“Me too! If I could get rid of Gwi with my life, I would do it too! Why does it have to be her? And why am I in the position to have to offer her to Gwi?” Dongwook spat with tear b up his eyes. “All I can do is to blame all these to heaven! Hurry up and hand her over!”

“I don’t know where is she now.”

“I know that you are protecting her but there is not time to waste! If I don’t take her to Gwi by sunset, we will lose his majesty. Hurry!”

Kim Jaejoong just stood at his spot and stared back at Dongwook. Gong Yoo was about to pull out his sword but Dongwook raised his hand to stop him. “Kim Jaejoong, did you say you would fight together as a subject of this country? I want you to make a choice now. Will you choose your feeling for her or be a soldier for this country?”

“I really don’t know where is she. When I returned, she was already nowhere to be seen. Hence this is why I am out to look for her as well.”

“It’s already 1pm now. If you find her, I trust that you will bring her to the palace. I beg you.”

Jaejoong bowed and stepped aside for Dongwook and his troop to pass. But Dongwook wasn’t certain that Jaejoong was telling the truth, so he has his men to go to Jaejoong’s house to raid the premises.

But it was true that Faye wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter