Chapter 1

The Next Generation

It's been a couple years since the new guard has been appointed, peace has been good for a couple years now, but a looming threat in the southern borders and the northern borders was coming. The kingdom of EXO in the south was threatening to invade, while the kingdom of Bangtan in the north was having a civil war within their kingdom.

Doyoung had just dropped off Sehun at school when he was approached by one of the castle guards. "What's up?" He asked. "The queen has summoned you, get the rest of the guard to the palace," said the guard. Doyoung nodded and went to get the others.

He found Taeil in the market district shopping for dinner. "We have been summoned," he said when Taeil gave him a questioning look. "I'll get the others, just go to the palace," he said Taeil nodded and went to drop stuff off at home before going to the palace.

Doyoung had his orb help him find the others, as he came upon Mark at the gates as he was returning from a hunt with Jeonghan. "We've been summoned, go to the palace, I'm going to get the others," he said. Mark nodded and ran to the palace with Jeonghan.

The next people he found were Taeyong and Jaehyun who were at the training grounds having a sparring match. "We got summoned to the palace, come on," he said. Taeyong and Jaehyun nod before heading off with Doyoung.

The three of them arrive to the throne room, where someone was kneeling in front of the throne. Doyoung and the others bow before the queen before taking their place to the left. Jaehyun notices that the person kneeling looked strangely familiar to him but he said nothing as the queen addressed the new person.

"What is your reason for coming to our capitol?" Asked the queen. "M-My name is Seokjin your highness," said Seokjin. "I come from the north as a refugee with my younger brother," he said. "I just want to seek refuge here until the war ends," he said. Jaehyun blinked. "J-Jin?" He mumbled, causing the others to look at him. Jin looked up, spotting Jaehyun. "Jaehyun?" He asked. "You made it," he breathed out as he looked shocked. Jaehyun shifted slightly as he nodded. "I'm sorry I couldn't come back to get you," he said. "I wanted to train first, and I became a part of the guard as you can see," he said. Jin nodded.

The queen nodded some. "Who is your brother?" She asked. "His name is Taehyung, he is waiting outside the palace," said Jin. "We will let you stay in the capitol," said the queen. "But please be aware that we are also having our own problems here by the southern borders," she said. Jin nodded. "We won't be a bother," he said. "Dismissed," said the queen. Jin stood, bowing before leaving the room.

"I called you five here because of the troubles at the southern borders," said the queen as she turned to Doyoung and the others. "Ren and his team have already gone to check it out, but if something were to happen to them I'm ready to send you five out," she said. "Be prepared for something like this if it happens," she said. They all nod. "Dismissed," she said. Doyoung and the others leave the throne room.

Taehyung and Jin were waiting for them. "So Jin was right!" Taehyung said as he tackled Jaehyun. "Oof! Hi Taehyung-hyung," said Jaehyun. "I'm sorry I couldn't come get you," he said. "It's okay," said Taehyung. "We got out of there, it's all that counts," he said. "Where are the others?" Asked Jaehyun. "They couldn't make it, they didn't want to leave, they needed to stay and fight," said Jin. Jaehyun sighed. "I hope they don't think I'm a coward or anything," he said. "They don't," said Jin. "Especially with the news of you becoming part of the guard, that got them the courage to continue fighting in the war," he said. Jaehyun smiled a bit. "That's good," he said.

"Come on," said Doyoung. "Who will you two stay with?" He asked. "They can stay at my place," said Jaehyun. "If you guys want to," he added. "Sure," said Jin as he smiled. Taehyung nodded in agreement. "Alright," said Doyoung. They all headed home.