Chapter 6

The Next Generation

Jaehyun and Mark went quickly back to the capitol, Jeonghan easily keeping up with their quick pace. What would've taken about 2 days took a day and 4 hours to get back to the capitol.

They got to the capitol, looking exhausted as they reached the gates. "You want to go to the palace first?" Asked Mark as he turned to Jaehyun. "I think we should," said Jaehyun as he tried to catch his breath. "Damn, you weren't wrong when you said you were the quickest," he said, grinning. "Hey, an archer needs to be fast," Mark said with a laugh. "Alright, to the palace it is, you can get whatever you need here before we head back," he said. Jaehyun nodded. "I'll meet you in the market district?" He asked. "Yeah," said Mark. Jaehyun nodded and went off towards his apartment complex. Mark headed to the palace with Jeonghan.

"I come with news from the southern borders," said Mark as he knelled down in front of the throne. "A messenger from the capitol said they wanted to pass troops through to get to the northern borders and into Bangtan," he said. "Hm," said the queen. "You said he was alone?" She asked. Mark nodded. "If he was going to attack us, I'm sure he wouldn't have stood there and talked," he said. "Knowing how their warriors are anyway," he said. The queen nodded. "I will allow passage, but you must whoever comes back to the northern borders," she said. Mark nodded. "Okay your highness," he said standing and bowing. "Dismissed," said the queen. Mark left, heading towards the market district with Jeonghan at his side.

Mark found Jaehyun walking around with Jin and Taehyung in the market district, talking about things back home. "Hey Jaehyun, Jin, Taehyung," he said. "Hey Mark!" Said Taehyung as he smiled. "Hello Mark-ah," said Jin. "Did you get what you needed Jaehyun?" Asked Mark. Jaehyun nodded. "Yeah, what'd the queen say?" He asked. "I gotta them to the borders," said Mark. "Take them from the southern to the northern borders, and drop them off there," he said. "By yourself?" Asked Jaehyun. Mark nods. "Mm," said Jaehyun. "What, you question my ability to safely people?" Asked Mark. "No," said Jaehyun. "I know you can, because you're the quickest member, you'll get it done quick," he said. Mark smiled slightly. "Thanks for the encouragement hyung," he mumbled.

"Anyway, we should get going," said Jaehyun as he turned to Jin and Taehyung. They both nod. "I'll see you guys after things blow over," said Jaehyun. Jin and Taehyung nod, and Jaehyun and Mark leave with Jeonghan, heading quickly back to the southern border's outpost.

They got back a day and four hours later, with the news. JR had accepted the news, and all they had to do now was wait for Daehyun to show up again. Jaehyun got some much needed rest, and Mark ran patrols with JR and Taeil along the outpost walls.